LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$125,000$125K)
G
RFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
RW
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 10, 2021 at 2:51 p.m.
yamamoto is way cheaper, i'd think boston has to add
mk458 liked this.
Dec. 10, 2021 at 2:56 p.m.
Yamamoto and Kassian (700K retained) for Debrusk
Dec. 10, 2021 at 3:39 p.m.
MK458
Quoting: Eberles_Backcheck
Yamamoto and Kassian (700K retained) for Debrusk

Can't see the oilers giving up Kassian
Timmah007 liked this.
Dec. 10, 2021 at 3:49 p.m.
The way I see it salaries need to be adjusted for this season. Slight retention on debrusk and involve turris which Boston could then send down if don’t want him only taking a 500k cap hit on him. To me it evens it out enough to take the risk. In my opinion all risk is on Edmonton in this deal. Sure yam doesn’t have eye popping stats but he’s insanely useful on the defensive side of the game and really good pk guy also his effort level is never a question Boston is getting the better all round player by far Edmonton is just banking on debrusk finding his scoring touch on a more consistent basis.
BruinsCharlies liked this.
Dec. 10, 2021 at 3:52 p.m.
DeBrusk's contract effectively makes him a pending UFA, while Yamamoto is a pending RFA. I'd rather have Yamamoto anyhow, so no deal.
mk458 liked this.
Dec. 10, 2021 at 3:56 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: bagelbob
yamamoto is way cheaper, i'd think boston has to add

yamamoto is overvalued he had one good year his rookie season where
he scored at .96 p/pg
then following season he scored at a .40 p/pg
this season he is scoring at a .24 p/pg
now you may say points don't mean everything which is true, but for someone who has played on draisaitl's line the last 2 seasons you would expect much much higher point numbers but yet he keeps declining. Yes debrusk has also declined but debrusk had 3 solid seasons where he averaged .59 p/pg with an average of 21 g per season this also doesn't show that he played 70 or less games in all 3 of those years. yes he did have 1 down season but this season he has looked pretty good his hustle is back, he now plays pk just like yamamoto, debrusk is bigger and pretty physical and even though that's an old head thing to say bigger is better but debrusk 6ft 200lb stature compared to yamamoto 5'8 155lb stature shows that debrusk will most likely be more physically capable of bodying off dmen, winning board battles, hitting harder and more all the things that become very important in playoffs.

i like yamamoto but debrusk has been way more consistent in his career, yamamoto's 1 season doesn't match debrusk 3 seasons especially when you look at who yamamoto's linemates have been compared to debrusk. i like haula, coyle and krech but they are no draisaitl.
Dec. 10, 2021 at 4:05 p.m.
MK458
Quoting: Dekes
he scored at .96 p/pg
now you may say points don't mean everything which is true, but for someone who has played on draisaitl's line the last 2 seasons you would expect much much higher point numbers but yet he keeps declining. Yes debrusk has also declined but debrusk had 3 solid seasons where he averaged .59 p/pg with an average of 21 g per season this also doesn't show that he played 70 or less games in all 3 of those years. yes he did have 1 down season but this season he has looked pretty good his hustle is back, he now plays pk just like yamamoto, debrusk is bigger and pretty physical and even though that's an old head thing to say bigger is better but debrusk 6ft 200lb stature compared to yamamoto 5'8 155lb stature shows that debrusk will most likely be more physically capable of bodying off dmen, winning board battles, hitting harder and more all the things that become very important in playoffs.

i like yamamoto but debrusk has been way more consistent in his career, yamamoto's 1 season doesn't match debrusk 3 seasons especially when you look at who yamamoto's linemates have been compared to debrusk. i like haula, coyle and krech but they are no draisaitl.

If you think that Yam doesn't win puck battles and doesn't hit hard, you haven't watched him much. He hasn't had much puck luck, but if you watch him play you'll realize how useful he is. Both players are struggling offensively, but Yam is much cheaper and has a much lower qualifying offer after this season, for that reason alone I can't imagine why Edmonton would do this, they're already up against the cap and they've got guys to re-sign this offseason
CD282 liked this.
Dec. 10, 2021 at 4:31 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: mk458
If you think that Yam doesn't win puck battles and doesn't hit hard, you haven't watched him much. He hasn't had much puck luck, but if you watch him play you'll realize how useful he is. Both players are struggling offensively, but Yam is much cheaper and has a much lower qualifying offer after this season, for that reason alone I can't imagine why Edmonton would do this, they're already up against the cap and they've got guys to re-sign this offseason

i have got to watch yamamoto play twice this year and he looked good but didn't look crazy like he gets hyped up to be. puck luck also is a bad excuse i could say bruins would be a top team in the league if it wasn't for bad puck luck like **** we have hit 15 posts in the last 4 games how's that for luck. I saw a post and the bruins have the #1 xGF this season yet we have the 16th most goals in league hows that for puck luck? At the end of the day GM's look for players who produce and currently debrusk is out producing yamamoto and looking like his formerself again. Everyone thinks debrusk is a cheap commodity but if he was he would have been moved already boston knows what he is capable of and that's why they won't settle for cheap. QO does not matter also that plays a factor to one thing only 1 year contract anything longer and you negotiate and considering debrusk is from edmonton im sure he would take less money for term.

debrusk could decide he wants to stay in boston turn down his QO and say ill take another 3 yr 3.6 mill while yamamoto could turn down his QO and say he wants 3yrs 5 mill because that's what he thinks he's worth and then they argue go to arbitration which is messy and could lead to a bad relationship between player and team. it could also go vice versa with the contracts either way QO's don't tend to matter really unless the player is unsure if he wants to stay on the team or if the team is unsure they want to keep the player long term and pay them.

which leads to my next example debrusk first contract bruins signed him 3yrs they wanted to have him for the future but edmonton signed yamamoto to a 1yr contract seems to be they were hesitant about throwing the money yamamoto wanted right away. is that due to his lack of point production and decline in point production, him not fitting the team fit/ style idk but i don't think that 1yr contract is being looked at enough to how edmonton might truely value him
mk458 liked this.
Dec. 10, 2021 at 4:35 p.m.
he scored at .96 p/pg

i just feel like edmonton has very little cap space and debrusk has an almost 5mil QO. yamamoto will get way less than that. boston would need to take on more money for this to work
mk458 liked this.
Dec. 10, 2021 at 4:35 p.m.
i have got to watch yamamoto play twice this year and he looked good but didn't look crazy like he gets hyped up to be. puck luck also is a bad excuse i could say bruins would be a top team in the league if it wasn't for bad puck luck like **** we have hit 15 posts in the last 4 games how's that for luck. I saw a post and the bruins have the #1 xGF this season yet we have the 16th most goals in league hows that for puck luck? At the end of the day GM's look for players who produce and currently debrusk is out producing yamamoto and looking like his formerself again. Everyone thinks debrusk is a cheap commodity but if he was he would have been moved already boston knows what he is capable of and that's why they won't settle for cheap. QO does not matter also that plays a factor to one thing only 1 year contract anything longer and you negotiate and considering debrusk is from edmonton im sure he would take less money for term.

debrusk could decide he wants to stay in boston turn down his QO and say ill take another 3 yr 3.6 mill while yamamoto could turn down his QO and say he wants 3yrs 5 mill because that's what he thinks he's worth and then they argue go to arbitration which is messy and could lead to a bad relationship between player and team. it could also go vice versa with the contracts either way QO's don't tend to matter really unless the player is unsure if he wants to stay on the team or if the team is unsure they want to keep the player long term and pay them.

which leads to my next example debrusk first contract bruins signed him 3yrs they wanted to have him for the future but edmonton signed yamamoto to a 1yr contract seems to be they were hesitant about throwing the money yamamoto wanted right away. is that due to his lack of point production and decline in point production, him not fitting the team fit/ style idk but i don't think that 1yr contract is being looked at enough to how edmonton might truely value him

It's a "no".
mk458 liked this.
Dec. 10, 2021 at 4:39 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
i just feel like edmonton has very little cap space and debrusk has an almost 5mil QO. yamamoto will get way less than that. boston would need to take on more money for this to work

now i understand the money part, bruins are tight for cap aswell but not as bad as edmonton i could see boston showing some interest in kassian with a little bit of retainment maybe 800k? make it a 2.5 mill contract and i could see B's adding a 4th or 3rd as kassian fits that old time B's style and would probably be loved here, gives some lucic, shawn thornton vibes to an extent
Dec. 10, 2021 at 4:53 p.m.
MK458

Exactly
Dec. 11, 2021 at 9:08 a.m.

Quoting: mk458
Exactly

What if Boston gets Derek Ryan as well. If Debrusk thrives in Edmonton the qualifying offer becomes moot as both parties will want to negotiate a contract to keep him in Edmonton. The risk is is he going to thrive as opposed to where Yamamoto's career heads.
Dec. 11, 2021 at 6:41 p.m.
MK458
Quoting: BruinsCharlies
What if Boston gets Derek Ryan as well. If Debrusk thrives in Edmonton the qualifying offer becomes moot as both parties will want to negotiate a contract to keep him in Edmonton. The risk is is he going to thrive as opposed to where Yamamoto's career heads.

Edmonton has Nurse's big contract kicking in next season, and they have to pay Puljujarvi too. Unless Duncan Keith retires, I just don't see a situation where they can afford debrusk next season. But who knows I guess
Dec. 11, 2021 at 6:53 p.m.
DeBrusk has a 99% chance of becoming a UFA next summer. The Oilers can wait until then and sign him without giving up anything. Yamamoto has more value so they won't do this trade.
Dec. 12, 2021 at 10:24 a.m.
Quoting: CD282
DeBrusk has a 99% chance of becoming a UFA next summer. The Oilers can wait until then and sign him without giving up anything. Yamamoto has more value so they won't do this trade.

If he stays in Boston you are correct a la Ritchie, Kase. If he's traded you will be more than likely incorrect.. As constituted right now the Oilers are missing key pieces. 3C, 1G, and depending on injuries 2nd pair LD. Does Holland sit on his hands until the summer wasting another year of McDavid, Draisital or is he going to be bold and swing for the fences. He is in a precarious position, much of his own doing. Will be interesting to watch!
Dec. 13, 2021 at 7:54 a.m.
If he stays in Boston you are correct a la Ritchie, Kase. If he's traded you will be more than likely incorrect..

Either way I'm correct. DeBrusk simply isn't worth his QO no matter which team he's on. There's always a 1% chance some GM would be stupid enough to qualify him, but it's very improbable.
As constituted right now the Oilers are missing key pieces. 3C, 1G, and depending on injuries 2nd pair LD. Does Holland sit on his hands until the summer wasting another year of McDavid, Draisital or is he going to be bold and swing for the fences. He is in a precarious position, much of his own doing. Will be interesting to watch!

WTF? DeBrusk doesn't fill ANY of those positions, so how is that any justification for this trade idea?? Besides, Mike Smith (1G) is returning on Tuesday, Keith (2LD) will be back soon after and Dylan Holloway (3C) will be playing by Christmas and in the NHL by deadline.
Dec. 13, 2021 at 6:30 p.m.
Either way I'm correct. DeBrusk simply isn't worth his QO no matter which team he's on. There's always a 1% chance some GM would be stupid enough to qualify him, but it's very improbable.

I agree that DeBrusk is not worth his QO but if a team trades for him it would behoove them to sign him given that they have given up assets for him. For example, 2 year deal at 3M per year. The contract DOES NOT have to be a QO.

WTF? DeBrusk doesn't fill ANY of those positions, so how is that any justification for this trade idea?? Besides, Mike Smith (1G) is returning on Tuesday, Keith (2LD) will be back soon after and Dylan Holloway (3C) will be playing by Christmas and in the NHL by deadline.

You made it clear you did not want to do the trade. I'm not trying to justify the DeBrusk trade as a way of solving Edmonton's needs. That's on you. I'm just stating that Holland has to do something in regards to 1G, 2LD and 3C and like Boston's GM he has painted himself into a corner with his offseason signings and previous acquisitions. Keith was a stretch from the moment they acquired him but I'll give you that one. Counting on an injury susceptible 39 year old as a 1G and a raw rookie, no matter his talent, as your 3C is not a recipe for success. The exquisite talents of McDavid and Draisaitl have not bridged the gap in any other year. Is Holland willing to risk it happening again without doing more?
Dec. 14, 2021 at 7:56 a.m.
You made it clear you did not want to do the trade. I'm not trying to justify the DeBrusk trade as a way of solving Edmonton's needs. That's on you. I'm just stating that Holland has to do something in regards to 1G, 2LD and 3C and like Boston's GM he has painted himself into a corner with his offseason signings and previous acquisitions. Keith was a stretch from the moment they acquired him but I'll give you that one. Counting on an injury susceptible 39 year old as a 1G and a raw rookie, no matter his talent, as your 3C is not a recipe for success. The exquisite talents of McDavid and Draisaitl have not bridged the gap in any other year. Is Holland willing to risk it happening again without doing more?

I think Holland has seen what his group can do when healthy (except for Smith, he got injured in game 3), and he's seen what the rookie's can do as injury replacements. Now that they're getting healthy again (Smith is starting tonight, Keith will be back shortly) he'll likely give them a long run to see what they've got.

Holloway will be playing by Christmas - 3 months before the deadline - so they may be able to cover 3C internally, but we won't know that until closer to the deadline.

Smith has been very good this season and last, when healthy he's a top netminder in the league covering 1G, and we've seen that Stuart Skinner (.918) is good enough to play in the NHL and play well. We also know Koskinen is able to cover the 1B position very well - he's an above average goalie until he's asked to shoulder a bigger workload. They have 3 above average NHL goalies on the roster, and while none of them is Hellebuyck or Vasilevskiy, they're as good as most teams have on any given night.

I don't think we see any moves until closer to the deadline, TBH. There's no need for panic.
Dec. 15, 2021 at 5:40 p.m.
I think Holland has seen what his group can do when healthy (except for Smith, he got injured in game 3), and he's seen what the rookie's can do as injury replacements. Now that they're getting healthy again (Smith is starting tonight, Keith will be back shortly) he'll likely give them a long run to see what they've got.

Holloway will be playing by Christmas - 3 months before the deadline - so they may be able to cover 3C internally, but we won't know that until closer to the deadline.

Smith has been very good this season and last, when healthy he's a top netminder in the league covering 1G, and we've seen that Stuart Skinner (.918) is good enough to play in the NHL and play well. We also know Koskinen is able to cover the 1B position very well - he's an above average goalie until he's asked to shoulder a bigger workload. They have 3 above average NHL goalies on the roster, and while none of them is Hellebuyck or Vasilevskiy, they're as good as most teams have on any given night.

I don't think we see any moves until closer to the deadline, TBH. There's no need for panic.

You are right, there is no need to panic but you should be concerned. I will disagree with you on your assessment of your goaltending .Just compare in the Pacific. Vegas, Vancouver, Calgary, Anaheim for sure have a distinct advantage. Even LA with Quick and SJ with Reimer are outperforming Edmonton. That leaves just Seattle that the Oilers are superior to. That makes for below average. It will be interesting to see where Holland puts his focus to improve Edmonton or does he sit tight and dare wait until the next offseason.
Dec. 15, 2021 at 5:46 p.m.
You are right, there is no need to panic but you should be concerned. I will disagree with you on your assessment of your goaltending .Just compare in the Pacific. Vegas, Vancouver, Calgary, Anaheim for sure have a distinct advantage. Even LA with Quick and SJ with Reimer are outperforming Edmonton. That leaves just Seattle that the Oilers are superior to. That makes for below average. It will be interesting to see where Holland puts his focus to improve Edmonton or does he sit tight and dare wait until the next offseason.

Uh... how many of those teams are playing without their starter? Apples to oranges.
Dec. 15, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.
Uh... how many of those teams are playing without their starter? Apples to oranges.

Come on. Don't hide behind that. You would seriously rather have Smith than any one of Gibson, Lehner, Demko, Markstrom, Quick or even Reimer the way he is playing. You respectfully need to look at this through a different lens.
Dec. 15, 2021 at 6:13 p.m.
Come on. Don't hide behind that. You would seriously rather have Smith than any one of Gibson, Lehner, Demko, Markstrom, Quick or even Reimer the way he is playing. You respectfully need to look at this through a different lens.

Who are their backups? You say all the Pacific teams have "better goaltending", but what would their goaltending look like if their starter got injured in game 3 of the season? Not better than Edmonton's has been.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll