SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Prospect Discussion Thread

Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.
Quoting: csick
I just have a feeling they’d pass on Kemell for Geekie lol. 6’4 215lbs centre at 17 year old, over a PPG in the WHL. I wouldn’t mind him as a pick , just would rather have Savoie or Kemell. But they’re both smaller guys

Tbh I’m a big fan of Geekie, but he’s not a strong skater and Ottawa has generally gone out of their way to draft good skaters (that + size have been the common factor for like 90% of their picks lol) so I’m not sure if they’d take him. I do think they’d like Savoie for his speed and skill though if they pick in the top 5. Maybe McGroarty if we’re closer to 10. I do think they’d heavily consider Kemell if he’s available though, he’s physical despite not being big (like Greig) and a good skater with a great shot. They’ve also done a lot of drafting out of Finland recently with Thomson and Jarventie. Man I really want Kemell on a line with Stutzle lol
csick liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:27 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
He has 12 goals in 16 games in Liga as a 17 year old. Button says he has them :

1) Wright
2) Kemell
3) Cooley

He’s not super high on Lambert , implying that he’s overrated and just too hyped up cuz he’s been on ppls radar for like 4 years

All depends on where the Sens pick. I think Kemell > Wright for first OA is bold, whereas if the Sens are like 3-7 and Kemell is there you grab him. Ivan at like 4-9 is good. Cooley has been rising for a bit now.

If I’m the Sens Ivan or Kemell is who I want.
csick liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:28 a.m.
KFTW
Quoting: yikes
All depends on where the Sens pick. I think Kemell > Wright for first OA is bold, whereas if the Sens are like 3-7 and Kemell is there you grab him. Ivan at like 4-9 is good. Cooley has been rising for a bit now.

If I’m the Sens Ivan or Kemell is who I want.

Honestly the top 8 has me excited. Anywhere in there should be fine. If the Sens end up drafting a centre and Shane Pinto somehow explodes , I’d move Josh Norris to wing.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:29 a.m.
KFTW
Quoting: Alfie11
Tbh I’m a big fan of Geekie, but he’s not a strong skater and Ottawa has generally gone out of their way to draft good skaters (that + size have been the common factor for like 90% of their picks lol) so I’m not sure if they’d take him. I do think they’d like Savoie for his speed and skill though if they pick in the top 5. Maybe McGroarty if we’re closer to 10. I do think they’d heavily consider Kemell if he’s available though, he’s physical despite not being big (like Greig) and a good skater with a great shot. They’ve also done a lot of drafting out of Finland recently with Thomson and Jarventie. Man I really want Kemell on a line with Stutzle lol

I do too. Maybe I just want Kemell for the same reasons we missed on Lucas Raymond. I really wanted Raymond in 2020
Alfie11 liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:30 a.m.

1) Wright
2) Kemell
3) Cooley

He’s not super high on Lambert , implying that he’s overrated and just too hyped up cuz he’s been on ppls radar for like 4 years

Lambert has skill no question but he's struggling against men, i find him to be a bit selfish with the puck and he needs to work on his defence and physicality
csick liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:31 a.m.
KFTW

I’m also excited about Savoie. Can play Centre or RW . Right shot and has been putting up a good amount of points in the WHL.
Alfie11 liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:32 a.m.
KFTW
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Lambert has skill no question but he's struggling against men, i find him to be a bit selfish with the puck and he needs to work on his defence and physicality

“Selfish with the puck” is not the first time I’ve heard that about him
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:34 a.m.
Honestly the top 8 has me excited. Anywhere in there should be fine. If the Sens end up drafting a centre and Shane Pinto somehow explodes , I’d move Josh Norris to wing.

Honestly I’d go so far as to say the whole top 12 is good. Wright, Savoie, Geekie, Cooley, Lambert, McGroarty for C, Yurov and Kemell for RW, Miroshnichenko (right shot though) and Slafkovsky for LW, and Nemec and Jiricek for RD. Any of them would be a great add, although I do have favourites (Wright, Kemell, Slafkovsky). Not sure how I feel about moving Norris to the wing though, I think it makes more sense to move the right shot Pinto to RW, because presumably Norris would be best at LW and we have enough of those.
A_Habs_fan and csick liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:34 a.m.

Yep, top picks have me excited too, I've only scouted 3 players not counting overagers but it looks very promising, from what I've heard, Nemec, Kemell, Miroschnienko, Yurov, Jiricek, Slafkovsky, Cooley, Geekie and more would be great for the Habs and the players I've scouted Wright, Savoie and Lambert would all help too though Lambert's the one I'd want last between those 3
csick liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:36 a.m.
I do too. Maybe I just want Kemell for the same reasons we missed on Lucas Raymond. I really wanted Raymond in 2020

Me too man, I wanted to believe the Perfetti to Detroit rumours so bad lol, I wanted nothing more than to walk out of that draft with Byfield+Raymond, our rebuild woulda been complete.
csick and yikes liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:37 a.m.
KFTW
Honestly I’d go so far as to say the whole top 12 is good. Wright, Savoie, Geekie, Cooley, Lambert, McGroarty for C, Yurov and Kemell for RW, Miroshnichenko (right shot though) and Slafkovsky for LW, and Nemec and Jiricek for RD. Any of them would be a great add, although I do have favourites (Wright, Kemell, Slafkovsky). Not sure goes I feel about moving Norris to the wing though, I think it makes more sense to move the right shot Pinto to RW, because presumably Norris would be best at LW and we have enough of those.

I just think Pinto is more elite with face offs and centre ice and an even better 2 way play than Norris.

Yurov is pointless in 17 KHL games. Not sure he goes top 10
Alfie11 liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:38 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

1) Wright
2) Kemell
3) Cooley

If the draft was tomorrow my top 10 would be:
Shane Wright
Matthew Savoie
Joakim Kemmel
Danila Yurov
Logan Cooley
Simon Nemec
Seamus Casey
Juraj Slafkovsky
Conor Geekie
Ivan Miroshnichenko

Edit:
Subject to change come draft day
yikes liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:38 a.m.
KFTW
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Shane Wright
Matthew Savoie
Joakim Kemmel
Danila Yurov
Logan Cooley
Simon Nemec
Seamus Casey
Juraj Slafkovsky
Conor Geekie
Ivan Miroshnichenko

Switch Yurov and Miroshnichenko. One has 9pts and the other is pointless lol
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:40 a.m.
Shane Wright
Matthew Savoie
Joakim Kemmel
Danila Yurov
Logan Cooley
Simon Nemec
Seamus Casey
Juraj Slafkovsky
Conor Geekie
Ivan Miroshnichenko

Edit:
Subject to change come draft day

If the draft was today i'd have
1. Wright
2. Savoie
3. Lambert

cuz those are the only guys I've scouted lol, i'm about to do Miroschnienko
MatthewsFan and yikes liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:44 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Switch Yurov and Miroshnichenko. One has 9pts and the other is pointless lol

Again, subject to change lol, but IMO Yurov has all the makings of a reliable top-six NHL forward. Very smart two-way winger who plays a hard game and high competitive level. Young players in the KHL get shafted with mins, so no real concerns yet for the no points. He is a dynamic and shifty winger and great playmaking ability.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:45 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
If the draft was today i'd have
1. Wright
2. Savoie
3. Lambert

cuz those are the only guys I've scouted lol, i'm about to do Miroschnienko

I think Brad Lambert could fall out of the top 10, not too far 11-14 range
csick liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:46 a.m.

Yeah, for Lambert's range, I currently have it as top 10/Early 1st, of course, he has the whole year to change that
csick and MatthewsFan liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:50 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

Yeah, for Lambert's range, I currently have it as top 10/Early 1st, of course, he has the whole year to change that

Exactly who I want to fall to the Sharks 🥵 I’m a fan of his but he has flaws; tho at 9-15 for Lambert is a amazing selection.
csick, MatthewsFan and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:50 a.m.
KFTW

Raty was supposed to go #1 but fell to the 2nd round cuz of his Liga stats. Lambert could fall to 20 if he doesn’t produce well
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:51 a.m.
KFTW
Exactly who I want to fall to the Sharks 🥵 I’m a fan of his but he has flaws - but at 9-15 for Lambert is a amazing selection.

San Jose needs to secure one of the good centres and they’ll be in amazing shape
MatthewsFan liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:55 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
San Jose needs to secure one of the good centres and they’ll be in amazing shape

I’d like to see if Bordeleau CAN be a centre at the NHL level but I’m not getting my hopes up cause he needs a good year in Michigan then needs to see AHL time. But rn it looks like he’ll be a winger with Eklund because those two immediately clicked in camp.

Dahlen - Couture - Meier
Eklund - Hertl - Bordeleau

With Lambert or Cooley as 3-4C is my dream.

The Sharks have a ton young assets so I’m willing to seee Doug Wilson Jr trade up this year (Wilson Jr is basically our GM at this point come draft day he takes over).
csick liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 12:04 p.m.
KFTW
I’d like to see if Bordeleau CAN be a centre at the NHL level but I’m not getting my hopes up cause he needs a good year in Michigan then needs to see AHL time. But rn it looks like he’ll be a winger with Eklund because those two immediately clicked in camp.

Dahlen - Couture - Meier

With Lambert or Cooley as 3-4C is my dream.

The Sharks have a ton young assets so I’m willing to seee Doug Wilson Jr trade up this year (Wilson Jr is basically our GM at this point come draft day he takes over).

Eventually Couture would be the 3C and Geekie/other C in the top 6. I’m also not sure if they’ll re-sign Hertl
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 12:05 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
I just think Pinto is more elite with face offs and centre ice and an even better 2 way play than Norris.

Yurov is pointless in 17 KHL games. Not sure he goes top 10

🤔and he is on the board 😂

Edit:
Yes, this is not his KHL team, just kinda funny
A_Habs_fan and csick liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 12:07 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Eventually Couture would be the 3C and Geekie/other C in the top 6. I’m also not sure if they’ll re-sign Hertl

Yeah couture is just a place holder I’d eventually dream to see;

Dahlen - Cooley - Meier
Couture - Weatherby - Coe
Raska - Somone - Leonard

I think the Sharks are gonna try and keep Hertl because losing Hertl would be a huge set back. I’d try and move out Vlasic and Kane to prepare for extensions for other guys and keep Hertl if he’ll sign for like 7-8m x 6 years
csick liked this.
Nov. 12, 2021 at 12:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

1) Wright
2) Kemell
3) Cooley

Could be Kemell tho he doesn’t give me that vibe. Maybe Ivan?

2 months ago Kemell was projected at 15th is now thanks to his hot start he's in the top 5 conversation

Good for him
csick liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll