SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

What do you guys see the leafs doing

Dec. 31, 2021 at 3:27 p.m.
I want to know some mock trades that I can use in my next armchair gm and Happy New Year!
Jan. 1, 2022 at 10:26 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Jhockey06
I want to know some mock trades that I can use in my next armchair gm and Happy New Year!

With the Leafs cap situation, with the Leafs playing well their current roster.....very few changes if any unless injuries might force adjustments.
leaflet and BigDaddyOvech liked this.
Jan. 2, 2022 at 4:22 p.m.
The team is pretty strong as is. I thought the Leafs should target a low-cost Dman like Mayfield at the TDL, to take on the 3rd RD spot and give us some more depth. But after seeing Biega play, it seems that he can fill an injury efficiently on the right side. Dubas could also target a depth centre, just in case. But we are in no hurries for a trade.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 12:17 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: leaflet
The team is pretty strong as is. I thought the Leafs should target a low-cost Dman like Mayfield at the TDL, to take on the 3rd RD spot and give us some more depth. But after seeing Biega play, it seems that he can fill an injury efficiently on the right side. Dubas could also target a depth centre, just in case. But we are in no hurries for a trade.

Yep

I see 2 paths

1. Leafs go big and trade for a top 4 rental Dman like Lindholm, Giordano, Manson, etc.

2. Trade for good depth pieces like Greene, Braun, Brassard, Mayfield etc.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 5, 2022 at 1:21 a.m.
The problem with your first scenario is how those "all in, go for it" trades didn't really work last season. So spend more draft capital again on a "go for it" scenario again?

I feel the core players on this team have to show up in a big way in the playoffs. These core players have to carry this team into round 2 and beyond.
Jan. 5, 2022 at 5:16 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: aadoyle
Yep

I see 2 paths

1. Leafs go big and trade for a top 4 rental Dman like Lindholm, Giordano, Manson, etc.

2. Trade for good depth pieces like Greene, Braun, Brassard, Mayfield etc.

To add to this

This is their record since that comeback win vs. Chicago

Basically rn they are the best team in the NHL, minus the win record

So I think option 2 is gonna be what they go for

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll