Who won the trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Dec. 2, 2021 at 2:00 p.m.
Trade confirmed: Buffalo Sabres - Chicago Blackhawks
Trade Details
Buffalo Sabres Acquire:
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
Malcolm Subban · $0$850,000$950,000 (AHL/JR)
Sum: $0$850,000$950,000
Change: $0
Change: +$850,000
Change: +$950,000
Chicago Blackhawks Acquire:
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
Future Considerations
Sum: $0$0$0
Change: $0
Change: -$850,000
Change: -$950,000
Dec. 2, 2021 at 2:05 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Great trade. Also I believe there is a circle for goalies between the knights, sabres and hawks. Example Robin and now Malcom
Dec. 2, 2021 at 2:06 p.m.
exo2769
I'm happy for both sides
Dec. 2, 2021 at 2:06 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Cool but how does this affect the Leafs?
exo2769, A_Habs_fan, AMBA2007 and 11 others liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 2:07 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
this is gonna change the whole franchise
oilersfan150 liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 2:08 p.m.
Daws is underrated
Sabres for the cup, subban for the vezina
oilersfan150, weirfanno1, capfriendlyaccount and 2 others liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 2:13 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Subban wins as he gets away from the atomic crater known as the Blackhawks organization.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 2:22 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: AndrewLadd

Subban was originally acquired by the Blackhawks through a previous trade, which saw Robin Lehner being traded from Chicago to Vegas, in exchange for the aforementioned Subban, a 2020 second round pick (which was used by Chicago to select goaltender Drew Commesso), and Stanislav Demin, a left wing prospect currently playing for the University of Massachusetts in NCAA.

Toronto's role in this trade was acquiring Lehner from Chicago with his contract 50% retained, and subsequently trading him to Vegas at 50% retained, allowing Vegas to have the player on their roster for only 25% of his original cap hit. Toronto also sent right wing prospect Martins Dzierkals to Vegas, who is currently playing for HC Plzen in Czech Extraliga. For Toronto's retention, Vegas sent them a 2025 5th round pick.

Toronto would later use this pick in a trade with the Florida Panthers, wherein they traded it, along with a 2020 7th pick, to acquire Florida's 5th round pick to draft forward Dmitri Ovchinnikov, who currently splits games between the KHL and MHL in Russia. Florida would use the 5th round pick they received to draft defenseman Kasper Puutio, currently in Liiga. Florida used the 7th round pick they received to draft goaltender Devon Levi, who currently plays in NCAA and has been notable for his performance in the 2020 World Juniors, wherein he won gold with Canada.

Devon Levi is currently with Sabre, as he was apart of a trade which saw him and a conditional 2022 1st round pick being traded to Buffalo by Florida, in exchange for forward Sam Reinhart.

Malcolm Subban will likely be the Buffalo Sabres backup for the foreseeable future, as Aaron Dell has proved ineffective for the role with Craig Anderson unavailable and Dustin Tokarski retaining the starter position. As Toronto is currently higher in the standings than Buffalo, it is unlikely Subban will see game time against the Maple Leafs, unless circumstances closer to the dates of their upcoming games (the next closest being March 2nd), render other goaltending options unavailable, or his performance whilst on the Sabres deems him a suitable starter for the game.

In short, you asked.
capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan, AMBA2007 and 23 others liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 2:41 p.m.
Quoting: mondo
Subban was originally acquired by the Blackhawks through a previous trade, which saw Robin Lehner being traded from Chicago to Vegas, in exchange for the aforementioned Subban, a 2020 second round pick (which was used by Chicago to select goaltender Drew Commesso), and Stanislav Demin, a left wing prospect currently playing for the University of Massachusetts in NCAA.

Toronto's role in this trade was acquiring Lehner from Chicago with his contract 50% retained, and subsequently trading him to Vegas at 50% retained, allowing Vegas to have the player on their roster for only 25% of his original cap hit. Toronto also sent right wing prospect Martins Dzierkals to Vegas, who is currently playing for HC Plzen in Czech Extraliga. For Toronto's retention, Vegas sent them a 2025 5th round pick.

Toronto would later use this pick in a trade with the Florida Panthers, wherein they traded it, along with a 2020 7th pick, to acquire Florida's 5th round pick to draft forward Dmitri Ovchinnikov, who currently splits games between the KHL and MHL in Russia. Florida would use the 5th round pick they received to draft defenseman Kasper Puutio, currently in Liiga. Florida used the 7th round pick they received to draft goaltender Devon Levi, who currently plays in NCAA and has been notable for his performance in the 2020 World Juniors, wherein he won gold with Canada.

Devon Levi is currently with Sabre, as he was apart of a trade which saw him and a conditional 2022 1st round pick being traded to Buffalo by Florida, in exchange for forward Sam Reinhart.

Malcolm Subban will likely be the Buffalo Sabres backup for the foreseeable future, as Aaron Dell has proved ineffective for the role with Craig Anderson unavailable and Dustin Tokarski retaining the starter position. As Toronto is currently higher in the standings than Buffalo, it is unlikely Subban will see game time against the Maple Leafs, unless circumstances closer to the dates of their upcoming games (the next closest being March 2nd), render other goaltending options unavailable, or his performance whilst on the Sabres deems him a suitable starter for the game.

In short, you asked.

Lmao
AMBA2007, weirfanno1, capsfan2121 and 4 others liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 2:54 p.m.
sensonfire
Future considerations.

AKA Diddly Squat

Buffalo Wins.
capsfan2121 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 2:55 p.m.
IamAlwaysRight

In short, you asked.

This made my lunch break lol
weirfanno1, capsfan2121, Saskleaf and 4 others liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 3:03 p.m.
cautious optimism
Future Considerations can't keep a team longer than 5 minutes, it seems. A real shame: a player of his talents would be of great use to a team that understands his worth.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 3:04 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer

In short, you asked.

I wish I had that kind of free time
weirfanno1, KSIxSKULLS, capsfan2121 and 7 others liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 3:19 p.m.

They play in the same division. So if Subban turn into a Vezina trophy caliber (wink wink) they may detrone the Leafs in the division (again wink wink) and then another first round exit.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 3:25 p.m.
torontos finest
I wish I had that kind of free time

sorry for being cursed with knowledge
capsfan2121, LeafsForLife, capfriendlyaccount and 2 others liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 3:27 p.m.
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
Subban wins as he gets away from the atomic crater known as the Blackhawks organization.

Hey guys, I need some help carrying out these 6 Stanley Cups I found at the bottom of this atomic crater.
capsfan2121, oilersguy and Willwin9 liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 3:31 p.m.
WentWughes
I'd rather the contract spot

Chicago wins
Aussie_Blackhawk liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 3:37 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Man this Future Considerations guy has gotten popular these days.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 3:43 p.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Quoting: HiddenValley
Hey guys, I need some help carrying out these 6 Stanley Cups I found at the bottom of this atomic crater.

Hey, enjoy those cups, but I wouldn’t want to be in an organization trying to recover from the last few months events.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 3:46 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Hey, enjoy those cups, but I wouldn’t want to be in an organization trying to recover from the last few months events.

Nice burn
Dec. 2, 2021 at 3:53 p.m.
MOVE THE COYOTES
This seems okay.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 4:31 p.m.
Nah.

They already cancelled the Hossa celebration event. I have to imagine every official mention/ celebration of the Quenneville era cups is going to be...uncomfortable.

At least they got the 1934 cup.
capsfan2121 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 5:58 p.m.
Lifelong Leafs Fan
"Future Considerations" seems to be well-known and wanted. You'd have to be if you were in each of the last 4 trades. Lol
capsfan2121 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 2, 2021 at 7:10 p.m.
I make typos
I don't understand they couldn't get at least like a 6th for him
capsfan2121 and Jco5ta5 liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 6:51 a.m.
Hawks Fan
Do we ever find out who and what the future considerations are? Like does the GM just call up the other GM and is like “I’m calling in a favor. I’m gonna need that 7th round pick.”
Willwin9 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit