Moves and getting into next season

Created by: NDoody
Team: 2022-23 Ottawa Senators
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 12, 2021
Published: Nov. 12, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
**UPDATED WITH NEW TRADE**
I know they are not at cap floor but sign a Vet winger and they are there.

The basis of this was to look at making basically one big deal to get a solid young Right Shot RW to fill out the top 6. Lately, I have opened to the idea of moving Batheron to the 2nd line he plays great with Stuzle.

Now Signings.
Norris I think given the term will be happy with 6.5, some will say too low because he is center, some will say too high for him, but given the cap of the team here it leaves room for other contracts coming and also White can be moved to make room.
Paul will be an interesting one but he likes Ottawa and I think the term and number is about right, I would see him with a permanent A as well starting next season.
Formenton has been great for the sens in many ways and I think this is a fair bridge deal.
Branstrom & Mete Bridge deal.
Holden just to have some vet presence on D which is very young. I would see DJ wanting to add another vet D so you could add another RD Vet D UFA signing to this team whoever.
Depending on how Gus plays this year the team could try to move on from Murray as well, but they will likely keep him as a backup because his cap hit helps bring the team to the Cap Floor for another year, however if they saign a 3 mill LD D UFA they could move Murray and get Sogard in the NHL which would be ideal.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,000,000
8$6,500,000
3$2,000,000
3$2,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$2,000,000
5$3,500,000
2$1,000,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Sanderson, Jake
3$925,000
Boucher, Tyler
3$925,000
Trades
OTT
    Anywhere at deadline for who ever will take him for late round pick
    OTT
      Deadline move for anyone who will take him for playoff run, most likely will have to add a pick here
      MIN
      1. Zaitsev, Nikita
      2. 2022 3rd round pick (BOS)
      OTT
      1. Terry, Troy
      Additional Details:
      Does this Get Terry from the Ducks or same offer for Kyrou, Boeser, Konecny, or another
      ANA
      1. Brown, Connor
      2. Järventie, Roby
      3. 2022 2nd round pick (TBL)
      Buyouts
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the VAN
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the NYI
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the NSH
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      Logo of the OTT
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      25$81,500,000$63,247,380$0$3,965,000$18,252,620
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Ottawa Senators
      $8,205,714$8,205,714
      LW
      UFA - 6
      $6,500,000$6,500,000
      C
      UFA - 8
      Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
      $1,450,000$1,450,000
      RW
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
      C
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
      C
      RFA - 1
      $4,975,000$4,975,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 5
      $3,000,000$3,000,000
      LW
      RFA
      $3,500,000$3,500,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 7
      $818,333$818,333 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
      LW
      RFA - 1
      $863,333$863,333
      C, LW
      RFA - 3
      $1,200,000$1,200,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 1
      $1,500,000$1,500,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 1
      Boucher, Tyler
      $925,000$925,000
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $8,000,000$8,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 6
      $2,500,000$2,500,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $787,500$787,500
      G
      UFA - 1
      Sanderson, Jake
      $925,000$925,000
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
      RD
      RFA - 2
      $4,687,500$4,687,500
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      LD/RD, LW
      RFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
      RD
      RFA - 1
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $2,000,000$2,000,000
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $762,500$762,500
      LW
      RFA - 2
      $821,667$821,667
      C, RW
      RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:09 a.m.
      KFTW
      I wouldn’t make that Keller trade tbh. His highest point total is 65 in his rookie season. Hasn’t come close to that since . He’s not that good. Would rather draft someone like Kemell and if he’s not ready next year, sign someone like Radulov for 1 year
      sensonfire, gavinray, Pierre_from_Orleans and 1 other person liked this.
      Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:10 a.m.
      sensonfire
      1. Ottawa does not have to spend assets to dump Zaitsev if we are not up against cap.

We are better off buying him out or burying him in the minors.

2. As much as I love Clayton Keller, we should not be trading out 1st round picks.

Given our recent history as a team.
      gretzkyghosts liked this.
      Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:15 a.m.
      Quoting: csick
      I wouldn’t make that Keller trade tbh. His highest point total is 65 in his rookie season. Hasn’t come close to that since . He’s not that good. Would rather draft someone like Kemell and if he’s not ready next year, sign someone like Radulov for 1 year

The idea was to find a young Right RW that is a long-term solution. I picked Keller because he has the hands and speed, and as you said is production lately means Sens wouldn't have to give up as much, I originally wanted to make it Brown and Zaitsev. maybe you don't need everything I put in a trade, but I believe a change of scenery and getting on a line with Norris and Brady would get him back to his rookie season pace and beyond, or you play him with Stuzle, and the same thing.
      Other RW I looked at for the same trade would be Kyrou, Necas, Terry, Boser, but I think they would all cost a lot more.

I wanted to stay away from the short-term older players in the top 6, like Radulov, Giroux, etc. However that is an option as well.
      Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:17 a.m.
      Quoting: sensonfire
      1. Ottawa does not have to spend assets to dump Zaitsev if we are not up against cap.

We are better off buying him out or burying him in the minors.

2. As much as I love Clayton Keller, we should not be trading out 1st round picks.

Given our recent history as a team.

Buying out or Minors still hurts when the Team needs cap to sign all the other RFA's they have. I would agree that they should be able to move him at the deadline without adding picks, but if his current play continues the way it is, idk.

What do you think we could offer then that gets Keller?
      Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:17 a.m.
      KFTW
      Quoting: NDoody
      The idea was to find a young Right RW that is a long-term solution. I picked Keller because he has the hands and speed, and as you said is production lately means Sens wouldn't have to give up as much, I originally wanted to make it Brown and Zaitsev. maybe you don't need everything I put in a trade, but I believe a change of scenery and getting on a line with Norris and Brady would get him back to his rookie season pace and beyond, or you play him with Stuzle, and the same thing.
      Other RW I looked at for the same trade would be Kyrou, Necas, Terry, Boser, but I think they would all cost a lot more.

I wanted to stay away from the short-term older players in the top 6, like Radulov, Giroux, etc. However that is an option as well.

None of these guys will be available unfortunately. Burakovksy (UFA) and Kubalik (by trade) could be available but if I’m not mistaken neither is Right Handed
      NDoody liked this.
      Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:21 a.m.
      Quoting: csick
      None of these guys will be available unfortunately. Burakovksy (UFA) and Kubalik (by trade) could be available but if I’m not mistaken neither is Right Handed

Most likely they are not available, but that is what this site is for right, to try out these ideas.

Like I said I goal is to try and find a way they can add a <25 year old Right Shot forward to play RW in top 6 that improves the team by a fair amount. Unless Sokolov could make that jump for next season, which i am not sure about.
      csick liked this.
      Nov. 12, 2021 at 11:35 a.m.
      sensonfire
      Buying out or Minors still hurts when the Team needs cap to sign all the other RFA's they have. I would agree that they should be able to move him at the deadline without adding picks, but if his current play continues the way it is, idk.

What do you think we could offer then that gets Keller?

1. If we bought out Bobby Ryan, we can buy out Zaitsev.

Also, you're still 8.2 million short of the cap in your post and Zaitsev can be buried at a reduced cap hit.

2. If you take out the 1st, Arizona might still accept a solid return of Connor Brown + Lassi Thomson + the 33rd or 34th overall pick for the upcoming draft.

Keller has a massive contract and Arizona is a financially bankrupt team that needs to cut expenses.

Like they did when they sold off a bunch of their key pieces during summer.

Getting Keller off the books would be a godsend for them.
      Nov. 12, 2021 at 12:56 p.m.
      OTT passes, they are in absolutely no position to trade away ANY RD prospects, and Keller make to much for what he is, rather save the $$$ and get someone better
      Xspyrit liked this.
      Nov. 12, 2021 at 1:41 p.m.
      That Keller deal is really not good for Ottawa

1) Keller already makes significant money and hasn't produced enough to be worth it

2) Connor Brown is cheaper and significantly more valuable at the moment

3) Lassi Thomson, might be better than we thought. Played 22 mins and looked good in his NHL debut

4) 2022 2nd round pick (OTT) should result in another very good prospect

5) no way this should trade a near future 1st round pick
      Nov. 12, 2021 at 2:14 p.m.
      Quoting: athrin
      OTT passes, they are in absolutely no position to trade away ANY RD prospects, and Keller make to much for what he is, rather save the $$$ and get someone better

Quoting: Xspyrit
      That Keller deal is really not good for Ottawa

1) Keller already makes significant money and hasn't produced enough to be worth it

2) Connor Brown is cheaper and significantly more valuable at the moment

3) Lassi Thomson, might be better than we thought. Played 22 mins and looked good in his NHL debut

4) 2022 2nd round pick (OTT) should result in another very good prospect

5) no way this should trade a near future 1st round pick

Fair Enough, I agree with the Points made Especially after yesterday with Lassi Thompson,

My thought here was Keller could bounce back with the current Sens top 6 core, and i was trying to find a top 6 RW Right Shot that is under 25.

So given those filters who could a combo of c Brown and Zaitsev or Branstrom and a 2nd get us ?

I also looked at doing Kyrou, Necas, Terry, Boser instead of Keller.
      Nov. 12, 2021 at 6:41 p.m.
      Fair Enough, I agree with the Points made Especially after yesterday with Lassi Thompson,

My thought here was Keller could bounce back with the current Sens top 6 core, and i was trying to find a top 6 RW Right Shot that is under 25.

So given those filters who could a combo of c Brown and Zaitsev or Branstrom and a 2nd get us ?

its kellers cap hit that is the problem
      Nov. 13, 2021 at 12:25 p.m.

I would like to get Keller but not at the price you initially suggested. He makes 7.15 and hasn't produced to that level, he wouldn't get Connor Brown + 2nd, so forget it if you add a 1st and/or Thomson

However, I would do it for Martin Necas or Boeser

I see that you have modified the proposal. It's not that the value isn't there but I don't see the rationale for the Ducks to trade Terry now that he is breaking out. It would have been like trading Batherson earlier this year when he was breaking out

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll