SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/General Fantasy Talk

How good of a prospect is Griffin Reinhart?

If you could re-draft the 2012 draft, would Griffin Reinhart be drafted in the 1st round?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 29, 2017 at 1:25 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Griffin Reinhart, a Defenseman drafted 4th overall in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, has been talked about quite a bit and people are saying Vegas takes him, and some are saying he's on the lower half of prospects. But people often compare the player to where they were drafted. I think Griffin Reinhart is a good prospect (though not 4th overall pick level).
I won't vote on the poll, but i will say that if i did, i would vote for yes.
Mar. 31, 2017 at 5:47 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Griffin Reinhart, a Defenseman drafted 4th overall in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, has been talked about quite a bit and people are saying Vegas takes him, and some are saying he's on the lower half of prospects. But people often compare the player to where they were drafted. I think Griffin Reinhart is a good prospect (though not 4th overall pick level).

I'd say no, but I'd take him early in the 2nd round.

I personally would love to have him in the Sabres prospect system, I think he has serious NHL potential, but just hasn't shown that he has what it takes to crack an NHL starting lineup yet.
Mar. 31, 2017 at 6:19 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Zach

I'd say no, but I'd take him early in the 2nd round.

I personally would love to have him in the Sabres prospect system, I think he has serious NHL potential, but just hasn't shown that he has what it takes to crack an NHL starting lineup yet.

For me, probably late 1st round.
Mar. 31, 2017 at 7:54 p.m.
Danaultisabike
I don't think there's a future for Griffin in the NHL. He was perceived as a bit of a reach even when he was drafted, and I just think the quickness, physically and mentally isn't there.
trickydick55 and bixyboii liked this.
Mar. 31, 2017 at 8:07 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: backflip
I don't think there's a future for Griffin in the NHL. He was perceived as a bit of a reach even when he was drafted, and I just think the quickness, physically and mentally isn't there.

I think he'll be a full time NHLer one day, and i think he'd be a top4 d-man, though probably not top2.
Apr. 1, 2017 at 6:55 p.m.
I'd take him late in the 1st round but not anywhere near the top 5. He will be a good NHL defender but not elite.
Apr. 1, 2017 at 6:57 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Alex_Hancock
I'd take him late in the 1st round but not anywhere near the top 5. He will be a good NHL defender but not elite.

ty for voting!
Apr. 3, 2017 at 11:11 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Early 2nd
Apr. 3, 2017 at 11:21 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
Early 2nd

For me, late 1st i think.
Apr. 10, 2017 at 12:35 a.m.
He does not posses the skills to be a top 4 defensemen in this league. his defensive anticipation is average, his shot is average, his hands are average ect. as an Islander fan, and someone who watch him in the AHL, he does not have the tools to be any more than than a bottom three big guy
Apr. 10, 2017 at 2:41 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: trickydick55
He does not posses the skills to be a top 4 defensemen in this league. his defensive anticipation is average, his shot is average, his hands are average ect. as an Islander fan, and someone who watch him in the AHL, he does not have the tools to be any more than than a bottom three big guy

i think he has potential and he's an oilers prospect not isles (anymore).
Apr. 11, 2017 at 3:07 p.m.

I'm saying I watched him play in Bridgeport, a lot. he just doesn't have the tools and isn't as defensively sound as everyone thought. look at the D who were taking after him: Trouba, Dumba, Reilly, Lindholm skjei. All have developed steadily since being drafted while Reinhart has been stuck in neutral. Unless he makes a quantum leap this year he should be considered a bust @ #4, and nothing more than a bottom 3 big man
Apr. 11, 2017 at 6:07 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I'm saying I watched him play in Bridgeport, a lot. he just doesn't have the tools and isn't as defensively sound as everyone thought. look at the D who were taking after him: Trouba, Dumba, Reilly, Lindholm skjei. All have developed steadily since being drafted while Reinhart has been stuck in neutral. Unless he makes a quantum leap this year he should be considered a bust @ #4, and nothing more than a bottom 3 big man

I think he'll be a top 4 defenseman, not top 2 but i think he'll eventually make it to top 4 level.
Apr. 11, 2017 at 6:42 p.m.

I think he'll be a top 4 defenseman, not top 2 but i think he'll eventually make it to top 4 level.

Ok... why, what about his game gives you that inclination?
labossiere7 liked this.
Jun. 11, 2017 at 12:52 p.m.
I wouldn't consider him to be a "prospect" anymore
Jun. 11, 2017 at 1:25 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

well another thing is, apparently he played really good in that playoff game.
Cdn_bacon liked this.
Jun. 11, 2017 at 11:08 p.m.

thats exactly that I think. all you need is a good single playoff game to make you a top-4 defenseman
Jun. 12, 2017 at 1:58 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: phillyjabroni

thats exactly that I think. all you need is a good single playoff game to make you a top-4 defenseman

i'm just saying that he was a 4th overall pick, and some young defensemen take a while, and he apparently played really good in the playoff game, which is a good sign.
Jun. 12, 2017 at 6:09 p.m.

In Game 6 I don't think a single duck forward was able to get past him. They'd chip the puck in and he would make them pay the price every single time. If he plays like that every night he will be an NHL regular.
Jun. 12, 2017 at 11:36 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Alex_Hancock

In Game 6 I don't think a single duck forward was able to get past him. They'd chip the puck in and he would make them pay the price every single time. If he plays like that every night he will be an NHL regular.

agreed.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit