Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    Logo of the VAN
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    20$81,500,000$72,684,167$1,250,000$2,700,000$8,815,833
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
    $891,667$891,667 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $7,350,000$7,350,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Calgary Flames
    $2,300,000$2,300,000
    LW, RW, C
    RFA - 2
    $4,950,000$4,950,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 4
    Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$1,550,000$2M)
    C
    RFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW, LW
    RFA - 2
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333
    LW, C
    RFA - 3
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RW, LW
    UFA
    $900,000$900,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $7,850,000$7,850,000
    LD
    UFA - 5
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    UFA - 4
    $7,260,000$7,260,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    Nemec, Simon
    $925,000$925,000
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $900,000$900,000
    G
    RFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    LD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $762,500$762,500
    RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 5:38 p.m.
    You must really like Turcotte. I still think he will be good, but I don’t know if I would give Girard for him. Girard is very good on a very good deal. Turcotte is having a really good season in the AHL, 9 points in 14 games, but I don’t know how good he will be. When he got drafted I thought it was a good pick 5OA, but then I saw how they really played before the draft, and saw that Zegras dropped, and I have always thought that Zegras was better. Most of them were all on one team, and they played against guys that are not as good as them. We have been seeing that with Caufield. Went late because of his size, but is not putting up a lot of points in the NHL. Yes, he has 6 points in 5 games in the AHL, but you would hope a prospect rated that high would produce a lot. All I’m saying is, I don’t 100% trust those American players from that draft. Yes we have seen a few, and some have been playing well in the NHL, but not many. Even look at Hughes, his first season he was awful! He’s slowly getting better, but he only got 21 points in 61 games and he was drafted 1OA!
    csick liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 5:41 p.m.
    KFTW
    Quoting: Nhl_oilers
    You must really like Turcotte. I still think he will be good, but I don’t know if I would give Girard for him. Girard is very good on a very good deal. Turcotte is having a really good season in the AHL, 9 points in 14 games, but I don’t know how good he will be. When he got drafted I thought it was a good pick 5OA, but then I saw how they really played before the draft, and saw that Zegras dropped, and I have always thought that Zegras was better. Most of them were all on one team, and they played against guys that are not as good as them. We have been seeing that with Caufield. Went late because of his size, but is not putting up a lot of points in the NHL. Yes, he has 6 points in 5 games in the AHL, but you would hope a prospect rated that high would produce a lot. All I’m saying is, I don’t 100% trust those American players from that draft. Yes we have seen a few, and some have been playing well in the NHL, but not many. Even look at Hughes, his first season he was awful! He’s slowly getting better, but he only got 21 points in 61 games and he was drafted 1OA!

I still think Turcotte will be a very good 2nd liner. I’m high on Faber tho
    Nhl_oilers liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 5:44 p.m.
    Quoting: csick
    I still think Turcotte will be a very good 2nd liner. I’m high on Faber tho

Yes Faber has been good, and I think he will be good one day. I just wouldn’t make the whole thing coming back being Turcotte. And I’m not saying you are! I also like Faber.
    csick liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 5:45 p.m.
    does boeser come with an extension of 6m aav or less?
    TJTwolf liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 5:47 p.m.

This is not really true. The NTDP plays a USHL league schedule, sure, but they also play a heavy slate of college teams and in best-on-best international tournaments. It is a fairly difficult schedule. Hughes, Zegras, Caufield, Turcotte, Boldy...they all put up numbers whoever they played. And most of them did it in both their U18 and U17 seasons.

Turcotte's issue has often been health. But assuming he stays healthy, he has about as high of a floor as any of these guys just based on his defense, face-offs, and all-around game.
    csick liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 5:48 p.m.
    KFTW
    Quoting: NHLfan10506
    This is not really true. The NTDP plays a USHL league schedule, sure, but they also play a heavy slate of college teams and in best-on-best international tournaments. It is a fairly difficult schedule. Hughes, Zegras, Caufield, Turcotte, Boldy...they all put up numbers whoever they played. And most of them did it in both their U18 and U17 seasons.

Turcotte's issue has often been health. But assuming he stays healthy, he has about as high of a floor as any of these guys just based on his defense, face-offs, and all-around game.

How are u finding Logan Cooley? He’s the one I’ve seen that plays for UNTDP
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 5:53 p.m.

This is just my opinion. It is true to me… the other teams players were not as good as these guys, and these guys had some good chemistry. There’s a reason why they went in the first round… because they were better. I don’t trust a lot of them, and I don’t think most of them will be as good as they were supposed to be. Turcotte hasn’t been as good as you would hope being drafted 5OA outside of the American team. Even Jack Hughes after he left that team, he struggled a lot! And he should’ve been way better than he was. I just don’t trust they will be as good as some think… that’s part of the reason why I disagree with habs fans when they say Caufield is better than Holloway. I personally think Zegras is better than Turcotte, and was at the time. He was just a good sneaky all around player. I still think Turcotte will be decent, but not as good as some think.
    csick liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 5:55 p.m.
    How are u finding Logan Cooley? He’s the one I’ve seen that plays for UNTDP

Love him. There is a bit of Caufield and a bit of Hughes in his game. He is small, but the low center of gravity is an asset for him.

I also like Rutger McGroarty and Ryan Chesley. Expect both those guys to rise in draft lists.
    csick and Nhl_oilers liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 5:57 p.m.
    KFTW
    Love him. There is a bit of Caufield and a bit of Hughes in his game. He is small, but the low center of gravity is an asset for him.

I also like Rutger McGroarty and Ryan Chesley. Expect both those guys to rise in draft lists.

Yeah heard McGroarty’s shot is really good. My only issue is drafting a player that’s committed to college the year after being drafted. If I’m drafting top 5 this year, I want an NHL ready player. I don’t wanna wait 2-3 years
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 5:58 p.m.
    KFTW
    This is just my opinion. It is true to me… the other teams players were not as good as these guys, and these guys had some good chemistry. There’s a reason why they went in the first round… because they were better. I don’t trust a lot of them, and I don’t think most of them will be as good as they were supposed to be. Turcotte hasn’t been as good as you would hope being drafted 5OA outside of the American team. Even Jack Hughes after he left that team, he struggled a lot! And he should’ve been way better than he was. I just don’t trust they will be as good as some think… that’s part of the reason why I disagree with habs fans when they say Caufield is better than Holloway. I personally think Zegras is better than Turcotte, and was at the time. He was just a good sneaky all around player. I still think Turcotte will be decent, but not as good as some think.

You know who else was in the USNDP ? Colin White
    Nhl_oilers liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 6:01 p.m.

Ah makes sense. He had that one year of 41 points, and got paid. Never was that good since. I’m just saying I don’t 100% trust a lot of the American players, especially the ones where a lot of them from one draft all play on the same team, same line etc.
    csick liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 6:04 p.m.
    KFTW
    Ah makes sense. He had that one year of 41 points, and got paid. Never was that good since. I’m just saying I don’t 100% trust a lot of the American players, especially the ones where a lot of them from one draft all play on the same team, same line etc.

That 41pts was carried by Stone. Tkachuk was on that line as well. If Tkachuk and White weren’t playing with Stone that year, they both would’ve had way less pts. Stone did all the work. He’s a good 2 way player but his offensive ceiling is 3rd line
    Nhl_oilers liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 6:07 p.m.

Hughes struggled because he was in the NHL as an 18-year old at 5'10" and (maybe) 150 lbs soaking wet. Even then, he was often the most skilled player on the ice. And drew heavy attention from defenses. He is hurt now, but is also a good 25-lbs heavier.

I have also been a big fan of Zegras...and would have taken him in top-5. He was a bit of a late riser. He didn't get the call up to U18 squad in his U17 year like Hughes, Turcotte and Caufield. And really didn't get his chance to be top-6 center until Turcotte got hurt in their U18 year. He was always a human-highlight reel with his passing, but wasn't a line-driver until later.

As for Caufield vs Holloway...I'd go with Caufield just based on seeing Badger games last year. He was truly dominant at times...and did much of his damage in big situations against top defensive units. His performance in NHL playoffs didn't surprise me at all considering the form he was in at the end of the college season.
    csick liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 6:08 p.m.
    That 41pts was carried by Stone. Tkachuk was on that line as well. If Tkachuk and White weren’t playing with Stone that year, they both would’ve had way less pts. Stone did all the work. He’s a good 2 way player but his offensive ceiling is 3rd line

Makes sense why he has been not so good since. And he is making a lot! Stone is a very good player. Vegas was lucky to get him. I agree, he is nothing more than a bottom 6 player.. too bad he got overpaid though. Just if they could’ve waited a year and bridged him…
    csick liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 6:09 p.m.
    KFTW
    Makes sense why he has been not so good since. And he is making a lot! Stone is a very good player. Vegas was lucky to get him. I agree, he is nothing more than a bottom 6 player.. too bad he got overpaid though. Just if they could’ve waited a year and bridged him…

His buyout is only 800k. But his value for what he offers is probably around 3.5 mill
    Nhl_oilers liked this.

Jack Eichel, Auston Matthews, Patrick Kane, Adam Fox, Charlie McAvoy, Zack Werenski, etc etc
    csick liked this.
    KFTW
    Hughes struggled because he was in the NHL as an 18-year old at 5'10" and (maybe) 150 lbs soaking wet. Even then, he was often the most skilled player on the ice. And drew heavy attention from defenses. He is hurt now, but is also a good 25-lbs heavier.

I have also been a big fan of Zegras...and would have taken him in top-5. He was a bit of a late riser. He didn't get the call up to U18 squad in his U17 year like Hughes, Turcotte and Caufield. And really didn't get his chance to be top-6 center until Turcotte got hurt in their U18 year. He was always a human-highlight reel with his passing, but wasn't a line-driver until later.

As for Caufield vs Holloway...I'd go with Caufield just based on seeing Badger games last year. He was truly dominant at times...and did much of his damage in big situations against top defensive units. His performance in NHL playoffs didn't surprise me at all considering the form he was in at the end of the college season.

I would’ve taken Zegras top 5 too. My mock had Zegras at 4 and Dach at 8 lol
    Nhl_oilers and NHLfan10506 liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 6:14 p.m.
    KFTW
    Jack Eichel, Auston Matthews, Patrick Kane, Adam Fox, Charlie McAvoy, Zack Werenski, etc etc

I have a hard time knowing where to rank guys like Miroshnichenko , Cooley, Slafkovsky and Yurov in this draft. Only because none of them playing for the top league. Slafkovsky plays in Liga but he’s still projected in the top 10 and only has 3pts in 15 games. Like why does he deserve to go that high when Lambert is dropping and has more points than him lol.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 6:16 p.m.

It’s true Hughes was very small, and I think they should’ve waited a year to bring him up, but I still think he could have gotten more points. I like the guy, and I think he will be good, just thought he should’ve been better out of the gates. And I could be too harsh on him! I agree Zegras was late, and yes he is a very good player. I like in the end, LA would’ve hoped that they drafted Zegras over Turcotte. Caufield is going to be good, don’t get me wrong, but he should’ve been producing more already as he was rated super highly. The thing I don’t like about Caufield and this can just be me, but he is a goal scorer. If he can’t score, he’s near useless. He is too small to throw the body, is lazy defensively… not a fan of his game, aside of his goal scoring ability. Holloway has it all. He can play a whole 2-way game, has a very good shot, and kind of plays like Hyman. I like how gritty he is when he is on the ice, and the speed! Man he is fast, and his hand are good.
    csick liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 6:16 p.m.
    Yeah heard McGroarty’s shot is really good. My only issue is drafting a player that’s committed to college the year after being drafted. If I’m drafting top 5 this year, I want an NHL ready player. I don’t wanna wait 2-3 years

A year or two in NCAA is for some kids the best route. They only play ~40 game schedule, plenty of time to bulk up. I would generally prefer that to playing a year or of junior.
    csick liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 6:18 p.m.
    I have a hard time knowing where to rank guys like Miroshnichenko , Cooley, Slafkovsky and Yurov in this draft. Only because none of them playing for the top league. Slafkovsky plays in Liga but he’s still projected in the top 10 and only has 3pts in 15 games. Like why does he deserve to go that high when Lambert is dropping and has more points than him lol.

Because he is ginormous.
    csick liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 6:18 p.m.
    KFTW
    A year or two in NCAA is for some kids the best route. They only play ~40 game schedule, plenty of time to bulk up. I would generally prefer that to playing a year or of junior.

Who do U think is NHL ready in this draft?
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 6:19 p.m.
    KFTW
    Because he is ginormous.

Dorion loves drafting size which is why Slafkovsky and Geekie are probably high on his list. But size doesn’t necessarily mean skill lol. I just want the Sens to draft a forward with 70pt potential
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 6:20 p.m.
    His buyout is only 800k. But his value for what he offers is probably around 3.5 mill

I definitely agree! I forgot who we were talking about for a second haha. White is good, and I feel like he could get 30 or so points a season if he played with good players. Is he injured, and for how long? That’s a cheep buyout, but I think I would keep him for as long as I could if I was Ottawa.
    csick liked this.
    Nov. 25, 2021 at 6:22 p.m.
    KFTW
    I definitely agree! I forgot who we were talking about for a second haha. White is good, and I feel like he could get 30 or so points a season if he played with good players. Is he injured, and for how long? That’s a cheep buyout, but I think I would keep him for as long as I could if I was Ottawa.

Our #2 and #3 centres got injured. And we were playing with a bottom 4 of Zaitsev, Del Zotto, Mete and Josh Brown . Matt Murray also sucks. No wonder the Sens are bad haha
    Nhl_oilers liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll