SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021/2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread - Pick 6

Dec. 1, 2021 at 5:32 p.m.
Farewell
Notes and updates:
-Nathan MacKinnon will be back in the lineup for the Avs tonight in Toronto against the Leafs (FINALLY, I drafted him over Draisaitl in my fantasy league, 2nd overall)

-Speaking of Draisaitl, he was the league's first star for November, Jack Campbell was 2nd and Kadri 3rd

-Kevin Hayes will be back in the lineup (again) for the Flyers tonight against the Rangers

-The league FINALLY gets a suspension right by suspending Brendan Lemieux 5 games for biting Brady Tkachuk (and IMO, it should've been more)

-Brandt Clarke somehow doesn't get invited to Canada's WJC camp

-And the Islanders are back at practice after the COVID breakout, all players are out of protocol except for Kiefer Bellows, set to resume play tomorrow against the Sharks
Devil, BuFfaLOFaN, A_Habs_fan and 2 others liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:19 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
I'm pretty sure they reached a settlement, which is another way of saying, I did the stuff but I'm just going to give you money to let this go so it doesn't have to go to court

He admitted fault, apologized and she dropped the charges. No reason for it to go to court.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain

This tweet is so weird
Kotkaniemi15, A_Habs_fan, MitchMarner_16 and 4 others liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:34 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: SevenLeg

This tweet is so weird

Sounds like a weird movie or book title in the Steven Stamkos series. 😂
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:35 p.m.
torontos finest

This tweet is so weird

an angel appeared above stamkos in the fields of judea to tell him the good news
Kotkaniemi15, MitchMarner_16, zk97 and 2 others liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:35 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

Perez typo (he corrected on Twitter); Psychological evaluation.

Looks like Kane’s stock will raise tbh across the league as he hasn’t lied about a lot/ he’s been proven innocent. I mean I still want him gone. But he clearly won’t see much public coverage about how he isn’t as bad as things used to seem and that he isn’t lying when saying his wife isn’t in the right state of mind/ she’s actually lying about a lot.

Doesn’t absolve him for other things but this is a step toward Kane’s future that he clearly will be happy about.
BuFfaLOFaN and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:37 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: aadoyle
And both could end up being Jays wink

Jeez I forgot Semien had left so he definitely could be. With how scary that roster already is, adding Taylor would mean good luck to the rest of the AL East.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:38 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Notes and updates:
-Nathan MacKinnon will be back in the lineup for the Avs tonight in Toronto against the Leafs (FINALLY, I drafted him over Draisaitl in my fantasy league, 2nd overall)

-Speaking of Draisaitl, he was the league's first star for November, Jack Campbell was 2nd and Kadri 3rd

-Kevin Hayes will be back in the lineup (again) for the Flyers tonight against the Rangers

-The league FINALLY gets a suspension right by suspending Brendan Lemieux 5 games for biting Brady Tkachuk (and IMO, it should've been more)

-Brandt Clarke somehow doesn't get invited to Canada's WJC camp

-And the Islanders are back at practice after the COVID breakout, all players are out of protocol except for Kiefer Bellows, set to resume play tomorrow against the Sharks

Was kinda hoping the league threw the book at him and gave him 10+ to make an example of him but with the way DOPS is so inconsistent, I'll gladly celebrate a correct 5 game suspension.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:40 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: yikes

Looks like Kane’s stock will raise tbh across the league as he hasn’t lied about a lot/ he’s been proven innocent. I mean I still want him gone. But he clearly won’t see much public coverage about how he isn’t as bad as things used to seem and that he isn’t lying when saying his wife isn’t in the right state of mind.

Doesn’t absolve him for other things but this is a step toward Kane’s future that he clearly will be happy about.

I hope they figure that situation out quick for the sake of his child. As for if it goes away it's a big step up in stock for sure but I still wouldn't want him. Hearing the reports that people in San Jose didn't like him as much as some of his former teammates in Winnipeg and Buffalo would make me not want to touch him.
yikes, BuFfaLOFaN, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:41 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith

Looks like Kane’s stock will raise tbh across the league as he hasn’t lied about a lot/ he’s been proven innocent. I mean I still want him gone. But he clearly won’t see much public coverage about how he isn’t as bad as things used to seem and that he isn’t lying when saying his wife isn’t in the right state of mind/ she’s actually lying about a lot.

Evander Kane also won’t be travelling to Canada for the AHL games but has a plan in place; he remains sole custody of his daughter and has more scheduled court dates upcoming (JAN).
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:43 p.m.
@mondo @aadoyle @MitchMarner_16

What would Toli Niemela cost? Say the leafs are 2nd in the Atlantic at the TDL, the sabres are bottom 5 team. What would you trade Niemela for to make your chances of winning better?

Ollofson? Miller? Depth Forwards? Eakin/Asplund maybe?

Say Ollofson + what for Niemela + what?
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:44 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
mondo aadoyle MitchMarner_16

What would Toli Niemela cost? Say the leafs are 2nd in the Atlantic at the TDL, the sabres are bottom 5 team. What would you trade Niemela for to make your chances of winning better?

Don’t think Toronto will move Topi; he’s got a lot of value and if he performs at the WJ (I assume he’s on their team) his stock will rise.

You’d probably have to offer cost controlled D and a top 6 winger + to make it worth it for them. Because he’s a solid D prospect. Which offering a cost controlled 3rd-4th D, top 6 winger ++ for a prospect is kinda ludicrous.
A_Habs_fan, BuFfaLOFaN, LeafsFanForSomeReason and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:47 p.m.

But then the question might be why is Kane's wife possibly unstable and if the reason is Evander, that's not much better
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:48 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
But then the question might be why is Kane's wife possibly unstable and if the reason is Evander, that's not much better

Oh no for sure; that’s why I said he isn’t absolved but it does show Kane has been quite honest about mostly everything (again not everything; like the vaccine debacle).

When a lots been a mess around him it does show that has looked out for their daughter (as to why he’s got custody I assume).

Tho he forced/ offered to bribe than never paid for an abortion with another women (current separate court matter) and his wife aborted their 2nd child without his knowledge which has come out in this court case; so it’s still a real mess and very touchy subjects.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:51 p.m.
Don’t think Toronto will move Topi; he’s got a lot of value and if he performs at the WJ (I assume he’s on their team) his stock will rise.

You’d probably have to offer cost controlled D and a top 6 winger + to make it worth it for them. Because he’s a solid D prospect. Which offering a cost controlled 3rd-4th D, top 6 winger ++ for a prospect is kinda ludicrous.

Yea, I was just wondering if they wanted to take a run at the cup would they take a dman and a very good top 6, maybe top line winger Ollofson.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:53 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Yea, I was just wondering if they wanted to take a run at the cup would they take a dman and a very good top 6, maybe top line winger Ollofson.

Both Miller and Oloffson with full retention on each and still one or two more adds; give or take tbh would get the convo started for me. But again, that’s just to talk and that’s a pretty large ask/ getting stupid.

Even then I think we’d need another team to add retention to Miller to make things fit cleaner.
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 6:58 p.m.
cautious optimism

This tweet is so weird

This wording made me think it’s not even his child.

“Sorry I cannot make the game, the guy I met at the bar’s wife is having a baby”
Kotkaniemi15, A_Habs_fan, MitchMarner_16 and 4 others liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 7:02 p.m.
Quoting: Bobcat205
This wording made me think it’s not even his child.

“Sorry I cannot make the game, the guy I met at the bar’s wife is having a baby”

Lmao, but yeah, the wording in that tweet is a mess, it's like if English isn't their 1st language
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 7:03 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

David Ayers 2.0
A_Habs_fan, MitchMarner_16, GarthBrooks and 2 others liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 7:10 p.m.
mondo aadoyle MitchMarner_16

to be quite honest i dont know. I havent watched him too closely to give an acurate value, but what i've heard is he's got some serious upside and is dominating in the liiga. Don't really know what the sabres would have to offer us, maybe ollofson+ but i honestly don't know. but I would much rather keep him and trade away someone else
Dec. 1, 2021 at 7:11 p.m.

This tweet is so weird

last i checked children are born every day.

Stamkos will be missing games for the rest of his life for these events
zk97, EsoYeezus69 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 7:12 p.m.
Quoting: Devil1122

David Ayers 2.0

oooooooooohhhhhhh boyyyyyyyyyy
Dec. 1, 2021 at 7:13 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

David Ayers 2.0

Leafs go 12-2 in November

Hockey gods okay okay time to spread fear amongst the fanbase

And its bad enough MacKinnon decides to come back against us of all teams lul after missing 8 games and was not really expected to be back for another week
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 7:15 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

EsoYeezus69 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 7:17 p.m.
torontos finest

shocked
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan and Devil liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll