insurance incase DK doesnt resign with the Avs
COL
  1. Samsonov, Ilya
Additional Details:
pick turns into a 2nd if Sammy plays 50+ games in 2023
WSH
  1. 2022 3rd round pick (PIT)
WSH
  1. Radulov, Alexander ($3,125,000 retained)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the COL
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$69,951,261$472,927$132,500$11,548,739
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$5,166,667$5,166,667
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$9,200,000$9,200,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,125,000$3,125,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,415,000$2,415,000
C
UFA - 2
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LW, C
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$716,667$716,667
G
UFA - 1
$1,275,000$1,275,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
G
UFA - 1
$791,667$791,667 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
RD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 5, 2021 at 1:52 p.m.
Considering the Avs get most of their goalies from the Caps, this seems like destiny. And I'd certainly pay that price if I had the chance.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 1:57 p.m.
yippee
1. Samsonov is considered part of the team's "fat"?

2. Probably the best trade here, though I think you could get more value for Mantha considering that this pretty much solves Vegas' future cap troubles.

3. I get that this is to shed cap, but remember, you wouldn't have to do that if you didn't take on Dadonov and took, say, Carrier instead.

4. No, why do this? It's not worth giving up this much when you could just keep Sheary and ship Kempny off to a team that can take him, like the Coyotes (just an example).
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:05 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
None of these trades make any sense to do in the middle of the year.

1. Sammy is better than people think, this is a huge overreaction for multiple reasons. I won't relist them here but I did a whole thing in the Capitals section.

2 + 3. No reason to do either of these, the defense has been decent this year and Mantha has been quite good. His injury does hurt but when I expect him to keep up the good play once he returns.

4. Eh. I'm not sold on Radulov being the piece the Caps need, and I think it would be better just to get someone to take Kempny's contract and work from there.

Quoting: Roysboy72

Caps fans seem to be overreacting and panic trading Samsonov as he has had some subpar performances to start the year, while ignoring he took a bit to heat up last year but then went on a great run of form at a needed time.
Roysboy72 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:07 p.m.
Does Samsonov suck now or something? If he’s not good enough to be the caps starter why would he be good enough for the avs
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:17 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: coga16
Does Samsonov suck now or something? If he’s not good enough to be the caps starter why would he be good enough for the avs

He had one bad game. He is still doing fine.
capsfan2121 and NoVaSpartan liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:20 p.m.
Quoting: Eli

but istnt that the point of this post, that hes fat and needs to be cut, hence not good.
which goes back to my original question, if hes not good enough for the caps why would he be good enough for another if he is indeed "fat"
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:21 p.m.
Tintin over 1122

He has alot questionable goals let in
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:23 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Roysboy72

2. Probably the best trade here, though I think you could get more value for Mantha considering that this pretty much solves Vegas' future cap troubles.

3. I get that this is to shed cap, but remember, you wouldn't have to do that if you didn't take on Dadonov and took, say, Carrier instead.

4. No, why do this? It's not worth giving up this much when you could just keep Sheary and ship Kempny off to a team that can take him, like the Coyotes (just an example).

1) Samsonov isnt very good ... He is due for a raise next year and so is V V... Copley has been more impressive in the NHL imo. Sammy has a ceiling he'll never reach. 2 tyoes of fans pessimistic or optimistic
2)What do you honestly think Manthas value is? Martinez is basically an Orlov type talent. Dad imo would be us buying low on a player that is playing w average center talent
3) Schultz imo is our weakest Dman besides Carlson and adding AM makes him disposable
4) Radulov is an absolute monster in the playoffs and he makes this team A LOT better imo
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:24 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
but istnt that the point of this post, that hes fat and needs to be cut, hence not good.
which goes back to my original question, if hes not good enough for the caps why would he be good enough for another if he is indeed "fat"

no idea. The thought in this post makes no sense to me. The one solution i could offer is perhaps in this scenario the creator thought colorado would be buying low on potential as a reclaimation project. Otherwise, no freakin clue
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:30 p.m.
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
no idea. The thought in this post makes no sense to me. The one solution i could offer is perhaps in this scenario the creator thought colorado would be buying low on potential as a reclaimation project. Otherwise, no freakin clue

at the price of a 3rd sure why not, but unless he thnks hes getting 5m aav next contract as an RFA, then hes out to lunch. If avs could meet those demands they meet kuempers price and move on.
Its just a weird scenario presented here by the OP
NoVaSpartan and Capitalfail67 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:31 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
None of these trades make any sense to do in the middle of the year.

1. Sammy is better than people think, this is a huge overreaction for multiple reasons. I won't relist them here but I did a whole thing in the Capitals section.

2 + 3. No reason to do either of these, the defense has been decent this year and Mantha has been quite good. His injury does hurt but when I expect him to keep up the good play once he returns.

4. Eh. I'm not sold on Radulov being the piece the Caps need, and I think it would be better just to get someone to take Kempny's contract and work from there.

Caps fans seem to be overreacting and panic trading Samsonov as he has had some subpar performances to start the year, while ignoring he took a bit to heat up last year but then went on a great run of form at a needed time.

Sammy has played 5 games this year
.883s%
shutout (maybe the worst team in the NHL)
.865s%
.929s% (great game) maybe you are overreacting to one good game?
.889 s%

2.91GGA .893s%..... thats with a shutout vs AZ "overreacting" ? he's had 3 terrible games and 2 good ones? at best he's a good NHL goalie 40% of the time this year

2) this trade makes our defense go from "good" to great... capitals have allowed the 17th most goals this year...

4)Radulov is the type of guy that helps you win a cup.. Kessel Pittsburgh type add imo
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:32 p.m.
Caps fan idk why

Grub was a backup also.... "sucks" is subjective but its more buy low on a talented goalie thats currently struggling
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:33 p.m.
Caps fan idk why

ONE? he's played 5 games how many of those games has he saved 90% of his shots?
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:35 p.m.
Caps fan idk why

i mean i thought i explained this well ... "insurance incase DK doesnt resign with the Avs". He would be a worse case scenario signing if they cant sign the starter like they failed to do with Grubby... Also they are trading a 3rd rounder for him which makes this extremely low risk..
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:35 p.m.
GM_MZ_WSH
all of these are very, very rough
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:39 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: GM_MZ_WSH
all of these are very, very rough

depending on your feeling on Sammy... i think he needs a change he's been very average... esp when you consider they let VV go to Seattle lol
AM is basically another Orlov talent ....Makes the defense a lot better imo while downgrading a wing position slightly
Rad is a .7ppg player in the playoffs seems like the type youd love to have
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:41 p.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67
i mean i thought i explained this well ... "insurance incase DK doesnt resign with the Avs". He would be a worse case scenario signing if they cant sign the starter like they failed to do with Grubby... Also they are trading a 3rd rounder for him which makes this extremely low risk..

avs had a starter in Varlamov when they picked up Grubuaer. He was a test run to see if he could handle a modified starting job.
This isnt the same scenerio at all bc there is no starter next year already signed
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:42 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Sammy has played 5 games this year
.883s%
shutout (maybe the worst team in the NHL)
.865s%
.929s% (great game) maybe you are overreacting to one good game?
.889 s%

2.91GGA .893s%..... thats with a shutout vs AZ "overreacting" ? he's had 3 terrible games and 2 good ones? at best he's a good NHL goalie 40% of the time this year

2) this trade makes our defense go from "good" to great... capitals have allowed the 17th most goals this year...

4)Radulov is the type of guy that helps you win a cup.. Kessel Pittsburgh type add imo

Samsonov is 24 with tons of potential that you haven't given an actual reason for why he won't reach it, and hasn't played a full NHL season, giving up now would be insane. He has been in 5 games, positions himself fairly well when facing shots, and has had some bad luck so far. He had this same underwhelming start last year then started rattling off wins. I'm saying its an overreaction because again, its been 5 games! Not nearly enough time to freak out over this. as for the other trades Schultz has played well this year and I wouldn't want to give up Mantha and Schultz for a decent upgrade on defense but a major downgrade on offense, and I don't think Radulov is the big over the finish line piece for Washington, so I wouldn't want to give up that much in a rental.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:45 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
avs had a starter in Varlamov when they picked up Grubuaer. He was a test run to see if he could handle a modified starting job.
This isnt the same scenerio at all bc there is no starter next year already signed

Wouldn't you consider Samsonov a more tested goalie / a guy you could use as a starter if you cant find a starter? Again i clearly stated this is an insurance trade IF you cant sign your current starter. A third isnt really a huge risk for the AVs . IMO seems like a no brainier for the Avs .. im more confused how you are over complicating the trade. lol
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:49 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Samsonov is 24 with tons of potential that you haven't given an actual reason for why he won't reach it, and hasn't played a full NHL season, giving up now would be insane. He has been in 5 games, positions himself fairly well when facing shots, and has had some bad luck so far. He had this same underwhelming start last year then started rattling off wins. I'm saying its an overreaction because again, its been 5 games! Not nearly enough time to freak out over this. as for the other trades Schultz has played well this year and I wouldn't want to give up Mantha and Schultz for a decent upgrade on defense but a major downgrade on offense, and I don't think Radulov is the big over the finish line piece for Washington, so I wouldn't want to give up that much in a rental.

Ive personally have seen nothing that would lead me to believe Sammy is the future of this team. IF you remeber correctly i was the guy 3 seasons ago saying VV was the better goalie heading into the bubble. Samsonov reminds me a lot of Semin but a goalie... disengaged and plays when he feel like it. This team has constantly overlooked the better goalie.

Schultz is good but AM is signed with term and id argue DAD is closer to a minor upgrade than a major. Rad is really good i encourage you to look up his playoff stats
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:49 p.m.
Who adds what?
This was posted about the same time I read that Mantha is out for a long time. I think it was written thinking the team could use cap space to make additions.

With Mantha, Backstrom, and Oshie out, the Caps have room to add, if available, McDavid and Kessel. It would be difficult to come up with enough future pieces to land both, without giving up any roster players, but the cap space is there, and they're still, somehow, in playoff position. This roster is fat-free.

Time to add some gratuitous goal scoring.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:50 p.m.
Wouldn't you consider Samsonov a more tested goalie / a guy you could use as a starter if you cant find a starter? Again i clearly stated this is an insurance trade IF you cant sign your current starter. A third isnt really a huge risk for the AVs . IMO seems like a no brainier for the Avs .. im more confused how you are over complicating the trade. lol

Samsonov only has 50 career starts under his belt, if hes not a starter for Wsh hes not going to be a starter for teams who view themselves as cup teams

I already said at the price yes, but lets not pretend like he is a starter ifhes not a starter for the capitals, hes a back up if you are cutting the fat with him. and if you are claiming he wants a raise, then hes not worth more than his 2m aav now so its an easy no in a cap world
Nov. 5, 2021 at 2:55 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
This was posted about the same time I read that Mantha is out for a long time. I think it was written thinking the team could use cap space to make additions.

With Mantha, Backstrom, and Oshie out, the Caps have room to add, if available, McDavid and Kessel. It would be difficult to come up with enough future pieces to land both, without giving up any roster players, but the cap space is there, and they're still, somehow, in playoff position. This roster is fat-free.

Time to add some gratuitous goal scoring.

BiNgO
Nov. 5, 2021 at 3:03 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Samsonov only has 50 career starts under his belt, if hes not a starter for Wsh hes not going to be a starter for teams who view themselves as cup teams

I already said at the price yes, but lets not pretend like he is a starter ifhes not a starter for the capitals, hes a back up if you are cutting the fat with him. and if you are claiming he wants a raise, then hes not worth more than his 2m aav now so its an easy no in a cap world

Grub wasnt a starter either by your logic and you guys ate 5.5m + gave us a 2nd (was coming to be a backup / project goalie).... VV is just the better goalie. Im not pretending anything you are reading into things WAY TO MUCH. i simply said he was be a GOOD INSURANCE plan if you cant find a starter. do you understand what insurance plan means? like a worse case scenario? I even said IF HE PLAYS 50 GAMES the pick becomes a 2nd.... thats even implying i wasnt expecting him to be a starter but if he somehow did the pick would upgrade? lol
Nov. 5, 2021 at 3:34 p.m.
Grub wasnt a starter either by your logic and you guys ate 5.5m + gave us a 2nd (was coming to be a backup / project goalie).... VV is just the better goalie. Im not pretending anything you are reading into things WAY TO MUCH. i simply said he was be a GOOD INSURANCE plan if you cant find a starter. do you understand what insurance plan means? like a worse case scenario? I even said IF HE PLAYS 50 GAMES the pick becomes a 2nd.... thats even implying i wasnt expecting him to be a starter but if he somehow did the pick would upgrade? lol

Grubuauer had one of the best statistical first 100 career starts in league history, that is a big big difference in comparing the 2.
you are trying to hard to convivence another teams fandom to take on a goalie who isnt very good by your logic and expects a raise when they arent a starter quality. Hes not starter insurance hes an over paid back up

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll