$2,000,000$2,000,000
          LW, RW
          UFA - 1
          Logo of the Ottawa Senators
          $1,100,000$1,100,000
          C
          UFA - 1
          $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
          C
          UFA - 2
          $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
          C
          UFA - 1
          $747,500$747,500 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
          LW
          RFA - 1
          $900,000$900,000
          LW, RW
          UFA - 1
          $726,667$726,667
          LW
          RFA - 1
          $725,000$725,000
          C, RW
          UFA - 1
          Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
          $8,000,000$8,000,000
          LD
          UFA - 7
          $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
          RD
          RFA - 2
          $2,000,000$2,000,000
          LD
          UFA - 2
          $2,500,000$2,500,000
          RD
          UFA - 2
          $900,000$900,000
          G
          UFA - 1
          $1,700,000$1,700,000
          LD
          UFA - 1
          $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
          RD
          RFA - 3
          $787,500$787,500
          G
          UFA - 2
          $1,200,000$1,200,000
          LD/RD
          UFA - 1
          $1,200,000$1,200,000
          RD
          UFA - 1
          $4,500,000$4,500,000
          RD
          M-NTC
          UFA - 3
          ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
          Logo of the Calgary Flames
          $6,375,000$6,375,000
          C, LW, RW
          M-NTC
          UFA - 2
          $4,750,000$4,750,000
          C, RW
          UFA - 4
          Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
          $2,050,000$2,050,000
          RD
          M-NTC
          UFA - 1
          $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
          C
          RFA - 2
          Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
          $2,000,000$2,000,000
          C
          UFA - 2
          $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
          LD/RD, LW
          RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
          • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:27 p.m.
          Monahan cant sign until July 1st at the earliest
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
          ik but im asking how much to trade for him and how much will his extension be
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:36 p.m.
          You're gonna have to pay a lot to move murray
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:37 p.m.
          Monahan's trade value should be at an all time low right now if I'm not mistaken.
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:41 p.m.
          KFTW
          I don’t want any of these guys tbh . That’s really not who we should be chasing. I’ll take 2 years of either Giroux, Radulov or Pavelski or even Kadri. And then add a top 5 pick who’s a forward and this team is ready to roll
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:45 p.m.
          For jost? Nothing really makes sense in a 1 for 1 or a couple of pieces for him type of move. Its more like something + Jost to try to get a guy who is a middle 6er winger from the Sens is more of a viable for the avs.

Ex. What do the avs have to add with Jost to get Brown (who the Sens should be trying to extend and not move)
          Xqb15a and TJTwolf liked this.
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:47 p.m.
          During the season giving up Jost doesn’t make sense unless they are getting somebody better in the same price range that is also an RFA. Don’t think there is a trade to be made there, but Brown and even more unrealistically Batherson would be guys COL would look to add but not giving up Jost in the process.
          TJTwolf liked this.
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:56 p.m.
          Josh Manson really doesn't make any sense. He's a 30 year old UFA, and I don't think it makes any sense for Ottawa to hitch their wagon to him as a significant part of their D-Core given the aging curve of Dmen of his sort and the fact that he's already a fairly significant drop from where he was a few years ago.
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:57 p.m.
          Quoting: csick
          I don’t want any of these guys tbh . That’s really not who we should be chasing. I’ll take 2 years of either Giroux, Radulov or Pavelski or even Kadri. And then add a top 5 pick who’s a forward and this team is ready to roll

The Sens need a drastic reworking of the blueline before they are "ready to roll".
          csick liked this.
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:57 p.m.
          Manson something like a 1st and a prospect possibly for 50% retained if needed
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:58 p.m.
          Quoting: Oilers4Days
          Monahan's trade value should be at an all time low right now if I'm not mistaken.

Definitely. He is propped up quite a bit from the players around him. Hasn't been the same the last few seasons after his injuries.
          Oilers4Days liked this.
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:59 p.m.
          KFTW
          Quoting: Claesson4Norris
          The Sens need a drastic reworking of the blueline before they are "ready to roll".

JBD and Thomson will get there. Sanderson is coming. They’ll be fine. All these guys are just stop gaps and will help us get 1 more elite forward in the draft
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 5:59 p.m.
          You’re likely having to pay to ship Murray off. $6.25m is a big number for an established #1, and he’s been anything but that in Ottawa. A team like Arizona would take him on, but he’s likely not going to build much value for us in tanking seasons, so his flip potential is low. All in all the most value any lower tier team that takes him gets is the picks they originally receive from Ottawa so it would have to be a decent price paid
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 6:15 p.m.
          JBD and Thomson will get there. Sanderson is coming. They’ll be fine. All these guys are just stop gaps and will help us get 1 more elite forward in the draft

True, could have all three of them on the roster before the end of the season.

I wouldn't take any of these guys tbh, Need right shot RW as stop gap, or another Rd to replace Zaitsev with before anything.

Also what ever you can get for Murray at this point jet him out, Mabye Edmonton would take him, lol.
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 6:53 p.m.

I can't imagine Ottawa will go that young that fast on the blueline. Even if Lassi Thomson plays the entirety of the rest of this season (I would be shocked if he did), that would still be three players with less than 100 games combined.

Sanderson I have absolutely no concerns about at all. He's a star, and I think he's capable of coming in right away and being a top 4 all situation Dman. That said, I don't think it's wise to just throw him in right away into that role with another young guy still basically getting his footing in the NHL. Presumably you'll still want a more established guy to help settle him in. Now, that can be Zub, but that still leaves a question mark beside Chabot, and I'm not at all convinced they'd be eager to put one of Thomson or Bernard-Docker in that role out of the gate. Again, if Lassi ends up continuing his stretch of play over the rest of this season that conversation is different, but assuming that will be the case is extremely optimistic.

At the very least, there's simply no chance of a Defense like that working under the current coach.

I imagine they will have Sanderson in the 2LD spot, and whichever of Thomson or Bernard-Docker performs better between now and the start of next season, with the other starting in Belleville (Neither will be harmed by another season in Belleville). Brannstrom I think is all but gone unfortunately, so they'll need a guy to play 3LD (I'd be fine with Holden next year, but they could certainly do better. De Haan?) and someone who can play either with Sanderson or Chabot. Maybe if they could get him on a short term deal a guy like Colin Miller?

Maybe something like:
          Chabot-Zub
          Sanderson-C.Miller
          De Haan-Thomson
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 6:57 p.m.
          KFTW
          I can't imagine Ottawa will go that young that fast on the blueline. Even if Lassi Thomson plays the entirety of the rest of this season (I would be shocked if he did), that would still be three players with less than 100 games combined.

Sanderson I have absolutely no concerns about at all. He's a star, and I think he's capable of coming in right away and being a top 4 all situation Dman. That said, I don't think it's wise to just throw him in right away into that role with another young guy still basically getting his footing in the NHL. Presumably you'll still want a more established guy to help settle him in. Now, that can be Zub, but that still leaves a question mark beside Chabot, and I'm not at all convinced they'd be eager to put one of Thomson or Bernard-Docker in that role out of the gate. Again, if Lassi ends up continuing his stretch of play over the rest of this season that conversation is different, but assuming that will be the case is extremely optimistic.

At the very least, there's simply no chance of a Defense like that working under the current coach.

I imagine they will have Sanderson in the 2LD spot, and whichever of Thomson or Bernard-Docker performs better between now and the start of next season, with the other starting in Belleville (Neither will be harmed by another season in Belleville). Brannstrom I think is all but gone unfortunately, so they'll need a guy to play 3LD (I'd be fine with Holden next year, but they could certainly do better. De Haan?) and someone who can play either with Sanderson or Chabot. Maybe if they could get him on a short term deal a guy like Colin Miller?

Maybe something like:
          Chabot-Zub
          Sanderson-C.Miller
          De Haan-Thomson

Yup super realistic. Either De Haan or Holden back on the 3rd pairing . My lineup was more for like the future and not next year
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 7:20 p.m.
          Yup super realistic. Either De Haan or Holden back on the 3rd pairing . My lineup was more for like the future and not next year

That's fair. Long term I think they might well have the pieces internally to build a great blueline. Chabot-Sanderson-Zub is about as good a top 3 as you can hope for, and between JBD, Thomson and Roger, I think you've got a 2RD and a 3RD. I think Kleven will play, but whether he will actually be any good remains to be seen. I think all the tools are there, but he's still got the annoying tendency to chase hits and give up his positioning, and I'm on the fence about his skating. Sometimes it looks totally fine, and sometimes it looks lacking. If he can be more of a 3rd pair Marc Methot and less of a 7th pair Josh Brown it would be a huge development for Ottawa. Would really address that physical element you still do want on the blueline.

I still want Erik Brannstrom to pan out here, because I'm still so positive that he's a real player. That said when I look at the future of this Blueline I don't write him in, because I'm so sure he's gone.
          csick liked this.
          Nov. 22, 2021 at 7:21 p.m.
          KFTW
          That's fair. Long term I think they might well have the pieces internally to build a great blueline. Chabot-Sanderson-Zub is about as good a top 3 as you can hope for, and between JBD, Thomson and Roger, I think you've got a 2RD and a 3RD. I think Kleven will play, but whether he will actually be any good remains to be seen. I think all the tools are there, but he's still got the annoying tendency to chase hits and give up his positioning, and I'm on the fence about his skating. Sometimes it looks totally fine, and sometimes it looks lacking. If he can be more of a 3rd pair Marc Methot and less of a 7th pair Josh Brown it would be a huge development for Ottawa. Would really address that physical element you still do want on the blueline.

I still want Erik Brannstrom to pan out here, because I'm still so positive that he's a real player. That said when I look at the future of this Blueline I don't write him in, because I'm so sure he's gone.

I’m more focused on our forward group tbh. We still need 1-2 more elite players. Hopefully a top 5 pick and signing a guy like Giroux will help

To create a post please Login or Register
          Question:
          Options:
          Add Option
          Submit Poll