G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
$3,800,000$3,800,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Taxi Squad
$1,000,000$1,000,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
RFA - 2
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000 ($125,000$125K$125,000$125K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 11, 2022 at 10:37 a.m.
no, kane is a selfish cancer of a player who cant even be trusted to keep covid protocol and my god that buffalo trade is terrible. the leafs arnt going to make their defence so much worse to get another bottom 6er they dont need
Jan. 11, 2022 at 10:49 a.m.
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
no, kane is a selfish cancer of a player who cant even be trusted to keep covid protocol and my god that buffalo trade is terrible. the leafs arnt going to make their defence so much worse to get another bottom 6er they dont need

The leafs have 2 powerplay quarterbacks in Rielly and Sandin. Im not paying a kings ransom for the likes of Klingberg or Chychrun if I'm only getting half a season out of them, while sacrificing top prospects and high draft picks just to have one of them. Robert Hagg puts up anywhere in the ballpark of 150-200 hits per year and also blocks ALOT of shots. People say that the leafs don't need certain players because they simply don't KNOW the players. Hinostroza is also a fine good player too, but again, you don't watch him. That guy is one hell of a hard worker, and he's always playing with a chip on his shoulder, and can also score a point or two for ya now and then.

As for Kane, I have to agree with you that yes, he is cancer to the locker room. I would be a little uneasy with him being on the leafs knowing the trouble he causes, but the guy has stated he wants to be on a contender. The leafs are one. You know Dubas is doing his homework on him and checking in
Leafs09 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jan. 11, 2022 at 11:04 a.m.
Quoting: jchafe77
The leafs have 2 powerplay quarterbacks in Rielly and Sandin. Im not paying a kings ransom for the likes of Klingberg or Chychrun if I'm only getting half a season out of them, while sacrificing top prospects and high draft picks just to have one of them. Robert Hagg puts up anywhere in the ballpark of 150-200 hits per year and also blocks ALOT of shots. People say that the leafs don't need certain players because they simply don't KNOW the players. Hinostroza is also a fine good player too, but again, you don't watch him. That guy is one hell of a hard worker, and he's always playing with a chip on his shoulder, and can also score a point or two for ya now and then.

As for Kane, I have to agree with you that yes, he is cancer to the locker room. I would be a little uneasy with him being on the leafs knowing the trouble he causes, but the guy has stated he wants to be on a contender. The leafs are one. You know Dubas is doing his homework on him and checking in

If the Leafs sign him they can just send him to the Marlies if they players don't like him - sucks for Kane but really if it doesn't work out it doesn't hurt the Leafs. Might as well take a shot....
Leafs09 liked this.
Jan. 11, 2022 at 11:20 a.m.
In Pridham we trust
On one hand, Kane seems like an idiot who at 30 years old, hasn't grown up yet.

On the other hand, he's still a guy that could put up 30/30, and is twice (three times) the player Dubas was hoping to get when they signed Ritchie.

Considering Simmonds is a member of the Hockey Diversity Alliance with Kane, I'm assuming he'd know him better than most. I'm also assuming Dubas would get Simmonds two cents if he were consicering signing him.

If the Leafs were to sign him for $1Mish or less, I'd be OK with it knowing Dubas figures the risk is worth it.
Jan. 11, 2022 at 11:46 a.m.
Sabres are elite
I'm pretty sure Sabres can get a 3rd for Hinostroza and a 3rd-4th for Hagg (depending on how desperate teams are) at TDL. They wouldn't touch that TML trade. Sure its a 2nd and I like Holl but Ritchie is a potato and the Sabres have no desire to take on his contract for just a 2nd. Throw in a prospect that fits the Sabres system and then sure, we can even retain on Hagg for you.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Jan. 11, 2022 at 11:49 a.m.
Quoting: noobmaster69
If the Leafs sign him they can just send him to the Marlies if they players don't like him - sucks for Kane but really if it doesn't work out it doesn't hurt the Leafs. Might as well take a shot....

Thats the idea I was pondering with. It's a prove-it contract, so if he DOESN'T prove it, well then we can just bury him in the minors. Plain and simple. But people forget that he is a very good player, and people do change. Galchenyuk was a good reclaimation project, could Kane also be one? Who knows. Either way, I just hope that if the Leafs do pull the trigger and bring him in, that they keep him on a short leash, much like what Carolina has done with DeAngelo, which from what I can tell, has worked tremendously seeing that there hasn't been any conflicts with him yet, and he's producing good numbers.
Jan. 11, 2022 at 11:50 a.m.
Quoting: Skyraider112
I'm pretty sure Sabres can get a 3rd for Hinostroza and a 3rd-4th for Hagg (depending on how desperate teams are) at TDL. They wouldn't touch that TML trade. Sure its a 2nd and I like Holl but Ritchie is a potato and the Sabres have no desire to take on his contract for just a 2nd. Throw in a prospect that fits the Sabres system and then sure, we can even retain on Hagg for you.

If a prospect comes over, I think it'll be a B- to C+ Prospect. We got a handful of them here.
gretzkyghosts and Skyraider112 liked this.
Jan. 11, 2022 at 11:55 a.m.
Quoting: Barilko14
On one hand, Kane seems like an idiot who at 30 years old, hasn't grown up yet.

On the other hand, he's still a guy that could put up 30/30, and is twice (three times) the player Dubas was hoping to get when they signed Ritchie.

Considering Simmonds is a member of the Hockey Diversity Alliance with Kane, I'm assuming he'd know him better than most. I'm also assuming Dubas would get Simmonds two cents if he were consicering signing him.

If the Leafs were to sign him for $1Mish or less, I'd be OK with it knowing Dubas figures the risk is worth it.

I mean, its worth a gamble, but ya gotta way the pros and cons and think about how the others on the team may feel about getting him. You make a good point about Simmonds, which I completely forgot about, but I also wonder if they do bring in Kane, will JT lay down the rules with him, making sure he isn't a distraction to the team as they push for the playoffs. JT may be quiet, but I get the feeling he's a no-nonsense type of captain, and someone who will reel in Kane from his antics, or at least try to.
Barilko14 liked this.
Jan. 11, 2022 at 12:22 p.m.
Trad Breliving
If signed for $1.125mil or less, it’s worth the look.

He’s got his issues, but Toronto has all the necessary resources for him to turn it around.

And if he doesn’t… well he’s thrown on the taxi squad and told to fly a kite.
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Jan. 12, 2022 at 10:07 a.m.
... Robert Hagg puts up anywhere in the ballpark of 150-200 hits per year and also blocks ALOT of shots. People say that the leafs don't need certain players because they simply don't KNOW the players. Hinostroza is also a fine good player too, but again, you don't watch him...
You know Buffalo better than most Sabre fans.
Only Kase, Nylander, Tavares and Matthews have more goals than Hinostroza.
Only Muzzin has more more hits and no Leaf has more blocked shots than Hagg, while hits/blk sh per 60 is higher than any Leaf.
While they appear to be fringe performers to many, the have value.
@Skyraider112 is correct, having to take Ritchie would reduce the value of the trade for Buffalo.

On the other hand Holl with Dahlin would be a great pairing.
Ritchie may have value to another team at 50% reduced.
If there was a home for Ritchie prior to closing this deal, I would make the trade as it would then favor the Sabres.
GMTD liked this.
Jan. 12, 2022 at 11:29 a.m.
Quoting: gretzkyghosts
You know Buffalo better than most Sabre fans.
Only Kase, Nylander, Tavares and Matthews have more goals than Hinostroza.
Only Muzzin has more more hits and no Leaf has more blocked shots than Hagg, while hits/blk sh per 60 is higher than any Leaf.
While they appear to be fringe performers to many, the have value.
Skyraider112 is correct, having to take Ritchie would reduce the value of the trade for Buffalo.

On the other hand Holl with Dahlin would be a great pairing.
Ritchie may have value to another team at 50% reduced.
If there was a home for Ritchie prior to closing this deal, I would make the trade as it would then favor the Sabres.

So maybe it could work out as:

Hagg (50% retention)
Hinostroza
6th

FOR

Holl
2nd

??

I feel maybe buffalo might want something else out of it. Cant see it being a top prospect, but maybe someone like a Mikko Kokkenen
Jan. 12, 2022 at 3:24 p.m.
Edited Jan. 12, 2022 at 3:36 p.m.
So maybe it could work out as:

Hagg (50% retention)
Hinostroza
6th

FOR

Holl
2nd

??

I feel maybe buffalo might want something else out of it. Cant see it being a top prospect, but maybe someone like a Mikko Kokkenen
IMO Buffalo wins the trade if they could sign Holl for and additional couple of years.
You know the Leafs better than I, but the one game against the Sabres Holl looked a little slow but very solid defensively.
I could not remember one mistake he made.
Dahlin with Holl, Power with Jokiharju, Johnson/Samuelsson/?? with Laaksonen/UFA would make a really solid defense.
EDIT
I think it would be interesting to hear from other Sabre and Leaf fans.
While you know the Sabres better than most of their fans, IMO most would not want Holl.
I am guessing most Leaf fans do not understand how good Hinostroza can be as it is only his last 50 games that he has rediscovered his MoJo he demonstrated between 2018 and 2019.
Please let me know if you post this trade.
GMTD liked this.
Jan. 12, 2022 at 5:14 p.m.
Sabres are elite
If a prospect comes over, I think it'll be a B- to C+ Prospect. We got a handful of them here.

Works for me, if its someone to provide some organizational depth thats good with me.
Jan. 13, 2022 at 8:41 a.m.
Edited Jan. 13, 2022 at 8:47 a.m.
IMO Buffalo wins the trade if they could sign Holl for and additional couple of years.
You know the Leafs better than I, but the one game against the Sabres Holl looked a little slow but very solid defensively.
I could not remember one mistake he made.
Dahlin with Holl, Power with Jokiharju, Johnson/Samuelsson/?? with Laaksonen/UFA would make a really solid defense.
EDIT
I think it would be interesting to hear from other Sabre and Leaf fans.
While you know the Sabres better than most of their fans, IMO most would not want Holl.
I am guessing most Leaf fans do not understand how good Hinostroza can be as it is only his last 50 games that he has rediscovered his MoJo he demonstrated between 2018 and 2019.
Please let me know if you post this trade.

No not a lot don't, and I posted another updated ACGM post revisiting this trade, but many leafs fans who came into the thread didn't like the idea of having Hinostroza or Hagg, saying that they didn't need them. IMO, they do, and I firmly believe that leafs fans just don't take notice of some players special assets. We all want the big superstar rental, but forgetting the fact that the cost of getting that superstar will cost more than an arm and a leg, and much more. Not a chance in hell am I giving up picks and future prospects for a superstar player that I'll only get 20 or so games out of, and not be able to resign him, or bring in Chychrun, and not having the money to keep Jack Campbell. Fans have to be more engaged with the players in the league, and know what assts they have, and what flaws they have, like Hinostroza, as I was told he's a very good 5v5 bottom six point producer (in his own right), and adding more bottom six scoring should be one of the leafs priorities heading into the deadline, on top of finding a cheap, reliable shutdown defender (Robert Hagg) and maybe another depth piece somewhere n their lineup. Hinostroza and Hagg makes perfect sense to me for the leafs if they need cheap rentals
Jan. 13, 2022 at 8:57 a.m.
Edited Jan. 13, 2022 at 10:20 a.m.
No not a lot don't, and I posted another updated ACGM post revisiting this trade, but many leafs fans who came into the thread didn't like the idea of having Hinostroza or Hagg, saying that they didn't need them. IMO, they do, and I firmly believe that leafs fans just don't take notice of some players special assets. We all want the big superstar rental, but forgetting the fact that the cost of getting that superstar will cost more than an arm and a leg, and much more. Not a chance in hell am I giving up picks and future prospects for a superstar player that I'll only get 20 or so games out of, and not be able to resign him, or bring in Chychrun, and not having the money to keep Jack Campbell. Fans have to be more engaged with the players in the league, and know what assts they have, and what flaws they have, like Hinostroza, as I was told he's a very good 5v5 bottom six point producer (in his own right), and adding more bottom six scoring should be one of the leafs priorities heading into the deadline, on top of finding a cheap, reliable shutdown defender (Robert Hagg) and maybe another depth piece somewhere n their lineup. Hinostroza and Hagg makes perfect sense to me for the leafs if they need cheap rentals
Thank you for getting back to me, please tell me the URL of your post.
Many Sabre fans think Adams is still making the decisions.
Everything improved when Karmanos was made the "Associate" GM.
Most Sabre fans do not realize how well Hinostroza has played.
You are correct H & H would be great additions, I find it best not to argue, post my opinion and move on.
While you are a Leaf fan do you go to many Sabre games?

EDIT, I actually hope the Sabres sign them both for next year.

SECOND EDIT: I found it.
You made your point and others counter with their opinion.
Stupid comments about Hagg and hits, you mentioned his hits with PHIL but that was countered with why he has many hits with Buffalo.
Only the Sabre fans know how good Hinostroza has played.
Thank you for trying.
Great chatting with you.
GMTD liked this.
Jan. 13, 2022 at 11:55 a.m.
Thank you for getting back to me, please tell me the URL of your post.
Many Sabre fans think Adams is still making the decisions.
Everything improved when Karmanos was made the "Associate" GM.
Most Sabre fans do not realize how well Hinostroza has played.
You are correct H & H would be great additions, I find it best not to argue, post my opinion and move on.
While you are a Leaf fan do you go to many Sabre games?

EDIT, I actually hope the Sabres sign them both for next year.

SECOND EDIT: I found it.
You made your point and others counter with their opinion.
Stupid comments about Hagg and hits, you mentioned his hits with PHIL but that was countered with why he has many hits with Buffalo.
Only the Sabre fans know how good Hinostroza has played.
Thank you for trying.
Great chatting with you.

I personally think the Sabre's should without a doubt. Alot think Hagg is a 7th defencemen, I don't see that. Yeah, maybe a 6th, 5th at best, but he's definitely that 6th cheap defender that gives coaches and teammates the confidence to allow the roster to flow naturally, and by that I mean everybody having roles within the team. I could imagine that if Hagg and Hinostroza were acquired by TOR, Hagg would play the role as a shutdown third pairing guy, probably in games where they are up against good offensive teams, while maybe sitting him while playing teams lower in the standings, allowing some playing time to others... and in the playoffs, you give him more minutes and PK time, helping you defend a lead, or to prevent from going down a goal in the game. He is capable of logging big minutes, and at 1.6 million, that's a bargain in my eyes. Even with Hinostroza as well, you want a guy whos capable of 5v5 scoring. In TOR, we don't have to worry about PP goals, were enough of an offensive threat as it already is right now, but you need guys that can get you that 5v5 point production to get you ahead, something that the Leafs lack sometimes. If im not mistaken, Nylander and Matthews are typically the ones that score most of the time on 5v5, with Bunting, Kerfoot and Kase chipping in also sometimes. Doesnt hurt to add more of that
Jan. 13, 2022 at 12:02 p.m.
Works for me, if its someone to provide some organizational depth thats good with me.

You'd probably get a choice of: Kristians Rubins, Mikhail Abramov, Semyon Der-Arguchintsev, Filip Krahl or Veeti Miettenen. If the ask is for Abramov or SDA, TOR may ask to reduce the 2nd to a 3rd, as these two got a bit more upside than Miettenen, Krahl and Rubins. Although, Rubins got into (i think) 2 games with us, and he looked outstanding seeing that last year he played most of his time here in Newfoundland. I got to watch him (because that's where im from) and he looked amazing. Very good shutdown defensemen, and the 6'5'' frame is scary to go up against. He ain't afraid to use it either, which has displayed well with the Marlies this year too
Jan. 14, 2022 at 12:29 p.m.
Sabres are elite
You'd probably get a choice of: Kristians Rubins, Mikhail Abramov, Semyon Der-Arguchintsev, Filip Krahl or Veeti Miettenen. If the ask is for Abramov or SDA, TOR may ask to reduce the 2nd to a 3rd, as these two got a bit more upside than Miettenen, Krahl and Rubins. Although, Rubins got into (i think) 2 games with us, and he looked outstanding seeing that last year he played most of his time here in Newfoundland. I got to watch him (because that's where im from) and he looked amazing. Very good shutdown defensemen, and the 6'5'' frame is scary to go up against. He ain't afraid to use it either, which has displayed well with the Marlies this year too

I like Kral too, just unfortunately he's a LHD and the Sabres have a logjam there organizationally. I would be interested in Hirvonen, how would the trade have to adjust if he was the prospect involved?
Jan. 15, 2022 at 12:08 p.m.
I like Kral too, just unfortunately he's a LHD and the Sabres have a logjam there organizationally. I would be interested in Hirvonen, how would the trade have to adjust if he was the prospect involved?

I think maybe another mid round draft pick where hes one of our too prospects. Hagg and Hino are alot as it is so it would be fair to add a top prospect to that mix, but not the likes if Robertson, Amirov, Niemela or Knies. Hirvonen woukd be a solid bottom six add for the Sabre’s but i wouldnt expect him to make the jump to the NHL until hes about 21-22 years old IMO
Skyraider112 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2022 at 6:51 p.m.
Sabres are elite
I think maybe another mid round draft pick where hes one of our too prospects. Hagg and Hino are alot as it is so it would be fair to add a top prospect to that mix, but not the likes if Robertson, Amirov, Niemela or Knies. Hirvonen woukd be a solid bottom six add for the Sabre’s but i wouldnt expect him to make the jump to the NHL until hes about 21-22 years old IMO

Fine by me. We got a plethora of NHL ready prospects waiting to make the jump, it would be nice to add some guys who are a couple years out so the talent doesn't all dry out
Jan. 16, 2022 at 11:22 p.m.
Fine by me. We got a plethora of NHL ready prospects waiting to make the jump, it would be nice to add some guys who are a couple years out so the talent doesn't all dry out

Hirvonen fits the bill then. He’s undersized but has been doing really well in Liiga this year, as I believe hes got like 20 pts in about 30 or so games as a 19 year old. If he continues the consistent production and this trade happens, i would be surprised if the leafs try to ask for an even higher draft choice, like around a 3rd rounder for 22 or 23 season, maybe 24

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll