SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Winnipeg Jets

What's the deal with Blake Wheeler

Nov. 8, 2021 at 4:01 p.m.
Banned
Okay, so the Jets have figured out their game and their team system, I know Scheifele and Wheeler were in protocol for a bit, but with both back now, I'm hearing some criticisms about Blake Wheelers stifling the games of some of the other forwards, particularly Kyle Connor. Can anybody shed some more light on this?
Feb. 6, 2022 at 3:03 a.m.
Voyageur
Blake Wheeler was Paul Maurice's leader. I think the team is going in a different direction now. The reigns are being handed over. At this point I think True North has to buy out Wheeler next year. It would cost the team $9.833,333 million in total to buy him out next year vs. $14,750,000 in actual salary (4 years vs. 2). After paying him $10 million in salary this year, I think that's the watermark of Blake's contract. In terms of Cap Hit it would be an extra $1.75 million next year on top $2, 458, 333 over 4 years, to make up for his lesser salary.

With the window for the Jets closing quickly, I think Chevy needs some breathing room Cap wise to make improvements. I suspect this is Blake Wheeler's last year as a Jet.
Knuckl3s liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll