SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/The Box

All Topics Discussion Thread

Jan. 23, 2022 at 8:41 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
What do you mean by distractions?

How do you block everything out and focus on your work. At school I’m on a iPad all day. There is no paper. There is a ton of distractions. That’s way I’m on this website all day. Then I go home and do no work and do nothing. I turn on the tv do nothing. I feel worthless sometimes. Do you think it’s because I switched schools. I wasn’t like this before
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 8:43 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Quoting: capsfan2121
How do you block everything out and focus on your work. At school I’m on a iPad all day. There is no paper. There is a ton of distractions. That’s way I’m on this website all day. Then I go home and do no work and do nothing. I turn on the tv do nothing. I feel worthless sometimes. Do you think it’s because I switched schools. I wasn’t like this before

being completely honest i've been like what you're describing since covid started
maybe its that covid instilled some bad habits in us that we're all gonna need to work hard to get rid of
Jan. 23, 2022 at 8:46 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Zuki9797
being completely honest i've been like what you're describing since covid started
maybe its that covid instilled some bad habits in us that we're all gonna need to work hard to get rid of

I haven’t had real school in two years. This is my first year of it. I agree with you. When covid hit I didn’t hand in assignments and barely went to the meets. What didn’t help is I would go to work with my dad and he does construction in the hamptons. So I would just sit in the car from 8-6 everyday. Until eighth grade where I went to school twice a week and did virtual the rest of the days
zk97 and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 8:54 p.m.
Jinx god

Well currently for you School should be your number one priority. If you’re finished all you have to do than stuff like that shouldn’t be a problem, it’s when you neglect the important things for non-important things, that’s the problem.

At School if you’re on an iPad all day, you should do the work then do other stuff after (IF you get what you’re learning, if not re-do the work until you know how it works and why that’s the reason it is). For example if I’m doing Math and I get the problem I do the work and done, after that I find something else to do, but if I don’t get it, I try to find the answer and figure out why that’s the answer.

When you arrive home it’s fine that you watch the TV, but if you do that before your homework (if you have any) then it’s not alright. Finish what’s most important then after do what you want. When I went working in the woods in the summer of 2020, we worked from 6:30AM to 5:00PM and after that I did other fun things, but when I was working I’d always finish my job because that was the most important thing to do.

The key to dealing with distractions is abstinence, which means restricting yourself of doing things you shouldn’t do (in this context it’s restricting yourself of doing things you shouldn’t do before you finish your work).
capsfan2121 and Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 8:54 p.m.
Tintin over 1122

How do we get rid of then
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 8:56 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM

still figuring that out tbh
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 8:57 p.m.
Jinx god

I’m one of the only people Covid helped me.

Before it started I was in close to being in a major depression. After it hit it gave me time to re-think my life and introduce a more mature/dominant person, not a cringy kid like I was.
zk97 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 8:58 p.m.

That’s a lot of peoples problem and having ADHD certainly doesn’t help
capsfan2121, zk97 and Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 9:00 p.m.
cautious optimism

I haven’t really blocked out any distractions at all: I just work around them, If that makes sense. I think I’m on CapFriendly on my school computer more than I’m on Google Classroom. Whenever I need to get something done, I keep my computer open (if I’m working on paper) and occasionally look up at it sometimes. Music helps a lot too: just pack some earbuds and bring your phone/tablet, boot up your music provider of choice (I use YouTube Music). Works really well.
EsoYeezus69 and capsfan2121 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 9:01 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Well currently for you School should be your number one priority. If you’re finished all you have to do than stuff like that shouldn’t be a problem, it’s when you neglect the important things for non-important things, that’s the problem.

At School if you’re on an iPad all day, you should do the work then do other stuff after (IF you get what you’re learning, if not re-do the work until you know how it works and why that’s the reason it is). For example if I’m doing Math and I get the problem I do the work and done, after that I find something else to do, but if I don’t get it, I try to find the answer and figure out why that’s the answer.

When you arrive home it’s fine that you watch the TV, but if you do that before your homework (if you have any) then it’s not alright. Finish what’s most important then after do what you want. When I went working in the woods in the summer of 2020, we worked from 6:30AM to 5:00PM and after that I did other fun things, but when I was working I’d always finish my job because that was the most important thing to do.

The key to dealing with distractions is abstinence, which means restricting yourself of doing things you shouldn’t do (in this context it’s restricting yourself of doing things you shouldn’t do before you finish your work).
I will try this starting tomorrow. This means limiting my capfriendly time during school which will be very hard. I will try to pay attention in class. I will start doing my work. The main problem is the homework. I do good on tests. The homework is the problem
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 9:02 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: Bobcat205
I haven’t really blocked out any distractions at all: I just work around them, If that makes sense. I think I’m on CapFriendly on my school computer more than I’m on Google Classroom. Whenever I need to get something done, I keep my computer open (if I’m working on paper) and occasionally look up at it sometimes. Music helps a lot too: just pack some earbuds and bring your phone/tablet, boot up your music provider of choice (I use YouTube Music). Works really well.

This ^

I’m almost always on CF in school, but I manage to do my work first and then do whatever I want. My teachers aren’t strict with me since I’m doing well.
capsfan2121, zk97 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 9:04 p.m.
Jinx god
I will try this starting tomorrow. This means limiting my capfriendly time during school which will be very hard. I will try to pay attention in class. I will start doing my work. The main problem is the homework. I do good on tests. The homework is the problem

I don’t know if it’s like this for you guys, but for us homework pretty much doesn’t matter if you do good on the tests (obviously you’ve got to hand it in).

You don’t need to limit your CapFriendly time, you just need to know what your priorities are and do them first. After they’re done you can do the less important things.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 9:05 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
That’s a lot of peoples problem and having ADHD certainly doesn’t help

No it doesn’t. And the doctor doesn’t want to increase 💊 but that’s a different story for another day
Jan. 23, 2022 at 9:07 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
I don’t know if it’s like this for you guys, but for us homework pretty much doesn’t matter if you do good on the tests (obviously you’ve got to hand it in).

You don’t need to limit your CapFriendly time, you just need to know what your priorities are and do them first. After they’re done you can do the less important things.

I think I need to complete the work when it’s assigned and not to put it off later. The stuff I take wares off when I’m get home from school. I go to a doctor. It’s not illegal
zk97 and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 9:10 p.m.
Tintin over 1122

Also the stuff I’m learning now takes a lot of memory. I’m learning the Bible, Greek mythology, biochemistry, math is fine, and so is history, all spanish but the endings and grammar stuff. This is just unfortunate
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 9:18 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
@AndrewLadd what do you think. For context everyone he went to a school 10 min away from mine and has friends that use to go to my school
zk97 and AndrewLadd liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 9:41 p.m.
torontos finest
josh allen is president of nfl
capsfan2121 and AndrewLadd liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 9:47 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: mondo
josh allen is president of nfl

hold this thought mahomes might be president of nfl instead
capsfan2121 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 9:58 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: mondo
hold this thought mahomes might be president of nfl instead

buffalo defense costing josh allen the nfl presidency smh my head unsure
capsfan2121 and AndrewLadd liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 10:04 p.m.
MOVE THE COYOTES
Quoting: Saskleaf
Random question for everyone: Do you shoot left or right?

I shoot right.

I also know JetsCanesSens shoots left.

Yes! How did you know lol.
Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 10:05 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: JetsCanesSens
Yes! How did you know lol.

Just a guess awesome face
SadSensFan14 and capsfan2121 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 10:05 p.m.
MOVE THE COYOTES
I'm a right shot

honestly whenever i play its w/ people younger than me so theres really no positions but if i had the choice i'd probably be a winger

I'm defense.
Saskleaf, capsfan2121 and zk97 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 10:10 p.m.
Go leafs go
How is everyone doing academically if your in school

62etsg.jpg

Had to censor a few things (school’s address, my name and address, teacher’s names) but here’s my report card.

My average is 94% currently, could be higher If my French teacher could fringing update the website, the last note she put was in October.

My guess is that it would be 95-96 if she puts them in, which will probably be the end of the semester (next week).

Depends on the subject. If this was a week later I’d have a more recent picture, but my average would be somewhere in the late 80’s if nothing changes. I have 90+ averages in my sciences and math, and 80 in English, and a 75 in Social. I suck at writing essays lol. My mark in English and Social would be like 10% better if I didn’t have to write essays.
capsfan2121 and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 10:14 p.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Saskleaf
Depends on the subject. If this was a week later I’d have a more recent picture, but my average would be somewhere in the late 80’s if nothing changes. I have 90+ averages in my sciences and math, and 80 in English, and a 75 in Social. I suck at writing essays lol. My mark in English and Social would be like 10% better if I didn’t have to write essays.

We all get an a plus for hockey knowledge.

That is the 🌽iest thing I’ve ever said.
EsoYeezus69 and Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 23, 2022 at 10:16 p.m.
Go leafs go

This ^

I’m almost always on CF in school, but I manage to do my work first and then do whatever I want. My teachers aren’t strict with me since I’m doing well.

I don’t go on cap friendly at school. That definitely helps with my mark no doubt.
EsoYeezus69, capsfan2121 and zk97 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll