SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New York Rangers

Early deadline targets

Jan. 4, 2022 at 8:20 a.m.
vosse9
Right now sitting as the number one team in the league. Our two weakest spots right now are RW and left side d man on the third pair. Goodrow doing an ok job last couple games but that line had its max production when Jesper Fast was the winger. Nemeth has not worked out at all on the left side third pair. D has looked considerably better with his absence last two games. A right d man is an option if Zach Jones stays in the lineup. Shutout of Tampa and holding the oilers to 1 goal. Could be a simple vet depth signing or trying to make a bigger splash. Very early to talk about and hope we don’t go too crazy trading picks or prospects
Jan. 4, 2022 at 8:44 a.m.
Silentfox1
I don't think ANA will sell. They will be in the playoff picture.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 8:47 a.m.
vosse9
Quoting: silentfox1
I don't think ANA will sell. They will be in the playoff picture.

They’ve been a pleasant surprise so far but can’t see them sustaining all season. Guys I listed have too much value to let walk in the off-season. See them falling out of contention, resigning one of them and getting some good picks or prospects for the other two
silentfox1 liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 8:48 a.m.
I don't see Brown leaving the Kings. Edler is on LTIR
vosse9 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 8:55 a.m.
vosse9
Quoting: kingsfaninSD
I don't see Brown leaving the Kings. Edler is on LTIR

I agree. I see him retiring there. He’s just the perfect guy for our second line and great playoff pedigree. Did not realize that on Edler. He was my preferred summer time Swedish target to play with Lundkvist instead of Nemeth
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 9:18 a.m.
I still think you have to consider Giroux and Pavelski as targets which help at C and push Strome to RW to fill that void. Obviously over the next 10 games they could be closer to a wild card spot or o further out which could determine if they are considering selling or not. But they are very notable UFA to add. The rest of the list makes sense and we need about 12-15 more games played to see where those teams are at.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 9:43 a.m.
vosse9
Quoting: NYR1983
I still think you have to consider Giroux and Pavelski as targets which help at C and push Strome to RW to fill that void. Obviously over the next 10 games they could be closer to a wild card spot or o further out which could determine if they are considering selling or not. But they are very notable UFA to add. The rest of the list makes sense and we need about 12-15 more games played to see where those teams are at.

I do like the Big Pavelski for sure. I was leaning towards Dallas being a playoff team so that’s why I glossed over them. Giroux I wasn’t sure was worth the cost it might be for a division opponent to part with
Jan. 4, 2022 at 9:45 a.m.
Quoting: vosse9
I do like the Big Pavelski for sure. I was leaning towards Dallas being a playoff team so that’s why I glossed over them. Giroux I wasn’t sure was worth the cost it might be for a division opponent to part with

The cost difference will be us not having retention on him. You know owners will like that. Major advantage for us
Jan. 4, 2022 at 9:55 a.m.
I don't think Murphy is available
OldNYIfan, silentfox1 and vosse9 liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I think that Phil Kessel and Reilly Smith are good and realistic targets for you. (One, not both.)
silentfox1 liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 10:15 a.m.
vosse9
Quoting: Wadejos123
I don't think Murphy is available

I don’t think so either but if he was I’d be interested if the price was reasonable
Jan. 4, 2022 at 10:16 a.m.
vosse9
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I think that Phil Kessel and Reilly Smith are good and realistic targets for you. (One, not both.)

Agree it’s just one. All we can afford and would need right now. For price and fit I like smith the best. He’s been rumored there for a bit. Might end up being best bang for our buck with Vegas cap situation
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 10:17 a.m.
Quoting: vosse9
I don’t think so either but if he was I’d be interested if the price was reasonable

It would be a 1st+. He's really good and really under rated as a right handed shut down dman and we got him locked up very reasonably at 4.4 x 4
Jan. 4, 2022 at 10:30 a.m.
vosse9
Quoting: Wadejos123
It would be a 1st+. He's really good and really under rated as a right handed shut down dman and we got him locked up very reasonably at 4.4 x 4

Big oversight by me there. Didn’t realize he was locked up like that. I’ll take him off my board for sure haha

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll