Forums/Armchair-GM

Lines vs Devils should be

Created by: Z0ra
Team: 2021-22 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 3, 2021
Published: Dec. 3, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I don't think Maurice will even use these lines. But this is what should be done. Also I predict if the Jets lose tonight, Maurice will get fired the next day.

Wheeler doesn't belong in a top-six role anymore. Also Connor and Dubois together is deadly. Also we should give Gus an opportunity at the NHL level and probably put Nash on waivers.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$82,031,313$145,122$907,500-$531,313
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,640,000$3,640,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
UFA - 7
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 3
$3,900,000$3,900,000
LD
UFA - 3
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$725,000$725,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 3, 2021 at 11:45 a.m.
Jet69
Mo says “hold my beer”
tsyls and Z0ra liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 11:47 a.m.
This looks about right to everyone besides Maurice lol. Man I wish they would call gus up, we need him on our PK bad.

I think even if jets lose tonight, Maurice will stay. I think the one time they’d consider firing him is during Olympic break, only because there’s time to implement a new system. But if they lose tonight, and Sunday, they can’t wait any longer. My only concern is that it’s not just Maurice that needs to go. The whole coaching staff needs to go as the PP and PK are awful and run by the assistants. Maybe Moose coach comes up as interim? Potentially Kompon but that defeats the purpose of firing coaches.
Z0ra liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:04 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: tsyls
This looks about right to everyone besides Maurice lol. Man I wish they would call gus up, we need him on our PK bad.

I think even if jets lose tonight, Maurice will stay. I think the one time they’d consider firing him is during Olympic break, only because there’s time to implement a new system. But if they lose tonight, and Sunday, they can’t wait any longer. My only concern is that it’s not just Maurice that needs to go. The whole coaching staff needs to go as the PP and PK are awful and run by the assistants. Maybe Moose coach comes up as interim? Potentially Kompon but that defeats the purpose of firing coaches.

I do see that happening, I keep forgetting about the Olympic break.

I kinda thought about what happened to the Blackhawks when they fired Colliton. Immediately after they went on a winning streak. I was thinking that type of scenario could occur.
tsyls liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:11 p.m.
Been a long time since last Devils game in Winnipeg. We have a new coach, new GM, and only returning 5 players from that last game. But we still stink, so feel free the rest your best players.
tsyls liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:12 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I would like to see Gus between wheeler and stastny and harkins to get more of an opportunity, going to need someone to probably replace copp, battle between harkins/svech/Tom/vase. I like Lowry but probably best between two physical kids over any sort of offensive line.
tsyls liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:15 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Been a long time since last Devils game in Winnipeg. We have a new coach, new GM, and only returning 5 players from that last game. But we still stink, so feel free the rest your best players.

Made a deal with the devil, lifting all those cups by trapping, and riding some hall of fame blue liners and tender. Amazing how many college kids got paid after there time in jersey. Doing a lot of things right, but just can’t seem to get anything going yet, I’m sure coming soon.
tsyls liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:22 p.m.
Quoting: christianyog
I do see that happening, I keep forgetting about the Olympic break.

I kinda thought about what happened to the Blackhawks when they fired Colliton. Immediately after they went on a winning streak. I was thinking that type of scenario could occur.

I definitely think a new face and voice would provide a jump to the group. I just don't see TNSE making a coaching change unless they're able to bring in who they want and implement the new systems without hiccups. Seems like what they'd do at the olympic break. But like I mentioned, if the team continues to slump, you can't waste anymore time. If we lose tonight and sunday he has to be gone. I just am unsure how they'd take the next step after firing him. Kompon is away from the team but would be the logical interim, the other assistants are part of the Jets system issues, and bringing in a new coach with new assistants without time is super hard. Just a tough spot to be in for the Jets.

Quoting: Birtle34
I would like to see Gus between wheeler and stastny and harkins to get more of an opportunity, going to need someone to probably replace copp, battle between harkins/svech/Tom/vase. I like Lowry but probably best between two physical kids over any sort of offensive line.

Apparently there was already long-term contract discussions had between the Jets and Copp prior to the season, so I could see him staying unless he prices himself out (could definitely happen). If he does price himself out, Perfetti IMO jumps into his spot. But if Maurice is still around I feel like he'll put Harkins there.
Birtle34 liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:24 p.m.

Is Jack playing tonight? I haven't been able to see him play at all this year so I'd love to watch him. Also super curious to see how Dougie looks as a devil, he was one of my preferred off-season targets.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:36 p.m.
Made a deal with the devil, lifting all those cups by trapping, and riding some hall of fame blue liners and tender. Amazing how many college kids got paid after there time in jersey. Doing a lot of things right, but just can’t seem to get anything going yet, I’m sure coming soon.

Hey, thanks for remembering.

The trap was really an overblown thing.

In 1993-94, the Devils had #2 offense in league (led by 78-pt season by Scott Stevens). The Devils then used the trap a bunch in 1995 playoffs and continued in 1995-96 season. But it was largely phased out by 1996-97. From 1997-2002, the Devils were again top-2 in NHL in goals for. The mid-to-late 2000s were more defensive teams, but mostly because Brodeur was at top of his game.
Birtle34 liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:38 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I definitely think a new face and voice would provide a jump to the group. I just don't see TNSE making a coaching change unless they're able to bring in who they want and implement the new systems without hiccups. Seems like what they'd do at the olympic break. But like I mentioned, if the team continues to slump, you can't waste anymore time. If we lose tonight and sunday he has to be gone. I just am unsure how they'd take the next step after firing him. Kompon is away from the team but would be the logical interim, the other assistants are part of the Jets system issues, and bringing in a new coach with new assistants without time is super hard. Just a tough spot to be in for the Jets.

Apparently there was already long-term contract discussions had between the Jets and Copp prior to the season, so I could see him staying unless he prices himself out (could definitely happen). If he does price himself out, Perfetti IMO jumps into his spot. But if Maurice is still around I feel like he'll put Harkins there.

Somebody buying copp for a Hyman type deal, just don’t see the math at the moment unless there’s dman moved, perfetti probably fits the copp hole in top 6, was kind of going off the copps past life of a Lowry sidekick and harkins or some other physical youth to fill it. Might not be Maurice choice if the season stays mediocre.
tsyls liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:41 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Hey, thanks for remembering.

The trap was really an overblown thing.

In 1993-94, the Devils had #2 offense in league (led by 78-pt season by Scott Stevens). The Devils then used the trap a bunch in 1995 playoffs and continued in 1995-96 season. But it was largely phased out by 1996-97. From 1997-2002, the Devils were again top-2 in NHL in goals for. The mid-to-late 2000s were more defensive teams, but mostly because Brodeur was at top of his game.

Won a few playoff hockey drafts with the high scoring of the Dallas stars and the longevity of the devils playoff runs. Always have respect for the devils and going from a Mickey Mouse franchise ala Wayne Gretzky, to a bunch of banners and thought of different ever since. Compensation for shanahan worked out all right.
tsyls liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:48 p.m.
Is Jack playing tonight? I haven't been able to see him play at all this year so I'd love to watch him. Also super curious to see how Dougie looks as a devil, he was one of my preferred off-season targets.

Jack should play. Has been in the last two games. They start him at wing and shift him around while he gets back to form. Normally always a center. He needs space to do his thing. (He also may look a little slower now with all that fold in his pockets)

Dougie has been great thus far. Pretty much as expected. Graves has been good too.

Guys who have been struggling: our sophomore class, Sharangovich (has turned corner), Kuokkanen (has not), and especially Ty Smith (who got late start due to injury). Smith may get trip to Utica.

Guys who have been playing well: Dawson Mercer. He is basically our 1C right now. Andreas Johnsson, who has also woken up from his slumber. Subban has his nights too. Been better than last year, which was much better than year before. And Siegenthaler is often our most reliable guy in d-zone.
tsyls liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:54 p.m.
Jack should play. Has been in the last two games. They start him at wing and shift him around while he gets back to form. Normally always a center. He needs space to do his thing. (He also may look a little slower now with all that fold in his pockets)

Dougie has been great thus far. Pretty much as expected. Graves has been good too.

Guys who have been struggling: our sophomore class, Sharangovich (has turned corner), Kuokkanen (has not), and especially Ty Smith (who got late start due to injury). Smith may get trip to Utica.

Guys who have been playing well: Dawson Mercer. He is basically our 1C right now. Andreas Johnsson, who has also woken up from his slumber. Subban has his nights too. Been better than last year, which was much better than year before. And Siegenthaler is often our most reliable guy in d-zone.

Man is Mercer ever good, I've seen some clips from a few games and he's a treat to watch. What a surprise as well.

It'll be a good game, jets like to play down to their opponents level, ala 1-0 loss to Arizona, so it should be a close game. If the Devils win, I'd expect to see maurice potentially gone. Actually, can your Devils do me a favour and hand the jets a nice spanking? Can't wait for Maurice to be gone so this team can exit mediocrity.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 12:57 p.m.
Somebody buying copp for a Hyman type deal, just don’t see the math at the moment unless there’s dman moved, perfetti probably fits the copp hole in top 6, was kind of going off the copps past life of a Lowry sidekick and harkins or some other physical youth to fill it. Might not be Maurice choice if the season stays mediocre.

IMO if we lose tonight and sunday maurice has to be gone. TNSE doesn't typically operate in that fashion but that would be 8 losses in the last 9 games, and our schedule doesn't get any easier with CAR on the 7th. Could be 9 losses in the last 10. We get a few winnable games in Seattle on the 9th and VAN on the 10th as well as buffalo on the 14th. So if maurice was fired after Sunday, the team should be able to rebound and be 3-1 with a new coach.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 1:02 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
IMO if we lose tonight and sunday maurice has to be gone. TNSE doesn't typically operate in that fashion but that would be 8 losses in the last 9 games, and our schedule doesn't get any easier with CAR on the 7th. Could be 9 losses in the last 10. We get a few winnable games in Seattle on the 9th and VAN on the 10th as well as buffalo on the 14th. So if maurice was fired after Sunday, the team should be able to rebound and be 3-1 with a new coach.

Just not sure if they have the trusted tnse guy waiting in the wings, interm Lowry possibly, maybe a finish the season Carlyle, moose bench boss promotion. Any other past organization guys waiting in the wings for a top gig?
tsyls liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 1:06 p.m.
Just not sure if they have the trusted tnse guy waiting in the wings, interm Lowry possibly, maybe a finish the season Carlyle, moose bench boss promotion. Any other past organization guys waiting in the wings for a top gig?

I feel like if anyone was to become interim it would be Kompon, but he's away from the team. IMO if you're firing Maurice, his coaching staff needs to go as well because it's lowry running the PP and I think huddy runs the PK. Those two areas are awful for the Jets, don't need them taking control of the entire team. I really wish Pascal Vincent hadn't slipped away, I really would've enjoyed him as a head coach. If only we could pry him away from CBJ.

The most likely scenario is that maurice is let go and Lowry takes over as the interim until they make a final decision.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 1:11 p.m.
Won a few playoff hockey drafts with the high scoring of the Dallas stars and the longevity of the devils playoff runs. Always have respect for the devils and going from a Mickey Mouse franchise ala Wayne Gretzky, to a bunch of banners and thought of different ever since. Compensation for shanahan worked out all right.

When Gretzky comes through New Jersey, he is still very humble and apologetic for that comment. Always says something to fans. He is such a class act. The saying here has always been that we took it as an endorsement. After all, Mickey Mouse is good, no? We like Mikey Mouse! (All tongue-in-cheek).

The Shannahan move was huge. It was part of a series of moves that Lou made between 1989-1991 (Kidd/Brodeur, Kurvers/Neidermayer) that really made them
Birtle34 liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 1:12 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I feel like if anyone was to become interim it would be Kompon, but he's away from the team. IMO if you're firing Maurice, his coaching staff needs to go as well because it's lowry running the PP and I think huddy runs the PK. Those two areas are awful for the Jets, don't need them taking control of the entire team. I really wish Pascal Vincent hadn't slipped away, I really would've enjoyed him as a head coach. If only we could pry him away from CBJ.

The most likely scenario is that maurice is let go and Lowry takes over as the interim until they make a final decision.

I think Vincent will be back at some point, ya huddy can turn bad or mediocre into average, but beyond that not exactly sure what more he brings. Never been a Lowry fan, grinder trying to teach skill and offense not exactly sure of it. Don’t know much about kompon hopefully has the magic touch, squad is solid just needs the right leader.
tsyls liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 1:13 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
When Gretzky comes through New Jersey, he is still very humble and apologetic for that comment. Always says something to fans. He is such a class act. The saying here has always been that we took it as an endorsement. After all, Mickey Mouse is good, no? We like Mikey Mouse! (All tongue-in-cheek).

The Shannahan move was huge. It was part of a series of moves that Lou made between 1989-1991 (Kidd/Brodeur, Kurvers/Neidermayer) that really made them

Calgary traded up for Kidd? Sj and isles letting niedermayer by them has to be a crime in 91 lol
tsyls and NHLfan10506 liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 1:44 p.m.
And now, we’ve been jinxed into getting Connor-Scheifele-Wheeler top line….thanx
Dec. 3, 2021 at 2:08 p.m.
Man is Mercer ever good, I've seen some clips from a few games and he's a treat to watch. What a surprise as well.

It'll be a good game, jets like to play down to their opponents level, ala 1-0 loss to Arizona, so it should be a close game. If the Devils win, I'd expect to see maurice potentially gone. Actually, can your Devils do me a favour and hand the jets a nice spanking? Can't wait for Maurice to be gone so this team can exit mediocrity.

I hope so. Devils have been really inconsistent. One good game, one terrible game. So maybe they are due for a good one. Will probably be able to tell early if the Bratt-Mercer-Johnsson line is buzzing.
tsyls liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 2:14 p.m.
MisstheWhalers

Isn't Kompon the mastermind of both the PK and the PP?

Maybe they should promoted Dubois' dad.. Lol

I really doubt they'll fire Maurice but I guess it's possible.
tsyls liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 2:17 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
Isn't Kompon the mastermind of both the PK and the PP?

Maybe they should promoted Dubois' dad.. Lol

I really doubt they'll fire Maurice but I guess it's possible.

I thought Lowry ran PP and Huddy PK, maybe Kompon does both, but I'm fairly certain lowry is running the PP. Honestly, Kompon might run both but just not at the moment as he's away from the team and coaching virtually.

I think the moose has a better coaching staff than the Jets. Their head coach apparently is great. Man it was a mistake letting Vincent go. He would be the perfect PoMo replacement, he's worked a ton with young developing players and could be great for the team.
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 2:30 p.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
I thought Lowry ran PP and Huddy PK, maybe Kompon does both, but I'm fairly certain lowry is running the PP. Honestly, Kompon might run both but just not at the moment as he's away from the team and coaching virtually.

I think the moose has a better coaching staff than the Jets. Their head coach apparently is great. Man it was a mistake letting Vincent go. He would be the perfect PoMo replacement, he's worked a ton with young developing players and could be great for the team.

Vincent will be back, as long as he doesn’t get scooped first for top gig, but I would bet a ton that if it was the off-season and a bad finish to season, that there would be serious consideration for him taking the reigns. Definitely time for some old blood, and scoop a bunch of new
tsyls liked this.
Dec. 3, 2021 at 3:20 p.m.
Vincent will be back, as long as he doesn’t get scooped first for top gig, but I would bet a ton that if it was the off-season and a bad finish to season, that there would be serious consideration for him taking the reigns. Definitely time for some old blood, and scoop a bunch of new

I hope we get a chance at Vincent for the HC job before he's scooped up. I know it's very not TNSE like to fire mid season, but if the jets lose 2-3 more in the next 5 they have to make a change before it's too late. The central is too strong to get behind the 8-ball.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll