Forums/Armchair-GM

Lines without injuries

Created by: KentHughesMTL
Team: 2021-22 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 20, 2021
Published: Nov. 20, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
**ATTENTION I WILL NOT BE RESPONDING TO TROLL COMMENTS, IF YOU HAVE REAL INPUT ID BE HAPPY TO RESPOND**

My Explanation of the Lines

Line 1: A lot of people will wonder where Toffoli went, I've swapped him with Drouin because Drouin has been great this season. He's been a very good playmaker this year and his speed on the wing would open a lot of ice for Suzuki and Caufield to get alone in the O Zone, Also people will say losing Toffoli will make this line weak physically but I don't really see it, yes Toffoli is more physical then Drouin but Tbh neither of them are in the lineup for thier physical play.

Line 2 : Wow this is a hot take, To start this is very much so an experimental line. I've put Poehling here because he has such a good offensive upside that I think he just needs to be playing with good offensive players to really showcase his full potential. With Hoffman on the LW and Anderson on the RW it offers a great balance between offensive and physicality. Hoffman would only be helped by having a guy like Anderson out with him who can get the puck from the dirty areas out to him in the high/low slot area for great shooting opportunity's.

Line 3 : This is my take on our new Tatar-Danault-Gallagher Line from years past. Toffoli carries the same if not better offensive game then Tatar had while playing on the line. With Dvorak you lose a lot of the presence Danualt brought to the line but its not all negative with Dvorak. He is solid in the draws and his defensive ability has been seen in spurts this season, the big thing for me is he needs to find consistency, but so does the whole team. Finally we know what to expect from Gallagher, He will fight until the final whistle and that's what we need him to do. Although this line might look like a downgrade to years past I see it as a great opportunity for 3 players to finally find their rhythm in a year that's been lacking a whole lot of rhythm

Line 4 : Finally, we made it. This line might be one of my favorite lines to watch when they are all clicking, their ability to stop opposing's team's top lines shift after shift is amazing to me. All 3 of the players are great penalty killers and it shows in their 5 on 5 play. Although they wouldn't be facing teams number 1 line every night I see great opportunity for this line to take the odd shift off of our top line so the coaching staff can play the matchup game to possibly sneak our top guys out against another teams bottom 6. This line would be most effective if they would be able to consistently compete against opponents 2nd/3rd lines allowing one of the other forward lines a mismatch in opponents.

Defense

Pairing 1: Simply put, Petry has been awful. If we are hoping to show any kind of compete we need him to have a complete 180 in how he's been playing, and hopefully that can come very shortly when Edmundson is finally back in the lineup. Having the sturdy D man back should allow for some of the pressure Petry is feeling to be lifted allowing him more time to think and hopefully he can loosen the grip on his stick.

Pairing 2: The bottom 4 is interchangeable on any given night for who will be the 2nd pairing, in this scenario I have Chiarot playing with the mobile Wideman. Chiarot has been decent so far this year and while I don't see him ending the season in MTL I do see him playing along side Wideman while he's still here. The reasoning is simple, Chiarot is slow and Wideman is fast so pairing them allows for Chiarot's D zone ability to make up for Wideman's inconsistent play in the Dzone while Wideman can make up the lost ground Chiarot will lose in any kind of foot race.

Pairing 3: For similar reason as the last pairing I have Romanov along side Savard. The last week or so Romanov has been playing his best hockey of the season, He's been stepping up to make hits and he's been fairly solid the D zone as well. With Savard there hasn't been much to praise this season but he's a solid D to have when theres traffic in front of the net as he's able to move the opposition from standing in the goalies way. (not always, but a decent amount) There's also the speed factor with this pairing, by no means is Romanov a "Fast" Defensemen but he's not slow either so the balance these two have is fairly similar to Chiarot and Wideman.

Goalies: When Allen returns he should take back the starter job and Primeau will be sent back to Laval to continue his development. Whenever Price returns Monty will be on waivers and if he's not claimed Idk what they'd do with the 3 goalies in Laval.

Scratches: I have Perreault, Niku, and Kulak as my Healthy scratches. For Perreault it boils down to consistency, if the 4th line isn't playing well then swap him into the 4th line. oh Kulak my old friend I'm not sure what happened but this season hasn't been kind to you at all. I've lost my eye for you after watching you try and fail the flying poke check one too many times for my liking, take the body or don't pinch at all please. (I see him traded soon) Now onto Niku, I believe he will stick with the team playing the odd game as he could be helpful when injures arise as he can play both sides on D, it also helps that he's a relatively good skater and moves the puck well. '

**PLEASE RELEASE PAQUETTE FROM HIS DEAL HE IS HELPING NOONE AND WILL ONLY TAKE YOUTH OUT OF OUR LINES**

LMK WHAT YOU THINK!!!!
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$66,737,977$597,561$1,475,000$14,762,023

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
C
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$2,125,000$2,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
UFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,343,750$2,343,750
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$2,875,000$2,875,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
LD
RFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 4
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 5
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 21, 2021 at 8:34 a.m.
T.D.G line.
I like your T D G line alot! give that Poehling Line a try as well. Bryon will be back soon he needs a spot in the line up. We really miss Dauault, best centerman we had. Our pk is so bad with out Bryon and Dauault.

Dourin,Chiarot and Allen all need to go.
If we can get an Anderson type L.W for the Suzuki line they start to click.
Good puck moving power play R.D.
I keep Montembeault over Allen. love the name and watching him play we may have a good goalie there.
Nov. 21, 2021 at 2:48 p.m.
Quoting: TGDline
I like your T D G line alot! give that Poehling Line a try as well. Bryon will be back soon he needs a spot in the line up. We really miss Dauault, best centerman we had. Our pk is so bad with out Bryon and Dauault.

I keep Montembeault over Allen. love the name and watching him play we may have a good goalie there.

Montembeault has been WAAY to hot and cold, sometimes he looks like Brodeur, other times he looks like Jarry's glove hand in last years playoffs.
Nov. 21, 2021 at 5:14 p.m.
Meme Account
Quoting: TGDline

If Price is back and playing consistently I could see Allen being moved to a playoff team such as the oilers, but if that happens one of the two goalies would be headed back our way and IMO that still leaves Monty out of the backup spot, if price only comes back as a backup for the first couple months then you keep allen to be the starter until price is fully back playing.

Drouin won't be traded unless new management is in place, he has 1 more year then can take a significant pay cut to make him a more valuable asset to MTL

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll