SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Discussion Thread #9 - Happy Holidays

Jan. 7, 2022 at 10:42 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Colorado traded their 1st this year so that could present a problem as you got to think Dallas wants a 2022 1st

Maybe Tampa? Cal Foote and a 1st
Jan. 7, 2022 at 11:14 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Facepalm
A_Habs_fan, zk97 and yikes liked this.
Jan. 7, 2022 at 11:15 p.m.
What in tarnation
Anyone noticed how odd season MacKinnon has had?

20 games, 33 points...sounds really good thus far, but...

Only half of those points are scored on even strength.

And only 4 of those points are goals. 3 of them on even strength.

For the sake of comparison. Cale Makar has 11 even strength goals.
MatthewsFan liked this.
Jan. 7, 2022 at 11:51 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: justaBoss

I was wondering about that and pretty surprised more people aint talking about it. Same with RNH as he is doing the exact same thing

Guess Kadri took the #1 guy spot lul as he seems to be on a role
Jan. 8, 2022 at 12:12 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
Edited Jan. 8, 2022 at 12:21 a.m.

Very sad news today
This one hurts since Teddy was almost the same age as me
Rip Teddy
EsoYeezus69, MatthewsFan, MitchMarner_16 and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 8:01 a.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: Devil1122

Very sad news today
Rip Teddy

Yeah and he’s pretty much the same age as me too.

This isn’t news you like to hear and certainly from someone this young.
capsfan2121, Devil and MatthewsFan liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 8:03 a.m.

Very sad news today
Rip Teddy

Who is that? Never heard of him
Edit: After doing research, that sucks, i have seen skate injuries before ( obviously not to that extent though, i know someone who got cut in the arm by a skate blade )
EsoYeezus69, capsfan2121, Devil and 3 others liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 9:46 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Very sad news today
Rip Teddy

Horrific story, prayers up for his parents/family
#sticksoutforteddy
capsfan2121, Devil, EsoYeezus69 and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 9:47 a.m.
New thread!
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/541873
Devil, EsoYeezus69 and capsfan2121 liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 10:44 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
NHL News + Rumors
Eichel will practice next week and hopes to return in February - Chris Johnston
The Flyers will end up trading Claude Giroux - Elliotte Friedman
Klingberg and Stars are nowhere close to extension - Elliotte Friedman
Jack Roslovic is available for trade. Jackets interested in moving Max Domi. Lawson Crouse has been gaining interest from teams - Frank Seravalli
Stars have been getting calls about Khudobin, but have to retain salary - Pierre LeBrun
A Stadium Series at West Point may be coming soon - NHL Rumors Daily
capsfan2121, EsoYeezus69, SevenLeg and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 10:58 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
NHL News + Rumors
Jack Roslovic is available for trade. Jackets interested in moving Max Domi. Lawson Crouse has been gaining interest from teams - Frank Seravalli
Stars have been getting calls about Khudobin, but have to retain salary - Pierre LeBrun

Capitals should jump on klingberg and giroux right away
Jan. 8, 2022 at 11:10 a.m.
Jinx god
NHL News + Rumors

Hopefully Nill doesn’t choke on getting a big return for Klingberg like he did on Oleksiak (could’ve traded him for a 1st at the deadline, but instead lost him for nothing. That first was Chaz Lucius.).

I’d be down to trade Dobby for retention if the package is nice, if they’re asking for him with retention for a 4th they can f*ck off.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 11:21 a.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Hopefully Nill doesn’t choke on getting a big return for Klingberg like he did on Oleksiak (could’ve traded him for a 1st at the deadline, but instead lost him for nothing. That first was Chaz Lucius.).

I’d be down to trade Dobby for retention if the package is nice, if they’re asking for him with retention for a 4th they can f*ck off.

Winnipeg offered a 1st for Oleksiak?
capsfan2121 and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 11:26 a.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: SevenLeg
Winnipeg offered a 1st for Oleksiak?

Yup
capsfan2121 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 12:05 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: Db1899
The isles really miss Ryan Pulock…was having a great start to the season despite having Chara as his D partner

I think Pulock is elite but I will say Chychrun is on a absolutely abysmal team and vocally expressed his “sadness” he wasn’t upset or disrespectful but you could tell he wasn’t happy with the moves and than suffered some bad luck as he looked good in some games but just suffered.

I think you can’t use this season as a huge deduction for Chychrun. I’m not saying discount it but I think you get what I’m saying.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 12:24 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
I think Pulock is elite but I will say Chychrun is on a absolutely abysmal team and vocally expressed his “sadness” he wasn’t upset or disrespectful but you could tell he wasn’t happy with the moves and than suffered some bad luck as he looked good in some games but just suffered.

I think you can’t use this season as a huge deduction for Chychrun. I’m not saying discount it but I think you get what I’m saying.

Obviously Chychrun is very good, i just don’t think he’s a game changer and you don’t give up 4 very good assets for a player who isn’t elite.

A lot of Chychruns value came from his shooting, which is why his xGAR was so high , now that he’s not scoring he’s not having a great impact on his team. Shooting is volatile for defenseman which is why it’s very risky to pay a big price for a defenseman after a season where he’s scored a ton of goals. Pulock went from one of the best finishers among defenseman to one of the worst in one season.

It’s very possible Chychrun struggles to score goals on his next team
Jan. 8, 2022 at 12:41 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Obviously Chychrun is very good, i just don’t think he’s a game changer and you don’t give up 4 very good assets for a player who isn’t elite.

A lot of Chychruns value came from his shooting, which is why his xGAR was so high , now that he’s not scoring he’s not having a great impact on his team. Shooting is volatile for defenseman which is why it’s very risky to pay a big price for a defenseman after a season where he’s scored a ton of goals. Pulock went from one of the best finishers among defenseman to one of the worst in one season.

It’s very possible Chychrun struggles to score goals on his next team

I agree - but seeing Chychrun a lot he is quite annoying to play against when he’s on. Nearly elite (like I wouldn’t have him on team Canada but he’s quite good). He’s solid overall and makes good plays in his own end but he just walks in and rips a laser for a goal.

I don’t think he’s worth like 4 firsts but I understand the ask. Because if he can become better defensively and continue his lethality he’s gonna be really coveted. He’s only 23 remember. He could bottom out if he can’t score but just as realistically and easily sky rocket if he finds his game more and matures while rounding his game out and if continues to score he’ll be quite valuable. Which is why Arizona is asking so high. So it’s a high ask but I can see why.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 12:49 p.m.
Grande Prairie AB

This happens to playmakers. Crosby hasn’t scored many goals either. When a guy is coming back from injury, he’s going to revert to skills he’s most comfortable with and for MacKinnon that’s making plays.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 12:50 p.m.
I agree - but seeing Chychrun a lot he is quite annoying to play against when he’s on. Nearly elite (like I wouldn’t have him on team Canada but he’s quite good). He’s solid overall and makes good plays in his own end but he just walks in and rips a laser for a goal.

I don’t think he’s worth like 4 firsts but I understand the ask. Because if he can become better defensively and continue his lethality he’s gonna be really coveted. He’s only 23 remember. He could bottom out if he can’t score but just as realistically and easily sky rocket if he finds his game more and matures while rounding his game out and if continues to score he’ll be quite valuable. Which is why Arizona is asking so high. So it’s a high ask but I can see why.

He’s a low end top pair two way defenseman - I am not arguing he is bad , just that he’s overrated and most teams shouldn’t pay the price. I understand why BA is asking a lot for Chychrun. Winnipeg and LAK are the only two teams that come to mind that can afford to trade for him.

If he was an elite passer and had elite two way ability , that’s more predictable. But the fact that most of his value comes from scoring goals and he’s injury prone makes it extremely risky to trade multiple high end assets for him. Like he’s not a game changer and he’s really not dynamic, this just feels very similar to the Duchene trade. I have no doubt BA will hold onto him until he gets what he wants, but whoever a pays a huge price is going to be disappointed after one season. Theyll expert him to change the trajectory of the team but he’s not that guy.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 12:53 p.m.

Also I’m tired of every few years the isles writers/fanbase argue they should overpay for players who aren’t elite 😂

capsfan2121, A_Habs_fan, zk97 and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 12:54 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: CementHead27
This happens to playmakers. Crosby hasn’t scored many goals either. When a guy is coming back from injury, he’s going to revert to skills he’s most comfortable with and for MacKinnon that’s making plays.

Sure, but it doesn't follow his recent career trajectory.

Last four seasons before this one his goals adjusted to 82 games are

2017-18: 43
2018-19: 41
2019-20: 42
2020-21: 34
2021-22: 16

There's a clear difference. Also all numbers go even higher if you add playoff stats to the total.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 12:57 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Also I’m tired of every few years the isles writers/fanbase argue they should overpay for players who aren’t elite 😂

Well that’s 2017 but also most people don’t understand the value of prospects. That’s seems to be just before Barzal first year I assume. Which either way Barzal was the guy I wanted the Sharks to draft at 9. Barzal was a elite prospect.

Like Barzal to hockey fans in 2017 before he broke out was really nothing. A lot of fans don’t care about prospects but follow hockey closely. Then a lot of fans follow hockey but not closely so than they even farther behind. Than there’s casual Hometown fans who really don’t know anything.

Like a good example would be friend who enjoys hockey but doesn’t follow it too closely (he was a wicked player tho, whereas I wasn’t close to his abilities) - will ask me about hockey things. Like he thought when Bishop retired that Bishop was “just a good goalie” and I had to explain to him how good Bishop really was (as he’s been in Dallas and Tampa; two non Canadian teams).

So you’ll see a lot of crap on Twitter haha from randos.
Db1899 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 12:58 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

FCVnlGrXoAQbGxQ?format=jpg&name=large

I hear ya
EsoYeezus69, Db1899, capsfan2121 and 7 others liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 1:01 p.m.
Quoting: MatthewsFan
FCVnlGrXoAQbGxQ?format=jpg&name=large

I hear ya

Lmao that’s brutal
EsoYeezus69, capsfan2121, LeafsFanForSomeReason and 3 others liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 1:05 p.m.
Lmao that’s brutal

Did you take into account that Nick Ritchie is 6ft 3" in that assessment?
yikes, Db1899, A_Habs_fan and 2 others liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll