Team: 2022-23 Buffalo Sabres
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 17, 2021
Published: Nov. 17, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Draft:

BUF pick: Jiricek or Nemec

VGK and FLA picks:
Lambert/Kasper/Nazar/McGroarty/Ostlund/Hughes/Gaucher/Perevalov/Gauthier/Zhilkin/Nelson
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
2$750,000
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$3,000,000
5$5,500,000
1$750,000
2$750,000
1$800,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,500,000
2$2,000,000
1$750,000
1$750,000
1$4,500,000
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$82,500,000$61,943,333$0$2,195,000$20,556,667
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$412,500$412K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$855,833$855,833 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$825,000$825,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
UFA
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
RFA
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 17, 2021 at 5:38 p.m.
I'd switch Skinner and Tuch, but i like where your head is at. Tuch could bring some energy to the energy line, and Skinner has played well with mitts
Nov. 17, 2021 at 6:11 p.m.
Asplund in the top9 over Skinner isn’t gonna happen
And Skinner playing on the “checking line” isn’t gonna happen either- that’s just nuts
Nov. 17, 2021 at 8:39 p.m.
Quoting: Buffalove
Asplund in the top9 over Skinner isn’t gonna happen
And Skinner playing on the “checking line” isn’t gonna happen either- that’s just nuts

It will depend on Jeff, from firstline to press box.
Nov. 17, 2021 at 8:57 p.m.
Quoting: SalamiCheese
It will depend on Jeff, from firstline to press box.

Putting Skinner in the press box is MUCH more likely than him ever playing on the “checking” line
There’s just no way that would happen
Nov. 18, 2021 at 6:52 a.m.
Putting Skinner in the press box is MUCH more likely than him ever playing on the “checking” line
There’s just no way that would happen

Granato has already put him on this line, and Skinner also worked well with defensive centers in the same Canes before. It's hard to find a place for everyone, all the more you don't want Skinner to get a lot of time if he plays poorly. Adams said that the priority will be young players and their development.
Nov. 18, 2021 at 10:26 a.m.
Edited Nov. 18, 2021 at 10:33 a.m.
The best line up prediction I have seen.
I fully expect the Sabres to sign Pysyk, he has performed as well as any one could expect.
I wanted the team to sign him last year when we actually thought we were a playoff team, I am happy he is a Sabre again.
Tuch will make everyone forget about Sam.
I love how you are keeping that AHL line together, brilliant move!
If Holtby and Tokarski hold up this IS a playoff team.
My two suggestions, keep the Right hand players on RW and Left handed players on LW, swap Quinn and Peterka.
Second, I would want Hagg over Riikola as my 7th defenseman.
Other than that, this is a perfect line up!

EDIT: You saved me the time of making my own post, this is nearly identical what I would have done.
GMTD liked this.
Nov. 18, 2021 at 10:46 a.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
The best line up prediction I have seen.
I fully expect the Sabres to sign Pysyk, he has performed as well as any one could expect.
I wanted the team to sign him last year when we actually thought we were a playoff team, I am happy he is a Sabre again.
Tuch will make everyone forget about Sam.
I love how you are keeping that AHL line together, brilliant move!
If Holtby and Tokarski hold up this IS a playoff team.
My two suggestions, keep the Right hand players on RW and Left handed players on LW, swap Quinn and Peterka.
Second, I would want Hagg over Riikola as my 7th defenseman.
Other than that, this is a perfect line up!

EDIT: You saved me the time of making my own post, this is nearly identical what I would have done.

I don't know how it will be in the NHL, but in Rochester Quinn plays LW, and Peterka plays RW and they play on the same line. Maybe it's just easier for Quinn to shoot when he's playing LW, I don't know.

I was thinking about Hagg, but I'm not sure if he will agree to the role of #7 D, given that Adams and Granato will prioritize the play of young defenders, then perhaps Hagg will look for another team where he can play the third pair defender. But most of the time, I didn’t attach much importance to Riikola’s signing, it could be anyone.
GMTD liked this.
Nov. 18, 2021 at 10:54 a.m.
I don't know how it will be in the NHL, but in Rochester Quinn plays LW, and Peterka plays RW and they play on the same line. Maybe it's just easier for Quinn to shoot when he's playing LW, I don't know.

I was thinking about Hagg, but I'm not sure if he will agree to the role of #7 D, given that Adams and Granato will prioritize the play of young defenders, then perhaps Hagg will look for another team where he can play the third pair defender. But most of the time, I didn’t attach much importance to Riikola’s signing, it could be anyone.
I will make my way to Rochester to watch them play, it is only a 70 minute drive from my house.
Remember when Dahlin was drafted nearly every one thought he would play RD as he did in Europe?
NHL coaches prefer to have Right handed shooters on the right side.
My son did some research and nearly all cup final four teams had 4 right handed RW and # right handed RHD.
GMTD liked this.
Nov. 18, 2021 at 11:01 a.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
I will make my way to Rochester to watch them play, it is only a 70 minute drive from my house.
Remember when Dahlin was drafted nearly every one thought he would play RD as he did in Europe?
NHL coaches prefer to have Right handed shooters on the right side.
My son did some research and nearly all cup final four teams had 4 right handed RW and # right handed RHD.

With the defenders, it seems to me a slightly different situation. But not all right-handed forwards play on the right, there are probably many exceptions. Then I just don't understand why they play Quinn on the left in Rochester, although he looks great, they probably know what they are doing. I have no idea if he will play RW or LW in the NHL, but I do not think that this is a big problem, I think they will figure it out. smile
Nov. 18, 2021 at 10:00 p.m.
Granato has already put him on this line, and Skinner also worked well with defensive centers in the same Canes before. It's hard to find a place for everyone, all the more you don't want Skinner to get a lot of time if he plays poorly. Adams said that the priority will be young players and their development.

Skinner never played in a defensive role with the Canes
He was shipped out bc his defense was lacking

And being temporarily demoted down the lineup doesn’t mean that putting a player who’s not good at defense, into a checking role where he’s going up against other teams’ top players on a shift by shift basis- well that’s just about the worst idea I’ve heard of
It’s not gonna happen
Nov. 18, 2021 at 10:12 p.m.
Skinner never played in a defensive role with the Canes
He was shipped out bc his defense was lacking

And being temporarily demoted down the lineup doesn’t mean that putting a player who’s not good at defense, into a checking role where he’s going up against other teams’ top players on a shift by shift basis- well that’s just about the worst idea I’ve heard of
It’s not gonna happen

Not in defense, but with a defensive center, with players who can compensate for his passivity in defense. He played in Carolina with Victor Rask, you can check it out.

I have no idea what the lines will look like next season, nor do you, so it doesn't matter.
Nov. 18, 2021 at 10:53 p.m.
Not in defense, but with a defensive center, with players who can compensate for his passivity in defense. He played in Carolina with Victor Rask, you can check it out.

I have no idea what the lines will look like next season, nor do you, so it doesn't matter.

There’s a BIG difference between playing Skinner with a defensive center, and putting him on the checking line
It’s not gonna happen dude
Skinner doesn’t have the skill set to pull that off
There’s other Sabres who make MUCH more sense in a defensive role
Example:
I saw u moved Asplund down to that line now
That makes A LOT more sense bc his skill set does allow him to play a 2way game
SalamiCheese liked this.
Nov. 19, 2021 at 6:27 a.m.
There’s a BIG difference between playing Skinner with a defensive center, and putting him on the checking line
It’s not gonna happen dude
Skinner doesn’t have the skill set to pull that off
There’s other Sabres who make MUCH more sense in a defensive role
Example:
I saw u moved Asplund down to that line now
That makes A LOT more sense bc his skill set does allow him to play a 2way game

Yes, I understand that there is little point in playing Skinner on the line with checkers, I just don't know where to find a place for him yet.
Nov. 19, 2021 at 6:46 a.m.
Yes, I understand that there is little point in playing Skinner on the line with checkers, I just don't know where to find a place for him yet.

I mean, we’re all just PLAYING GM here- so no biggie
It’s just tough to imagine any coach putting Skinner in that position in real life

Also…. we’re still gonna be pretty far from a finished product next year. I think the moves you made are reasonable- and if i were GM I’d be doing something similar. I think this is roughly what Adams will look to do as well. Possible add another goalie, or at least attempt to bring in a RH vet defenseman or 2.
Tough to say if we could get any decent free agents to come here, but i think he’d at least try.
There could be too many kids on this roster- which i do get, bc i think we have a lot of guys that are basically ready. But as talented as many of these kids are, a bit more Vet support could be a help to their development.

The start this year has been nice, but i still expect us to finish in the bottom10, maybe bottom5- and the same next year as well
But i do think Adams has stopped the ship from sinking
Not sure that this all adds up to a legit contender yet, but we seem to be moving in the right direction at least.

Go Sabres!
Nov. 19, 2021 at 7:56 a.m.
I mean, we’re all just PLAYING GM here- so no biggie
It’s just tough to imagine any coach putting Skinner in that position in real life

Also…. we’re still gonna be pretty far from a finished product next year. I think the moves you made are reasonable- and if i were GM I’d be doing something similar. I think this is roughly what Adams will look to do as well. Possible add another goalie, or at least attempt to bring in a RH vet defenseman or 2.
Tough to say if we could get any decent free agents to come here, but i think he’d at least try.
There could be too many kids on this roster- which i do get, bc i think we have a lot of guys that are basically ready. But as talented as many of these kids are, a bit more Vet support could be a help to their development.

The start this year has been nice, but i still expect us to finish in the bottom10, maybe bottom5- and the same next year as well
But i do think Adams has stopped the ship from sinking
Not sure that this all adds up to a legit contender yet, but we seem to be moving in the right direction at least.

Go Sabres!

Well, I remember how Krueger put Skinner in the fourth line. squinty smile
My problem with Jeff is his desire to play, he still has all his instruments, but when I watch games, he can play one game well and I can see how he tries, and then the next two games he can just relax on the ice and nothing not to do. It is clear that with such a contract this was probably to be expected, but this does not in any way benefit the team, I would like to see more games where Skinner really tries and fewer games where he just rests on the ice.

In any case, next season, I think this team will be even more interesting to watch. Now we just do not have enough talent (including due to injuries), of course, they are unlikely to seriously fight for the playoffs, but maybe for a start they will be able, for example, not to get into the top 10 worst teams in the league, there will already be good and some progress.

I don’t know how Adams will act, I’m not sure if he will try to sign big fish in the UFA, especially since it’s difficult to lure big fish into Buffalo now. Just keep going on the same course as now and not take stupid steps.

Yes, probably this year we are still finishing in the top 5 or top 10, although I think next season they may surprise, and maybe even get out of the top 10.

I am also a little sad for Dahlin, our fan base looks petty and bloodthirsty (not all).They are ready to tradea 21-year-old boy, it is not clear for what reason. Even many of the Norris owners of recent years at 21 did not look better than Rasmus, and some of whom could not score 30 points. Sometimes he makes mistakes when making decisions, but even with such a partner as Pysyk, he looked very solid in defense, I am sure the metrics confirm this when they together on the ice the team did not concede a single goal. Even yesterday when they lost 5-0, he looked like our best player, but we have almost no talent in attack to help him somehow, he gives good passes and he is almost always accurate , he is good at breakouts, while he and Pysyk get many starts in the D-zone. It is not his fault that Hayden, Bjork or others cannot score a goal after Dalin created the ideal conditions for them to do so. It's obvious to me that Dalin improved under Granato, and this was noticeable even last season, but playing together with Butcher unsettled him a little, but as we can see, he looks great paired with Pysyk, and before that he played well in a pair with Jokiharju, then the problem was in the partner. I hope Adams will not do stupid things and will not even think about trading Dahlin, especially since I am sure we will not get a huge return. When Olofsson, Mitts, Tuch and Jokiharju return to the squad, I'm sure Dahlin will gain a lot more points.
Nov. 19, 2021 at 2:47 p.m.
Well, I remember how Krueger put Skinner in the fourth line. squinty smile
My problem with Jeff is his desire to play, he still has all his instruments, but when I watch games, he can play one game well and I can see how he tries, and then the next two games he can just relax on the ice and nothing not to do. It is clear that with such a contract this was probably to be expected, but this does not in any way benefit the team, I would like to see more games where Skinner really tries and fewer games where he just rests on the ice.

In any case, next season, I think this team will be even more interesting to watch. Now we just do not have enough talent (including due to injuries), of course, they are unlikely to seriously fight for the playoffs, but maybe for a start they will be able, for example, not to get into the top 10 worst teams in the league, there will already be good and some progress.

I don’t know how Adams will act, I’m not sure if he will try to sign big fish in the UFA, especially since it’s difficult to lure big fish into Buffalo now. Just keep going on the same course as now and not take stupid steps.

Yes, probably this year we are still finishing in the top 5 or top 10, although I think next season they may surprise, and maybe even get out of the top 10.

I am also a little sad for Dahlin, our fan base looks petty and bloodthirsty (not all).They are ready to tradea 21-year-old boy, it is not clear for what reason. Even many of the Norris owners of recent years at 21 did not look better than Rasmus, and some of whom could not score 30 points. Sometimes he makes mistakes when making decisions, but even with such a partner as Pysyk, he looked very solid in defense, I am sure the metrics confirm this when they together on the ice the team did not concede a single goal. Even yesterday when they lost 5-0, he looked like our best player, but we have almost no talent in attack to help him somehow, he gives good passes and he is almost always accurate , he is good at breakouts, while he and Pysyk get many starts in the D-zone. It is not his fault that Hayden, Bjork or others cannot score a goal after Dalin created the ideal conditions for them to do so. It's obvious to me that Dalin improved under Granato, and this was noticeable even last season, but playing together with Butcher unsettled him a little, but as we can see, he looks great paired with Pysyk, and before that he played well in a pair with Jokiharju, then the problem was in the partner. I hope Adams will not do stupid things and will not even think about trading Dahlin, especially since I am sure we will not get a huge return. When Olofsson, Mitts, Tuch and Jokiharju return to the squad, I'm sure Dahlin will gain a lot more points.

Yes, Kruger moved Skinner down the lineup
But he was never put on the “checking line” that was given the tough defensive assignments

Putting a guy with a lack of desire or effort on the line that plays against other top lines is not a good idea at all
If u hate Skinner that much, just buy him out
Don’t put him in a position where it’s gonna hurt us

I think we’ll struggle next year as well just bc we’re likely to be bringing in so many kids
I think they’ll need a season or 2 to grow before we can really start winning
We’ll see what happens though

Agree on Dahlin- definitely too early to give up on him
SalamiCheese liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll