Speak of the Devil
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Ottawa was 17th…

How did I miss that🤦‍♂️
yikes and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jan. 27, 2022 at 12:12 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Nice to see him back on the ice
EsoYeezus69, zk97 and Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 27, 2022 at 4:52 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Devil1122
LA should be first
Followed by Detroit/Ottawa

I'm going to say Montreal is top 5. Might not have the high end players, but our prospect depth is insane
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jan. 27, 2022 at 5:11 p.m.
Quoting: Devil1122
LA should be first
Followed by Detroit/Ottawa

Buffalo will be first.
Jan. 27, 2022 at 5:13 p.m.
Quoting: MatthewsFan

Nice to see him back on the ice

what do you think his ceiling is
Jan. 28, 2022 at 12:26 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Db1899

Robertson COULD be a top-six forward if he develops properly. He NEEDS to stay healthy for one. Know I’m not going to say he will live up to his stats, but Robertson’s game reminds me of Theoren Fleury, stylistic comparison only. He has a non-stop motor and is always involved in the middle of the play, sometimes to his own detriment. He can be pretty physical and user his speed to get in on the forecheck. Has a wicked shot.

I’d love to see him on the 3rd line with Kase.
Db1899 liked this.
Jan. 28, 2022 at 12:30 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jan. 28, 2022 at 12:36 a.m.
Robertson COULD be a top-six forward if he develops properly. He NEEDS to stay healthy for one. Know I’m not going to say he will live up to his stats, but Robertson’s game reminds me of Theoren Fleury, stylistic comparison only. He has a non-stop motor and is always involved in the middle of the play, sometimes to his own detriment. He can be pretty physical and user his speed to get in on the forecheck. Has a wicked shot.

I’d love to see him on the 3rd line with Kase.

I always found he looked better with Tavares though and thats who I think he should be with as Tavares has eased him in when he played

Kampf and Kase got their own thing and from looking through our pool I think Holmberg would be the more intriguing piece next to those 2.

In general though I just want him to get a good amount of AHL games in and start to develop better skating habits which is a Leaf Development Staff speciality. As the injuries be slowing progress but thats fine no rush. Just let him develop
MatthewsFan liked this.
Jan. 28, 2022 at 12:41 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Db1899

If everything goes well and there are no delays in his development... the highest I have seen from different scouts was Jake Guentzel and not gonna lie kind of following a similar curve.

And honestly when comparing the 2 I can see it. Both play a style that has them high risk of injury. But because Guentzel has been in the league longer his hockey IQ be much higher. Plus being in the NCAA also helps speed up development a bit over the OHL.

But hey Theoren Fleury also works lul

What a legend. Just dont see Robertson taking so many penalties as its not his style
Db1899 liked this.
Jan. 28, 2022 at 12:46 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: aadoyle
If everything goes well and there are no delays in his development... the highest I have seen from different scouts was Jake Guentzel

And honestly when comparing the 2 I can see it. Both play a style that has them high risk of injury. But because Guentzel has been in the league longer his hockey IQ be much higher.

IMO he could end up like Alex Barré-Boulet, Nic Petan, Vinnie Hinostroza, guys who put up a lot of great AHL numbers get called up and have a few nice games but can’t stick in an NHL.

Or the high end, a Yanni Gourd or Jonathan Marchessault type.
Jan. 28, 2022 at 12:57 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jan. 28, 2022 at 1:09 a.m.
IMO he could end up like Alex Barré-Boulet, Nic Petan, Vinnie Hinostroza, guys who put up a lot of great AHL numbers get called up and have a few nice games but can’t stick in an NHL.

Or the high end, a Yanni Gourd or Jonathan Marchessault type.

Interesting but...Petan doesnt play his style though. And really didnt start AHL producing till year 3 and honestly Winnipeg may have rushed him a bit. Vinnie has done good in certain years (Arizona 39 points) and still is an effective middle 6 player, and wasnt Boulet not drafted and signed at 21 (kind of seeing why he wasn't drafted). Can see the comparisons but the problem is Robertson's 2 AHL seasons just been riddled with injuries so we really have not got to see much of him. But the times we have seen him in the NHL or AHL hes been noticed for all the right reasons.

Still if we look at the spectrum of development: At the lowest I have seen Comtois/ Vinnie/Terry and the highest Guentzel

Patience will be key for him as we dont want to rush his development. But with most of his issues being around skating hes in good hands with the development staff

But from watching him he seems to be on the right track with everything but staying healthy. Sort of like whats been going on with Guentzel from time to time lul

Cant wait to see though Robertson-Abramov-Steeves have fun in the AHL
Jan. 28, 2022 at 7:24 a.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
I'm going to say Montreal is top 5. Might not have the high end players, but our prospect depth is insane

The depth is great and I love Kulak and Farrell, but there are definitely more than 4 teams with better depth and/or better high end prospects (that put them ahead of Montreal). Those being Buffalo, Minnesota, LA, Ottawa, Detroit and Anaheim (maybe Jersey, Toronto and San Jose). The Habs should be in the 7-12 range.
yikes liked this.
Jan. 28, 2022 at 7:52 a.m.
Quoting: TZ11
The depth is great and I love Kulak and Farrell, but there are definitely more than 4 teams with better depth and/or better high end prospects (that put them ahead of Montreal). Those being Buffalo, Minnesota, LA, Ottawa, Detroit and Anaheim (maybe Jersey, Toronto and San Jose). The Habs should be in the 7-12 range.

Did you mean someone else? Because Kulak isn't a prospect
capsfan2121 and zk97 liked this.
Jan. 28, 2022 at 8:08 a.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Did you mean someone else? Because Kulak isn't a prospect

Mysak, my bad.
A_Habs_fan, capsfan2121 and zk97 liked this.
Jan. 28, 2022 at 8:13 a.m.
Quoting: TZ11

Correction: NYR not Toronto

Carolina, Dallas, Edmonton and Colorado should also be in the maybe category. They're at least on a level with Montreal.
Jan. 28, 2022 at 1:02 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

That’s a pretty vicious elbow. Deserved the suspension.
A_Habs_fan and zk97 liked this.
Jan. 28, 2022 at 1:20 p.m.

That’s a pretty vicious elbow. Deserved the suspension.

Oof, that’s not a good look
MatthewsFan liked this.
Jan. 29, 2022 at 1:17 a.m.
I make typos

Lavoie had to 2 goals in this game as well
Jan. 29, 2022 at 11:11 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: yikes
Wheelers Top Prospect Pools

32. Seattle - Basement
New York Isles - Limbo
Tampa - Cup Contender
Pittsburgh - Playoff Contender
— these 4 I firmly agree with. The Isles have Raty, Seattle has Beniers, Tampa has Hugo, Pitt has Poulin. Some names but barebones after that.

Vancouver - Limbo
Boston - Playoff Contender
Washington - Playoff Contender
Chicago - Basement (not a good look to be here)
St Louis - Playoff Contender
Florida - Cup Contender
Vegas - Cup Contender
Colorado - Cup Contender
— I agree with most of these. All have some good names and kids but slim pickings. The standout teams at this point are the Isles, Chicago, and Vancouver. Chicago is just a dumpster, but VAN isn’t good or “bad” (they’re bad tho but you get what I mean lol) and their pool is weak, the Isles are the same. Not great situations but manageable. Every other team are contenders (or previous cup contenders like Pitt) or basement dwellers. Chicago I highlight the most here - this is a poverty franchise.

20. Arizona - Actually Tanking
Edmonton - Playoff Hopefuls (lmao)
New York Rags - Playoff Contender
Ottawa - Basement
16. Calgary - Playoff Contenders
— Arizona, flat out tanking is going heavy on this draft so they will shoot you (if they make good selections), but Ottawa didn’t make good selections last draft and fell hard. Maybe it’s a bit aggressive of Wheeler but I slightly (only slightly) agree with it. Calgary has some great pieces (Coronato 🔥) and they’re a contender who needs to right their ship and get back into a form position. Meanwhile the Rags are riding Igor and their PP to death (but into a firm playoff spot) but they have some good pieces outside to be happy with. Meanwhile Edmonton despite having a strong prospect pool, has said they won’t be willing to trade their top prospects… which is idiotic imo with how expendable their prospects are (and they have plenty of decent guys).

Will be updating this later as he goes along.

WHOS LEFT?
San Jose
LA
Anaheim
Toronto
Detroit
Buffalo
Montreal
Carolina
Columbus
Devils
Philadelphia
Nashville
Minnesota
Dallas
Winnipeg

15. Toronto.. okay I guess.
14. San Jose..? now this is odd imo.

I mean I find those odd..

Buffalo, LA, ANA, MIN, CAR, DET, Devils, CBJ def have the top spots down but.

HOW IS PHILLY STILL ON THE BOARD HELLO? @Alfie11 cant wait for philly to be in the top 10.

Edit: Oh wait

Philly is #13.

Wheeler has to be droolling over Brink and York my god.
zk97, MatthewsFan, TZ11 and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 29, 2022 at 11:17 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Anttoni Honka (CAR 3rd/2019) picked up another assist in today’s win over KalPa, giving him 26 points (5 goals, 21 assists) in 40 games. He ranks first among SM-Liiga defensemen in assists, is tied for third in scoring, and also seventh with 147 shots. Guy doesn’t get talked about enough.
zk97 and TZ11 liked this.
Jan. 29, 2022 at 11:27 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
15. Toronto.. okay I guess.
14. San Jose..? now this is odd imo.

I mean I find those odd..

Buffalo, LA, ANA, MIN, CAR, DET, Devils, CBJ def have the top spots down but.

HOW IS PHILLY STILL ON THE BOARD HELLO? Alfie11 cant wait for philly to be in the top 10.

Edit: Oh wait

Philly is #13.

Wheeler has to be droolling over Brink and York my god.

There is nothing else that gets a fan base more fired up than their prospect pool being slighted.

They are just projecting, guys still need to develop and find the right fit 🤷‍♂️
zk97 and BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Jan. 29, 2022 at 11:33 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
There is nothing else that gets a fan base more fired up than their prospect pool being slighted.

They are just projecting, guys still need to develop and find the right fit 🤷‍♂️

oh I dont think its brutal rankings (like if Philly was in the top 10 then there would be a "problem").

San Jose shouldn't be in the top 10 anyway if that matters at all. Or at most would be 10 (If i was being bold). Nor do I think Toronto is that much worse than Philly (who I think is worse than San Jose). So when comparing, with Philly already being quite high, them being higher than San Jose and Toronto is odd imo.
Part of the fun with prospects is comparing notes as its subjective (and criticizing doesn't mean upset).
MatthewsFan liked this.
Jan. 29, 2022 at 11:34 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
oh I dont think its brutal rankings (like if Philly was in the top 10 then there would be a "problem").

San Jose shouldn't be in the top 10 anyway if that matters at all. Or at most would be 10 (If i was being bold). Nor do I think Toronto is that much worse than Philly (who I think is worse than San Jose).
Part of the fun with prospects is comparing notes as its subjective (and criticizing doesn't mean upset).

Totes wasn’t saying you were.

But I feel pretty confident there are a bunch of fans who get really bothered by these rankings
yikes and zk97 liked this.
Jan. 29, 2022 at 11:35 a.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Totes wasn’t saying you were.

But I feel pretty confident there are a bunch of fans who get really bothered by these rankings

Well I may understand Ottawa fans lmfao. Got thrown out back. But 17th is terrible.
MatthewsFan, zk97 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jan. 29, 2022 at 11:36 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Well I may understand Ottawa fans lmfao. Got thrown out back. But 17th is terrible.

Oh ya, pretty sure Wheeler is public enemy #1

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll