Forums/NHL Trades

(NYI/BUF) - Boychuk for future considerations

Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Nov. 5, 2021 at 12:18 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: Saskleaf
What? They just protected him in the expansion draft, not a chance they pay to dump Holl. I think he'd cost at least a 3rd round pick for a team to get him.

I don't know. My leafs fan roommate hates his guts and thinks he'd need to be dumped. I'm sure in this league he can probably fetch a 4th.
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 12:23 a.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
I don't know. My leafs fan roommate hates his guts and thinks he'd need to be dumped. I'm sure in this league he can probably fetch a 4th.

He's a right handed defenseman. I think it's actually against the rules to pay to dump them anyways lol (not actually but right handed d's are so overvalued it's not even funny).
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:44 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
He's a right handed defenseman. I think it's actually against the rules to pay to dump them anyways lol (not actually but right handed d's are so overvalued it's not even funny).

True. Still can't see too many teams lining up for him compared to others available. Not to mention the Toronto Maple Leafs of all teams looking to move him when they are infamous for defensive help haha.
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 8:46 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
ANA: Henrique (potentially)
BOS: Wagner or Moore
CAR: Gardiner
CHI: Connolly, De Haan, Shaw (LTIR)
CGY: Lucic
COL: Johnson
DAL: Khudobin
FLA: Hornqvist (potentially)
LAK: Maatta
MIN: Rask
MTL: Byron
NJ: Johnsson
NYI: Komarov, Panik, Hickey
NYR: Nemeth
OTT: Zaitsev
PIT: Matheson
SJ: Kane
STL: Scandella
TOR: Holl
VGK: Dadonov
WSH: Hagelin

Caps are much more likely to pay to get rid of Kempny, as Hagelin still provides some value to the Capitals lineup.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 9:10 a.m.
Go leafs go
True. Still can't see too many teams lining up for him compared to others available. Not to mention the Toronto Maple Leafs of all teams looking to move him when they are infamous for defensive help haha.

And there's something to that, but if there's no interest in him to the point that he has no or negative value, he will just stay a leaf. He's only payed 2 million which is pretty fair for a guy like him.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 12:56 p.m.
MOVE THE COYOTES
What? They just protected him in the expansion draft, not a chance they pay to dump Holl. I think he'd cost at least a 3rd round pick for a team to get him.

Ya probably.
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:16 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
The best example of a win-win.
Saskleaf and SadSensFan14 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:47 p.m.
Banned
Seems like I no brainer once the salary cap landscape for the Sabres dipped down and they needed the ghost of Johnny Rocket to bring them back above sea level squinty smile
Nov. 6, 2021 at 2:16 a.m.
NoCupsForCanada
I'm fascinated to know what dimension you have to be living in to think STL would PAY someone to take Scandella
Nov. 6, 2021 at 9:46 a.m.
GO FLAMES GO

Just like Gudbranson's contract
Saskleaf liked this.
Nov. 6, 2021 at 11:13 a.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Gmonwy
Just like Gudbranson's contract

I mean, Gudbransons a bit different... but yes I do think he also has trade value at the moment. Which, unlike Holl, is crazy.
Nov. 10, 2021 at 3:33 p.m.
We are all equal
My question is. What is "future considerations"? I thought you actually had to trade something each way to make a trade in the NHL. Not something for nothing....

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit