SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021-2022 NHL Discussion Thread #9 - Happy Holidays

Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:10 p.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Chara in a sheltered role is in theory fine, but you’re not doing that

Chara’s not even good enough to be in a sheltered role - he’s completely cooked. The isles decided to break up arguably the best D pair in the NHL to accommodate Chara. Nice of the isles to throw away so Chara can break the games played record for a defenseman
yikes and capsfan2121 liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:15 p.m.
What in tarnation
This Stars - Penguins game is looking quite entertaining
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:15 p.m.
What in tarnation

Lmao
capsfan2121, yikes, zk97 and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:16 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: Devil1122

Amazing tears of joy
capsfan2121 liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:17 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Quoting: justaBoss

Lmao

Can Kane argue against this or is termination waivers approved by the league prior to happening?
Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:18 p.m.
Quoting: yikes
However Kane being a UFA should get teams worried.

Take this in…

Tampa Bay Lightning. (Sit down Kane obviously and have a talk):

Evander Kane signs.

750k - 1m

Three peat.

Im just saying👀👀👀👀

I would gladly take Kane onto the team.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:19 p.m.
What in tarnation
Can Kane argue against this or is termination waivers approved by the league prior to happening?

Gotta imagine SJ would first need to ask for permission of terminating the contract before they can report it to Kane and to the public.

Would be such a farce if that wasn't allowed at the end of the day.
capsfan2121 and yikes liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:21 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
Gotta imagine SJ would first need to ask for permission of terminating the contract before they can report it to Kane and to the public.

Would be such a farce if that wasn't allowed at the end of the day.

Gotta think so - would be interesting to hear Kane’s take. Which we won’t hear for a while. He HATES the SJS writers lmao. Sheng Peng was bodied by him the other week lol
Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:27 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Gotta think so - would be interesting to hear Kane’s take. Which we won’t hear for a while. He HATES the SJS writers lmao. Sheng Peng was bodied by him the other week lol

I thought his contract can only be terminated IF he does something that violates the teams rule (similar to what happened to TDA)
Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:29 p.m.
My favourite is the The Jeff Marek Show and segments with Elliotte. They very interesting or enjoyable but one thing that bothered me (unless they’ve changed their tune) - they were clearly hesitant on critiquing Trotz.

They were basically saying what things were going wrong in terms of things the isles have control of (like hindsight not trading Toews, the Komerov/ Barzal winger debacle) than they moved into the Chara issue with big Z getting like 18 min a night. They clearly knew it was:

Stupid
Poor utilization
And a Coaches decision

Yet they were openly trying to both criticize the Isles but not.. openly tear Trotz up. Now obviously they’re professionals and have relationships they need to maintain ETC ETC ETC, there’s a ton of reasons.

But I would’ve like to hear:

“Yeah Trotz is obviously a amazing coach and deserves all the respect, but he currently is a major reason why the Isles are struggling due to the current roster utilization in not giving guys like Wahlstrom, Barzal, Beaulliver (knowing that’s spelt incorrectly) the proper ice time or freedom and than over using Zdeno.”

Trotz isn’t the reason why the Isles have completely flopped but I do wish there was more criticism while being respectful.

Well said. It’s insane that the real reason isles have struggled hasn’t been reported by anyone. I’m waiting for someone to do a deep dive into the isles season. Hopefully Kevin Kurz does it.

The Pelech-Pulock pairing is to the isles what the perfection line is to Boston. They are dominant lines that cover up for their teams flaws in other parts of the lineup. Pelech-Pulock is the isles best weapon at 5v5 and the #1 reason why the isles have had success over the last few years.

Another thing is the isles powerplay has been brutal since Trotz has been head coach, it’s why Barzals counting stats have been lower than expected - the simple solution was to put one of Wahlstrom/Bellows on the same unit as Barzal so that Barzal can have an elite shooter opposite of him. That wasn’t done up until 11 games ago, since then the isles have been operating at around 30% and have been one of the best PP in the league. Barzal has 13 points in his last 8 games. It really comes down to the fact that the isles have a huge loyalty issue and until they get over that and start playing their best players in high leverage situations they will struggle
yikes and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:30 p.m.
Go leafs go
Evander Kane is on unconditional waivers for mutual termination, he’s most likely going to sign with a playoff team now

WWWWWWWW

Take this in…

Evander Kane signs.

750k - 1m

Three peat.

Im just saying👀👀👀👀

Watch Carolina's going to sign him.
capsfan2121, zk97 and yikes liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:30 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Saskleaf
Watch Carolina's going to sign him.

That team has enough depth. It makes me sick
Saskleaf and yikes liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:34 p.m.
EklundCelebriniSmith
I thought his contract can only be terminated IF he does something that violates the teams rule (similar to what happened to TDA)

Breach in team rules and then violation of AHL and NHL COVID protocols are the violations to his termination
Devil liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:49 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137

Take this in…

Evander Kane signs.

750k - 1m

Three peat.

Im just saying👀👀👀👀

Evander Kane - Brendan Leipsic - Jake Virtanen line for Team Canada.

God help me if that happens
Saskleaf, zk97, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:50 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Evander Kane - Brendan Leipsic - Jake Virtanen line for Team Canada.

God help me if that happens

Haha it's gonna happen.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 2:53 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: Saskleaf
Haha it's gonna happen.

God I hope not. As disappointed as I am with no best on best this year at the Olympics, I’m kinda jacked to see more College players added. Bringing it back to amateur status
capsfan2121 and Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 3:03 p.m.

Lmao

Lol, Kane shouldn’t get another NHL job but he’ll be our Antonio Brown isn’t he…
zk97, justaBoss and MatthewsFan liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 3:06 p.m.
What in tarnation
Lol, Kane shouldn’t get another NHL job but he’ll be our Antonio Brown isn’t he…

Agreed, but it's a business and there's use for Kane's skills in the league, unfortunately.
A_Habs_fan and zk97 liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 3:17 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Agreed, but it's a business and there's use for Kane's skills in the league, unfortunately.

Dundon is the only one I see who doesn’t give two ****s, if Kane goes anywhere, IMO it’s CAR
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 3:18 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/541873 50 pages -> new thread
Jan. 8, 2022 at 3:23 p.m.

People within the NHL community really have been blessed for so long with players, for the most part being extremely professional and representing the game well. This is shown in the what is almost "hatred" for Kane. Players in the NFL get arrested and do far worse( like actually get arrested) and still get employed (see Chiefs for example). that being said, Kane has done very little in comparison to other players in other major sports, yet gets outcasted a horrendous person within the community.

Like you said, it's a business and he can play hockey. He'll find another job.

I think Tony Deangelo, being professional this year after literally fighting his previous teammates only improves Kane's chances.
justaBoss liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 3:23 p.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
In a sense, yeah it's crazy. Like it's not unexpected because a lot of people can't bring themselves to admit they were wrong, even about something so trivial. But seeing as the majority of the criticism he faced was from within the fanbase that cheers for the team he's on, you would think they'd be willing to get behind his success.

Willy is having an All-Star type performance this year.
Nylander has 0 secondary assists at even strength; all 21 of his even strength points this season are primary points. He is either the primary passer or the scorer for every goal that that line has scored at even strength. And leads the Lesfs with 35 points this year.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 3:28 p.m.
Quoting: Sklikly
People within the NHL community really have been blessed for so long with players, for the most part being extremely professional and representing the game well. This is shown in the what is almost "hatred" for Kane. Players in the NFL get arrested and do far worse( like actually get arrested) and still get employed (see Chiefs for example). that being said, Kane has done very little in comparison to other players in other major sports, yet gets outcasted a horrendous person within the community.

Like you said, it's a business and he can play hockey. He'll find another job.

I think Tony Deangelo, being professional this year after literally fighting his previous teammates only improves Kane's chances.

The NFL is different though, many people there don’t care about this stuff, but NHL fans tend to care more which is why guys like Virtanen, Tony D, etc have left the league, even if they came back later
capsfan2121 liked this.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 3:37 p.m.
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Willy is having an All-Star type performance this year.
Nylander has 0 secondary assists at even strength; all 21 of his even strength points this season are primary points. He is either the primary passer or the scorer for every goal that that line has scored at even strength. And leads the Lesfs with 35 points this year.

I know. And yet many of his critics either still find pointless things to complain about or don't support him with nearly the same vigor that they slandered him.
Jan. 8, 2022 at 3:40 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

Take this in…

Evander Kane signs.

750k - 1m

Three peat.

Im just saying👀👀👀👀

Or Toronto...

Just picture now this

They waived ritchie and replaced him with Kane who can score 20 goals next to AM and MM....

Not gonna happen but honestly I could see Kane being the next DeAngelo where we laugh now but he signs a very cheap deal goes to a competitor and utterly dominates
Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll