Edited Jan. 4 at 3:05 p.m.
what are the odds the Oilers fumble this year again.
because I really hope they dont waste another year.
get a goalie, get depth, go all in please. If they believe Smith/Kos/Skinner plus their current depth is winning a cup.
Were gonna see another prime Leon and Connor year wasted.
Oh yeah, the Oilers will waste another year with that defence and goaltending
The thing with Holland. He seems to have the right ideas but they never come together. This reminds me of his final years in Detroit after the golden era
This is the Oilers depth scoring numbers when RNH, Mcdavid, and Draisaitl are not on the ice
19/20 goalshare with 97/29/93 off the ice: 38%, 1.47 GF/60, 2.37 GA/60
20/21 goalshare with 97/29/93 off the ice: 35%, 1.4 GF/60, 2.62 GA/60
21/22 goalshare with 97/29/93 off the ice: 30%, 1.75 GF/60, 4 GA/60
So depth as you said is Issue #1
Issue #2 wtf did Holland spend 30mill on in FA
1. Zach Hyman 5.5mill x 7 years... (2 years of good and 5 years of torture -->Lucic)
2. Cody Ceci 3.25mill x 4 years...
3. Mike Smith 2mill x 2 years (Could have traded for Nedeljkovic or Vanacek)
4. Derek Ryan 1.25mill x 2 years (Was supposed to be 3c but is now 4c as 0 production happens)
5. Tyson Barrie 4.5mill x 2 years... (Already on the block)
Guys he could have signed
1. Pius Suter 3.25mill (3rd line center)
2. A proper starter if they dont trade for the options mentioned (Anderson 4.5x2 yrs)
3. Heinen 1.1mill x 1 year
4. Donato 750k x 1 year
And while not a signing buyout Koskinen (saves 3mill in space)
Issue #3 Offseason Trades
1. Bear for Foegele (Bear was a good young top 4 Dman and was moved for Foegele who has not been that productive)
2. Duncan Keith (You paid for a cap dump)
Some trades he could have made
1. Ellis (replace Myers with Bear and Patrick with a 2nd for the basis)
2. Graves (cost a 3rd)
3. Arvidsson (cost a 2nd + 3rd)
4. Buchnevich (before the confirmed illness Archibald + 2nd)
5. Nedeljkovic (Cost a 3rd + a goalie who never signed in Carolina)
Of these 4 Ellis, Graves, and Arvidsson would have been perfect
And finally Issue #4 Tippet
The guy is to predictable now and while you cant always stop Mcdavid and Draisaitl as the numbers show you slow or stop them Oilers got no depth scoring so usually ends up in a loss or less than 5 goals.