G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$1,125,000$1,125,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$795,000$795,000 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$900,000$900,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:20 p.m.
I think it’s cool that they have 3 D at Canada WJC camp. And Wallstedt starting for Sweden. The future is bright on their back end. Plus they have Calen Addison from that 2020 WJC Gold Medal Team.
Aero_Astro_Guy, RazWild and TanSor liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:22 p.m.
aeroastro.MN
I like how Rem Pitlick is a ~ppg 4th liner
RazWild and TanSor liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:24 p.m.
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
I think it’s cool that they have 3 D at Canada WJC camp. And Wallstedt starting for Sweden. The future is bright on their back end. Plus they have Calen Addison from that 2020 WJC Gold Medal Team.

Marat Khustnutdinov should also play a prominent role for Russia this year, who Wild grabbed with a 2020 2nd. Looks like he’s slated to be Russia’s 1C.
RazWild, Duggysdanglers and TanSor liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:24 p.m.
Quoting: Aero_Astro_Guy
I like how Rem Pitlick is a ~ppg 4th liner

Well these lines are completely off. That’s not where he plays. Lots of stuff is amiss here from a lineup standpoint.
TanSor liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:27 p.m.
Quoting: drmantalban
Well these lines are completely off. That’s not where he plays. Lots of stuff is amiss here from a lineup standpoint.

I don't expect outside fanbases to know what our lineup situation looks like.

Therefore, I'm not overly concerned about it.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:27 p.m.

He's played with Kaprizov for two games, has one assist in those two games, and isn't really contributing to the offense there. He is, unquestionably, a bottom six player who's skilled enough to score against other bottom six players. He is not a top six player.
TanSor and Aero_Astro_Guy liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:28 p.m.
Quoting: RazWild

Oh neither would I. I was just commenting that for any other non wild fans that may see this and wonder why that would be the case.
TanSor and Aero_Astro_Guy liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:31 p.m.
Quoting: Caerii
He's played with Kaprizov for two games, has one assist in those two games, and isn't really contributing to the offense there. He is, unquestionably, a bottom six player who's skilled enough to score against other bottom six players. He is not a top six player.

I agree. I was just trying to provide clarity to any outside fans that may read this lineup, see the comment and wonder why the lines are the way they are.

Regardless of what anyone thinks, the lineup above is not what the wild are utilizing. That’s all I was pointing out.
TanSor liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:32 p.m.

Therefore, I'm not overly concerned about it.

I'm a fan and I'm not even sure what the lineup is supposed to be... Addison as a wing, Hartman as the 1C, Fiala dragging around a pickem of dead weight depending on the night, etc.
TanSor liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:38 p.m.

Contribution comes with increased chemistry with your linemates, after you've spent enough time with them.

It's rather disingenuous to insinuate he's not fit to be there without enough sample size to say otherwise. The greater guage of how well he's doing there right now is by the eye test of how well he plays there and if he looks out of place at all. Or isn't up to snuff.

By that metric, he looks to be just fine. Because he hasn't looked out of place at all. In fact it was purely because of his hustle and forechecking that he can be directly responsible for at least 3 goals over that timespan. Whether he was attributed a point or not. Once against Tampa Bay and twice against Arizona last night.

He passes the eye test. So I can't agree with you on him at all.
TanSor liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:39 p.m.
Quoting: wabit
I'm a fan and I'm not even sure what the lineup is supposed to be... Addison as a wing, Hartman as the 1C, Fiala dragging around a pickem of dead weight depending on the night, etc.

And yet, we're off to the best start in franchise history.

Go figure. 🤷‍♂️
TanSor liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:40 p.m.
Contribution comes with increased chemistry with your linemates, after you've spent enough time with them.

It's rather disingenuous to insinuate he's not fit to be there without enough sample size to say otherwise. The greater guage of how well he's doing there right now is by the eye test of well he plays there and if he looks out of place at all. Or isn't up to snuff.

By that metric, he looks to be just fine. Because he hasn't looked out of place at all. In fact it was purely because of his hustle and forechecking that he can be directly responsible for at least 3 goals over that timespan. Whether he was attributed a point or not. Once against Tampa Bay and twice against Arizona last night.

He passes the eye test. So I can't agree with you on him at all.

Well when Zuccarello comes back he's not going to get the chance to build chemistry so I guess it doesn't really matter. Such is the life of a bottom six player filling in for injuries.
TanSor liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:43 p.m.
Well when Zuccarello comes back he's not going to get the chance to build chemistry so I guess it doesn't really matter. Such is the life of a bottom six player filling in for injuries.

Yep, he'll go right back to playing on Fiala's wing. Another bottom six player. /sarcasm
TanSor and jnowariak liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:45 p.m.
Yep, he'll go right back to playing on Fiala's wing. Another bottom six player. /sarcasm

Let's not pretend like that's some qualification of Pitlick's caliber of player. Fiala played with a rookie defenseman on his other wing last game. And that was probably a skill level upgrade over most of his linemates the last few years.
TanSor liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:50 p.m.
Let's not pretend like that's some qualification of Pitlick's caliber of player. Fiala played with a rookie defenseman on his other wing last game. And that was probably a skill level upgrade over most of his linemates the last few years.

As opposed to calling someone up from Iowa, and rewarding a kid that had been in the press box the last ten days? Sure whatever you say.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:55 p.m.
As opposed to calling someone up from Iowa, and rewarding a kid that had been in the press box the last ten days? Sure whatever you say.

Not sure what you're getting at here. Regardless of how long Addison had been sitting in the press box, playing a rookie defenseman at the wing is never a good idea.

But the point is that Fiala doesn't get the first, second, or even third consideration when it comes to linemates. So the fact that when Zuccarello comes back, Pitlick is going to be back with Fiala, simply means Pitlick is a spare part with no other place to go. It doesn't mean he's a top six player.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:57 p.m.
Marat Khustnutdinov should also play a prominent role for Russia this year, who Wild grabbed with a 2020 2nd. Looks like he’s slated to be Russia’s 1C.

I wonder how good Russia will be this year. They always send a 19 year old roster.
Which of the 3 D will make Team Canada?
MNCountryClub liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:58 p.m.

Let’s not forget he looked right at home playing the wing, his offensive mindset really complimented Fiala IMO. That’s more an indictment on Evason’s usage of linemates than any player. As for Pitlick, the guy was ppg at the U and was trending that way in Milwaukee. And now he’s got .75 ppg in 12 games in the NHL. I’ll take that guy all day long, especially when you get him for free (might actually be the pickup of the year).
RazWild liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.
Not sure what you're getting at here. Regardless of how long Addison had been sitting in the press box, playing a rookie defenseman at the wing is never a good idea.

But the point is that Fiala doesn't get the first, second, or even third consideration when it comes to linemates. So the fact that when Zuccarello comes back, Pitlick is going to be back with Fiala, simply means Pitlick is a spare part with no other place to go. It doesn't mean he's a top six player.

The linemate thing is literally because the Wild are built on defensive grinders that play a system. Ek or some other fan favorite isn’t what Fiala needs. Pitlick is.
RazWild liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 5:01 p.m.
Quoting: jnowariak
The linemate thing is literally because the Wild are built on defensive grinders that play a system. Ek or some other fan favorite isn’t what Fiala needs. Pitlick is.

You're half right. The lines are because of a system the Wild plays. But Pitlick isn't with Fiala because it's what Fiala needs, Pitlick is with Fiala because when everyone is healthy, he doesn't fit on any of the other lines.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 5:03 p.m.
You're half right. The lines are because of a system the Wild plays. But Pitlick isn't with Fiala because it's what Fiala needs, Pitlick is with Fiala because when everyone is healthy, he doesn't fit on any of the other lines.

Fiala needs offensively minded linemates. Pitlick is offensive minded.

Fiala is also on a 60 pt pace with a 4% shooting pct. Somehow I don’t see a problem here.
RazWild liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 5:05 p.m.
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
I wonder how good Russia will be this year. They always send a 19 year old roster.
Which of the 3 D will make Team Canada?

I think Lambos is a lock, but between Hunt and O Rourke, I’m not sure. I’m not knowledgeable enough on them vs the others in camp. Im curious as well.
Duggysdanglers liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 5:06 p.m.

But the point is that Fiala doesn't get the first, second, or even third consideration when it comes to linemates. So the fact that when Zuccarello comes back, Pitlick is going to be back with Fiala, simply means Pitlick is a spare part with no other place to go.

Per Russo's post game article... this is what I'm getting at.

Quote:
Having no extra forwards, Evason and the staff decided to reward defenseman Calen Addison even after assistant GM Chris O’Hearn walked into the office and was willing to recall a forward from Iowa.

Addison, 21, has been on the roster but hadn’t played since Spurgeon was hurt in Florida 10 days earlier. He didn’t know he was playing, let alone playing wing, until he got to the arena two hours before the game. He got to play on a line with Kevin Fiala and Victor Rask.

Evason said the staff decided not to play Addison as the seventh defenseman because the Wild’s other six defensemen have been playing so well, they didn’t want to rotate Addison in and disrupt that chemistry.

Asked why the Wild simply didn’t recall a forward like Kyle Rau or youngsters Matt Boldy or Adam Beckman, Evason said, “(Addison’s) here, right? He’s here, he’s competed, he’s battled, he’s been practicing every day. He got rewarded for doing all the right things being off the ice.”

And as far as Pitlick goes, my point is that he isn't viewed as some spare part. He would never have been put on Kaprizov's wing if they felt he couldn't handle it.
jnowariak liked this.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 5:08 p.m.
Quoting: jnowariak
Fiala needs offensively minded linemates. Pitlick is offensive minded.

Fiala is also on a 60 pt pace with a 4% shooting pct. Somehow I don’t see a problem here.

Yeah he does need offensive linemates, but if they were putting Fiala and Pitlick together because it's what's best for Fiala or Pitlick or that line or that team, Pitlick wouldn't be filling in for Zuccarello right now, he would still be with Fiala.

Gaudreau, Rask and Pitlick are the spare parts. Kaprizov, Zuccarello, Eriksson Ek, Greenway, Foligno, Sturm and Duhaime all have their spots pretty much solidified. Right now, Hartman is the teams best center, so he got moved up with Kaprizov. That's why Gaudreau, Rask, Bjugstad and Pitlick have been moved around all season. Because they're the spare parts that fit in where they can.
Dec. 1, 2021 at 5:09 p.m.

And as far as Pitlick goes, my point is that he isn't viewed as some spare part. He would never have been put on Kaprizov's wing if they felt he couldn't handle it.

That's exactly what he is, and that's exactly why he's constantly being moved around the lineup after everyone else's place is set. He doesn't have a set spot in the lineup, he is the guy who gets placed where there's an opening. Just because the coaching staff trusts him to play with Kaprizov doesn't mean he's anything more than what I've said he is.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll