The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jan. 20, 2022 at 12:06 p.m.
GO KNIGHTS GO
Just curious
Jan. 20, 2022 at 8:03 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
In order :

1. The Clone Wars... nostalgia plays a big part of it. Fun times, truly. The last season was a television masterpiece regardless of age. It was simply amazing.

2. The Mandalorian - I really enjoyed it. It has the feel of the original trilogy. However, I think the returning characters (Ahsoka, Boba, Bo-Katan & Luke) overshadowed the main plot and Mando in S2.

3. The BOBF - Slow start so far, still interesting, they're building up something crazy.

4. The Bad Batch - It had so much potential, but once again they relied too much on returning characters and poorly developed the protagonists. I think it'll get better in S2 though.

5. Rebels - I only watched the first few episodes, didn't really got hooked.
Mar. 9, 2022 at 12:32 p.m.
the great one
mando is sick
Mar. 10, 2022 at 9:52 a.m.
GO KNIGHTS GO
Kenobi's gonna be good
Apr. 1, 2022 at 11:53 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
The Book of Boba Fett is my favourite. I absolutely love Tatooine and Jabba’s Palace, so that’s a big part, plus the stuff with Luke and Grogu is just amazing.

I love everything else. The Clone Wars balances all of the parts of Star Wars really well, between the silly and weird and the deep and meaningful. It sets the tone for Rebels and the Bad Batch.

The Mandalorian is good, but it’s behind The Book of Boba Fett, Clone Wars, Rebels, and Bad Batch on my favourites list because aside from Din and Grogu, which I love, Imperials are my least favourite part of Star Wars, and I can’t stand the Mandalorian cult Din is a part of. I still really love the show, but not as much as the other ones.

Resistance is definitely meant for children, but it’s still a good show. The storylines in season 1 are mostly uninteresting, but it gets better in season 2, and the characters are what get you coming back for more. People who aren’t big Star Wars fans or children definitely won’t be able to sit through it though.
Apr. 1, 2022 at 11:55 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: JeffSkinnerFan53
Kenobi's gonna be good

I can’t wait for Kenobi. I’m more excited for it than I have been for anything other than the Skywalker Saga movies.
Apr. 1, 2022 at 12:00 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: SevenLeg
In order :

1. The Clone Wars... nostalgia plays a big part of it. Fun times, truly. The last season was a television masterpiece regardless of age. It was simply amazing.

2. The Mandalorian - I really enjoyed it. It has the feel of the original trilogy. However, I think the returning characters (Ahsoka, Boba, Bo-Katan & Luke) overshadowed the main plot and Mando in S2.

3. The BOBF - Slow start so far, still interesting, they're building up something crazy.

4. The Bad Batch - It had so much potential, but once again they relied too much on returning characters and poorly developed the protagonists. I think it'll get better in S2 though.

5. Rebels - I only watched the first few episodes, didn't really got hooked.

You should really give Rebels a 2nd chance. The 1st season isn’t as good as the rest, but it gets better as it goes, but seasons 2 to 4 are top tier Star Wars. The scope of the show broadens as the show goes on. A lot of it is just as good as the heights of the Clone Wars.

Sort of like how the Clone Wars didn’t really find its footing until season 3, and that’s where it became a consistently great show.
SevenLeg liked this.
Apr. 1, 2022 at 12:03 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
You should really give Rebels a 2nd chance. The 1st season isn’t as good as the rest, but it gets better as it goes, but seasons 2 to 4 are top tier Star Wars. The scope of the show broadens as the show goes on. A lot of it is just as good as the heights of the Clone Wars.

Sort of like how the Clone Wars didn’t really find its footing until season 3, and that’s where it became a consistently great show.

Yeah I'm planning to give it a go after I finish Kenobi. I already know most of Rebels story though.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Apr. 4, 2022 at 3:54 p.m.
Go leafs go

This has nothing to do with your post, but your user flair says "former hockey fan". Why former? Though if you don't want to explain, that's fine. I was just curious.
Apr. 4, 2022 at 6:50 p.m.
GO KNIGHTS GO
Quoting: Saskleaf
This has nothing to do with your post, but your user flair says "former hockey fan". Why former? Though if you don't want to explain, that's fine. I was just curious.

Man, if I was a Canadiens fan…
JKJKJK
Saskleaf, Kotkaniemi15 and zk97 liked this.
Apr. 4, 2022 at 8:18 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: JeffSkinnerFan53
Man, if I was a Canadiens fan…
JKJKJK

Lol.
Apr. 4, 2022 at 11:44 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan

I’ve lost interest in hockey this year. Part of it is me losing interest in watching hockey games in general, since it’s gotten to a point where I’ve watched so much hockey over the past few years that everything seems stale, and I don’t take pleasure in any of the little parts of the game anymore. Before this year I would take detailed notes of the lines and goals for every single habs game (including preseason and rookie camp) but now I don’t feel like doing these notes anymore, and find it hard to have any interest in watching the game. I also think that before last year’s playoffs I was super into the minutiae of the salary cap and figuring out Montréal’s accrued cap space, but as the playoffs went on I cared less about the specifics of roster construction or how certain players played in games, but instead focus solely on my emotional investment in the players and in the team’s success.

The main thing is all of the stuff that’s happened with the habs since the start of last July. The team being bad is definitely a factor in why I’m not watching games this year, but the fact that so many of my favourite players that were such big parts of the team are gone is the main reason why I don’t think I’ll be watching hockey for at least the next few years. The losses of Kotkaniemi, Danault, and Lehkonen specifically hit hard, and now when I think about the habs it’s always centred in sadness about those who are no longer on the team. Losing KK and drafting Mailloux broke my mind, losing a bunch of players and being really bad in the season made me lose interest in the game, and trading Lehkonen was the final nail in the coffin that the habs team I loved is dead and I’m never going to enjoy hockey as much as I did last year ever again.

Sorry if that’s too long, I think I’m still dealing with fully sorting out my emotions.
Apr. 5, 2022 at 9:20 a.m.
Go leafs go
I’ve lost interest in hockey this year. Part of it is me losing interest in watching hockey games in general, since it’s gotten to a point where I’ve watched so much hockey over the past few years that everything seems stale, and I don’t take pleasure in any of the little parts of the game anymore. Before this year I would take detailed notes of the lines and goals for every single habs game (including preseason and rookie camp) but now I don’t feel like doing these notes anymore, and find it hard to have any interest in watching the game. I also think that before last year’s playoffs I was super into the minutiae of the salary cap and figuring out Montréal’s accrued cap space, but as the playoffs went on I cared less about the specifics of roster construction or how certain players played in games, but instead focus solely on my emotional investment in the players and in the team’s success.

The main thing is all of the stuff that’s happened with the habs since the start of last July. The team being bad is definitely a factor in why I’m not watching games this year, but the fact that so many of my favourite players that were such big parts of the team are gone is the main reason why I don’t think I’ll be watching hockey for at least the next few years. The losses of Kotkaniemi, Danault, and Lehkonen specifically hit hard, and now when I think about the habs it’s always centred in sadness about those who are no longer on the team. Losing KK and drafting Mailloux broke my mind, losing a bunch of players and being really bad in the season made me lose interest in the game, and trading Lehkonen was the final nail in the coffin that the habs team I loved is dead and I’m never going to enjoy hockey as much as I did last year ever again.

Sorry if that’s too long, I think I’m still dealing with fully sorting out my emotions.

Thanks for this man. I didn't expect an answer this long, I appreaciate this.

I'm sorry to hear this. Really unfortanate that you've lost interest in hockey. But of course, in the grand scheme of thing, hockey means very little.

Does this mean that you won't be on this site much anymore? We'll miss you.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Apr. 5, 2022 at 11:18 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Thanks for this man. I didn't expect an answer this long, I appreaciate this.

I'm sorry to hear this. Really unfortanate that you've lost interest in hockey. But of course, in the grand scheme of thing, hockey means very little.

Does this mean that you won't be on this site much anymore? We'll miss you.

I’ve been checking in on the site from time to time, but I’m definitely spending less time on it than I did before. And when I’m here I’ll be less spending time in Armchair GMs or arguing about trades, and instead just talking with the great people here in the forums.
Saskleaf liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit