Forums/Armchair-GM

Making waves at the TDL

Created by: arafay
Team: 2021-22 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 15, 2021
Published: Dec. 16, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Chychrun is an upgrade on Dillon and would help out the d-core even more. Vesalainen is a young guy with top 6 potential and the first is well just that, a first. Dillon can easily be flipped for more.

Then there’s tofolli. Added in a high end prospect in smith as the main piece. The jets don’t have a 2nd rounder this year of next, so one in a couple of years will have to do.

As for cap, I’m not entirely sure how LTIR works but with Wheeler out, I would imagine the jets will be picking up some of his 8 million dollar cap up to use later. It may not be the full 2.33 but it should be at least half that. Maybe the jets carry 21 until playoffs to make it work? Let me know what you think
Trades
WPG
  1. Chychrun, Jakob ($500,000 retained)
ARI
  1. Dillon, Brenden
  2. Vesalainen, Kristian
  3. 2022 1st round pick (WPG)
WPG
  1. Toffoli, Tyler ($1,000,000 retained)
MTL
  1. Smith, Nathan [Reserve List]
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (WPG)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$81,712,146$145,122$57,500-$212,146
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 5
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$3,640,000$3,640,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$817,500$817,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD
UFA - 7
$5,950,000$5,950,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 3
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RD
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
LD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 16, 2021 at 12:07 a.m.
Hockey247
ha
ha
ha
hell no from mtl
smith is 23. not a "high end prospect". in fact he may not even sign with us.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 12:10 a.m.
Quoting: Hockey247
ha
ha
ha
hell no from mtl
smith is 23. not a "high end prospect". in fact he may not even sign with us.

Smith is a 23 yr old (looks nhl ready) skilled guy who has been nearly dominating the college level since he was 21. By that classification, yes he’s a high end prospect. I didn’t say he was elite. He’s simply an A/ B+ level prospect.

However, if u don’t like the offer you could just say so… Getting another top 6 forward for this team isn’t really a necessity anyway.
Black61 liked this.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 12:14 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
With those moves, might as well move heinola, I like the idea, possibly crank up a even bigger blockbuster with coyotes, not sure on cap, but could be rather interesting adventure
Dec. 16, 2021 at 12:18 a.m.
Quoting: Birtle34
With those moves, might as well move heinola, I like the idea, possibly crank up a even bigger blockbuster with coyotes, not sure on cap, but could be rather interesting adventure

I’d rather not. I’d be moving demelo and maybe even Stanley in the summer to bring up heinola and maybe even samberg. That would make the team better in my opinion. Demelo and Stanley are good but Samberg and heinola would make every part of that bottom pair better except for demelo’s defence which we would miss. But we would gain a lot more physicality and puck moving.
Birtle34 liked this.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 12:20 a.m.
Yeah you aren't really making waves or even splashes with those offers to be honest. Dillon might have the value of a second or so, maybe a bit more and as late first a good prospect doesn't get your Chychrun, let alone Chychrun with retention. Also Arizona is absolutely not going to retain on Chychrun as they only have one retention slot left, likely for Kessel. The toffoli trade isn't very good either, Smith may be a PPG college player, but very rarely do good college players make a splash in the nhl. A second a few years from now if very meh, the two pieces you sent for toffoli basically just cover the cost of the retention you want.
Hockey247 and majormoose007 liked this.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 12:27 a.m.
Quoting: Lancebmx
Yeah you aren't really making waves or even splashes with those offers to be honest. Dillon might have the value of a second or so, maybe a bit more and as late first a good prospect doesn't get your Chychrun, let alone Chychrun with retention. Also Arizona is absolutely not going to retain on Chychrun as they only have one retention slot left, likely for Kessel. The toffoli trade isn't very good either, Smith may be a PPG college player, but very rarely do good college players make a splash in the nhl. A second a few years from now if very meh, the two pieces you sent for toffoli basically just cover the cost of the retention you want.

Dillon has value of at least the 2 2nds the jets gave for him. The value for guys like that only goes up in the nhl, especially around tdl when he might even get a first. So a good young roster player with top 6 potential (exactly what rebuilding teams want), a first, and 2 2nds isn’t bad value and is pretty standard for a guy like chychurun. Fair point on the retention though. I didn’t think about the coyotes only having one retention left. Probably just drop the retention, it’s not much anyway. However, in my opinion that is enough for chychrun.

Toffoli as I said was merely an add in. Wasn’t really thinking too hard on that. Just put it together.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 12:31 a.m.
MisstheWhalers
Both offers get rejected quickly.
majormoose007 liked this.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 12:47 a.m.
Hockey247
Quoting: arafay
Smith is a 23 yr old (looks nhl ready) skilled guy who has been nearly dominating the college level since he was 21. By that classification, yes he’s a high end prospect. I didn’t say he was elite. He’s simply an A/ B+ level prospect.

However, if u don’t like the offer you could just say so… Getting another top 6 forward for this team isn’t really a necessity anyway.

habs can get a 1st and a good prospect for toffoli. not this trash
Dec. 16, 2021 at 12:50 a.m.
That doesn't come close to Chychrun
Dillon is a 3rd pair dman, Vesalainen has plateaued as a bottom 6er, and the 1st is probably pretty late
majormoose007 liked this.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 12:52 a.m.
Quoting: Hockey247
habs can get a 1st and a good prospect for toffoli. not this trash

Probably not but good luck
Dec. 16, 2021 at 12:56 a.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
That doesn't come close to Chychrun
Dillon is a 3rd pair dman, Vesalainen has plateaued as a bottom 6er, and the 1st is probably pretty late

Dillon is not a 3rd pair d-man 😂. He hasn’t been since the beginning of his career. Vesalainen is a 22 year old with less than 45 games of nhl experience (most of it playing less than 10mins a night). He’s not plateaued 😂. He has barely even got his feet wet and gets better each game. If the jets didn’t have forward prospects like perfetti, Lucius, rashevsky, and chibrikov coming, there’s no way I would even think about moving him. Even then I’m hesitant lol.

You argument is simply uneducated. However, if you don’t like it, then you don’t like it.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 1:07 a.m.
MajorMoose
yeah no way that gets you a #1 d-man. The price would start with Perfetti
Hockey247 liked this.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 1:10 a.m.
Quoting: arafay
Dillon is not a 3rd pair d-man 😂. He hasn’t been since the beginning of his career. Vesalainen is a 22 year old with less than 45 games of nhl experience (most of it playing less than 10mins a night). He’s not plateaued 😂. He has barely even got his feet wet and gets better each game. If the jets didn’t have forward prospects like perfetti, Lucius, rashevsky, and chibrikov coming, there’s no way I would even think about moving him. Even then I’m hesitant lol.

You argument is simply uneducated. However, if you don’t like it, then you don’t like it.

I feel like the only uneducated one here is you on who Chychrun is. You want a defenseman of his caliber you have to start with Perfetti then add a a couple 1sts
Dec. 16, 2021 at 2:08 a.m.
wpg
I feel like the only uneducated one here is you on who Chychrun is. You want a defenseman of his caliber you have to start with Perfetti then add a a couple 1sts

add me on there as well

26gp 7 points and -29
i get that hes on an extremely ****ty team but look at Gostisbehere.. playing defence for the same team and hes holding up decently
26gp 17 points and -6

hes a great defenceman on a great deal but if u wanna be considered in the top tier u gotta stand out and preform.. and so far hes done everything but that

the trade offer above isn't enough but the Yotes rnt getting a prospect of Perfetti's caliber back.. they just don't get traded (look at Eichel's return) tells u everything u need to know

and the word u used was "uneducated " smh..
arafay liked this.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 2:18 a.m.
Quoting: HockeyFan989
add me on there as well

26gp 7 points and -29
i get that hes on an extremely ****ty team but look at Gostisbehere.. playing defence for the same team and hes holding up decently
26gp 17 points and -6

hes a great defenceman on a great deal but if u wanna be considered in the top tier u gotta stand out and preform.. and so far hes done everything but that

the trade offer above isn't enough but the Yotes rnt getting a prospect of Perfetti's caliber back.. they just don't get traded (look at Eichel's return) tells u everything u need to know

and the word u used was "uneducated " smh..

You are basing him off this year alone? What about the previous 3 years where he has been excellent? Chychrun will probably get a return similar to Eichel, he is way more affordable and not injured like Eichel. As a Flames fan I would gladly move Coronato ++ for him so I see no reason why you think he cant return a Perfetti caliber prospect.

Ghost has been putting up points but Chychrun has been the overall better defenseman statistically this year. despite being -29 he is still much better defensively.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 3:10 a.m.
wpg
You are basing him off this year alone? What about the previous 3 years where he has been excellent? Chychrun will probably get a return similar to Eichel, he is way more affordable and not injured like Eichel. As a Flames fan I would gladly move Coronato ++ for him so I see no reason why you think he cant return a Perfetti caliber prospect.

Ghost has been putting up points but Chychrun has been the overall better defenseman statistically this year. despite being -29 he is still much better defensively.

Ur basing him off last year alone, he was fine for the 2 years before that but last year he took a real step up

So ure saying Coronato and Perfetti r in the same prospect tier? Was thinking more Coronato and Lucius with their similar draft spots NCAA numbers etc.. but both of terms of potential rnt close to Perfetti, just like the Wild didn’t include Rossi in the Eichel sweepstakes.. those kinds of prospects just don’t get traded

No matter what u say, Eichel is the better player… locked up 5 more years opposed to 3, yes the cap hits over double but he’s a franchise center that’s just entering his prime, the injury doesn’t hold that big of a factor.. Vegas was confident in the process otherwise they wouldn’t have traded for him (like Calgary was)

Meanwhile Coronato was on the table for BUF.. but they elected to go with Vegas’s package that had Krebs instead

Chychrun better show that he can stand out with the Yotes instead of going down with the sinking ship, Eichel did that for years with BUF… that separates ‘great players’ from ‘franchise changing’

Ghost is the Yotes top d man this season, watch the games he has a much higher impact, not the mention there’s no such thing as easy/free points on this team and he’s 2nd on the team in points
arafay liked this.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 12:50 p.m.
MajorMoose
Quoting: HockeyFan989
Ur basing him off last year alone, he was fine for the 2 years before that but last year he took a real step up

So ure saying Coronato and Perfetti r in the same prospect tier? Was thinking more Coronato and Lucius with their similar draft spots NCAA numbers etc.. but both of terms of potential rnt close to Perfetti, just like the Wild didn’t include Rossi in the Eichel sweepstakes.. those kinds of prospects just don’t get traded

No matter what u say, Eichel is the better player… locked up 5 more years opposed to 3, yes the cap hits over double but he’s a franchise center that’s just entering his prime, the injury doesn’t hold that big of a factor.. Vegas was confident in the process otherwise they wouldn’t have traded for him (like Calgary was)

Meanwhile Coronato was on the table for BUF.. but they elected to go with Vegas’s package that had Krebs instead

Chychrun better show that he can stand out with the Yotes instead of going down with the sinking ship, Eichel did that for years with BUF… that separates ‘great players’ from ‘franchise changing’

Ghost is the Yotes top d man this season, watch the games he has a much higher impact, not the mention there’s no such thing as easy/free points on this team and he’s 2nd on the team in points

Why are you using points as an argument for a Defenseman? Then surely you think Tyson Barrie is an elite defenseman.
Dec. 16, 2021 at 1:03 p.m.
wpg
Quoting: majormoose007
Why are you using points as an argument for a Defenseman? Then surely you think Tyson Barrie is an elite defenseman.

He isn’t, I’m talking bout ‘free’ points.. and those depend on the players the defenceman is usually on the ice with

In Barrie’s case it’s McDavid, Drai, RHN etc..
In Ghosts case it’s….. Keller? I guess?

My point most of the offence involving Ghost he does majority of the heavy lifting, and not so much in Barrie’s case

Points is a bad argument for comparing defensemen I just figured in this case it’s the most suitable

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll