Forums/Armchair-GM

Fire Jim Benning

Created by: python3504
Team: 2021-22 Vancouver Canucks
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 19, 2021
Published: Nov. 19, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
To start with, they should have not traded for OEL, but its done and have to live with it.
Trades
VAN
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (PHI)
Additional Details:
Buff will get a Dman who is decent and will help them get to the floor next season. they had to make a trade for dead cap already this season from the islanders, also they will be trading more players at the deadline im sure so they will be close to the floor again.
BUF
  1. Myers, Tyler
  2. Rathbone, Jack
  3. 2022 1st round pick (VAN)
Additional Details:
Myers only owed 11 mill over the next 2 years so less than the cap hit, they need to move him for cap reasons.
VAN
  1. Girard, Samuel
  2. Kaut, Martin
  3. 2023 2nd round pick (COL)
COL
  1. Boeser, Brock
Additional Details:
They cant resign him and probably wont challenge for a playoff spot. get some assets when you can.
Buyouts
Recapture Fees
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the COL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the VAN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$70,735,659$648,780$2,550,000$10,764,341
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 3
$4,125,000$4,125,000
C
UFA - 2
$891,667$891,667 (Performance Bonus$200,000$200K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$7,350,000$7,350,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$4,950,000$4,950,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$2,650,000$2,650,000
C, LW
UFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,225,000$1,225,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LD
UFA - 6
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 6
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 5
$7,260,000$7,260,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000 (Performance Bonus$1,500,000$2M)
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$800,000$800,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 19, 2021 at 8:23 a.m.
Ca we trade u Gallagher before u fire Benning lol
Nov. 19, 2021 at 8:50 a.m.
Buffalo should accept that. Colorado should not. One for one is closer in value, but the Avs don't even do that. They need Girard more than Boeser.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Nov. 19, 2021 at 8:54 a.m.
Edited Nov. 19, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.
Wait, you suggest to fire Jim Benning but you manage to do even worse in your first proposal?

Giving up 2022 1st round pick (VAN) just to get rid of Myers salary would be the dumbest thing a GM could do. It's a 5th OA pick in a GREAT draft at the moment

Please choose Ottawa. I'll give you another 2nd, you can keep Rathbone and you can even send another cap dump if you want!

Quoting: Anus_McLeod
Buffalo should accept that. Colorado should not. One for one is closer in value, but the Avs don't even do that. They need Girard more than Boeser.

Accept? I mean, I doubt Buffalo's GM would physically be able to. Would probably be too excited that he faints and get to the hospital so Vancouver finally makes a deal with another team. Probably Toronto as they have a young GM who would be able to avoid the hospital
Anus_McLeod and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Nov. 19, 2021 at 8:59 a.m.
Hard pass. Send myers elsewhere
Nov. 19, 2021 at 9:23 a.m.
Quoting: sabres89

Wait, what? You don't want this?

2022 1st round pick (VAN)
Nov. 19, 2021 at 9:34 a.m.
Subbanator
Quoting: Xspyrit

Ya that picks gonna be good
Nov. 19, 2021 at 9:37 a.m.
Edited Nov. 19, 2021 at 9:46 a.m.

Ya know youre probably right. I do hate myers, but rebuilding teams dont turn down firsts. Nobody ever needs help reaching the floor. Boychuk is only due 1.5m in real money, but he has a 6m cap hit, which is perfect. Myers contract might be appealing for the same reason.
Anus_McLeod and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Nov. 19, 2021 at 9:51 a.m.
Ya know youre probably right. I do hate myers, but rebuilding teams dont turn down firsts. Nobody ever needs help reaching the floor. Boychuk is only due 1.5m in real money, but he has a 6m cap hit, which is perfect. Myers contract might be appealing for the same reason.

Even if you hate Myers, it's only 2 years and you'd be getting one of these :

1. Shane Wright, C, Kingston (OHL): The undisputed gem of the draft, Wright is a powerful pivot with character who can dominate at both ends of the ice.
2. Logan Cooley, C, NTDP (USHL): High-end Notre Dame commit combines speed and smarts to create turnovers and burn opponents with his offensive prowess.
3. Juraj Slafkovsky, LW, TPS (Fin.): This kid has 'future beast' written all over him and playing against men has kept him sharp. Talented Slovakian plays with snarl.
4. Ivan Miroshnichenko, LW, Omsk (Rus.): International sensation has speed and high-end offensive skill, plus a projectable frame. Playing against men back home in Russia's farm league.
5. David Jiricek, D, Plzen (Cze.): Put on an absolute show early on in the Czech League season, proving he could bring offense, mobility and poise from the back end.
6. Joakim Kemell, RW, TPS (Fin.): Red-hot start to season saw him lead the Liiga in scoring. Kid has a wicked release and will be a weapon at world juniors.
7. Conor Geekie, C, Winnipeg (WHL): His combination of size and skill are hard to find in a pivot and I believe NHL scouts are going to fight over him. Geekie is playing for a wagon of a team in Winnipeg.
8. Simon Nemec, D, Nitra (Svk.): Steady, all-around blueliner putting up numbers in Slovakian League after dominating at summer's under-18 Hlinka-Gretzky tournament.
9. Matt Savoie, C, Winnipeg (WHL): Putting up excellent numbers on that stacked Ice team. True competitor with loads of skill was great with USHL Dubuque last season.
10. Brad Lambert, RW, TPS (Fin.): Slow start in the Liiga, but Lambert was excellent at last year's world juniors and his skill, skating and compete level will triumph eventually.

I don't know if you watched the last WJC but Brad freaking Lambert is 10th on that list...

As you can see in my post N.3, I'd be ready to give another 2nd, leaving Rathbone to them and even take another cap dump... and even then, it would still be a total STEAL
sabres89 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Nov. 19, 2021 at 10:10 a.m.
Even if you hate Myers, it's only 2 years and you'd be getting one of these :

1. Shane Wright, C, Kingston (OHL): The undisputed gem of the draft, Wright is a powerful pivot with character who can dominate at both ends of the ice.
2. Logan Cooley, C, NTDP (USHL): High-end Notre Dame commit combines speed and smarts to create turnovers and burn opponents with his offensive prowess.
3. Juraj Slafkovsky, LW, TPS (Fin.): This kid has 'future beast' written all over him and playing against men has kept him sharp. Talented Slovakian plays with snarl.
4. Ivan Miroshnichenko, LW, Omsk (Rus.): International sensation has speed and high-end offensive skill, plus a projectable frame. Playing against men back home in Russia's farm league.
5. David Jiricek, D, Plzen (Cze.): Put on an absolute show early on in the Czech League season, proving he could bring offense, mobility and poise from the back end.
6. Joakim Kemell, RW, TPS (Fin.): Red-hot start to season saw him lead the Liiga in scoring. Kid has a wicked release and will be a weapon at world juniors.
7. Conor Geekie, C, Winnipeg (WHL): His combination of size and skill are hard to find in a pivot and I believe NHL scouts are going to fight over him. Geekie is playing for a wagon of a team in Winnipeg.
8. Simon Nemec, D, Nitra (Svk.): Steady, all-around blueliner putting up numbers in Slovakian League after dominating at summer's under-18 Hlinka-Gretzky tournament.
9. Matt Savoie, C, Winnipeg (WHL): Putting up excellent numbers on that stacked Ice team. True competitor with loads of skill was great with USHL Dubuque last season.
10. Brad Lambert, RW, TPS (Fin.): Slow start in the Liiga, but Lambert was excellent at last year's world juniors and his skill, skating and compete level will triumph eventually.

I don't know if you watched the last WJC but Brad freaking Lambert is 10th on that list...

As you can see in my post N.3, I'd be ready to give another 2nd, leaving Rathbone to them and even take another cap dump... and even then, it would still be a total STEAL

Don't think this would ever happen, even for a sub-par GM in the NHL.
Teams like Vancouver do not trade off a potentially high 1st round pick to dump a player like Myers. That is a recipe for disaster.
They fall on the sword, take their lumps this year, and draft a potentially franchise-changing player like those listed.
2022 will be a deep draft again, and any of the top 6-7 players could be NHL ready.
Heck, look at Columbus drafting Sillinger at 12th (11th really since Arizona lost their pick), he is the real deal, I can't believe the 5 or 6 teams from #5-10 passed on him).
Lose, get a high pick, pick well, and then buy out Myers in the off-season (VAN has very little payroll now in the buyout bucket, so they can afford to do so...AND the cap may increase in 2022).
Nov. 19, 2021 at 11:01 a.m.
COL isn’t doing that. If anybody is sending extra it’s VAN.
TJTwolf liked this.
Nov. 19, 2021 at 12:29 p.m.
Quoting: Bluejackets2000
Don't think this would ever happen, even for a sub-par GM in the NHL.
Teams like Vancouver do not trade off a potentially high 1st round pick to dump a player like Myers. That is a recipe for disaster.
They fall on the sword, take their lumps this year, and draft a potentially franchise-changing player like those listed.
2022 will be a deep draft again, and any of the top 6-7 players could be NHL ready.
Heck, look at Columbus drafting Sillinger at 12th (11th really since Arizona lost their pick), he is the real deal, I can't believe the 5 or 6 teams from #5-10 passed on him).
Lose, get a high pick, pick well, and then buy out Myers in the off-season (VAN has very little payroll now in the buyout bucket, so they can afford to do so...AND the cap may increase in 2022).

Sometimes it happens but when it does, it was initially not an EXPECTED high first. Some examples :

- Matt Duchene to Ottawa just after they took Pittsburgh to game 7 double OT in the 2017 ECF : Colorado ended up with the 4th OA pick in 2019

- Erik Karlsson to San Jose, people thought they'd keep being contenders for years : Ottawa ended up with the 3rd OA pick in 2020

- Phil Kessel to Toronto : Boston ended up with 2010 2nd OA pick in 2010 (+ 32nd OA) and 9th OA pick in 2011
Nov. 20, 2021 at 12:00 a.m.
Too much for Boeser. Canucks should be adding not the Avs adding to Girard.
Nov. 20, 2021 at 9:25 a.m.
Quoting: Anus_McLeod
Buffalo should accept that...
Wait, what? You don't want this? 2022 1st round pick (VAN)
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Ya that picks gonna be good
Quoting: Bluejackets2000
Don't think this would ever happen...
If Kevyn Adams was offered this and said no, he should be fired on the spot.
Next year who are the Sabres RHD? Jokiharju and ???
To get a good RHD and first while only giving up a mid 2nd would be remarkable.

To be realistic, I think if Myers is traded Vancouver may need to retain salary, but he will return an asset.
I am not going to determine what that would be, but before the 2021 draft nearly every ACGM thought Buffalo would need to pay a team to take Ristolainen.
Look at his return a first, second and Hagg! LOL if Buffalo made this trade that would be two first round picks, Hagg and Myers, not much less than what the Sabres got for Jack Eichel.

I think Benning would rather keep Myers than giving up a first to take him off of the roster.
GMTD liked this.
Nov. 20, 2021 at 9:53 a.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
If Kevyn Adams was offered this and said no, he should be fired on the spot.
Next year who are the Sabres RHD? Jokiharju and ???
To get a good RHD and first while only giving up a mid 2nd would be remarkable.

To be realistic, I think if Myers is traded Vancouver may need to retain salary, but he will return an asset.
I am not going to determine what that would be, but before the 2021 draft nearly every ACGM thought Buffalo would need to pay a team to take Ristolainen.
Look at his return a first, second and Hagg! LOL if Buffalo made this trade that would be two first round picks, Hagg and Myers, not much less than what the Sabres got for Jack Eichel.

I think Benning would rather keep Myers than giving up a first to take him off of the roster.

Myers isnt good though. They are literally giving us what looks like a top 10 first to take him here. If he was good, you would just trade him, because hes a right shot d, and 6m isnt that bad for a good right shot d. Behind jokiharju there are definitely questions, i assume one of the left d moves over, and flipping a left shot for a right shot would make sense (unfortunately, all things being equal, right shot seem to be worth a boat load more than left), maybe resign a pysyk on the cheap. If we are being compensated with a high first, id take myers as stop gap though, but at some point we are gonna need good players here, and he isnt.
Nov. 20, 2021 at 11:01 a.m.
Myers isnt good though. They are literally giving us what looks like a top 10 first to take him here. If he was good, you would just trade him, because hes a right shot d, and 6m isnt that bad for a good right shot d. Behind jokiharju there are definitely questions, i assume one of the left d moves over, and flipping a left shot for a right shot would make sense (unfortunately, all things being equal, right shot seem to be worth a boat load more than left), maybe resign a pysyk on the cheap. If we are being compensated with a high first, id take myers as stop gap though, but at some point we are gonna need good players here, and he isnt.
thank you for your comment.
Obviously you have been convinced that Myers is not good.
For the past six years, he has been one of the top PK defensemen for either Vancouver or Winnipeg.
I guess I did not know coaches put their worse defensemen on the PK.
GMTD liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll