Forums/Armchair-GM

goalie

Created by: DirtyDangle
Team: 2021-22 Colorado Avalanche
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 3, 2021
Published: Dec. 3, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
if franky or kuemper can't stay healthy.
Trades
MTL
  1. Murray, Ryan
  2. 2022 3rd round pick (COL)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
Logo of the COL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$78,243,963$1,741,463$3,350,000$3,256,037
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 8
$6,300,000$6,300,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$9,250,000$9,250,000
RW, C
UFA - 4
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$908,333$908,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,075,000$1,075,000
RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
UFA - 3
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 6
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 6
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$2,875,000$2,875,000
G
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 3, 2021 at 11:20 a.m.
Nothing valuable going to MTL
Murray is useless because he becomes a UFA
A 3rd is far from enough for Allen
Shanesaw9 liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 11:29 a.m.
retired
Quoting: GMs

allen cost a 3rd when he was younger and a .927 goalie. he's now a .907 goalie. a 3rd is fair.
murrays good enough to play in the habs top 6.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 11:32 a.m.
Habs 2010

What @GMs said above.

I think Pittsburgh would be a good fit for Allen. DeSmith doesn't have a win this year, and although Jarry is playing great their was a strong narrative that they lost faith in him after last year playoffs. Allen would be cheap goaltending insurance for them (plus he probably impressed in the win vs PIT when he faced 50 shots).

I'd bet they could get a 2nd and a minor prospect like Poulin or Legare.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 11:34 a.m.
Rak Wraithraiser
Quoting: DirtyDangle
allen cost a 3rd when he was younger and a .927 goalie. he's now a .907 goalie. a 3rd is fair.

You're gonna have to up your offer. There's no way Habs trade Allen for Murray (Who's going UFA) & and 3rd.

Allen is playing some good hockey considering that our team is absolute trash and there's no one helping him in defense. Also, Price is hurt and our goalie in the meantime would be Montembeault, **** that.
Shanesaw9 and GMs liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 11:34 a.m.
Habs 2010

He's now a .907 on a terrible team in which he is overworked... and he cost a 3rd when he was making $4.35M he now makes $2.875M.

So what if Murray can play in their top 6 he likely walks if they don't flip him.

How would MTL benefit in any way by getting that kind of return for Allen?
GalchyTheBeast27 and GMs liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 11:44 a.m.
retired
Quoting: GalchyTheBeast27
You're gonna have to up your offer. There's no way Habs trade Allen for Murray (Who's going UFA) & and 3rd.

Allen is playing some good hockey considering that our team is absolute trash and there's no one helping him in defense. Also, Price is hurt and our goalie in the meantime would be Montembeault, **** that.

historically goalies don't have the value you think they do. no way he gets a 2nd unless he plays significantly better.

Quoting: Shanesaw9
He's now a .907 on a terrible team in which he is overworked... and he cost a 3rd when he was making $4.35M he now makes $2.875M.

So what if Murray can play in their top 6 he likely walks if they don't flip him.

How would MTL benefit in any way by getting that kind of return for Allen?

so he was more expensive and playing a lot better and younger. those more of less cancel each other out.

habs benefit with getting a draft pick and $2.5m in cap space next season. they are up against the cap already for next season.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 11:47 a.m.
Habs 2010
historically goalies don't have the value you think they do. no way he gets a 2nd unless he plays significantly better.

so he was more expensive and playing a lot better and younger. those more of less cancel each other out.

habs benefit with getting a draft pick and $2.5m in cap space next season. they are up against the cap already for next season.

So why are they trading for Murray if they don't have cap space to resign him then (that's what you are insinuating by saying MTL benefits from moving Allen).

You say Murray + 3rd, I say a 2nd + Legare... is there really much of a difference? In the Pittsburgh deal I'd probably sweeten it by taking DeSmith back (cap reasons) and giving them Paquette.

I don't think the value in your trade is far off its just not a fit for MTL.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 11:53 a.m.
retired
So why are they trading for Murray if they don't have cap space to resign him then (that's what you are insinuating by saying MTL benefits from moving Allen).

You say Murray + 3rd, I say a 2nd + Legare... is there really much of a difference? In the Pittsburgh deal I'd probably sweeten it by taking DeSmith back (cap reasons) and giving them Paquette.

I don't think the value in your trade is far off its just not a fit for MTL.

they have to take murray to make the cap work. most teams are pushed up against the cap this year, especially contenders. and yes there is a difference between a 3rd and 2nd.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 11:55 a.m.
Rak Wraithraiser

Murray brings nothing to the table for Montreal. They don't need a rental back. It just doesn't make sense for Montreal to trade their only competent goaltender who's not injured right now. They won't tank on purpose, that's not how they do things. You need to change the structure of your offer if you want Allen because it doesn't make any sense for Montreal.
Shanesaw9 liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:04 p.m.
Habs 2010
they have to take murray to make the cap work. most teams are pushed up against the cap this year, especially contenders. and yes there is a difference between a 3rd and 2nd.

I know they would have to take Murray to make the cap work, but that's thinking of things from Colorado's perspective you aren't asking yourself how this benefits MTL.

Murray = 2nd, 3rd = Legare,,, was my thinking

You're still missing the point MTL doesn't need to trade Allen under any circumstances so why would they give him away for a "3rd"...
GalchyTheBeast27 and GMs liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:08 p.m.
retired
Murray = 2nd, 3rd = Legare,,, was my thinking

You're missing the point still MTL doesn't need to trade Allen under any circumstances so why would they give him away for a "3rd"...

murray's only worth a 4th/5th.

habs don't need to trade him maybe they keep him for a year and take the 3rd next year instead. that said habs have to move some salary next season as they barley have enough cap space to ice a full roster if they don't
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:16 p.m.
Habs 2010
murray's only worth a 4th/5th.

habs don't need to trade him maybe they keep him for a year and take the 3rd next year instead. that said habs have to move some salary next season as they barley have enough cap space to ice a full roster if they don't

Ok... this are my final thoughts on this because you are missing the point entirely.

1. Habs will sell Chiarot and replace him with Guhle next season. That alone is enough to allow MTL to Ice the same crappy roster if they choose next year but they will obviously move / sell some more pieces which leads me to my next point...

2. MTL does not have to trade Jake Allen. What is a late 3rd round pick to MTL? It's nothing (compared tk the value Allen provides MTL), MTL has drafted like 40+ players in the last 3 years and has a bunch of picks this year already - they need quality not quantity.

3. Why would MTL do a contender any favors... this trade simply doesn't benefit MTL, it's not worth it. That's all there is to it, the package makes no sense. This is a case of you trying to make a trade work because it makes sense for COL but you aren't thinking about MTL side of it.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:20 p.m.
Ok... this are my final thoughts on this because you are missing the point entirely.

1. Habs will sell Chiarot and replace him with Guhle next season. That alone is enough to allow MTL to Ice the same crappy roster if they choose next year but they will obviously move / sell some more pieces which leads me to my next point...

2. MTL does not have to trade Jake Allen. What is a late 3rd round pick to MTL? It's nothing (compared tk the value Allen provides MTL), MTL has drafted like 40+ players in the last 3 years and has a bunch of picks this year already - they need quality not quantity.

3. Why would MTL do a contender any favors... this trade simply doesn't benefit MTL, it's not worth it. That's all there is to it, the package makes no sense. This is a case of you trying to make a trade work because it makes sense for COL but you aren't thinking about MTL side of it.

He is just screwing with Habs fans. He loves doing that, he realized Allen is better than he thought, so he is using is save % to try too lower is value even if Allen is playing on a crappy team. Vasilevskiy wouldn’t have a 920+ save % if he was playing for the Habs. I disagree with Legare worth a 3rd, he is worth around a 2nd RD pick IMO. Poulin & Legare are PIT best forward prospects
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:23 p.m.
retired

i'm not missing the point i just don't agree with your point

1. habs are up against the cap even if all they do is sign their own rfas. they don't have to make a trade but it would be a tight fit.

2. i already said habs don't have to trade allen. it's beneficial if they do but not necessary. a late 3rd was his value years ago and i haven't seen a good reason why he's worth more now. even if he's a bit cheaper, he's still older and playing poorer. habs needing better prospects has nothing to do with allen's value. that's a separate issue.

3. why would the avs do montreal any favors by giving them a pick and cap space. it benefits both teams. that's how trades work. primeau comes up, habs get to draft a prospects and save almost $3m.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:26 p.m.
retired
He is just screwing with Habs fans. He loves doing that, he realized Allen is better than he thought, so he is using is save % to try too lower is value even if Allen is playing on a crappy team. Vasilevskiy wouldn’t have a 920+ save % if he was playing for the Habs. I disagree with Legare worth a 3rd, he is worth around a 2nd RD pick IMO. Poulin & Legare are PIT best forward prospects

there's just a few habs fans that are out to lunch on how good their players are and what they're worth. for some reason they think the other person is always wrong rolling eyes. i based it on allens previous value not sure where other habs fans are getting the 2nd + prospect value from. they ask for it but can't justify it.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:56 p.m.
Habs 2010
i'm not missing the point i just don't agree with your point

1. habs are up against the cap even if all they do is sign their own rfas. they don't have to make a trade but it would be a tight fit.

2. i already said habs don't have to trade allen. it's beneficial if they do but not necessary. a late 3rd was his value years ago and i haven't seen a good reason why he's worth more now. even if he's a bit cheaper, he's still older and playing poorer. habs needing better prospects has nothing to do with allen's value. that's a separate issue.

3. why would the avs do montreal any favors by giving them a pick and cap space. it benefits both teams. that's how trades work. primeau comes up, habs get to draft a prospects and save almost $3m.

1. Tight fit? Sure, but under no circumstances do the habs have to move salary for the sake of moving salary. You have no point here, it shouldn't even need to be discussed.

2. MTL paid a 3rd round pick to get Allen LAST YEAR (not years go this literally just happened). I seem to recall a pandemic taking place forcing a flat salary cap and internal budget restrictions on most teams across the NHL. STL in particular had to move Allen due to cap reasons and there wasn't much of a market for a backup goalie making $4.35M (because literally no one had cap space) so MTL took advantage and got him for a 3rd round pick. Bergevin immediately signed Allen to a 2 year extension at more reasonable cap hit, hence why Allen's value has gone up.

3. Because that is the price to pay if you want to buy Allen from MTL. Dude it isn't that simple... a 3rd and $2.8M in cap space in exchange for Allen is meaningless to MTL right now.

You're missing the point... not a single habs fan here is supporting your offer yet you continue to argue. Just accept that MTL isn't interested in trading Allen for a 3rd round pick.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 1:09 p.m.
retired
1. Tight fit? Sure, but under no circumstances do the habs have to move salary for the sake of moving salary. You have no point here, it shouldn't even need to be discussed.

2. MTL paid a 3rd round pick to get Allen LAST YEAR (not years go this literally just happened). I seem to recall a pandemic taking place forcing a flat salary cap and internal budget restrictions on most teams across the NHL. STL in particular had to move Allen due to cap reasons and there wasn't much of a market for a backup goalie making $4.35M (because literally no one had cap space) so MTL took advantage and got him for a 3rd round pick. Bergevin immediately signed Allen to a 2 year extension at more reasonable cap hit, hence why Allen's value has gone up.

3. Because that is the price to pay if you want to buy Allen from MTL. Dude it isn't that simple... a 3rd and $2.8M in cap space in exchange for Allen is meaningless to MTL right now.

You're missing the point... not a single habs fan here is supporting your offer yet you continue to argue. Just accept that MTL isn't interested in trading Allen for a 3rd round pick.

1. thats exactly what i just said. i'm glad you agree. they dont have to move salary but why pay top dollar for a basement feeder. dump salary and get picks.

2. the flat cap and internal budgets are still in place so just like you said that limits buyers. so i'm gald you agree here too. now you are right that he's cheaper but you ignore that he's also older and playing worse. so once you get that you'll be on the same page. so you almost got it.

3. the market sets the price and based on the market he's worth a 3rd. you can ask for the moon but in the end his contract will just expire and someone gets him on the free market. maybe that's the route the habs want to go, so be it. gives time for primeau to work on his game.

you're almost getting the point now.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 4:28 p.m.
there's just a few habs fans that are out to lunch on how good their players are and what they're worth. for some reason they think the other person is always wrong rolling eyes. i based it on allens previous value not sure where other habs fans are getting the 2nd + prospect value from. they ask for it but can't justify it.

2nd + decent prospect is too much
But why Allen have more value than previously is because of is performance in MTL and that he is making 2.85M instead of 4.35M. Considering the Blues had too shred cap + it was a big year for the UFA goaltenders. Is that enough why Allen is worth a 2nd RD pick minimum or solid prospect + mid/late pick

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll