Pavelski, Joe
1$1,750,000
Trades
TOR
  1. 2022 3rd round pick (COL)
COL
  1. Mikheyev, Ilya
Additional Details:
Could see this type of move being made relatively soon - Leafs clearing cap space and granting Mikheyev's reported trade request. Avs seem like a good fit being that they play with a lot of speed and are in need of PK help - Mikheyev checks both boxes for them. As for Toronto, it clears some cap space to be able to address other needs at the deadline and adds a draft pick to either look at flipping for help, or keeping since they're low on picks for this years draft.
TOR
  1. Mayfield, Scott ($550,000 retained)
NYI
  1. Loponen, Kalle [Reserve List]
  2. 2023 2nd round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Before the deadline, I'd think Dubas would start to address the situation on defence so there's more time to assess the situation before playoffs. Assuming the Islanders are still out of the playoff picture, Mayfield would seem to be a good fit for the Leafs on the back end. Best suited for a third pairing role (could pair with Sandin), he can move up and down the lineup when needed and bring some much needed physicality and defensive play. His low cap hit and extra term would make him an interesting option, however some retention would be needed to help with the current and future cap. The Islanders would likely be looking for a pick and a prospect in return, I see a late 2nd and a C- prospect as the value range for this type of deal. Kalle Loponen is a very similar prospect to Mayfield, he may be a few years away from a shot at the NHL level but he has similar upside and similar style of play to Mayfield so the Islanders may view that as a positive for when Mayfield's deal is up and would look for a suitable, cheaper replacement. The pick is what they make of it, they could see a prospect in that range that they like or they could flip it for more immediate help next season.
TOR
  1. Hållander, Filip
  2. 2022 6th round pick (PIT)
PIT
  1. Holl, Justin
Additional Details:
On the same day Dubas acquires a defenceman, I see him finally moving in from either Holl or Travis Dermott. Dermott would seem to be more likely to stay being that he's younger and more versatile - which leaves Holl as the odd man out. Pens were rumoured to have interest in Holl, and I see a similar value to Mayfield for Holl (pick and a C- prospect) with the difference being contract value and the fact that Toronto would need to clear cap space. So I've lowered the pick to a late rounder (something Dubas loves) and re-acquired Filip Hallander for the memes. Hallander was actually coveted by Toronto in the Kapanen deal so there very well could still be some interest in him. Some added centre depth is needed in the organization so it fits a need too.
TOR
  1. Brinkman, Ben [Reserve List]
  2. Pavelski, Joe ($3,500,000 retained)
DAL
  1. Abruzzese, Nick [Reserve List]
  2. Villeneuve, William
  3. 2022 1st round pick (TOR)
  4. 2023 5th round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Deadline day again brings a 3 team trade that sees a middle team (Seattle in this case) retain more salary to help Toronto fit in a veteran for their playoff run. Pavelski checks a lot of boxes for Toronto being a veteran with a ton of playoff experience. He'll bring a net front presence to the PP for a different look come playoff time which will open up more space for their perimeter players. He's versatile and can score clutch goals as he's done in the past. The price won't be cheap, especially for a double retention type of deal, but for a team that's all in this season it has to be something to consider. In return, Dallas receives a high pick in a deep draft, an offensive dynamic prospect in Nick Abruzzese who should be NHL ready within a season and a half's time. They also receive a high risk, high reward type of prospect in Will Villeneuve, who if he works out well could turn into a replacement for Klingberg in due time. This is the type of deal id expect Dallas to consider if they're more looking to rebuild a bit longer than a retool, so it would depend on how management views the outlook of the team at the deadline.
TOR
  1. McCormick, Max
Additional Details:
Leafs receive Joe Pavelski at an additional 50% salary retained.
SEA
  1. Akhtiamov, Artur [Reserve List]
  2. Pavelski, Joe
Additional Details:
Seattle could be any team that's willing to help facilitate the 3 team trade. I've chosen Seattle because they're new to the league and will be looking to create good relationships with teams for future trades as well as they have ample cap space to be able to take on the full 50% retained. In return, the Kraken receive a goaltender prospect that needs some work for a future shot in the NHL. The Kraken are thin on goalie prospects and Toronto has strength at the position in the pipeline, so this seems to make sense. Artur Akhtiamov was chosen because it is a small retention due to the actual cap hit and money being reduced since it's a deadline day deal, which wouldn't warrant much of a better prospect.
TOR
DAL
  1. McCormick, Max
Additional Details:
Sent from Seattle to Dallas in order to meet requirements of a 3 team trade.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$81,288,116$0$400,000$211,884

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 2
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 3
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 4
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 3
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
Pavelski, Joe
$1,750,000$1,750,000
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
$3,800,000$3,800,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Islanders
$900,000$900,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 5, 2022 at 12:27 p.m.
Deleted
Dont do that to Hallander
TrueCanuck liked this.
Jan. 5, 2022 at 12:40 p.m.
Representing the 505
Avs are getting low on picks, too. Not sure they'd make a trade for a PK guy before they give some of their AHL guys a shot to help improve in that area. Not saying this is bad value or a bad idea just not sure they'd do something like this, especially for someone that doesn't play C.
TrueCanuck and TJTwolf liked this.
Jan. 5, 2022 at 12:53 p.m.
i like this. good job
TrueCanuck liked this.
Jan. 5, 2022 at 12:56 p.m.
Trad Breliving
Quoting: Nate
Dont do that to Hallander

Agreed.

Make it Nylander instead 😂
Jan. 5, 2022 at 1:10 p.m.
The isles won’t retain on Mayfield
Jan. 5, 2022 at 1:24 p.m.
Deleted
Quoting: ZachHymanForTheHart
Agreed.

Make it Nylander instead 😂

This aged very poorly lmfao
Jan. 5, 2022 at 1:47 p.m.
Roster Architect
Quoting: NMAvsFan
Avs are getting low on picks, too. Not sure they'd make a trade for a PK guy before they give some of their AHL guys a shot to help improve in that area. Not saying this is bad value or a bad idea just not sure they'd do something like this, especially for someone that doesn't play C.

Don't entirely disagree with this comment, but I believe Colorado has guys to play centre if they need. I think the amount of picks for them is irrelevant this year because they're definitely all in. They're PK is an area that needs much improvement and the best PK guys bring speed and determination and I think Mikheyev fits that perfectly. I think for that value range, Colorado should be all over Mikheyev
NMAvsFan liked this.
Jan. 5, 2022 at 1:49 p.m.
Roster Architect
Quoting: Db1899
The isles won’t retain on Mayfield

It's for about a season and a half at less than $1M in total cap hit and actual money. It helps them get a higher pick and I'm sure they'd consider it for that reason.

Thanks for your input.
Jan. 5, 2022 at 1:52 p.m.
Quoting: TrueCanuck
It's for about a season and a half at less than $1M in total cap hit and actual money. It helps them get a higher pick and I'm sure they'd consider it for that reason.

Thanks for your input.

They can get a 2nd for Mayfield without retention
Jan. 5, 2022 at 2:35 p.m.
Save Ukrane, end war

Prove it
Jan. 5, 2022 at 2:40 p.m.
Quoting: BigDaddyOvech
Prove it

David Savard returned a 1st with retention as a rental, Mayfield has another year left on a very team friendly deal. The market always overvalues big right handed defenseman who play top 4 minutes.
Jan. 5, 2022 at 3:21 p.m.
Roster Architect

David Savard returned a 1st with retention as a rental, Mayfield has another year left on a very team friendly deal. The market always overvalues big right handed defenseman who play top 4 minutes.

Not a chance. The difference is that Savard is actually a top 4 defenceman, Mayfield is a bottom pair guy. Just because he plays more minutes doesn't make him a top 4 guy. Look at his skill and what he brings, he's no better than Justin Holl who is a number 5 guy that can jump in and play top 4 mins if needed but if you have either in your top 4 for a long period of time then you're in trouble.

Without retention, I see it being closer to a 3rd and a prospect. Probably a conditional 3rd at best
Jan. 5, 2022 at 3:33 p.m.
Not a chance. The difference is that Savard is actually a top 4 defenceman, Mayfield is a bottom pair guy. Just because he plays more minutes doesn't make him a top 4 guy. Look at his skill and what he brings, he's no better than Justin Holl who is a number 5 guy that can jump in and play top 4 mins if needed but if you have either in your top 4 for a long period of time then you're in trouble.

Without retention, I see it being closer to a 3rd and a prospect. Probably a conditional 3rd at best

Mayfield was better than Savard in every aspect of the game during the 20-21 season. Forget ice time, he was better offensively and defensively. The thing is most GM's think ice time is important when evaluating defenseman, which is why pylons like Savard and Ristolainen returned 1st round picks. .

Savard was not a top 4 caliber defenseman when the lightinng traded for him. History says Mayfield will return at least a 2nd.
Jan. 5, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.

The isles had Mayfield in their top 4 two straight seasons and went to the ECF both years. He's a good #4 defenseman and significantly better than Holl who's numbers were boosted by playing with Jake Muzzin.
Jan. 5, 2022 at 4:07 p.m.
Roster Architect
The isles had Mayfield in their top 4 two straight seasons and went to the ECF both years. He's a good #4 defenseman and significantly better than Holl who's numbers were boosted by playing with Jake Muzzin.

The Islanders play a highly defensive style of game that benefits Mayfield's game and inflates his defensive stats. In terms of value, he right around the same as Holl.

Agree to disagree. Again, thanks for your input.
Jan. 5, 2022 at 4:14 p.m.
The Islanders play a highly defensive style of game that benefits Mayfield's game and inflates his defensive stats. In terms of value, he right around the same as Holl.

Agree to disagree. Again, thanks for your input.

Half of the isles defense had a negative impact defensively last game, Trotz's system hasn't changed the trajectory of any player. Mayfield's playoff experience makes him more valuable than Holl.
Jan. 5, 2022 at 5:02 p.m.
Roster Architect
Half of the isles defense had a negative impact defensively last game, Trotz's system hasn't changed the trajectory of any player. Mayfield's playoff experience makes him more valuable than Holl.

Wow, didn't know 1 game made a players career. Thanks for teaching me that.

You're entitled to your opinion. Agree to disagree.
Jan. 5, 2022 at 5:15 p.m.
Wow, didn't know 1 game made a players career. Thanks for teaching me that.

You're entitled to your opinion. Agree to disagree.

My bad, last year* - Trotz system does not inflate defensive stats.
Jan. 6, 2022 at 10:28 a.m.
Representing the 505
Don't entirely disagree with this comment, but I believe Colorado has guys to play centre if they need. I think the amount of picks for them is irrelevant this year because they're definitely all in. They're PK is an area that needs much improvement and the best PK guys bring speed and determination and I think Mikheyev fits that perfectly. I think for that value range, Colorado should be all over Mikheyev

Yeah, I can see it that way. It wouldn't be a bad move at all and it's the kind of move Joe should make if and when he does start making trades.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 2:24 p.m.
What in tarnation
As a Stars fan I'd prefer replacing Villeneuve and Abruzzese with one of Robertson, Niemelä or Liljegren.

Not to say the deal is outright bad, but I think DAL would look for a true quality in exchange to Pavelski (and Klingberg too). They could add a depth asset too to make it happen, like Kiviranta, Raffl or Sekera.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 3:04 p.m.
Roster Architect
Quoting: justaBoss
As a Stars fan I'd prefer replacing Villeneuve and Abruzzese with one of Robertson, Niemelä or Liljegren.

Not to say the deal is outright bad, but I think DAL would look for a true quality in exchange to Pavelski (and Klingberg too). They could add a depth asset too to make it happen, like Kiviranta, Raffl or Sekera.

Of course as a fan you'd prefer the better pieces, but realistically it's going to take a lot for Toronto to move any of those 3 players because for a cap strapped team, ELC's are more valuable to them than another expensive piece. & they're more than likely not giving up a top prospect of young roster player for a 37 year old rental - there's just too much risk in that type of move to even think about it and adding a depth piece doesn't really move the needle at all.
justaBoss liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll