SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Washington Capitals

Cut Samsonov some slack

Nov. 5, 2021 at 8:35 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Since I'm seeing a lot of trade Samsonov calls across the internet recently, I wanted to play devil's advocate and defend him. Sammy has been inconsistent this year for sure, going from making some Hasek-esqe saves and blanking the Coyotes (I know its the Coyotes, but Sammy came up clutch in that game while the rest of the team struggled to get it together), to giving up 4 to Ottawa and 3 to Florida. However actually looking at him, he has gobs of potential and is only 24, and his stats really aren't as terrible as some may think. He hasn't been able to recreate his first season, but wasn't horrible last year, with a .902 sv% and a 2.69 GAA, while continuously playing the same teams that could figure him out throughout the year. I also want to point out that Vanacek also can be quite inconsistent, and posted incredibly similar numbers to Samsonov last year. It seems Caps fans are quite unforgiving with poor play and can be quite unfair with their judgements (I know, I'm also one) but they shouldn't be flying off the handle about this yet. Finally, I just want to point out that what happened last night seemed to be some sort of possible injury (thus Sammy seeming to pull himself, and props to him for putting the team first regardless) and the situation was quite an anomaly, as he didn't get full prep and was playing one of the best teams in the NHL. Caps fans need to cut him some slack.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll