SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Minnesota Wild

Rossi and Boldy called up

Jan. 4, 2022 at 10:29 a.m.
Both have been called up, really hoping they play with Fiala
https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1478380620405485579?s=20
mnwild1790 liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 10:33 a.m.
My guess is that they split em up, but it will be interesting to see what shakes out and how they handle themselves. From the Iowa games I’ve watched this year, Boldy seems a bit more ready, but I’ve never been a good prospect evaluator, so I could be very wrong.
TanSor and MatthewsFan liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 10:36 a.m.
Ovchinnikov 137
Inject that 2nd line into my veins! Hope that line gets put together. Love MIN future
TanSor and mnwild1790 liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 10:38 a.m.
Quoting: drmantalban
My guess is that they split em up, but it will be interesting to see what shakes out and how they handle themselves. From the Iowa games I’ve watched this year, Boldy seems a bit more ready, but I’ve never been a good prospect evaluator, so I could be very wrong.

Guessing that's the case too since Dean likes to "spread the wealth", but from the limited sample size I've seen them play together I think they have really good chemistry. Fiala seems like a natural fit if you play them together and I think Boldy especially would compliment Fiala very well with his play away from the puck.
MNCountryClub liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 10:39 a.m.
Give me Boldy-Rossi-Fiala!
TanSor liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
Quoting: TanSor
Guessing that's the case too since Dean likes to "spread the wealth", but from the limited sample size I've seen them play together I think they have really good chemistry. Fiala seems like a natural fit if you play them together and I think Boldy especially would compliment Fiala very well with his play away from the puck.

Yeah I’ve noticed the same, they have good chemistry and the skill level to play with Fiala. It would def be exciting, I just think Dean will hedge against Boston line matching and beating up on them a bit.

I guess we’ll get a general idea after they practice today.
TanSor liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 11:16 a.m.
OMG OMG OMG OMG. I'm freaking out over here! The future is starting to become the present!
Jan. 4, 2022 at 12:02 p.m.

Quoting: drmantalban
Yeah I’ve noticed the same, they have good chemistry and the skill level to play with Fiala. It would def be exciting, I just think Dean will hedge against Boston line matching and beating up on them a bit.

I guess we’ll get a general idea after they practice today.

Honestly, depending on how practice goes. It might work, it might not. But I would hesitate to put two rookies on a line with Fiala. Because, as much as I love him, it's still Fiala. That's asking for trouble.

Having a single rookie on a line is safer all things considered, and I wouldn't be surprised if they split them up and give Rossi his shot with Kaprizov and Zuccarello from the get go. It's honestly giving him the highest chance to succeed right away. Same with Boldy. Furthermore, it comes down to better line balance. Kap and Zucc get the dynamic playmaking scorer their line truly needs and Fiala gets the gritty defensive minded but skilled enough to compliment him line that he needs.

Kaprizov-Rossi-Zuccarello
Fiala-Hartman-Boldy

That's what I hope to see. If it doesn't work, then, move them around. Until both Rossi and Boldy get some experience up with the big club, I'd rather keep them off separate lines.
TanSor, MNCountryClub and Morzski liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 12:12 p.m.
Quoting: RazWild
Honestly, depending on how practice goes. It might work, it might not. But I would hesitate to put two rookies on a line with Fiala. Because, as much as I love him, it's still Fiala. That's asking for trouble.

Having a single rookie on a line is safer all things considered, and I wouldn't be surprised if they split them up and give Rossi his shot with Kaprizov and Zuccarello from the get go. It's honestly giving him the highest chance to succeed right away. Same with Boldy. Furthermore, it comes down to better line balance. Kap and Zucc get the dynamic playmaking scorer their line truly needs and Fiala gets the gritty defensive minded but skilled enough to compliment him line that he needs.

Fiala-Hartman-Boldy

That's what I hope to see. If it doesn't work, then, move them around. Until both Rossi and Boldy get some experience up with the big club, I'd rather keep them off separate lines.

Definitely split the rookies up. I don't want to see two players making their debut on the same line. Eventually the goal will be Fiala-Rossi-Boldy but let them get their feet wet before diving in the deep end.
TanSor and RazWild liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 12:15 p.m.
Quoting: RazWild

Fiala-Hartman-Boldy

You make a good point, Fiala does turn the puck over a ton and might not be the best "vet" to put Boldy and Rossi with. At the same time though he also creates a ton of chances and Rossi and Boldy should be able to put those chances in the net... I dunno. I see your argument though and I wouldn't be all that surprised if Dean constructs the lines that way.

That being said, I guess why fix something that isn't broken by moving Hartman? He has been a great fit for Kaprizov and Zucc. No, he's not a dynamic playmaker, but he can score and he creates space for those two to really shine.

Edit: well, looks like we're both sort of right.

MNCountryClub and RazWild liked this.
Jan. 4, 2022 at 12:59 p.m.
You make a good point, Fiala does turn the puck over a ton and might not be the best "vet" to put Boldy and Rossi with. At the same time though he also creates a ton of chances and Rossi and Boldy should be able to put those chances in the net... I dunno. I see your argument though and I wouldn't be all that surprised if Dean constructs the lines that way.

That being said, I guess why fix something that isn't broken by moving Hartman? He has been a great fit for Kaprizov and Zucc. No, he's not a dynamic playmaker, but he can score and he creates space for those two to really shine.

Edit: well, looks like we're both sort of right.

Honestly, it was more about keeping Zuccarello with Kaprizov than it was trying to move Hartman off that line more than anything else. I was initially thinking of switching out Zuccarello for Boldy, but decided against it. 🤷‍♂️

Other than that, I've toyed with that second line idea before too. It makes sense to stick Moose there, gotta protect the kid after all. Smart move, Deano!

Poor Boldy though... although I really do like Duhaime. That looks to be the new ad-hoc 3rd checking line.
TanSor liked this.
Jan. 10, 2022 at 8:16 p.m.
Boldy looks like he belongs in the top-6. Rossi looks like he belongs in the AHL.
Jan. 10, 2022 at 8:32 p.m.
Quoting: wabit
Boldy looks like he belongs in the top-6. Rossi looks like he belongs in the AHL.

For now.

But my biggest takeaway was that while he made some mistakes and wasn't necessarily impactful, he held his own for the most part and didn't look out of place. The talent is obvious and it's only a matter of time before he's on the roster full-time. He may not be as ready as Boldy, but he's close.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll