SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Next question: Overrated Players

Mar. 23, 2017 at 4:56 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Edited Mar. 23, 2017 at 7:26 p.m.
A while ago, i made a post about underrated NHL players. Now this one is about overrated players. So who does everyone think some of the most overrated NHL players are?

For me: Jake Gardiner, Patrick Kane, Matt Duchene, Corey Crawford, Gabriel Landeskog, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Marc Methot, Danny Dekeyser.

Who does everyone else think?
Mar. 23, 2017 at 5:02 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
A while ago, i made a post about underrated NHL players. Now this one is about overrated players. So who does everyone think some of the most overrated NHL players are?

For me: Jake Gardiner, Patrick Kane, Matt Duchene, Corey Crawford, Josh Bailey, Niklas Hjalmarsson.

Gabriel Landeskog, Guy is a 50 point player with some intangibles. No way is he worth what Sakic is asking for, nor should anyone trade for him. He's in his perfect scenario: the captain of a bad team.
Mar. 23, 2017 at 7:25 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: NobodyCares

For me: Jake Gardiner, Patrick Kane, Matt Duchene, Corey Crawford, Josh Bailey, Niklas Hjalmarsson.

Gabriel Landeskog, Guy is a 50 point player with some intangibles. No way is he worth what Sakic is asking for, nor should anyone trade for him. He's in his perfect scenario: the captain of a bad team.

I agree. I'll edit the original post and put him in instead of Josh Bailey. yeah, Bailey is overrated in my opinion, but not one of the most overrated.
Mar. 23, 2017 at 7:26 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Ok, i also added Methot and Dekeyser.
Mar. 23, 2017 at 11:52 p.m.
NBABound
How on earth are Kane and Hjalmarsson overrated??????????

Hjalmarsson might be the most underrated Dman in the league.
Mar. 24, 2017 at 12:04 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Mr_cap

He's a bottom pairing guy in my opinion. Also, som think Kane is the best in the NHL. He's not even top 10 in my opinion.
Mar. 24, 2017 at 10:34 a.m.
NBABound

He's a bottom pairing guy in my opinion. Also, som think Kane is the best in the NHL. He's not even top 10 in my opinion.

Omg.
Mar. 24, 2017 at 1:29 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Omg.

What's wrong with not putting Kane top 10?
Mar. 24, 2017 at 2:06 p.m.
NBABound

Omg.

What's wrong with not putting Kane top 10?

Ok.

Hjalmarsson is not a bottom pairing Dman. Please research before talking. He is one of the most underrated Dman in the league. By far. He does everything right on the defensive side of the puck but just doesn't get the attention because of the players that are on Chicago.

Kane is as consistent in scoring as anyone in the league. In what world is he overrated. Obviously yours for whatever reason. Somehow. If he's not in your top 10 you should probably get to watching Chicago more often and make sure you watch him. And also Hjalmarsson.
KL17 liked this.
Mar. 24, 2017 at 2:37 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Patrick Kane overrated?????? What more does he need to do?

I feel like rangersandislesfan puts ridiculous ideas out there to get a forced discussion or a reaction on the topic. Just like his underrated players list.
Mr_cap liked this.
Mar. 24, 2017 at 5:08 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Jarvis

I feel like rangersandislesfan puts ridiculous ideas out there to get a forced discussion or a reaction on the topic. Just like his underrated players list.

Please don't say that. Some think he is the best in the world. I don't. Now what's wrong with that? Who would you build a team around? McDavid or Kane?
Mar. 24, 2017 at 5:46 p.m.

Please don't say that. Some think he is the best in the world. I don't. Now what's wrong with that? Who would you build a team around? McDavid or Kane?

Seabrooke and toews are the 2 hawks stars that are overrated
Mar. 24, 2017 at 6:08 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly

The question never was, "who would you build your team around?"

Also nobody claims him as best in the world. Find me one article claiming Patrick Kane is the best in the world.....
Everyone says Crosby or McDavid are the best. And don't mention Burns as the best in the world because hes not even close. Takes more than 1 season to get the "best in the world" status.
Mr_cap liked this.
Mar. 24, 2017 at 6:21 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Also nobody claims him as best in the world. Find me one article claiming Patrick Kane is the best in the world.....
Everyone says Crosby or McDavid are the best. And don't mention Burns as the best in the world because hes not even close. Takes more than 1 season to get the "best in the world" status.

Wait, so you're taking Kane over McDavid?
Mar. 24, 2017 at 9:49 p.m.
NBABound

lmao how old are you? Do you not understand like anything? When did he ever say Kane over McDavid?
Jarvis liked this.
Mar. 24, 2017 at 10:35 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

lmao how old are you? Do you not understand like anything? When did he ever say Kane over McDavid?

Ok, sorry. I guess you're right. He didn't.
Mar. 25, 2017 at 10:43 p.m.
Edited Mar. 26, 2017 at 2:14 a.m. by Jarvis

He did prove himself wrong though. He's like McDavid is legit and Burns isn't because it takes more than 1 season to prove yourself. Breaking news just in; McDavid still hasn't played an 80 game season. Don't use a double standard just because you like the smell of McDavids unmentionables better than Burns'. That's just extremely impaired logic. A guy who got hurt and missed half his rookie year and has not even finished his second season.... so he's not played a real season yet.... is somehow legit, but Burns isn't because he only had 75 points in 82 games last year and now 71 in 74 games. Seems like more than one season and way more than McDavid.
Mar. 25, 2017 at 11:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

He did prove himself wrong though. He's like McDavid is legit and Burns isn't because it takes more than 1 season to prove yourself. Breaking news just in; McDavid still hasn't played an 80 game season. Don't use a double standard just because you like the smell of McDavids unmentionables better than Burns'. That's just extremely impaired logic. A guy who got hurt and missed half his rookie year and has not even finished his second season.... so he's not played a real season yet.... is somehow legit, but Burns isn't because he only had 75 points in 82 games last year and now 71 in 74 games. Seems like more than one season and way more than McDavid. His logic is flawed and it's making me assume he's the type of guy who would like to date his sister.

Burns has played great for more than one year.
Mar. 26, 2017 at 1:52 a.m.
NBABound
Edited Mar. 26, 2017 at 2:33 a.m. by Jarvis

He did prove himself wrong though. He's like McDavid is legit and Burns isn't because it takes more than 1 season to prove yourself. Breaking news just in; McDavid still hasn't played an 80 game season. Don't use a double standard just because you like the smell of McDavids unmentionables better than Burns'. That's just extremely impaired logic. A guy who got hurt and missed half his rookie year and has not even finished his second season.... so he's not played a real season yet.... is somehow legit, but Burns isn't because he only had 75 points in 82 games last year and now 71 in 74 games. Seems like more than one season and way more than McDavid.

I'm confused by who you are replying too. Might just be my dumba*s though lol.
Mar. 26, 2017 at 2:12 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Edited Mar. 26, 2017 at 2:35 a.m.

The "It takes more than one year" was in reference to Crosby. You forgot to mention him in your entire rant.
McDavid will most likely replace Crosby in a few years.
Mar. 26, 2017 at 11:24 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

The "It takes more than one year" was in reference to Crosby. You forgot to mention him in your entire rant.

Oh, and also people are looking at that 106 point season that kane had, and that's just one year. Yeah, he got point a year seasons before that, but people weren't calling him the best in the world until that year.
Mar. 26, 2017 at 12:10 p.m.
Follow capfriendly

Oh, and also people are looking at that 106 point season that kane had, and that's just one year. Yeah, he got point a year seasons before that, but people weren't calling him the best in the world until that year.

Who are these people calling Kane the best in the world?
Mar. 26, 2017 at 12:19 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Banks

I don't know. I've looked up top current NHL players, and some of the lists have Kane number one.
Mar. 26, 2017 at 12:45 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: Banks

I don't know. I've looked up top current NHL players, and some of the lists have Kane number one.

Link? I'd love to see it
Mar. 26, 2017 at 2:23 p.m.
Follow capfriendly

Link? I'd love to see it

Here: https://www.nhl.com/news/patrick-kane-is-nhl-networks-top-player-in-league/c-281535362

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll