SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Who will be the 2017 Stanley Cup Champions?

Who do you think will win the cup this year?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 31, 2017 at 6:56 p.m.
(Try to avoid bias and be realistic) also left in teams still in playoff race (realistically) according to standings of MAR. 31st (Before games)
Mar. 31, 2017 at 7:01 p.m.
I voted Washington, I think this is the year they get it done. If not I'd go Minnesota, they are stacked too. The Blackhawks are never a bad choice either. Penguins were the champs last year so they deserve some consideration. If none of those four teams wins I'll be very very surprised.
Mar. 31, 2017 at 7:03 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Washington. I really think it's the year that they finally do it. I mean, everyone keeps saying them every year, but i really think it's their year.
Quoting: NobodyCares
I voted Washington, I think this is the year they get it done. If not I'd go Minnesota, they are stacked too. The Blackhawks are never a bad choice either. Penguins were the champs last year so they deserve some consideration. If none of those four teams wins I'll be very very surprised.

Yeah my top 5 choices are WSH, CHI, STL, MIN, PIT and then a bit of wishful hoping that the Habs or Rangers win but i dont really see that happening
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Washington. I really think it's the year that they finally do it. I mean, everyone keeps saying them every year, but i really think it's their year.

Yeah so do I
Mar. 31, 2017 at 7:04 p.m.
Danaultisabike
Very tempted to follow my heart and say Montreal, but I still think Washington gets it done this year.
Mar. 31, 2017 at 7:11 p.m.
NBABound
Last year I predicted the Pens were going to win it during Crosby's slump (probably the only person that still believed in them lol).

So, this year I predict that it's going to be Chicago, again. Crazy if it happens.

Washington: I think they get past the 2nd round this year but I don't know, something about them doesn't seem like a Cup winner yet. Idk, have they peaked yet as a team? If they have then that's my reason.
Pittsburgh: I could see them repeating but they have been inconsistent the past 3 months. Peaked too early IMO.
Minnesota: I think they make the conf.finals but get ousted because they just don't have a true #1C and they don't have scoring 'stars'. Don't get me wrong, their depth is top notch, but that's not enough for them to continue.
Chicago: Peaked at the perfect time. No 'national' pressure on this team as in other cases. Their core is one of the best in the league. Done it before.
San Jose: No real explanation, just don't see them winning this year.

Those are probably the true contenders unless we see a 2006 Hurricanes team come out of nowhere and make the Cup finals.
Mar. 31, 2017 at 7:21 p.m.
Quoting: backflip
Very tempted to follow my heart and say Montreal, but I still think Washington gets it done this year.

Yeah i wish i could confidently say Montreal but i fear they'll only make it to the ECF then get beaten by WSH
Mar. 31, 2017 at 8:03 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Mr_cap
Last year I predicted the Pens were going to win it during Crosby's slump (probably the only person that still believed in them lol).

So, this year I predict that it's going to be Chicago, again. Crazy if it happens.

Washington: I think they get past the 2nd round this year but I don't know, something about them doesn't seem like a Cup winner yet. Idk, have they peaked yet as a team? If they have then that's my reason.
Pittsburgh: I could see them repeating but they have been inconsistent the past 3 months. Peaked too early IMO.
Minnesota: I think they make the conf.finals but get ousted because they just don't have a true #1C and they don't have scoring 'stars'. Don't get me wrong, their depth is top notch, but that's not enough for them to continue.
Chicago: Peaked at the perfect time. No 'national' pressure on this team as in other cases. Their core is one of the best in the league. Done it before.

Those are probably the true contenders unless we see a 2006 Hurricanes team come out of nowhere and make the Cup finals.

For a while in the playoffs i thought they would win it. Nobody agreed with me. And guess what? They did!
Mar. 31, 2017 at 8:34 p.m.
I could honestly see the Bruins going on a run. Since our new coach took over we're 15 and 7 I think. That's getting pretty hot at the right time. On the other hand we could flame out and miss the playoffs entirely. I think we're going to finish strong and if Rask gets hot like he was the first half of the season when he was an All Star we have some chance to go deep. I really feel we're a team made for the playoffs.
Mar. 31, 2017 at 8:37 p.m.
NBABound

For a while in the playoffs i thought they would win it. Nobody agreed with me. And guess what? They did!

I predicted it in October/November. Therefore I'm better. lol
Mar. 31, 2017 at 8:38 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I predicted it in October/November. Therefore I'm better. lol

I thought the penguins were 2nd most likely for a while, until Chicago lost in round one. Then i thought it would be PIT.
Apr. 1, 2017 at 2:43 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I'm tired of picking the Caps for this, I just get my heart broken every year. I'd love nothing more than to be wrong on this, but I've got to imagine it's a Chicago/Pittsburgh Cup Final, with Chicago winning in 6
Apr. 1, 2017 at 3:42 p.m.
NBABound
Ok.

Who picked the Leafs? Lmao.
Apr. 3, 2017 at 12:28 p.m.
I'm picking Chicago to win it. It is an odd year and they've won the cup the last 2 times, with it being an odd year.

Seriously though, they have an experienced goalie, a back up who can be a starter somewhere next year. They have one of the best talents offensively with Kane. They are a great team and they will be hard to beat.

Though, I would love to see Washington vs Chicago in the final. I just don't know if Washington can get out of the second round if they play Pittsburgh.
Apr. 3, 2017 at 1:12 p.m.
Not the President's Trophy winner.

But seriously, I'll take Chicago, I honestly don't see anyone in the West beating them. As for the Eastern champion, I think will come out of the Montreal-Rangers series. Montreal is a great team when everything's clicking, and the Rangers get a huge break by avoiding the brutal Metro playoffs.
Apr. 3, 2017 at 4:01 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: KL17
Not the President's Trophy winner.

But seriously, I'll take Chicago, I honestly don't see anyone in the West beating them. As for the Eastern champion, I think will come out of the Montreal-Rangers series. Montreal is a great team when everything's clicking, and the Rangers get a huge break by avoiding the brutal Metro playoffs.

I think Washington might do it. I think Chicago could win the cup, but i also wouldn't be surprised if they lost 4-0 in the 1st round. They're so unpredictable in this playoff. Chicago could do great, or they could do horrible. not sure.
Apr. 3, 2017 at 4:02 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: awatt
I'm picking Chicago to win it. It is an odd year and they've won the cup the last 2 times, with it being an odd year.

Seriously though, they have an experienced goalie, a back up who can be a starter somewhere next year. They have one of the best talents offensively with Kane. They are a great team and they will be hard to beat.

Though, I would love to see Washington vs Chicago in the final. I just don't know if Washington can get out of the second round if they play Pittsburgh.

I'm not a hawks fan, but i'd have to say they could do pretty good.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit