SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

Are Myers, Poolman, and Hamonic really negative value assets? If so, how much are each of them being overpaid buy, and what would it cost the Canucks to get rid of each of them? And should they try to?

Dec. 3, 2021 at 8:31 p.m.
Banned
Also, does anybody have an idea why Benning went after Myers and Poolman in free agency when they were available? Did he have to overpay just to outbid other teams? Would he have been better off letting other teams snag those players?
Dec. 25, 2021 at 8:07 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Knuckl3s
Also, does anybody have an idea why Benning went after Myers and Poolman in free agency when they were available? Did he have to overpay just to outbid other teams? Would he have been better off letting other teams snag those players?

Seems like it. At best the Canucks can only trade those players without taking similar term and cap back. In a cap strapped league, it's a hard trade(s).
Dec. 25, 2021 at 8:14 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: palhal
Seems like it. At best the Canucks can only trade those players without taking similar term and cap back. In a cap strapped league, it's a hard trade(s).

Nevermind, I posted this before the coaching change, nobody on the roster besides OEL is a negative asset now
Dec. 25, 2021 at 8:20 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Knuckl3s
Nevermind, I posted this before the coaching change, nobody on the roster besides OEL is a negative asset now

I'm glad for Canucks fans the team is doing well. I would say on most teams, besides the five on ELC, there are probably five overpaid, five underpaid and eight about right. The good teams...Tampa, Canes, Boston for years, are teams that have fewer bad cap.
We'll see how the seasons plays out, but I'm not optimistic that the Canucks can keep up this torrid pace.
Dec. 25, 2021 at 8:24 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: palhal
I'm glad for Canucks fans the team is doing well. I would say on most teams, besides the five on ELC, there are probably five overpaid, five underpaid and eight about right. The good teams...Tampa, Canes, Boston for years, are teams that have fewer bad cap.
We'll see how the seasons plays out, but I'm not optimistic that the Canucks can keep up this torrid pace.

No? I think it's hardly a coincidence that the team has done a complete 180 since they changed coaches, and it's hard to deny how talented the team is. They are buying in, resilient, and having fun playing games now, and you can tangibly see it on the ice

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll