Forums/Armchair-GM

Isles and Anaheim

Created by: Aidian1
Team: 2021-22 St. Louis Blues
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 6, 2021
Published: Nov. 7, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Just having fun and spitballing here (teams is good as is) critiques welcome but try and give suggested alterations if you have some. know Isles want Vladi and want help on Left D. Walmann is solid but Scotty P is more than ready to play a big role for this team imo. I like Beau and think he fills what I still feel is a hole on the 2nd line LW (I really want Kryou playing where he's most comfortable) Mayfield for some additonal sweetener on the deal for Vladi trade and giving them Bortz just makes sure they still have a solid RHD for that bottom pairing. I have no clue what Lindholm and Rikard's value is, Lmk. Krug has been awesome but we've got a youngster that can fill his role really well in Scotty P and we could really use another shutdown guy for Parayko. If Scotty doesn't adequately fill that role he can just be swapped to the 3rd pair and we'd likely still be stronger defensively anyways with Lindholm and Faulk can still contribute. Threw Clifford in there just to free up a roster spot. If we can get Rickard and Lindholm to sign here at reasonable dollars, this team could be younger and stacked for atleast the next couple seasons.
Trades
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$70,348,099$306,349$2,975,000$11,151,901
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 5
$1,875,000$1,875,000
C
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$6,500,000$6,500,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 7
$2,800,000$2,800,000
RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,463,139$2,463,139
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,800,000$2,800,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$5,800,000$5,800,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 4
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,602,778$2,602,778
LD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NTC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,300,000$1M)
LD
RFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 6
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,275,000$3,275,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the New York Islanders
$1,450,000$1,450,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$787,500$787,500
LD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$1,250,000$1M)
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 7, 2021 at 6:55 a.m.
Beauvillier has been elite this year, young and under a reasonable contract, he's pretty much untouchable if it's not in a package for a superstar. Mayfield's been much better than expected this season (probably due to playing much with Pelech, but still) and he's under 2 more years for 1.450 M, that's too good to even consider moving imo. Bortuzzo seems like a worse Mayfield in every aspect. Walman's surely better then Chára, but Beauviller for Tarasenko is a W every day for Blues considering their age and trajectories going forward. Imo there is no deal to be made here.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 6:59 a.m.
Quoting: Isles10
Beauvillier has been elite this year, young and under a reasonable contract, he's pretty much untouchable if it's not in a package for a superstar. Mayfield's been much better than expected this season (probably due to playing much with Pelech, but still) and he's under 2 more years for 1.450 M, that's too good to even consider moving imo. Bortuzzo seems like a worse Mayfield in every aspect. Walman's surely better then Chára, but Beauviller for Tarasenko is a W every day for Blues considering their age and trajectories going forward. Imo there is no deal to be made here.

Haven't kept up too much with how the Isles have been playing. Just constantly hearing Chara getting crucified and knew there was strong interest in Vladi. Also heard Isles may be having trouble potting goals. Bortz definitely < Mayfield. Like I said, thought Bortz would be an adequate candidate to fill his absence and operating under the assumption Isles view Vladi scoring potential and getting a solid LD more than Beau. But if he's playing really well rn then yeah the value may be a bit off.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 7:07 a.m.
Quoting: Aidian1
Haven't kept up too much with how the Isles have been playing. Just constantly hearing Chara getting crucified and knew there was strong interest in Vladi. Also heard Isles may be having trouble potting goals. Bortz definitely < Mayfield. Like I said, thought Bortz would be an adequate candidate to fill his absence and operating under the assumption Isles view Vladi scoring potential and getting a solid LD more than Beau. But if he's playing really well rn then yeah the value may be a bit off.

Mayfield has been better than Bortuzzo so far this year, look at their overall impact. Weigh in their age, contracts, and roles and I don't see why Isles would swap them. A simple stat to summarize; Bortuzzo's average game score is 0.31and Mayfield's is 0.71. A solid LD more than Beau? So you suggest Isles would rather have Jake Walman than Anthony Beauvillier? That's something... Beauvillier has been really good for a couple of years, but now he seems to finally take the step to be an elite winger rather than a really good one. May come as a surprise, but as you said yourself, not many people bother to watch or keep up with the Isles.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 7:13 a.m.
Mayfield has been better than Bortuzzo so far this year, look at their overall impact. Weigh in their age, contracts, and roles and I don't see why Isles would swap them. A simple stat to summarize; Bortuzzo's average game score is 0.31and Mayfield's is 0.71. A solid LD more than Beau? So you suggest Isles would rather have Jake Walman than Anthony Beauvillier? That's something... Beauvillier has been really good for a couple of years, but now he seems to finally take the step to be an elite winger rather than a really good one. May come as a surprise, but as you said yourself, not many people bother to watch or keep up with the Isles.

Think you just misread what I said because I kind of did it backwards lol. Bortuzzo< Mayfield =Mayfield>Bortuzzo. Then the rest of what I said makes more sense from the view point I had which may be wrong.
Isles10 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 7:15 a.m.
Think you just misread what I said because I kind of did it backwards lol. Bortuzzo< Mayfield =Mayfield>Bortuzzo. Then the rest of what I said makes more sense from the view point I had which may be wrong.

Aha sorry haha. I would love Tarasenko, it just feels that we have to get rid of Bailey first and Blues probably don't want him. I would be willing to give up some solid prospect and picks for Tarasenko though, he's looked like his real self so far. Do you have any intel in regards to him still wanting to leave or has he changed his mind?
Aidian1 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 7:24 a.m.
Aha sorry haha. I would love Tarasenko, it just feels that we have to get rid of Bailey first and Blues probably don't want him. I would be willing to give up some solid prospect and picks for Tarasenko though, he's looked like his real self so far. Do you have any intel in regards to him still wanting to leave or has he changed his mind?

No solid Intel anyways lol. Beau was just the only piece that was ever of any interest to me because I think he fills a hole on the 2nd line LW considering all the Russians we've got that like to play their off hand RW lol. I love the dude, id rather just keep him personally and I'm still holding out hopes he changes his mind and potentially even finish his career off here. Just like toying around with trades on here. He looks happy, he seems to have a really solid connection with teammates right now, playing really well and seems more passionate/motivated than I've seen him in a LONG time. A lot more determination to his game than he's even had in some of his better seasons, especially off the puck and defensively.
Isles10 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 7:28 a.m.
No solid Intel anyways lol. Beau was just the only piece that was ever of any interest to me because I think he fills a hole on the 2nd line LW considering all the Russians we've got that like to play their off hand RW lol. I love the dude, id rather just keep him personally and I'm still holding out hopes he changes his mind and potentially even finish his career off here. Just like toying around with trades on here. He looks happy, he seems to have a really solid connection with teammates right now, playing really well and seems more passionate/motivated than I've seen him in a LONG time. A lot more determination to his game than he's even had in some of his better seasons, especially off the puck and defensively.

Yeah I get that. Hope it turns out great for both parties. Don't you guys play Perron 1LW and Saad 2LW? I know Perron is a righty, but hasn't he played LW all his career? Your forward depth this year is crazy imo.

Perron - O'Reilly - Tarasenko
Saad - Schenn - Buchnevich
Kyrou - Thomas - Kostin
Barbashev - Sundqvist - Bozak
(Neal - Brown - Neighbours)
(Clifford - Joshua - Anas)

Probably completely off on the lines, just put the names down. That's some serious depth imo.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 7:40 a.m.
Yeah I get that. Hope it turns out great for both parties. Don't you guys play Perron 1LW and Saad 2LW? I know Perron is a righty, but hasn't he played LW all his career? Your forward depth this year is crazy imo.

Perron - O'Reilly - Tarasenko
Saad - Schenn - Buchnevich
Kyrou - Thomas - Kostin
Barbashev - Sundqvist - Bozak
(Neal - Brown - Neighbours)
(Clifford - Joshua - Anas)

Probably completely off on the lines, just put the names down. That's some serious depth imo.

With the covid protocols, injury to Schenn last game, Buch suspension... the line have been pretty jumbled. Thomas W/ Vladi has been the one unchanged piece of the line up since start of training camp even lol. Tried Perron on the left with O'Reilly and Kyrou and vice versa... Not a fan haha. Forward depth is certainly awesome for the Blues right now, every line contributing. Think the full roster line up I like best is
Saad-O'Reilly-Perron
Kyrou-Schenn-Buch
Barbashev-Thomas-Tarasenko
Neighbours-Bozak-Kostin
Think we got one good game with this line up before suspension, Rona, Injury hit. Sundqvist will come back soon and likely be Kostin-Bozak-Sundqvist 4th line. Let it be noted the "3rd line" most nights had similar ice time as the 1st lol.
Isles10 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 7:44 a.m.
With the covid protocols, injury to Schenn last game, Buch suspension... the line have been pretty jumbled. Thomas W/ Vladi has been the one unchanged piece of the line up since start of training camp even lol. Tried Perron on the left with O'Reilly and Kyrou and vice versa... Not a fan haha. Forward depth is certainly awesome for the Blues right now, every line contributing. Think the full roster line up I like best is
Saad-O'Reilly-Perron
Kyrou-Schenn-Buch
Barbashev-Thomas-Tarasenko
Neighbours-Bozak-Kostin
Think we got one good game with this line up before suspension, Rona, Injury hit. Sundqvist will come back soon and likely be Kostin-Bozak-Sundqvist 4th line. Let it be noted the "3rd line" most nights had similar ice time as the 1st lol.

As a Swede, I've always loved Sundqvist's game. In your SC playoffs, he was a beast. Hope he'll be back soon. Which player have you been most disappointed with so far?
Nov. 7, 2021 at 7:48 a.m.
Beauvillier has been the isles best forward this season - 7 pts in 9 games with strong analytics. He’s a core player and pretty much untouchable.

Tarasenko to the isles is very unlikely to happen - Bailey would need to get traded to the Blues or elsewhere to make it happen because no one else is coming out of the lineup for Tarasenko.
Aidian1 and Isles10 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 7:52 a.m.
mokumboi
The Isles are not doing that. And hard pass on the Anaheim trade, it's way too much.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 7:52 a.m.
As a Swede, I've always loved Sundqvist's game. In your SC playoffs, he was a beast. Hope he'll be back soon. Which player have you been most disappointed with so far?

Sunny has a very complete game. Perfect 3rd-4th liner who can jump up the line up in a pinch and play well. We love him. Scandella by far has been the most noticeably frustrating player to watch for me. He has had some really solid games but he's been fairly inconsistent. Kostin is another, awesome player, who's done really good things and has a ton of potential but he's taken some really stupid penalties at tough times, on the wrong side of the ice. Bad penalties is probably the easiest way to get on my **** list lol I used to hate Perron for this reason.
Isles10 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 7:55 a.m.
As a Ducks fan, I don't want Krug coming back. That would mean two 30-year-old Left Defensemen under contract for another 4 (/5) years with a $6M+ cap hit on a rebuilding team that has a lot of really good LD prospects (mainly Thrun and Zellweger, but also Benoit, Mahura and LaCombe). But the Blues shouldn't do that trade either.
Aidian1 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 7:58 a.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
The Isles are not doing that. And hard pass on the Anaheim trade, it's way too much.

So I've been told. And yeah, not sure what Anaheim is looking to get for them, was operating under the assumption we'd have an extension laid out for atleast one of them.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 8:02 a.m.
Quoting: TZ11
As a Ducks fan, I don't want Krug coming back. That would mean two 30-year-old Left Defensemen under contract for another 4 (/5) years with a $6M+ cap hit on a rebuilding team that has a lot of really good LD prospects (mainly Thrun and Zellweger, but also Benoit, Mahura and LaCombe). But the Blues shouldn't do that trade either.

Makes sense. As great as he is I'd rather not have his contract either hahah. Kind of an unnecessary luxury defenseman imo considering we have Faulk and a kid making under a mil who can quarter back a powerplay well.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 8:05 a.m.

What do you think the price would be on Lindholm from the Blues? We'd obviously have to send a contract back unless they retain a fair bit for this season.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 8:08 a.m.
Quoting: Db1899
Beauvillier has been the isles best forward this season - 7 pts in 9 games with strong analytics. He’s a core player and pretty much untouchable.

Tarasenko to the isles is very unlikely to happen - Bailey would need to get traded to the Blues or elsewhere to make it happen because no one else is coming out of the lineup for Tarasenko.

Yeah, guess Isles are totally out then.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 9:16 a.m.
What do you think the price would be on Lindholm from the Blues? We'd obviously have to send a contract back unless they retain a fair bit for this season.

I think the Ducks would be willing to retain 50%. But some contract would have to moved nevertheless. The 2022 1st + a 2nd/3rd + a prospect should be enough to get Lindholm with 50% retention.
GeneralLandro and Aidian1 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 9:27 a.m.
Vegan Commie Hipster
Interesting deals both

Refreshing how unique they are

One critique is ANA likely want futures over Krug

If they retained on their assets

It'd probably be better ultimately
Aidian1 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 11:12 a.m.
Islanders Fan
Isles are not trading Beauvillier. He is cost controlled the next few years and prime for a breakout season.
Radu47 liked this.
Nov. 7, 2021 at 11:13 a.m.
Xercuses

We don’t wanna give him up

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll