$1,400,000$1,400,000
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$825,000$825,000
LW, C
RFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$3,675,000$3,675,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,822,764$2,822,764
LD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RD
RFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$2,800,000$2,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$889,166$889,166
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 5
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, C
RFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 29, 2021 at 11:52 p.m.
Pass
Nov. 29, 2021 at 11:53 p.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: Gofnut999
Pass

Care to counter?
Nov. 29, 2021 at 11:55 p.m.
Quoting: Stanley_Cup_To_Manhattan
Care to counter?

Not really. Buffalo is not trading futures for him and nothing on the roster i want that they would trade.
Nov. 30, 2021 at 12:22 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: Gofnut999
Not really. Buffalo is not trading futures for him and nothing on the roster i want that they would trade.

Makes sense.
Nov. 30, 2021 at 12:51 a.m.
Dekesaladekes
Makes sense.

personally bruins traded bjork for a reason didn't fit then wont fit now. if there was a package you would like for olofson revolving around debrusk i would be interested
Nov. 30, 2021 at 1:23 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: Dekes
personally bruins traded bjork for a reason didn't fit then wont fit now. if there was a package you would like for olofson revolving around debrusk i would be interested

Don't see BUF trading Olofsson. It would take Lysell+ which Boston won't do since it's "Stingy Sweeney"
gretzkyghosts and sabres89 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2021 at 1:35 a.m.
Dekesaladekes
Don't see BUF trading Olofsson. It would take Lysell+ which Boston won't do since it's "Stingy Sweeney"

im sorry but olofson isn't worth lysell as a starting piece. guys worth lysell as a start are the likes of hertl, miller, horvat etc olofson is not on their level. he is also a winger meaning his value isn't as high as centers too. there is 2 guys on buffalos roster that warrant giving up lysell in a trade for them and that is dahlin and cozens that is it
Nov. 30, 2021 at 1:41 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
im sorry but olofson isn't worth lysell as a starting piece. guys worth lysell as a start are the likes of hertl, miller, horvat etc olofson is not on their level. he is also a winger meaning his value isn't as high as centers too. there is 2 guys on buffalos roster that warrant giving up lysell in a trade for them and that is dahlin and cozens that is it

Not true. Olofsson is an elite sniper. Regardless of his position the fact that he has one of the most lethal shots makes him worth that much to Buffalo.

Watch some of his highlights. He'd be quite a fit on Boston's top 6 and he'd be a joy to watch at TD Garden.
gretzkyghosts and sabres89 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2021 at 1:41 a.m.
Let’s say u could work a deal like this out for DeBrusk….
Assuming he gets back to form, where would u see him fitting in going forward?
Bc it seems like we already will have an extra top9 forward or 2 next year with the kids coming up
Skinner-Tage-Olofsson
Krebs-Cozens-Tuch
Peterka-Mitts-Quinn
Asplund?
DeBrusk?

I suppose Asplund could be the most natural fit on our “defensive” line with Okposo & Girgs, but i like the way he’s been playing in the top6 (mostly) this season

And Peterka could be sent down to Rochester, or Quinn,
but they’ve both been lighting it up so well down there that it’s tough to imagine them not making the team
Krebs hasn’t been lighting it up yet down there, but he’s another guy i find hard to leave off the roster

I guess it’s a good problem to have
But it’s interesting to me to see how we are gonna take all this talent we have, and form it into lines with some cohesiveness

*and this isn’t counting the top10, maybe even higher, pick that we are gonna be making this year- in a very talented draft
Whoever we do choose could be good enough to make the team as well

Like i said…. Good problem to have i suppose
How do u see the lines looking next year if we were to get DeBrusk?
Nov. 30, 2021 at 1:43 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Quoting: Buffalove
Let’s say u could work a deal like this out for DeBrusk….
Assuming he gets back to form, where would u see him fitting in going forward?
Bc it seems like we already will have an extra top9 forward or 2 next year with the kids coming up
Skinner-Tage-Olofsson
Krebs-Cozens-Tuch
Peterka-Mitts-Quinn
Asplund?
DeBrusk?

I suppose Asplund could be the most natural fit on our “defensive” line with Okposo & Girgs, but i like the way he’s been playing in the top6 (mostly) this season

And Peterka could be sent down to Rochester, or Quinn,
but they’ve both been lighting it up so well down there that it’s tough to imagine them not making the team
Krebs hasn’t been lighting it up yet down there, but he’s another guy i find hard to leave off the roster

I guess it’s a good problem to have
But it’s interesting to me to see how we are gonna take all this talent we have, and form it into lines with some cohesiveness

*and this isn’t counting the top10, maybe even higher, pick that we are gonna be making this year- in a very talented draft
Whoever we do choose could be good enough to make the team as well

I feel they move Girgensons and Okposo too. Murray and Weissbach need spots.
Nov. 30, 2021 at 1:46 a.m.
Dekesaladekes
Not true. Olofsson is an elite sniper. Regardless of his position the fact that he has one of the most lethal shots makes him worth that much to Buffalo.

Watch some of his highlights. He'd be quite a fit on Boston's top 6 and he'd be a joy to watch at TD Garden.

yes he has a nice shot but their is multiple wingers with elite shots in this league. ive seen olofsson play lots as of the last 2.5 seasons i think buffalo is up there with our most played team so i had lots of time to anaylse him. personally i think he is a high tier 2RW/LW but that's max. if bruins are giving up lysell it is for a bonafide 1st liner that will be playing 2nd line for us either that or a true 1st pairing dman
Nov. 30, 2021 at 1:47 a.m.
I feel they move Girgensons and Okposo too. Murray and Weissbach need spots.

No chance
Those guys wear the “A” for a reason
And they’ve actually been good in their defensive roles for a few seasons now- and are PROVEN in that regard
With so many kids already on track to make the roster next season, i just don’t see it happening
Can’t have a whole roster of youth

Besides, we actually need their Cap hits to get us to the floor
And frankly,
Murray & Weissbach just haven’t shown enough yet to push out solid vets imo
I just don’t see that happening at all
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Nov. 30, 2021 at 1:49 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
No chance
Those guys wear the “A” for a reason
And they’ve actually been good in their defensive roles for a few seasons now- and are PROVEN in that regard
With so many kids already on track to make the roster next season, i just don’t see it happening
Can’t have a whole roster of youth

Besides, we actually need their Cap hits to get us to the floor
And frankly,
Murray & Weissbach just haven’t shown enough yet to push out solid vets imo
I just don’t see that happening at all

They've been playing really well. Okposo and Girgensons should yield good returns and that should be something GMKA should consider.
Nov. 30, 2021 at 1:51 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
yes he has a nice shot but their is multiple wingers with elite shots in this league. ive seen olofsson play lots as of the last 2.5 seasons i think buffalo is up there with our most played team so i had lots of time to anaylse him. personally i think he is a high tier 2RW/LW but that's max. if bruins are giving up lysell it is for a bonafide 1st liner that will be playing 2nd line for us either that or a true 1st pairing dman

Lysell is not that high echelon of a prospect. He fell In the draft for a reason.
Nov. 30, 2021 at 1:51 a.m.

That may well be the case,
but there’s also no way that the Sabres would give up Olofsson for a package where DeBrusk is the main piece we’d be getting back
It just wouldn’t make sense for us
There’d have to be something significant added,
and even your 1st this year wouldn’t be enough imo
It’s gonna be lower anyways
And we already have the VGK & FLA 1sts this year too
sabres89 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2021 at 1:53 a.m.
They've been playing really well. Okposo and Girgensons should yield good returns and that should be something GMKA should consider.

Maybe Girgs….
but Okposo’s cap hit makes him untradeable, even if we held half his salary/cap hit

And like i said, we can’t have all kids in the roster next year

Don’t see us shipping out our leadership to replace them with guys like Murray or Weissbach…. Not yet anyways
Nov. 30, 2021 at 1:54 a.m.
Am Yisrael Chai
Maybe Girgs….
but Okposo’s cap hit makes him untradeable, even if we held half his salary/cap hit

And like i said, we can’t have all kids in the roster next year

Okposo at $3M with retention with the way he's playing makes him not only moveable but a useful piece for a team needing some RW depth.
Nov. 30, 2021 at 2:00 a.m.
Okposo at $3M with retention with the way he's playing makes him not only moveable but a useful piece for a team needing some RW depth.

Highly disagree, He’s still overpaid
Cup contenders get Vets like him for around $1mil as UFAs

And even if someone did want him at that price,
we wouldn’t get anything back of significance

And we lose a Vet “leader”
And we miss his Cap hit

All so Murray can get in the lineup?
Lol
He can’t even get in the lineup now- and we’ve been playing some scrubs who have no future here
sabres89 liked this.
Nov. 30, 2021 at 3:54 a.m.
CbjSabresDucks
Cbj says no. Korpi has sucked this year but at least there's a chance he could bounce back and we could get something for him. Ruost wouldn't crack our lineup and would just go to the AHL
Nov. 30, 2021 at 4:19 a.m.
Dekesaladekes
Lysell is not that high echelon of a prospect. He fell In the draft for a reason.

he fell due to supposed attitude reasons, just like barzal did once also paired with his injury. it was then revealed that the problem was simplying him wanting to play better competition so he got bumped from u20 squad to shl. also majority of scouts and analysts had lysell going top 6. every grading ive seen has had him as a A tier prospect.
Nov. 30, 2021 at 4:25 a.m.
Dekesaladekes
That may well be the case,
but there’s also no way that the Sabres would give up Olofsson for a package where DeBrusk is the main piece we’d be getting back
It just wouldn’t make sense for us
There’d have to be something significant added,
and even your 1st this year wouldn’t be enough imo
It’s gonna be lower anyways
And we already have the VGK & FLA 1sts this year too

oh no i totally understand that debrusk would be the 2nd maybe even third piece i just wanted to know what else it would take
like for example
debrusk+ 2022 1st+ 2023 2nd or like beecher/ vaak/ lauko.

i like olofson he is a solid offensive threat with a deadly shot but his defence is horrendous he struggles to backcheck. when you are in the Dzone it is basically 4v5 when he is on the ice. Cassidy hates that, he may not punish players a lot but one thing he does punish players for is not backchecking and playing a team defence. a lot of teams prioritze team defence and backchecking so that is the only reason i don't see a lot of teams giving up a high tier prospect is because the only way they will sacrifice a player being horrible at defence and not really trying is if you are at the skill level of Patty kane but even then he still gets harped on for being one of the worst defensive players in the league. not to say you shouldn't value him to the degree you want to i'm just saying a lot of teams will not see him the same way purely because he is a one way player
Nov. 30, 2021 at 8:06 a.m.
You are both correct, Buffalo does not need DeBrusk.
Murray looks very comfortable in the NHL.
Big players take longer to develop, only Tage is larger and look how long it took him.
Murray may find a spot in the NHL and that may make Olofsson available.

Okposo at $3M with retention with the way he's playing makes him not only moveable but a useful piece for a team needing some RW depth. No doubt Kyle could be a valuable asset and if he continues to produce next year as he has this year, he could be a coveted commodity.
He KP and PP, while only Thompson and Skinner have a higher pts/min.
On the other hand, I think Okposo will retire a Sabre.
He moved his family to Buffalo after he was traded.
...And we lose a Vet “leader”
And we miss his Cap hit All so Murray can get in the lineup?...I agree the team needs his leadership. I think he will retire a Sabre.
he fell due to supposed attitude reasons...
Check out these pre-draft predictions:
http://www.mynhldraft.com/2021-nhl-draft/mock-draft/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/draft/2021/07/22/nhl-mock-draft-first-round-owen-power/8052964002/
https://thehockeywriters.com/2021-nhl-draft-the-hockey-writers-mock-draft/
https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2021/07/23/nhl-mock-draft-2-0-michigan-duo-expected-to-go-with-top-two-picks/
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/sportsnets-2021-nhl-mock-draft-predicting-round-1-will-unfold/ only one of the five that has Rosen going before Lysell
IDK why Buffalo would have passed on a RHD.
While Laaksonen appears to be able to score in the AHL, he is the ONLY RHD prospect.
Boston has plucked many top defensemen from lower picks. Charlie McAvoy 14th, Brandon Carlo 37th, Jeremy Lauzon 52nd, Matt Grzelcyk 85th, Dougie Hamilton 9th.
It appears too many teams passed on Lysell because none of the pre-draft prediction have him lasting until 21st.
On the other hand Olofsson is playing well, but he would not be on Boston's top six.
Hall and Marchand have LW locked up, Olofsson could play his off wing, IDK if this is how Boston sets up their line up.
One parting shot Lysell is a prospect it is not certain that he can produce in the NHL.
Olofsson has proven he can produce.
While his career is only 130 deep, he averages 25 goals and 58 pts over a 82 game season.

I spent too much time on this post, I doubt any one will read everything I posted or check the links.
sabres89 and GMTD liked this.
Nov. 30, 2021 at 5:50 p.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
You are both correct, Buffalo does not need DeBrusk.
Murray looks very comfortable in the NHL.
Big players take longer to develop, only Tage is larger and look how long it took him.
Murray may find a spot in the NHL and that may make Olofsson available.

Check out these pre-draft predictions:
http://www.mynhldraft.com/2021-nhl-draft/mock-draft/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/draft/2021/07/22/nhl-mock-draft-first-round-owen-power/8052964002/
https://thehockeywriters.com/2021-nhl-draft-the-hockey-writers-mock-draft/
https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2021/07/23/nhl-mock-draft-2-0-michigan-duo-expected-to-go-with-top-two-picks/
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/sportsnets-2021-nhl-mock-draft-predicting-round-1-will-unfold/ only one of the five that has Rosen going before Lysell
IDK why Buffalo would have passed on a RHD.
While Laaksonen appears to be able to score in the AHL, he is the ONLY RHD prospect.
Boston has plucked many top defensemen from lower picks. Charlie McAvoy 14th, Brandon Carlo 37th, Jeremy Lauzon 52nd, Matt Grzelcyk 85th, Dougie Hamilton 9th.
It appears too many teams passed on Lysell because none of the pre-draft prediction have him lasting until 21st.
On the other hand Olofsson is playing well, but he would not be on Boston's top six.
Hall and Marchand have LW locked up, Olofsson could play his off wing, IDK if this is how Boston sets up their line up.
One parting shot Lysell is a prospect it is not certain that he can produce in the NHL.
Olofsson has proven he can produce.
While his career is only 130 deep, he averages 25 goals and 58 pts over a 82 game season.

I spent too much time on this post, I doubt any one will read everything I posted or check the links.

Sure, big guys do take longer to develop generally
That just another reason they aren’t going to insert Murray into the lineup to get rid of Okposo, who is already playing well in his role
Plus, Okposo is one of the leaders of this group & wears an “A”
Plus, even with half retained, i doubt there’s be many suitors & i highly doubt that we’d get anything of value back for him
Plus, we NEED his cap hit to get to the floor next season

And i doubt Girgs goes anywhere as well,
unless some team out there wants to give us a 1st for him
And that’s pretty unlikely imo
Nov. 30, 2021 at 5:54 p.m.
Edited Nov. 30, 2021 at 8:48 p.m.
oh no i totally understand that debrusk would be the 2nd maybe even third piece i just wanted to know what else it would take
like for example
debrusk+ 2022 1st+ 2023 2nd or like beecher/ vaak/ lauko.

i like olofson he is a solid offensive threat with a deadly shot but his defence is horrendous he struggles to backcheck. when you are in the Dzone it is basically 4v5 when he is on the ice. Cassidy hates that, he may not punish players a lot but one thing he does punish players for is not backchecking and playing a team defence. a lot of teams prioritze team defence and backchecking so that is the only reason i don't see a lot of teams giving up a high tier prospect is because the only way they will sacrifice a player being horrible at defence and not really trying is if you are at the skill level of Patty kane but even then he still gets harped on for being one of the worst defensive players in the league. not to say you shouldn't value him to the degree you want to i'm just saying a lot of teams will not see him the same way purely because he is a one way player

Then we simply keep him
It’s not like we are trying to trade him

I don’t think adding a late 1st & late 2nd moves the needle enough for us
We are rebuilding, but we already have a bunch of picks

And Olofsson is young enough to fit into that timeline for us,
so i don’t think we are looking to move him

Is he a perfect player, of course not
But he’s a sniper, and we obviously need goal scorers like him
Who doesn’t?

Like i said, i don’t think he’s available
But if he were, I’d imagine we’d want a talented young player as the main piece
Someone closer to playing in the NHL than a late 1st or 2nd round pick would be- ownership is very tired of all the losing going on here
Nov. 30, 2021 at 8:40 p.m.
Sure, big guys do take longer to develop generally
That just another reason they aren’t going to insert Murray into the lineup to get rid of Okposo, who is already playing well in his role
Plus, Okposo is one of the leaders of this group & wears an “A”
Plus, even with half retained, i doubt there’s be many suitors & i highly doubt that we’d get anything of value back for him
Plus, we NEED his cap hit to get to the floor next season

And i doubt Girgs goes anywhere as well,
unless some team out there wants to give us a 1st for him
And that’s pretty unlikely imo
I think we are in agreement any variance is nuanced and de minimis
Okposo will be a Sabre in the 2023-'24 season but closer to Thompson current salary.
There is no reason to trade Girgensons, he is still signed for next year and plays up to his salary.
I think I may have expressed my opinion of Olofsson differently.
If Murray were to produce as well as he has this year, Karmanos will have some difficult decisions.
With Krebs and Peterka piling up the points in the AHL, who is the odd man out?
Olofsson as you correctly predict could bring prospect with the value of Pekar, a first and maybe more at the TDL.
Then Buffalo still has Skinner, Peterka, Krebs, Bjork, Girgensons at LW.
Or, move Mittelstadt to LW or Thompson to RW then put Krebs between Peterka and Quinn.
Cozens has started to produce faster than I had expected.
Consider this line up if Olofsson is traded for a first, second and a prospect similar to Laaksonen:
Skinner Cozens Thompson They are on pace to produce 90 goals this season
Murray Mittelstadt Tuch Alex may be the catalyst to get this line producing really well.
Peterka Krebs Quinn I think this the line playing in Rochester
Bjork Girgensons Okposo ("C") and the crash line

Let me close, we all tend to over value our prospects.
I think Boston fans are doing the with Lysell.
IMO he is still only a prospect playing with teenagers and producing decent results.
On the other Olofsson is in the NHL producing at 25 goal, 60 pt seasons.
To say Buffalo would be the team to add in a one for one trade is pure prejudice.
GMTD liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll