Pasquale, Eddie
$750,000$750,000
LaLeggia, Joey
$750,000$750,000
Blain, Jeremie
$750,000$750,000
Murray, Jordan
$750,000$750,000
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
ODell, Eric
$750,000$750,000
DeDominico, Chris
$750,000$750,000
Manning, Brandon
$750,000$750,000
Sproul, Ryan
$750,000$750,000
Dubnyk, Devon
$750,000$750,000

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 2, 2022 at 1:18 a.m.
Sabres are elite
That is the saddest collection of players I've ever seen on CF. Can't guys like Bedard, Wright etc go?
Jan. 2, 2022 at 1:49 a.m.
Quoting: Skyraider112
That is the saddest collection of players I've ever seen on CF. Can't guys like Bedard, Wright etc go?

Lol, they are eligible, not sure if they’ll make it or not. These guys are all playing and ripping up pro leagues whereas Bedard and Wright are in major Junior. All that said, I wouldn’t be shocked if they went
Jan. 2, 2022 at 2:44 a.m.
Banned

my guess is they won't take Bedard he's A. only 16 and B. he's small. Too small for the Olympic stage at this point. You can hide lack of experience with size some times but you aren't going to do both.
Wright on the other hand maybe.
I don't know, I watched both WJC20 games canada played, looking at both of those guys and a few more. Bedard looked good, but I don't think he projects to the same level at the NHL level.
It's kind of the Jack Hughes thing. He's smallish and a lot of what he gets away with now, he won't get away with at the NHL level. It's taken Jack his whole rookie contract to even look competent on the ice. And while his play has improved there is a very real sense he's not a franchise guy like they hyped him to be. No one is gonna mistake him for a McDavid or Crosby in his career.
That's ok, he's not a bust, but he's never gonna be "the guy". Looking at Bedard I had the same feel watching him play. Lot of open ice, stick work, things in passing lanes that won't work at the NHL level.

For Wright, I honestly expected to see more out of him in those two games. It's not like he didn't have opportunity. I think the lack of games is effecting him. He looked sluggish. I caught him just standing and watching a few times. He wasn't keeping his feet moving and that's not a good sign on a center.
The biggest thing I noticed on him was, due to his standing still, he lacked speed. Don't get me wrong, and I've said this on here before I think. He has speed. He won foot races. But when you are flat food standing and you are trying to beat another guy to the puck, you're going to lose. And I saw that a lot in his two WJC20 games. His standing and watching in the D Zone isn't going to cut it next level.
He needs to play more games and get with a coach and fix out those bad habits. No ice time during the break I think stunted him. Because he sure as hell did not stand out. I know he's only 17, but he had a lot more to offer than that, and the play on his end looked sloppy. I'm not going to sugar coat it.

For both those reasons, I'm not sure we'll see either of these two guys on an Olympic team.
Skyraider112 liked this.
Jan. 2, 2022 at 3:26 a.m.
Get guys from 90s/early 2000s drafts that were superstars and give them a shot lol
Jan. 2, 2022 at 1:08 p.m.
Quoting: Theozler
Get guys from 90s/early 2000s drafts that were superstars and give them a shot lol

Lol, they’re a bit old
Jan. 2, 2022 at 10:23 p.m.
Quoting: TheFlamingC
Lol, they’re a bit old

True but I guarantee it’s draw more attention
TheFlamingC liked this.
Jan. 2, 2022 at 11:22 p.m.
Quoting: Theozler
True but I guarantee it’s draw more attention

For sure
Jan. 3, 2022 at 3:16 p.m.
Sabres are elite
Quoting: pharrow
my guess is they won't take Bedard he's A. only 16 and B. he's small. Too small for the Olympic stage at this point. You can hide lack of experience with size some times but you aren't going to do both.
Wright on the other hand maybe.
I don't know, I watched both WJC20 games canada played, looking at both of those guys and a few more. Bedard looked good, but I don't think he projects to the same level at the NHL level.
It's kind of the Jack Hughes thing. He's smallish and a lot of what he gets away with now, he won't get away with at the NHL level. It's taken Jack his whole rookie contract to even look competent on the ice. And while his play has improved there is a very real sense he's not a franchise guy like they hyped him to be. No one is gonna mistake him for a McDavid or Crosby in his career.
That's ok, he's not a bust, but he's never gonna be "the guy". Looking at Bedard I had the same feel watching him play. Lot of open ice, stick work, things in passing lanes that won't work at the NHL level.

For Wright, I honestly expected to see more out of him in those two games. It's not like he didn't have opportunity. I think the lack of games is effecting him. He looked sluggish. I caught him just standing and watching a few times. He wasn't keeping his feet moving and that's not a good sign on a center.
The biggest thing I noticed on him was, due to his standing still, he lacked speed. Don't get me wrong, and I've said this on here before I think. He has speed. He won foot races. But when you are flat food standing and you are trying to beat another guy to the puck, you're going to lose. And I saw that a lot in his two WJC20 games. His standing and watching in the D Zone isn't going to cut it next level.
He needs to play more games and get with a coach and fix out those bad habits. No ice time during the break I think stunted him. Because he sure as hell did not stand out. I know he's only 17, but he had a lot more to offer than that, and the play on his end looked sloppy. I'm not going to sugar coat it.

For both those reasons, I'm not sure we'll see either of these two guys on an Olympic team.

Very adept reasoning. Bedard was fantastic in the two games at World Juniors and I can see where you are coming from with how his skill-set may not translate, or may take a while to adjust, to the NHL/pro level. However, Bedard has an NHL quality shot already, of that there is no doubt. He can flat out beat goalies from all over the ice, which is what has made him so lethal at any level of competition so far. Wright did not have a good showing at the 2 games in the WJC. Extremely difficult to gauge what his future NHL impact could be. However, if any team passes on him in the draft, they will probably look foolish 5 years down the road
Jan. 3, 2022 at 4:18 p.m.
I wonder if the University of Michigan will let Power go to the Olympics? He played well at the 2021 world championships so I'm confident Hockey Canada would want him.
Klara liked this.
Jan. 3, 2022 at 6:46 p.m.
Banned
Very adept reasoning. Bedard was fantastic in the two games at World Juniors and I can see where you are coming from with how his skill-set may not translate, or may take a while to adjust, to the NHL/pro level. However, Bedard has an NHL quality shot already, of that there is no doubt. He can flat out beat goalies from all over the ice, which is what has made him so lethal at any level of competition so far. Wright did not have a good showing at the 2 games in the WJC. Extremely difficult to gauge what his future NHL impact could be. However, if any team passes on him in the draft, they will probably look foolish 5 years down the road

I have no doubt that Wright will be taken 1st, I totally agree with that logic. I think my point with him is, his development is all messed up because of the last year. It's hard for guys to make such jumps with no real organized play and coaching. All the skills are there, but the lack of coaching and play is so evident right now. He's gonna take time to develop.
As for Bedard it takes more than a shot. No matter how good that shot is. It's very hard to play a modern game without being an anchor if all you have is a shot.
He's not a bad player, he's really good for his level of play. But when he hits a league where everyone else around him is at a really high level too, a lot of what he gets away with will be gone.
Lanes will close up, there will be less space, goalies will be far better. It's not like you're looking at a guy with tons of creativity. Your not going to see him passing the puck to himself off the back of the net below the goal line to get around guys. He uses his speed, might be around guys that won't stand him up and separate him from the puck, and has shot. There are a lot of guys like that in the NHL. But a lot of them have size to go with it to fight for a 50/50 puck, dig it out the corner etc... Those things matter. When you realize those are the same things that really knock say Hughes game and have really dampened the results on a guy like Cole Caufield in MTL you can start to see where this is going. No way they take him to OG because of that. I'm sure he'll get drafted high, but then again he might fall like Cole for the same reasons. Teams are really less accepting of taking on incomplete players. Even if there is upside to them. Look at a guy like Kessel. He's not gonna win puck battles and he's not going to play defense. It's dogged him his whole career. Has he put up points, sure has. Hell he was even a guy on the right line who could help make a huge impact to win a cup......but it wears thin to the point that even the team he won a cup with chased him out the door. Meanwhile you look at a guy like Stutzle he's fast, has a good shot and has the size to get a puck and help play defense, Which is why he has looked so good instantly.
You have to be able to be able to have your game grow not shrink at the next level. But Bedard's game has a lot of areas to shrink and limited areas to grow.
Skyraider112 liked this.
Jan. 3, 2022 at 7:55 p.m.
Quoting: Mr_Canoehead
I wonder if the University of Michigan will let Power go to the Olympics? He played well at the 2021 world championships so I'm confident Hockey Canada would want him.

I wouldn’t be shocked to see him go
Mr_Canoehead liked this.
Jan. 3, 2022 at 8:28 p.m.
Quoting: TheFlamingC
I wouldn’t be shocked to see him go

In terms of play, he should be there. It would be weird for the athletic department to block him from going while other Michigan students will likely be going in other sports. What might help Power is that even with a medal game, he would be back for the last two Big 10 regular season games before the Big 10 and NCAA tournaments.
TheFlamingC liked this.
Jan. 3, 2022 at 9:25 p.m.
Sabres are elite
Quoting: pharrow
I have no doubt that Wright will be taken 1st, I totally agree with that logic. I think my point with him is, his development is all messed up because of the last year. It's hard for guys to make such jumps with no real organized play and coaching. All the skills are there, but the lack of coaching and play is so evident right now. He's gonna take time to develop.
As for Bedard it takes more than a shot. No matter how good that shot is. It's very hard to play a modern game without being an anchor if all you have is a shot.
He's not a bad player, he's really good for his level of play. But when he hits a league where everyone else around him is at a really high level too, a lot of what he gets away with will be gone.
Lanes will close up, there will be less space, goalies will be far better. It's not like you're looking at a guy with tons of creativity. Your not going to see him passing the puck to himself off the back of the net below the goal line to get around guys. He uses his speed, might be around guys that won't stand him up and separate him from the puck, and has shot. There are a lot of guys like that in the NHL. But a lot of them have size to go with it to fight for a 50/50 puck, dig it out the corner etc... Those things matter. When you realize those are the same things that really knock say Hughes game and have really dampened the results on a guy like Cole Caufield in MTL you can start to see where this is going. No way they take him to OG because of that. I'm sure he'll get drafted high, but then again he might fall like Cole for the same reasons. Teams are really less accepting of taking on incomplete players. Even if there is upside to them. Look at a guy like Kessel. He's not gonna win puck battles and he's not going to play defense. It's dogged him his whole career. Has he put up points, sure has. Hell he was even a guy on the right line who could help make a huge impact to win a cup......but it wears thin to the point that even the team he won a cup with chased him out the door. Meanwhile you look at a guy like Stutzle he's fast, has a good shot and has the size to get a puck and help play defense, Which is why he has looked so good instantly.
You have to be able to be able to have your game grow not shrink at the next level. But Bedard's game has a lot of areas to shrink and limited areas to grow.

Again very good points. Bedard is only 16 and doesn't turn 17 for another 6 months. He is currently listed at 5'9'' and 181 lbs. That's very good weight for his height and age. What's the likelihood that he grows another inch or two? Probably pretty good. Most adult males grow until around 18-19 so there is a good chance he naturally gains some more height and that would really help him at the NHL level in the future. He is such a dynamic player and has shown the ability to dominate players who are 2-3 years older than him for a while now. I have little doubt he can do the same in the NHL, but probably you are correct in saying the OG may be too much to ask of him at this point. It would be mega cool though to see a 16 year old phenom play in the OG

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll