SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Edmonton Oilers

Coaching Change, Goaltending, and Media Pressure

Jan. 21, 2022 at 10:53 a.m.
LETS GO OILERS
My personal opinion is that a coaching change could really benefit the Oilers right now. I think they need a new perspective, Watching the last 2 games against the Senators, and Panthers I can find many ways in which the Oilers need to change their gameplay a bit. In the Senators game Oilers were up 3-1 after 2 but couldn't lock it down they should have gone with the old 1 2 2 defense but obviously they didn't hold the lead I also doubt the Oilers ability to defend I mean the Panthers game Verheaghe's goal was a total miscommunication 4 oilers went to the other side of the net and he was left all alone. My second point is Oilers need better goaltending it is starting to become a cliche but it is a definite issue Oilers can't rely on Smith to stay healthy and they are just overloading Koskinen and expecting NHL starts from a goaltender who has only played some 15 games. My last point is Media pressure does not help the mindset of the Edmonton Oiler players. I think part of their mental game is depleted because they are getting too pressured I mean when people go into the media conference room and ask the same question over and over again " What is wrong with the Edmonton Oilers team" players just start to get frustrated. I want to hear your thoughts now.
Onceaflamesfan and oilersguy liked this.
Jan. 21, 2022 at 12:42 p.m.
NO FLAMES
Totally agree with the defense and the goal tending points but the coaching change might be iffy. You might get a positive change like what happened in Vancouver or your change might cause the team to fall in disarray. What ever the case the BOA coming up is a must win for this club to dig itself out of this hole.
oilersdude liked this.
Jan. 22, 2022 at 8:17 p.m.
Bedard23
Fire both Tippet and Holland
oilersdude liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll