SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Do you STILL want the NHL going to the Olympics?

Do you STILL want the NHL going to the Olympics?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Dec. 15, 2021 at 5:36 p.m.
Farewell
My take: No. As much as I'd love to see the greatest hockey players in the world battle for gold, there's just too much risk involved, as one who tests positive for COVID in China must quarantine for 3-5 WEEKS, unless they produce 2 negatives within 24 hours (not likely). How'd you like McDavid to be stuck in China for a month?
Besides, COVID has recently run rampant through the league, and they have a bunch of games to make up. It would be much easier for teams to make them up during that stretch in February than to have to fit them in to an already packed schedule (which would provide teams with even less rest and more travel), and possibly even delay the season even further.
Devil liked this.
Dec. 15, 2021 at 5:37 p.m.
The NHL has said it's the players choices but i think most players will decline
Devil liked this.
Dec. 15, 2021 at 5:51 p.m.
torontos finest
I don't think most players are going to want to go. The 3-5 week quarantine is going to be the major deal-breaker for most players. Especially with how the omnicron variant is spreading a lot faster.

Not to mention the political situation between the US and China hasn't been all that fantastic, but I don't think China would do anything to cause an international incident.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 17, 2021 at 2:05 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
The NHL has said it's the players choices but i think most players will decline

I hope so. It would be the smart thing to do.
Dec. 17, 2021 at 4:14 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
I hope so. It would be the smart thing to do.

You have a point, but this might be the only time in a players career they can represent their country. Depending on my lifestyle (maybe if I don't have family or someone high risk) I'd go.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Dec. 17, 2021 at 4:36 p.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
You have a point, but this might be the only time in a players career they can represent their country. Depending on my lifestyle (maybe if I don't have family or someone high risk) I'd go.

Stamkos is on his last chance and is having a fantastic season. He's already said he'd go given the chance.
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Dec. 17, 2021 at 6:35 p.m.
I make typos
I don't want Canada to go to the Olympics at all because of what China unleased on the world but then there is also the 2 Canadians being held as political hostages by the Chinese government for over 2000 days
Dec. 17, 2021 at 8:19 p.m.
I never wanted them going in the first place!!!
Brian2016 liked this.
Dec. 18, 2021 at 6:14 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: oilersguy
I don't want Canada to go to the Olympics at all because of what China unleased on the world but then there is also the 2 Canadians being held as political hostages by the Chinese government for over 2000 days

Agreed. China is a Communist dictatorship with a totalitarian government that abuses human rights on a regular basis. It's a disgusting, horrific, even evil regime, and that's not even including their handling of COVID. I would be thrilled if the US boycotted these Olympics (similar to boycotting Moscow 1984 under Reagan), but that will never happen.
A_Habs_fan, oilersguy and Brian2016 liked this.
Dec. 19, 2021 at 12:09 a.m.
I make typos
Edited Dec. 19, 2021 at 12:38 a.m.
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Agreed. China is a Communist dictatorship with a totalitarian government that abuses human rights on a regular basis. It's a disgusting, horrific, even evil regime, and that's not even including their handling of COVID. I would be thrilled if the US boycotted these Olympics (similar to boycotting Moscow 1984 under Reagan), but that will never happen.

I miss the good days when Countries knew enough to not go to an Olympics that were being held by a communist country
Dec. 19, 2021 at 6:41 p.m.
China's government stands in direct contrast to diversity, inclusion, and tolerance for all people. These are core values that the league has rightfully embraced. The CCP has enslaved, tortured, and murdered ethnic minorities in their own country. They've killed hundreds of thousands of Americans and Canadians with fentanyl (and SARS CoV-2). The league should remember this while they're drooling over the promise of television deals or marketing agreements. The NHL has taken a strong stance against police brutality and discrimination at home. It's time they take a strong stance against ethnic cleansing, genocide, and mass murder abroad. Some things are more important than money.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit