SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Will Tavares re-sign?

How likely do you think it is that John Tavares re-signs with the islanders?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 21, 2017 at 8:52 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
So, you can vote for how likely it is that Tavares re-signs. I won't vote, but i'll say that i think 50/50.
Mar. 21, 2017 at 9:24 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
He's coming to Toronto Sticking Out Tongue

Jk prob 90% and up he will re-sign
Mar. 21, 2017 at 10:34 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Leafs

Ok, thanks for voting!
But i'd have to say, i think there's a 50% chance he re-signs but about a 45% chance he ends up with the leafs.
In my opinion, it's pretty much Islanders vs. Maple Leafs to see who gets him. Maaayybe OTT, MTL, or PHI.
Mar. 22, 2017 at 1:00 p.m.
I think he moves on. NYI really aren't a good team now or in the future. I think he goes to a team with a lot more upside like a Toronto. They are going to be real legit players for a CUP run and at the end of the day I think Tavares will go after a CUP instead of the most money,
Mar. 22, 2017 at 1:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: NobodyCares
I think he moves on. NYI really aren't a good team now or in the future. I think he goes to a team with a lot more upside like a Toronto. They are going to be real legit players for a CUP run and at the end of the day I think Tavares will go after a CUP instead of the most money,

Wait so you voted for no, he won't re-sign. So 2 votes for 90%+, 1 for 70-89, and one for no, he won't re-sign. Oh, and the reason they aren't a good team is bc Garth Snow is the GM i think. So if they aren't a good team, why get even worse without Tavares? Islanders, please fire Garth Snow!
Mar. 25, 2017 at 3:05 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Wait so you voted for no, he won't re-sign. So 2 votes for 90%+, 1 for 70-89, and one for no, he won't re-sign. Oh, and the reason they aren't a good team is bc Garth Snow is the GM i think. So if they aren't a good team, why get even worse without Tavares? Islanders, please fire Garth Snow!

Yeah I agree Garth Snow is terrible. They should have just looked at that Dipietro contract and been like, okay Garth you're obviously crazy, it's time for you to move on or get demoted. Instead he's basically run your team into the ground. You've had top picks, but haven't got good players. Ryan Strome 5th, Griffin Reinhart 4th, Michael Dal Colle 5th.... those guys are bad, not just for top 5 picks but just compared to average NHLers. Good thing you moved on from Reinhart, that was one good move by Snow. Got a decent haul for him too... was that how you got Beauvillier? I mean Garth Snow is getting better, but it's about freakin time. I don't think I'll ever get over that Vanek trade. A first, second and comparable player in Moulson for Vanek? Then you trade Vanek for a bad prospect and conditional 2nd round pick? That's worse than anything I've ever seen on here and we regularly tell each other we're being unrealistic with deals. I can't believe he's still confident after making a blunder that bad, he must just be a delusional jackass.
Mar. 25, 2017 at 3:07 p.m.

I voted No he won't resign because I think he'll pull a Parise type move. He'll go close to home in Toronto.
Mar. 25, 2017 at 4:47 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
So do you think they trade him or do you think they lose him for nothing?
Also, if i could re-draft, yeah, those 3 guys would go lower, but they'd still all be 1st round picks if i could re-draft those years.
Mar. 25, 2017 at 6:16 p.m.
Also, if i could re-draft, yeah, those 3 guys would go lower, but they'd still all be 1st round picks if i could re-draft those years.

I think they lose him for nothing. I think they value him so much that they won't trade him, but in reality why does he, the player, value the Islanders so much? You think he'll take less money or equal money to stay on a team where he's the only great player and he has no real tangible chance for a cup? If he goes to Toronto they become an instant Cup contender. Maybe even the favorite in the east. If he stays with the Islanders he's got barely any chance at a cup and will probably retire without even playing in the finals for one. I just don't see how the Islanders are going to magically go from a team in the middle of the pack to being a top tier team. They don't have the young prospects that look dominant and they are signing stinky old veterans like Chimera and Ladd. It's just not a good strategy and your only real chance at keeping him is if he likes where he lives and wants to stay there. I just wouldn't be able to believe that he'd stay there because he thought that was his best chance to win a Stanley Cup with Garth Snow as the GM.
Mar. 25, 2017 at 6:27 p.m.
NBABound
Quoting: Jarvis

Yeah that's what I was thinking.
Mar. 25, 2017 at 8:05 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Mr_cap
Quoting: Jarvis

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

So are you saying 90%+ he re-signs?
Mar. 25, 2017 at 8:05 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I think they lose him for nothing. I think they value him so much that they won't trade him, but in reality why does he, the player, value the Islanders so much? You think he'll take less money or equal money to stay on a team where he's the only great player and he has no real tangible chance for a cup? If he goes to Toronto they become an instant Cup contender. Maybe even the favorite in the east. If he stays with the Islanders he's got barely any chance at a cup and will probably retire without even playing in the finals for one. I just don't see how the Islanders are going to magically go from a team in the middle of the pack to being a top tier team. They don't have the young prospects that look dominant and they are signing stinky old veterans like Chimera and Ladd. It's just not a good strategy and your only real chance at keeping him is if he likes where he lives and wants to stay there. I just wouldn't be able to believe that he'd stay there because he thought that was his best chance to win a Stanley Cup with Garth Snow as the GM.

Yeah, i think it's likely they lose him for nothing, but mostly just cause Garth Snow is the GM.
Mar. 25, 2017 at 10:34 p.m.

Yeah, i think it's likely they lose him for nothing, but mostly just cause Garth Snow is the GM.

Maybe if you place a call into Garth Snow you can change his mind and get him to trade Tavares. I just don't see how the Islanders could pass up the amount of value they would receive for him when you take into account that he may just walk out the door for nothing.
Mar. 25, 2017 at 11:36 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Maybe if you place a call into Garth Snow you can change his mind and get him to trade Tavares. I just don't see how the Islanders could pass up the amount of value they would receive for him when you take into account that he may just walk out the door for nothing.

Well, i think the main thing that's stopping him from re-signing is Garth Snow. no joke.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit