SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021/2022 NHL Season Discussion Thread - #7

Dec. 3, 2021 at 5:51 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Sure my team is 6-1 and I got 200 points last week ( only team this year to reach it so far ) but i also did that with Mack, Nurse, Pulock, Ellis injured so playing with a reduced bench, i guess my team is just so deep that i can withstand playing with less players/key players

Must be nice
Dec. 3, 2021 at 5:59 p.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: capsfan2121
Must be nice

Like those delicious goal posts last night
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 6:01 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: IconicHawk
Like those delicious goal posts last night

Hey that was uncalled for but true. Well played. At least we can play half decent and still compete with no second line and more injured
Dec. 3, 2021 at 6:07 p.m.
Tintin over 1122

is the last one offensive if it I will delete it
Saskleaf liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 6:32 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
I mean Tampa didnt have Kucherov sure but with the way Campbell played doubt he would have made a difference as man beast mode Campbell was a wall. Avalanche was only missing Kuemper but was using their backup in Johansson so technically "they were healthy lul, even got MacKinnon back", Pittsburgh does not want to be healthy against Toronto as thats when they always lose. No joke go look at 2019, Beat Toronto without Hornqvist and Rust game 1, game 2 won without Malkin, Game 3 got everyone back but was shutout.

Healthy Islanders vs. Toronto probs ends up being Calgary vs. Toronto with barely any scoring, goes to OT, anyone's guess there. Vegas fully healthy before Eichel yeah with the way they were playing Toronto as lehner at times looks like he cant stop a beachball.

In general as long as Campbell and the Team continues with this new system of play good chance they come out with a win. As it seems Islanders hockey with slightly more emphasis on transitional offense is the new meta lul.

Kucherovs really good tho and I love Campbell. Maybe 5 on 5 its a wash but their pp with kuch on the half wall and Stamkos on the other side is lethal. And they don't have Point either like that's maybe no Matthews and Nylander/Marner/Tavares like their run right now is impressive. They need to run that game again and its this month. Pittsburgh yea iunno wth is going on with that. Avs i'd give mackinnon a game that's like his first game back. I agree it would prolly be like the calgary game with the isles. lol that was an ahl lineup against toronto tho u know. We'll see I think a lot of fans are skeptical that's why there isn't as much hype around the leafs run right now. We can't get tricked again man its like I can't even take chris johnson seriously anymore with his predictions cause columbus and mtl it was like "obvious" and we're here smiling around
MitchMarner_16 liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 6:37 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Dec. 3, 2021 at 6:47 p.m.
Quoting: GarthBrooks
Kucherovs really good tho and I love Campbell. Maybe 5 on 5 its a wash but their pp with kuch on the half wall and Stamkos on the other side is lethal. And they don't have Point either like that's maybe no Matthews and Nylander/Marner/Tavares like their run right now is impressive. They need to run that game again and its this month. Pittsburgh yea iunno wth is going on with that. Avs i'd give mackinnon a game that's like his first game back. I agree it would prolly be like the calgary game with the isles. lol that was an ahl lineup against toronto tho u know. We'll see I think a lot of fans are skeptical that's why there isn't as much hype around the leafs run right now. We can't get tricked again man its like I can't even take chris johnson seriously anymore with his predictions cause columbus and mtl it was like "obvious" and we're here smiling around

mmm even with Kucherov in the lineup that PP had no chance on Campbell. The highlight stops he got were save of the year candidates. And we cant give the Avs a single excuse. MacKinnon was playing fine, the team though yeah you cant leave Matthews in front of the net.

And I really would not compare this team to last years team or the teams before as the style of hockey they are playing is not even close to the way it was in the past. Heck even when they were #1 in the North they were not playing this well. The commitment to defense is rn top 3 in the NHL, goaltending has been good, and they started scoring more than 2 goals once again. Also special teams have been much better than they were in years past. With a style of hockey similar to how other strong defensive teams have played these are usually recipes for success. We will have to see if it continues but hey rn Lebrun is on board along with CJ and Friedman lul and with no signs of slowing down probs will see more and more additions to the squad.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 6:59 p.m.
mmm even with Kucherov in the lineup that PP had no chance on Campbell. The highlight stops he got were save of the year candidates. And we cant give the Avs a single excuse. MacKinnon was playing fine, the team though yeah you cant leave Matthews in front of the net.

And I really would not compare this team to last years team or the teams before as the style of hockey they are playing is not even close to the way it was in the past. Heck even when they were #1 in the North they were not playing this well. The commitment to defense is rn top 3 in the NHL, goaltending has been good, and they started scoring more than 2 goals once again. Also special teams have been much better than they were in years past. With a style of hockey similar to how other strong defensive teams have played these are usually recipes for success. We will have to see if it continues but hey rn Lebrun is on board along with CJ and Friedman lul and with no signs of slowing down probs will see more and more additions to the squad.

You’re right, missing a star player or 2 goalies is no excuse. That’s why the Leafs still easily beat the Habs without Tavares and every Leafs fan loves Hutchinson so much.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 7:07 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Dec. 3, 2021 at 7:28 p.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
You’re right, missing a star player or 2 goalies is no excuse. That’s why the Leafs still easily beat the Habs without Tavares and every Leafs fan loves Hutchinson so much.

2 goalies? Lets be honest Colorado is missing 1 as Francouz has been out since the 2020 playoffs and lets be honest Colorado should have moved on from him during last offseason. Guy just cant stay healthy and I doubt he would be doing any better than Johansen at this point. Plus they won the PC without him so yeah he really seemed to not be missed much. And no Kuemper playing would not make a difference. Guy aint been all that great for Colorado having a 0.903 SV. Heck Johansson before facing Toronto had better numbers than Kuemper lul.

As for Tampa, they were fine without Kucherov last year getting themselves to the playoffs without him. Still put up a good fight though so kudos to them
Dec. 3, 2021 at 7:08 p.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: capsfan2121
Hey that was uncalled for but true. Well played. At least we can play half decent and still compete with no second line and more injured

Hey Ovi hurt Connor Murphy so I guess you can call it divine punishment
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 7:15 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: IconicHawk
Hey Ovi hurt Connor Murphy so I guess you can call it divine punishment

He hurt the post too
Dec. 3, 2021 at 7:44 p.m.
cautious optimism
Quoting: Devil1122
Eichel vs Barkov
Stone vs Huberdeau
Pietrangelo vs Ekblad
Theodore vs Weegar

The term “dream match” is predominately used in a professional wrestling context, so this might be a weird fit to say, but this is a dream match. Knights-Panthers as the SCF would tear the house down every single game.
A_Habs_fan and Devil liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 7:56 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Dec. 3, 2021 at 8:04 p.m.
Eichel vs Barkov
Stone vs Huberdeau
Pietrangelo vs Ekblad
Theodore vs Weegar

I think the greatest matchup would have been 2020-2021 Vegas vs. Tampa

One team wanting to repeat a cup the other having the goal of getting their first cup

Vezina winner Fleury vs. Wall Vasilevskiy
Stone vs. Kucherov
Pacioretty vs. Killorn
Pietrangelo vs. Hedman
Karlsson vs. Gourde

Heck even now

Stone vs. Kucherov
Eichel vs. Point
Pacioretty vs. Killorn
Pietrangelo vs. Hedman
Devil liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 8:04 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

Hughes and Mercer smirk

(and Hughes finally back at center)
Dec. 3, 2021 at 8:18 p.m.
2 goalies? Lets be honest Colorado is missing 1 as Francouz has been out since the 2020 playoffs and lets be honest Colorado should have moved on from him during last offseason. Guy just cant stay healthy and I doubt he would be doing any better than Johansen at this point. Plus they won the PC without him so yeah he really seemed to not be missed much. And no Kuemper playing would not make a difference. Guy aint been all that great for Colorado having a 0.903 SV. Heck Johansson before facing Toronto had better numbers than Kuemper lul.

As for Tampa, they were fine without Kucherov last year getting themselves to the playoffs without him. Still put up a good fight though so kudos to them

My point is you’re being hypocritical. You don’t get to complain about your 3rd best player being injured and that’s why you lost multiple games to a bad team in a playoff series you should have still easily won, and then invalidate barely beating a team missing their actual best player, who is arguably a top 3 player in the league. You can’t complain about losing games with 2 goalies injured and having your 3rd stringer in net and then pretend like that doesn’t affect other teams. Especially because Hutchinson is better than Johansson lol, JJ is terrible. Also Francouz is a career .923 in the NHL, he’s only played like 35 games or something because of injuries, but don’t pretend like he’s bad, he’s a perfectly capable backup when healthy, and the Avs are too cap strapped to spend more than 2mil on a backup, and they especially can’t spend money on another backup with 2mil committed to Francouz, so that whole comment was just stupid.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 8:26 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Hughes and Mercer smirk

(and Hughes finally back at center)

To bad Bernier decided to be beachball phobic tonight.
Devil liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 8:43 p.m.
I make typos
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
It's only a rental if you don't resign him. There's such things as trading for a pending UFA and then resigning him

they have to sign JP and yamo and McLoed in the offseason with minimal cap space
Dec. 3, 2021 at 8:46 p.m.
Quoting: oilersguy
they have to sign JP and yamo and McLoed in the offseason with minimal cap space

Yamo and McLeod won’t cost much, I’d be surprised if they got significant raises, maybe 2.5mil combined max. Koskinen’s gone, you get a little space from Turris and Russell walking, and you can always dump Kassian as well.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 9:27 p.m.
Random question: Has anybody else read Burke's Law?
Dec. 3, 2021 at 9:30 p.m.
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Random question: Has anybody else read Burke's Law?

No, hate the dude lol.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 9:33 p.m.
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
No, hate the dude lol.

I'm no fan either, but I still thought it would be an interesting read. The reason I ask the question is because there's a certain section in there about the drafting of the Sedins (specifically the trade maneuvers to make that possible) that just baffles me a little and I was wondering if anybody else felt the same.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 9:51 p.m.
I make typos
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
No, hate the dude lol.

same, don't believe for a second that he would drafted Reilly over yak, he is just saying that after yak busted
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 9:53 p.m.
I make typos
Kailer Yamamoto has 48 family members in attendance for his first NHL game in his home state.
zk97 liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 9:56 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
To bad Bernier decided to be beachball phobic tonight.

6 goals allowed in two periods...
Dec. 3, 2021 at 10:17 p.m.
Edited Dec. 3, 2021 at 10:23 p.m.
Quoting: oilersguy
same, don't believe for a second that he would drafted Reilly over yak, he is just saying that after yak busted

I 100% believe that he would've done that. Burke is a big 'character guy' and Yak was a prick during his draft interview with the Leafs.

Also, pretty sure he said that they had Rielly ranked 1st on the day of the draft, so unless Yakupov was considered a bust the moment he got picked...
BuFfaLOFaN liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 10:26 p.m.
I make typos
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
I 100% believe that he would've done that. Burke is a big 'character guy' and Yak was a prick during his draft interview with the Leafs.

Also, pretty sure he said that they had Rielly ranked 1st on the day of the draft, so unless Yakupov was considered a bust the moment he got picked...

that is what he says

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll