Gallagher to LA

Created by: tkecanuck341
Team: 2021-22 Los Angeles Kings
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 19, 2022
Published: Jan. 19, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Everyone else was doing it....

What the Kings would be willing to give up for Gallagher. The Habs should probably just keep him.
Trades
LAK
  1. Gallagher, Brendan ($3,250,000 retained)
MTL
  1. Athanasiou, Andreas
  2. 2022 2nd round pick (LAK)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Termination Fees
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the LAK
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$74,433,712$0$1,420,000$7,066,288
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,875,000$1,875,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$5,875,000$5,875,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
C, LW, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,250,000$3,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$1,550,000$1,550,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$62,500$62K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$2,900,000$2,900,000
G
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 2
$3,150,000$3,150,000
RD
UFA - 3
$858,333$858,333
G
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$809,166$809,166 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$725,000$725,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$2,650,000$2,650,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$874,125$874,125
C, LW
RFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 19, 2022 at 5:44 p.m.
Careful. This might get deleted without warning or explanation because it's against the Habs.
tryger, OldNYIfan and B_seka17 liked this.
Jan. 19, 2022 at 5:46 p.m.
I post sometimes
Quoting: PuckLuck_77
Careful. This might get deleted without warning or explanation because it's against the Habs.

If you get deleted is probably because you didn't read the rules. Don't diss the moderator, they do a good job.

Habs are not retaining on Gally if they trade him. I believe they rather keep MTL fan favorite and soul of the team instead of trading him retained and for some scraps. BTW pretty sure this season is an outlier. Shorten offseason and all. They will all be back stronger soon.
Jan. 19, 2022 at 5:48 p.m.
Quoting: MTLaveragefan
If you get deleted is probably because you didn't read the rules. Don't diss the moderator, they do a good job.

Habs are not retaining on Gally if they trade him. I believe they rather keep MTL fan favorite and soul of the team instead of trading him retained and for some scraps. BTW pretty sure this season is an outlier. Shorten offseason and all. They will all be back stronger soon.

I did read the rules, thoroughly. I asked for explanation and never got a response from that. I even presented proof of the trade that I based my ACGM team off of, which was another Habs fan post that was never deleted. There was no flaming, no making fun of anyone, no cursing, etc. Was well within the rules.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 19, 2022 at 5:48 p.m.
Pop Pop
it feels like he's always hurt, he's a Smurf, about to be 30 and has 6 more years on that deal. He's a good productive guy but its not the most attractive piece.
tryger liked this.
Jan. 19, 2022 at 5:50 p.m.
Quoting: PuckLuck_77

It's not "against" anyone. There have been several fairly unrealistic trades involving Gallagher to the Kings lately where the Kings are giving up a 1st round pick and quality prospects for Gallagher with little to no retention. This ACGM shows where Gallagher would fit in LA's lineup and what I think he'd be worth to them.
Jan. 19, 2022 at 5:52 p.m.

I don't disagree. I don't think they'd get a lot for him without heavy salary retention, so they probably should just keep him.
Jan. 19, 2022 at 5:52 p.m.
Quoting: tkecanuck341
It's not "against" anyone. There have been several fairly unrealistic trades involving Gallagher to the Kings lately where the Kings are giving up a 1st round pick and quality prospects for Gallagher with little to no retention. This ACGM shows where Gallagher would fit in LA's lineup and what I think he'd be worth to them.

I'm with you, my friend. I'm just giving you a heads up based on my own experience.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 19, 2022 at 6:21 p.m.

The issue is twofold for the Habs, are Gallagher's best years behind him and if he does return to being great do you see him being a 30 goal scorer when he's 33-34 when the Habs are likely to compete again?

For a team trying to acquire him, his value is the lowest of his entire career, he likely doesn't fit the Habs plans long-term, and has a 6-team NMC so he can dictate a cheap price where ever he goes.

If the habs want to jump-start a rebuild and move on from Gallagher the Kings are a good trade partner, but only if they are willing to take a big chunk of that salary. This post (I'm guessing) was to address the dozens of Habs ACGMs that have come in the last week indicating that the Kings might move a blue-chip prospect and high picks to obtain Gally. I think it's a fair response to show how far apart our teams are on wanting to obtain him.
Jan. 19, 2022 at 6:26 p.m.
Go Habs Go
It's understandable why other teams would want Gallagher. If you want him, you give Montreal something they want and you figure out the money on your own.

Otherwise, just don't offer a trade for him because it isn't happening. Montreal is not going to give him away and they are not going to retain. The best you can do is send some money back.
MTLaveragefan liked this.
Jan. 19, 2022 at 6:44 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
It's understandable why other teams would want Gallagher. If you want him, you give Montreal something they want and you figure out the money on your own.

Otherwise, just don't offer a trade for him because it isn't happening. Montreal is not going to give him away and they are not going to retain. The best you can do is send some money back.

I don't especially want him. He'd be a solid 3rd liner on the Kings, and I'd like him at a sub $4M cap hit, but I'm not about to break the bank to bring him in.

I've seen dozens of Gallagher to LA posts from a Montreal perspective over the last week or so asking for a 1st and Turcotte or Vilardi for Gallagher and Chiarot or something crazy like that. This ACGM is a response to those saying that this is what I think the Kings would be willing to give up for Gallagher if Montreal insists on trying to force a deal here.
Jan. 19, 2022 at 7:23 p.m.
Go Habs Go
I don't especially want him. He'd be a solid 3rd liner on the Kings, and I'd like him at a sub $4M cap hit, but I'm not about to break the bank to bring him in.

I've seen dozens of Gallagher to LA posts from a Montreal perspective over the last week or so asking for a 1st and Turcotte or Vilardi for Gallagher and Chiarot or something crazy like that. This ACGM is a response to those saying that this is what I think the Kings would be willing to give up for Gallagher if Montreal insists on trying to force a deal here.

If you see him as a 3rd liner, obviously the salary and trade value will be way off. If you see him as a top 6 30 goal scorer (which he technically is), there's nothing wrong with his salary and he's worth a decent return.
The scope of that return is of course debatable.

I'd say Kupari and a 2nd is close enough IF it worked for LA.

What you're seeing however, is some people evaluating him as a cap dump based on part of a bad season and the mercurial notion that 30 years old means decline.
There's also being more concerned about what the end of his contract "might" look like. You're more concerned with now than later when trading for any vet.

The other side of the coin, I feel, is fans overvaluing him based on attaching additional value to his character, work ethic, and other "intangibles", which have endeared him to the fan base. Those are just parts of his skill set, like a sniper with a good shot.

Offering less or including retention makes sense when a team "wants" to move a player. Montreal and Gallagher don't fall into that category.
Jan. 19, 2022 at 7:33 p.m.
Quoting: ricochetii
If you see him as a 3rd liner, obviously the salary and trade value will be way off. If you see him as a top 6 30 goal scorer (which he technically is), there's nothing wrong with his salary and he's worth a decent return.
The scope of that return is of course debatable.

I'd say Kupari and a 2nd is close enough IF it worked for LA.

What you're seeing however, is some people evaluating him as a cap dump based on part of a bad season and the mercurial notion that 30 years old means decline.
There's also being more concerned about what the end of his contract "might" look like. You're more concerned with now than later when trading for any vet.

The other side of the coin, I feel, is fans overvaluing him based on attaching additional value to his character, work ethic, and other "intangibles", which have endeared him to the fan base. Those are just parts of his skill set, like a sniper with a good shot.

Offering less or including retention makes sense when a team "wants" to move a player. Montreal and Gallagher don't fall into that category.

Then I'll stick with my original assessment of "The Habs should probably just keep him."
ricochetii liked this.
Jan. 20, 2022 at 9:01 a.m.
I post sometimes
Quoting: Jfstompers
it feels like he's always hurt, he's a Smurf, about to be 30 and has 6 more years on that deal. He's a good productive guy but its not the most attractive piece.

Got hurt the last two season... and one of the injury was a broken jaw when he was crosschecked in the face behind the play by Niskanen during the playoffs. The guys played with a pulled groin, and bunch of other injury during the stanley cup final... then he had like a month and a half to recover before training camp.

He is tough as nails... but he the refs let a lot more go when its Gallagher. Then he gets up and smiles and goes on with his day.
Jfstompers liked this.
Jan. 20, 2022 at 9:03 a.m.
I post sometimes

crazy trade apart, he would definitely be on the top 6 in LA, with his friend Danault, they ran one of the best 5v5 line in the league for a few years.
Jan. 20, 2022 at 1:34 p.m.
crazy trade apart, he would definitely be on the top 6 in LA, with his friend Danault, they ran one of the best 5v5 line in the league for a few years.

Arvidsson and Danault have already built great chemistry and, along with Trevor Moore, are currently one of the best 5v5 lines in the league.

Also, Danault is destined to be the 3C in LA once Byfield breaks into the NHL (probably after the Olympic Break), so even if they paired Gallagher and Danault together, it would still be on the 3rd line.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll