SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Discussion Thread #9 - Happy Holidays

Dec. 22, 2021 at 7:39 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Edited Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:40 p.m.
Merry merry from ours here at CapFriendly to yours! Enjoy it for me while I'm at work until New Year's Eve.

Someone please make a separate thread for the World Juniors or use the prospect thread. Keep this one to NHL content thanks!
A_Habs_fan, Saskleaf, EsoYeezus69 and 6 others liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 7:42 p.m.
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Merry merry from ours here at CapFriendly to yours! Enjoy it for me while I'm at work until New Year's Eve.

Someone please make a separate thread for the World Juniors or use the prospect thread. Keep this onto NHL content thanks!

Prospect thread is definitely good for WJC but I feel like it'll end up in both threads by the end
BeterChiarelli, Saskleaf, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 7:44 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: BeterChiarelli

Someone please make a separate thread for the World Juniors or use the prospect thread. Keep this onto NHL content thanks!

Merry christmas to you too!
A_Habs_fan, EsoYeezus69, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 7:46 p.m.
Quoting: Devil1122

Interesting chart👀

I mean, this is pretending McDavid won’t still be the best player in the league in 4 years. If you add the 2015 draft, I’d take McDavid+Barzal+Marner+Chabot over Eichel+Connor+Boeser+Werenski. I also think the next 2 drafts are good for Canada (Wright+Savoie+Geekie > Cooley+McGroarty+Nazar in 2022, I’d say Savoie/Cooley and Geekie/McGroarty match pretty well and Wright could be a top 5 player in the league, looks like a Bergeron/Toews type with even higher offensive upside, which blows Nazar out of the water, and both Bedard and Fantilli look like gamebreaking studs that are likely to go #1 and #3 in 2023, a cut well above the rest of the draft class, specifically Bedard looks like he could be right up there with McDavid and MacKinnon, and the #2 pick will be Michkov, a Russian, not an American) so that will help.
A_Habs_fan, Devil, oilersguy and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 7:47 p.m.
Go leafs go
mmm We really dont got many top 6 LW If you look at the wing Depth Leafs RW depth is much greater than the LW. For instance if we look at wings who can play in the NHL within our system LW: Kerfoot, Ritchie, Bunting, Engvall, Clifford, Seney, Robertson RW: Marner, Nylander, Kase, Mikheyev, Spezza, Simmonds, Anderson, Steeves, Ho-Sang (once he signs an NHL deal) So from that we can see the Leafs have plenty of RW but not alot of LW especially ones who can play top 6 So yeah Senyshyn really does not work for us as if we look at the RW depth he really has no spot. But as I said before if he was a LW there would be a chance. @aadoyle

(Our conversation was upset by the closing of the old thread. So I will resume it here)

A lot of the guys you listed as right wings are multi-positional.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:01 p.m.
What in tarnation
Question to everyone here

Who is the best player in the world outside NHL right now? Was having a discussion with my brother about the issue tonight, and I promised to ask some feedback from some other people watching hockey (you guys basically lol).

When Kaprizov was playing in KHL he was the easy answer but now we're in a bit of a pickle as we haven't really reached any kind of consensus on this matter. Is the best one even playing in KHL, or perhaps in juniors or possibly in University or something like that? Maybe in Switzerland.

Throw me some ideas about the issue. I'm positive we could figure out better names than Vadim Shipachyov.

Additional note: anyone answering Blake Comeau to this question deserves to have wet socks on them for the rest of the Christmas week lol
EsoYeezus69 and capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:05 p.m.
Quoting: justaBoss

Who is the best player in the world outside NHL right now? Was having a discussion with my brother about the issue tonight, and I promised to ask some feedback from some other people watching hockey (you guys basically lol).

When Kaprizov was playing in KHL he was the easy answer but now we're in a bit of a pickle as we haven't really reached any kind of consensus on this matter. Is the best one even playing in KHL, or perhaps in juniors or possibly in University or something like that? Maybe in Switzerland.

Throw me some ideas about the issue. I'm positive we could figure out better names than Vadim Shipachyov.

Additional note: anyone answering Blake Comeau to this question deserves to have wet socks on them for the rest of the Christmas week lol

Marco Rossi
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:08 p.m.

Who is the best player in the world outside NHL right now?

Me
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:13 p.m.
Go leafs go

Owen Power maybe?
oilersguy liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:14 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Saskleaf
Owen Power maybe?

Power was one of my suggestions but I haven't seen him play that many games against professionals
Saskleaf liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:16 p.m.

Probably a KHL player
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:24 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Power was one of my suggestions but I haven't seen him play that many games against professionals

Top AHLer (* points-wise & whose still young in age, from hockey.db)

Jakob Pelletier
Club: STOCKTON HEAT
23GP_10G_17A_+/-_+17

Left Wing -- shoots L
Born Mar 7 2001 -- Quebec, PQ
[20 yrs. ago]
Height 5.10 -- Weight 170 [178 cm/77 kg]
Drafted by Calgary Flames
- round 1 #26 overall 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Otherwise, the counter-player/alternative: Jagr-meister!!
justaBoss and capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:33 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

💀
justaBoss, EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan and 3 others liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:47 p.m.
What in tarnation

💀

Lol
EsoYeezus69, Devil, MitchMarner_16 and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:48 p.m.
Jinx god

They also deserve to have both sides of the pillow warm.

Edit: my pick would be the best player who retired this year, whoever that should be.
LeafsFanForSomeReason, justaBoss, A_Habs_fan and 2 others liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:51 p.m.
Quoting: EsoYeezus69

Woah now, that's a bit harsh.
EsoYeezus69, A_Habs_fan, oilersguy and 2 others liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:51 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: EsoYeezus69

Edit: my pick would be the best player who retired this year, whoever that should be.

And a small sharp rock in their shoes.
EsoYeezus69 and capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:52 p.m.
Jinx god
And a small sharp rock in their shoes.

And sawdust in their eyes.
justaBoss and capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 8:57 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

Wayne Gretzky
A_Habs_fan, justaBoss, capsfan2121 and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 9:00 p.m.
Wayne Gretzky

I think Ivan Ivan should be in the running
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 9:12 p.m.
What in tarnation
Wayne Gretzky

Lemme try this twitter language

Ahem

Mario Lemieux clear of him I'm afraid
Dec. 22, 2021 at 9:20 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan

Sounds about right

Lmao. The Leafs players aren’t surprising. The fact that Drouin is on here and Chiarot isn’t tells you all you need to know about the many garbage habs fans on this site (and the fact that other teams’ fans leech off their garbage ideas).
A_Habs_fan and capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 9:24 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

If we’re going outside of the KHL’s top players, maybe Matvei Michkov.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 9:24 p.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Lmao. The Leafs players aren’t surprising. The fact that Drouin is on here and Chiarot isn’t tells you all you need to know about the many garbage habs fans on this site (and the fact that other teams’ fans leech off their garbage ideas).

Yep, that list was Leafs fans and the new hot CF rumour or the UFA that’s cheap depth that probably gone
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Dec. 22, 2021 at 9:25 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15

Tbf during his time off last year he was constantly dumped from the Habs team, whether it was as a cap dump or possibly him "retiring" or something like that. Even I thought he was going to get moved.
TheFlamingC liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll