Forums/Minnesota Wild

Dumba

Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Banned
Dumba's opinion. Vs Facts
What we can look At
Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:02 p.m.
Banned
Regarding dumba, abd Guerin's quote that, part of naming Dumba alternative captain was that, 'to reassure him about his future in Minnesota, ' Wild fans what do you think?
Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:13 p.m.
Think this is more appropriate as a forum post, but I'll bite.

I think Guerin is going to do what he can to keep Dumba around. Russo has mentioned in his podcasts that Dumba has been a very big part of the culture change Guerin sought to develop when he was hired. I don't know whether that's true or not because I'm not in the locker room, but based on Dumba's character it doesn't surprise me and we'll have to take Russo's word for it. Dumba is a team player through-and-through and Guerin loves those type of guys. If you saw his post-game presser a few games ago (I think it was against the Sharks) where he made that stupid play in the neutral zone and coughed up the puck, that video is a shining example of that.

Problem is, we don't have a lot of money the next few years to extend him. If he wants more than what he currently makes, I don't know if there's any way we can keep him.
jnowariak, MNCountryClub, RazWild and 1 other person liked this.
Nov. 22, 2021 at 6:24 p.m.
Quoting: TanSor

Correct and this is also why no one wants to use the forums.

I have to move it non the less.
TanSor and JayTea liked this.
Nov. 22, 2021 at 7:12 p.m.
Dumba is gone as a UFA if not before.
1. Spurgeon, JEE, and Brodin are on an unmovable expensive long-term contract.
2. Addison is supposedly all that and a box of chocolates and will be a 2nd pair d-man in no time.
3. Cap is tight and he makes a lot of money.
4. He'll be 29 when his next contract starts. There is no more upside to his game, it is what it is at this point, and is only going to go downhill at some point.
5. $14m in dead cap due to the buyouts.
6. $9m/yr tied up in Kaprizov.

All this giving him a letter to show the commitment to him is BS. There are maybe 2 players on the roster that don't have letters that an argument could be made to give them one coming into this season.
MNBassman liked this.
May 31, 2022 at 7:51 p.m.
hey look a squirrel

I think Guerin is going to do what he can to keep Dumba around. Russo has mentioned in his podcasts that Dumba has been a very big part of the culture change Guerin sought to develop when he was hired. I don't know whether that's true or not because I'm not in the locker room, but based on Dumba's character it doesn't surprise me and we'll have to take Russo's word for it. Dumba is a team player through-and-through and Guerin loves those type of guys. If you saw his post-game presser a few games ago (I think it was against the Sharks) where he made that stupid play in the neutral zone and coughed up the puck, that video is a shining example of that.

Problem is, we don't have a lot of money the next few years to extend him. If he wants more than what he currently makes, I don't know if there's any way we can keep him.

Do you think Dumba gets moved now?
And it's likely Wild want no cap back for him?

Also what is the deal wit Talbot?
Looks like to me Wild burned all the bridges with him in that situation with game 7.
Has hecplayee his last game as Wild???

@MNBassman @wabit @razwild

Would like your thoughts too guys.
TanSor liked this.
Jun. 1, 2022 at 11:34 a.m.
Quoting: Trickster

Looks like to me Wild burned all the bridges with him in that situation with game 7.

MNBassman wabit razwild

Honestly my opinion hasn't changed. I still think we'll try to find a way to keep him, but unless he takes a pay cut on an extension that'll be hard to do. For your second question I suppose it depends. If Fiala and Dumba are both moved, we'd have a little wiggle room. It shouldn't be a cap dump player though, if that happened and we were to take on cap (really going down the rabbit hole here), ideally that would be a young player who is an RFA and needs a bridge deal (like a Vilardi or Necas or something). There isn't a lot of room for depth guys that are paid more than $1-2M AAV anymore, especially with acquiring/re-signing Jost, Merrill and Goligoski as well as having Kulikov on the roster.

As for Talbot, I would guess Guerin would prefer to keep Fleury over Talbot, but Guerin was on a podcast and said he talked with Cam and implied things were amicable. Who knows really, I wouldn't be all that surprised if we moved him and re-signed Fleury.
Jun. 1, 2022 at 12:38 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Honestly my opinion hasn't changed. I still think we'll try to find a way to keep him, but unless he takes a pay cut on an extension that'll be hard to do. For your second question I suppose it depends. If Fiala and Dumba are both moved, we'd have a little wiggle room. It shouldn't be a cap dump player though, if that happened and we were to take on cap (really going down the rabbit hole here), ideally that would be a young player who is an RFA and needs a bridge deal (like a Vilardi or Necas or something). There isn't a lot of room for depth guys that are paid more than $1-2M AAV anymore, especially with acquiring/re-signing Jost, Merrill and Goligoski as well as having Kulikov on the roster.

As for Talbot, I would guess Guerin would prefer to keep Fleury over Talbot, but Guerin was on a podcast and said he talked with Cam and implied things were amicable. Who knows really, I wouldn't be all that surprised if we moved him and re-signed Fleury.

I think Fleury is signing with Pittsburgh.
TanSor liked this.
Jun. 1, 2022 at 12:57 p.m.
I think Fleury is signing with Pittsburgh.

Yeah I think he probably ends up walking in free agency (likely to Pittsburgh), but I do think Guerin will do what he can to try to keep him
Jun. 4, 2022 at 3:21 a.m.

MNBassman wabit razwild

It's not like Talbot was anything special for MN. He was either on or off and there wasn't any middle ground. He'll be back next year, simply due to the fact MN has nothing in their system ready for the NHL.

Dumba was overpaid for his play last year, but less overpaid than both Goli and Spurgeon. He'll be back next year because MN can't afford to lose their top-pair d-man and there isn't anyone else able to fill that role.

My gut says that Dumba is re-signed long-term in the $5m-$6m/yr range. Spurgeon is dumped as soon as he loses his full NTC. Addison then takes over Spurgeon's role.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll