Forums/Armchair-GM

moves with the jets ideas

Created by: zk97
Team: 2021-22 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 7, 2022
Published: Jan. 7, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
noticed that the jets only have two right handed offensemen and theyre scheifele & wheeler. so i decided maybe habs could give them some
very unrealistic
Trades
MTL
    gone at TDL
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$81,500,000$66,089,227$597,561$1,475,000$15,410,773
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
    C
    UFA - 1
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 6
    Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
    $3,640,000$3,640,000
    C, LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $4,450,000$4,450,000
    C
    UFA - 4
    $880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LW
    UFA - 3
    $750,000$750,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 6
    $1,150,000$1,150,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000
    LW, RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $950,000$950,000
    C, LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $875,000$875,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $2,343,750$2,343,750
    RD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 4
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 4
    $2,875,000$2,875,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $3,900,000$3,900,000
    LD
    UFA - 3
    $761,250$761,250
    LD/RD
    RFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $7,857,143$7,857,143
    RD
    UFA - 5
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 1:15 p.m.
    Go Jets Go
    Can't see the Jets being too interested in this move. I would love to have Armia back, he would be the perfect 3RW but I would rather just make a trade to acquire him involving a prospect/pick perhaps?
    zk97 liked this.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 1:21 p.m.
    Nope from Winnipeg. Zero need for Wideman or Armia and Armia has a pretty bad contract that needs to be avoided.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 1:24 p.m.
    v5 CBJ GM
    Quoting: Rooney
    Can't see the Jets being too interested in this move. I would love to have Armia back, he would be the perfect 3RW but I would rather just make a trade to acquire him involving a prospect/pick perhaps?

i wouldnt mind moving him but i dont know if he could be a good 3RW, he hasnt been great recently
    maybe it would be a good buy low move
    i know canadiens are lacking in RD prospects or C prospects, otherwise a pick would be good
    Rooney liked this.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 1:26 p.m.
    I like the idea of getting Toffoli.
    I can't see the Jets needing Armia back at that contract though, despite the fact that he'd be a good fit.
    No on Wideman. He doesn't move the needle much
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 1:26 p.m.
    Go Jets Go
    Quoting: Zuki9797
    i wouldnt mind moving him but i dont know if he could be a good 3RW, he hasnt been great recently
    maybe it would be a good buy low move
    i know canadiens are lacking in RD prospects or C prospects, otherwise a pick would be good

Fair enough! Admittedly, I haven't watched him much this year, I just remember him from recent years and obviously his time with the Jets.
    zk97 liked this.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 1:35 p.m.
    No need or interest in Wideman…at all
    Armia would be a good fit, but he’s overpayed and we could probably get Appleton, who would bring close to the same production, cheaper and pay him less.
    Toffoli could be interesting, but the Jets would need to send equal cap back
    tsyls liked this.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 1:41 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    Drop the Wideman/Svechnikov part and you sir have a deal!

This is exactly what the Jets need, another top 6 winger and a good 3rd line winger!
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 1:43 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    Quoting: BatVader
    No need or interest in Wideman…at all
    Armia would be a good fit, but he’s overpayed and we could probably get Appleton, who would bring close to the same production, cheaper and pay him less.
    Toffoli could be interesting, but the Jets would need to send equal cap back

Its pretty close to equal cap, could demote Beaulieu to make up the difference.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 1:46 p.m.
    Quoting: MisstheWhalers
    Its pretty close to equal cap, could demote Beaulieu to make up the difference.

I meant for Toffoli alone.
    I’d decline the OP.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 1:51 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    I meant for Toffoli alone.
    I’d decline the OP.

Why? Toffolis cap hit is only $350K more then Dillons and Armias is $240K less then Copps so the difference is only $110K which could be made up elsewhere quite easily.

Honestly just drop the Svech/Wideman aspect and this is great for the Jets.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 1:58 p.m.
    Edited Jan. 7, 2022 at 2:06 p.m.
    Why? Toffolis cap hit is only $350K more then Dillons and Armias is $240K less then Copps so the difference is only $110K which could be made up elsewhere quite easily.

Honestly just drop the Svech/Wideman aspect and this is great for the Jets.

I’d rather just Toffoli with no Armia… say for Dillon+
    That’s a contract for contract trade leaving us our limited cap flexibility for the offseason to extend PLD and others
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 2:03 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    I’d rather just Toffoli with no Armia… say for Dillon+
    That’s a contract for contract trade leaving us our limited cap flexibility for the offseason to extend PLD and others

Yeah I get that, I knew from day one those Schmidt and Dillon contracts would be headaches sooner then later.

Still, I'd try to find a way to make it work.
    BatVader liked this.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 2:10 p.m.
    Yeah I get that, I knew from day one those Schmidt and Dillon contracts would be headaches sooner then later.

Moving Dillon is the best option, for this issue…
    It’s term cap for term cap
    Opens a roster spot for Heinola
    Leaves UFA cap flexibility for extending players
    Upgrade to our top 6 RW

We just need to add in Beaulieu for it to work out cap wise for the remainder of this season… and because I hate that he’s still on this team
    tsyls liked this.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 2:46 p.m.
    Moving Dillon is the best option, for this issue…
    It’s term cap for term cap
    Opens a roster spot for Heinola
    Leaves UFA cap flexibility for extending players
    Upgrade to our top 6 RW

We just need to add in Beaulieu for it to work out cap wise for the remainder of this season… and because I hate that he’s still on this team

I think tofolli for Dillon + Beau and a pick and/or prospect would definitely make sense. I like Dillon, but I think Stanley will be a direct replacement for him at a cheaper cap hit. Makes all the sense in the world to add another top 6 RW. Especially because we know what tofolli can do when he’s on. I just worry about the jets blue line after moving Dillon. Stanley can provide a lot of what Dillon does, but not to the same level. I think it really comes down to where Heinola is at, if he’s ready pull the trigger.
    MisstheWhalers liked this.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 2:55 p.m.
    Quoting: tsyls
    I think tofolli for Dillon + Beau and a pick and/or prospect would definitely make sense. I like Dillon, but I think Stanley will be a direct replacement for him at a cheaper cap hit. Makes all the sense in the world to add another top 6 RW. Especially because we know what tofolli can do when he’s on. I just worry about the jets blue line after moving Dillon. Stanley can provide a lot of what Dillon does, but not to the same level. I think it really comes down to where Heinola is at, if he’s ready pull the trigger.

I think we’re done this season…personally.
    I’m looking at a fresh start next season and my moves are building to that, so Heinola in for Dillon works.
    tsyls and MisstheWhalers liked this.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 5:21 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers

I think we’re done this season…personally.
    I’m looking at a fresh start next season and my moves are building to that, so Heinola in for Dillon works.

I was one of the few in the off season who said the Jets really needed another top 6 addition and I got told no they just needed to fIX tHe deFeNSe, still think I was right about that and Toffoli would be a great addition to fill that spot.

At this point though I think they're probably done unless one of the teams ahead of the Jets gets ravaged by injuries to key guys but if this trade was on the table I'd probably still do it with the hopes to retool in the offseaon for one last run with this core and if they're not looking like a contender by Christmas of 2023 then the major overhaul begins and some big names are being put on the market.

This trade doesn't do much for Montreal though unless they were planning on flipping Copp(doubt he's signing in MTL)and Dillon(they have Edmunson and plenty of LHD) but idk how many Gms really think like the trade value of the guy they're acquiring, since this is all hypothetical though what would the Jets need to add to make this trade happen?? Completely eliminate the Svech/Wideman part though.
    tsyls and BatVader liked this.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 5:34 p.m.
    I was one of the few in the off season who said the Jets really needed another top 6 addition and I got told no they just needed to fIX tHe deFeNSe, still think I was right about that and Toffoli would be a great addition to fill that spot.

At this point though I think they're probably done unless one of the teams ahead of the Jets gets ravaged by injuries to key guys but if this trade was on the table I'd probably still do it with the hopes to retool in the offseaon for one last run with this core and if they're not looking like a contender by Christmas of 2023 then the major overhaul begins and some big names are being put on the market.

This trade doesn't do much for Montreal though unless they were planning on flipping Copp(doubt he's signing in MTL)and Dillon(they have Edmunson and plenty of LHD) but idk how many Gms really think like the trade value of the guy they're acquiring, since this is all hypothetical though what would the Jets need to add to make this trade happen?? Completely eliminate the Svech/Wideman part though.

From what I’ve heard, MTL looks like they’re headed to a quick rebuild/retool. So likely would be looking for picks and prospects. I feel like it just makes sense to eliminate everyone besides Dillon and Toffoli. Add beau and a 2nd on winnipegs side and call it a day. Dillon can be flipped by MTL for picks and/or prospects with retention. Ideally out of this trade they walk away with 2 2nds and a 3rd (1 2nd and a 3rd from trading Dillon). Not a bad deal considering they got Toffoli for free.
    MisstheWhalers and BatVader liked this.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 10:14 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    From what I’ve heard, MTL looks like they’re headed to a quick rebuild/retool. So likely would be looking for picks and prospects. I feel like it just makes sense to eliminate everyone besides Dillon and Toffoli. Add beau and a 2nd on winnipegs side and call it a day. Dillon can be flipped by MTL for picks and/or prospects with retention. Ideally out of this trade they walk away with 2 2nds and a 3rd (1 2nd and a 3rd from trading Dillon). Not a bad deal considering they got Toffoli for free.

I guess, I'd just really like Armia back.

Really wonder if a 2nd would be enough along with Dillon to get Toffoli from the Habs.
    tsyls liked this.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 11:08 p.m.
    I guess, I'd just really like Armia back.

Really wonder if a 2nd would be enough along with Dillon to get Toffoli from the Habs.

Probably not. I just don’t think Armia is worth what he’s paid.
    Jan. 7, 2022 at 11:14 p.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    Probably not. I just don’t think Armia is worth what he’s paid.

I challenge you to post a Dillon and 2nd for Toffoli trade, want to see how Habs fans react.. 😆
    tsyls and zk97 liked this.
    Jan. 8, 2022 at 7:04 a.m.
    Jets need to figure out what they want to do with Copp, as the plan to use him as an "own rental" for the playoffs may not be the best move -- if he isn't going to sign an extension it would be time to move on. The Jets are more likely to miss the playoffs than make them.

Probability of the Jets making the playoffs:
    24% - HockeyReference
    30% - The Athletic
    32% - SportsClubStats
    39% - PlayoffStatus
    45% - MoneyPuck

The Jets are unlikely to make it into the top 3 of the central division and whoever finishes 4th among COL, MIN, STL, NSH are in a solid spot -- by points percentage -- to get WC1. That leaves WC2 to be claimed by one of: 4th in the Pacific (ANA or EDM), DAL or WPG.
    MisstheWhalers liked this.
    Jan. 8, 2022 at 8:32 a.m.
    I challenge you to post a Dillon and 2nd for Toffoli trade, want to see how Habs fans react.. 😆

Oh god I’d rather not. Maybe that trade needs a little work 😂
    zk97 and MisstheWhalers liked this.
    Jan. 8, 2022 at 11:41 a.m.
    MisstheWhalers
    Quoting: Mr_Canoehead
    Jets need to figure out what they want to do with Copp, as the plan to use him as an "own rental" for the playoffs may not be the best move -- if he isn't going to sign an extension it would be time to move on. The Jets are more likely to miss the playoffs than make them.

Probability of the Jets making the playoffs:
    24% - HockeyReference
    30% - The Athletic
    32% - SportsClubStats
    39% - PlayoffStatus
    45% - MoneyPuck

The Jets are unlikely to make it into the top 3 of the central division and whoever finishes 4th among COL, MIN, STL, NSH are in a solid spot -- by points percentage -- to get WC1. That leaves WC2 to be claimed by one of: 4th in the Pacific (ANA or EDM), DAL or WPG.

I agree and still don't get why so many are enthralled with Copp, he goes through stretches where his offense really dries up, he's got two points in his last 9 games and both were on the PP, this lineup needs a change and need to make room for Perfetti, they should really look at moving Copp and getting some picks to replace some of the ones lost the last few years in needless trades. I don't mind Copp but just feel it's time to move on and with change necessary he seems like as good as anyone to be one to go.

Going to be very tough for this team to make the playoffs, would love to see an aggressive TDL with maybe some other guys shipped out like Demelo, Dillon and Schmidt and some of the D prospects called up for some NHL games down the stretch.
    tsyls liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll