SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

price on Hagel

Jan. 18, 2022 at 7:13 p.m.
Kravtsov_Stan
I'd love to aquire hagel but im not sure what his worth is, what would say his value is
even better if its using pieces from the Rangers
Jan. 18, 2022 at 7:22 p.m.
1-0 them
probably an untouchable
Jan. 18, 2022 at 7:25 p.m.
Hagel pretty much untouchable he has been our most consistent player this year on a really really good contract he can play anywhere on the lineup and can do pp and pk he has been putting up pretty good points at age 23 I dont see the hawks moving him as we are looking towards the future he will easily be apart of it
Kravtsov_Stan and capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 10, 2022 at 9:14 p.m.
it depends on whether they hire a GM who is willing to do the right thing and rebuild.

Hagel should absolutely not be an untouchable in that scenario. I think, with hit style of play, there's a chance he won't be quite the same player in 3 or 4 years when the Blackhawks are relevant again. His prime is now, and he would be a great playoff contributor.

That said, his value should be high. They have no reason to trade him unless they win the trade long-term. Most teams dream on first round picks, but with a late first round pick, they'd be really lucky to have the guy turn into Hagel. He's shown that he can produce playing with the skilled players, as well as have an impact on the bottom-6. And he has a couple more years at $1.5 M/per.

A first round draft pick plus a decent prospect would be the starting point with him. A #22 first round pick in the 2022 draft, for example, could be a guy who winds up not having the same kind of impact, AND you don't get that impact for 3 or 4 years. But with Hagel, you get this guy for the playoffs right now. So, yeah, the cost would be pretty high because there's no desperation to move him.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll