G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
Taxi Squad
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$725,000$725,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000 ($1,375,000$1M$1,375,000$1M)
LW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000 ($0$0$0$0)
LW
UFA - 1
$805,833$805,833 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 26, 2022 at 12:10 a.m.
Your plan definitely is good, but I would tweak a few things. I too believe Muzzin, Mrazek, and Ritchie need to go. I would try my best to trade them. You would have just south of 12 million. (11,925,000M). According to many users, and Betman himself, he has claimed a while back that the cap is supposed to go up by one million. If Sandin can play on that second pair, you guys should be fine with your resigns. So you would have (12,925,000M) in cap if it’s true and the cap goes up. With that money, you guys should be able to get most of your resigns done. If you can’t resign Campbell, depending on how much he wants, there is also cheap options out there (Vanecek 3M, Allen 2.875M, Georgiev 2M, etc). Vanecek, and Georgiev’s contracts are guesses as I don’t know what they would get… the exact amount. They can still be competitive if they play their cards right. Especially if they get rid of Holl and get an upgrade for the top 4. I think unless Campbell wants under 4M, you are screwed with signing him, but there are plenty other guys just in case!
Jan. 26, 2022 at 12:21 a.m.
Quoting: Nhl_oilers
Your plan definitely is good, but I would tweak a few things. I too believe Muzzin, Mrazek, and Ritchie need to go. I would try my best to trade them. You would have just south of 12 million. (11,925,000M). According to many users, and Betman himself, he has claimed a while back that the cap is supposed to go up by one million. If Sandin can play on that second pair, you guys should be fine with your resigns. So you would have (12,925,000M) in cap if it’s true and the cap goes up. With that money, you guys should be able to get most of your resigns done. If you can’t resign Campbell, depending on how much he wants, there is also cheap options out there (Vanecek 3M, Allen 2.875M, Georgiev 2M, etc). Vanecek, and Georgiev’s contracts are guesses as I don’t know what they would get… the exact amount. They can still be competitive if they play their cards right. Especially if they get rid of Holl and get an upgrade for the top 4. I think unless Campbell wants under 4M, you are screwed with signing him, but there are plenty other guys just in case!

Yeah, I agree with most of that. Campbell seems like the type to take the hometown price after his lengthy career trajectory in finding a fit. Sandin should be a lock for 2LD next year, worst case it would be a deadline replacement there imo. I think 5m should be the middle ground target for both Leafs and Campbell, especially as you expect his numbers to regress a tad towards the end of the year (as seen in his last few games). The risk on a 30 Y/O is normally pretty significant so obviously, there's a number that their situation dictates that unfortunately, you'd have to say bye at (Like in the case of Hyman heading over there)

The outlook was more for this season, while for the next, hopefully some of Knies/Amirov/Steeves/hosang being able to fill roles next year for Mik/Kerfoot/ritchie while Sandin + Woll/Kallgren take over rolls for Muzzin/Mrazek
Nhl_oilers liked this.
Jan. 26, 2022 at 12:28 a.m.
Quoting: TheDream_43
Yeah, I agree with most of that. Campbell seems like the type to take the hometown price after his lengthy career trajectory in finding a fit. Sandin should be a lock for 2LD next year, worst case it would be a deadline replacement there imo. I think 5m should be the middle ground target for both Leafs and Campbell, especially as you expect his numbers to regress a tad towards the end of the year (as seen in his last few games). The risk on a 30 Y/O is normally pretty significant so obviously, there's a number that their situation dictates that unfortunately, you'd have to say bye at (Like in the case of Hyman heading over there)

The outlook was more for this season, while for the next, hopefully some of Knies/Amirov/Steeves/hosang being able to fill roles next year for Mik/Kerfoot/ritchie while Sandin + Woll/Kallgren take over rolls for Muzzin/Mrazek

Definitely. I didn’t know you don’t want Kerfoot… if those guys are ready, they makes it even easier to sign Campbell. You will just have to hope your young guys can do well in those lines, which I think it will be fine. And like you suggested, I would also use Robertson as trade bait for a top 4 right shot defence man. This leafs team could actually be quite decent coming into next year.. I think Mikheyev may want to stay, and I think you may be able to afford him depending on how much he wants, and if he keeps this scoring rampage going on! It will be interesting to see what he does, but if he plays his cards right, it could be a good team!
Jan. 26, 2022 at 12:36 a.m.
Quoting: Nhl_oilers
Definitely. I didn’t know you don’t want Kerfoot… if those guys are ready, they makes it even easier to sign Campbell. You will just have to hope your young guys can do well in those lines, which I think it will be fine. And like you suggested, I would also use Robertson as trade bait for a top 4 right shot defence man. This leafs team could actually be quite decent coming into next year.. I think Mikheyev may want to stay, and I think you may be able to afford him depending on how much he wants, and if he keeps this scoring rampage going on! It will be interesting to see what he does, but if he plays his cards right, it could be a good team!

Definitely lots of variables with young guys. Kerfoot is probably just a depth luxury the team can't afford next season. Mik asked out last year for ice time issues, which though have increased I definitely see the hoping for a bigger role with a team next year. I like the player, so wouldn't be opposed to resign at a low #.

Also, hoping the Oilers can figure out the depth issue over there. The core is insane and it's almost annoying to watch even from the outside how they haven't put it together. A few tweaks to the depth, plus a goalie could make that team a dreadful matchup for 7.
Nhl_oilers liked this.
Jan. 26, 2022 at 12:40 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Let's stop the fantasy that NMC can be moved. He isn't leaving......well maybe he might to agree to Florida or Tampa who don't have the cap.
Almost the same with N MTC Mrzarek.
Jan. 26, 2022 at 12:46 a.m.
Edited Jan. 26, 2022 at 1:34 a.m.
Quoting: TheDream_43
Definitely lots of variables with young guys. Kerfoot is probably just a depth luxury the team can't afford next season. Mik asked out last year for ice time issues, which though have increased I definitely see the hoping for a bigger role with a team next year. I like the player, so wouldn't be opposed to resign at a low #.

Also, hoping the Oilers can figure out the depth issue over there. The core is insane and it's almost annoying to watch even from the outside how they haven't put it together. A few tweaks to the depth, plus a goalie could make that team a dreadful matchup for 7.

Ah I see. Yah Kerfoots 3.5M is definitely not helping. I forgot Mikheyev asked out… yah he will probably leave. I think they could make it past the first round this, and years to come. If Kerfoot was making less, I would say keep him, but 3.5M while you are tight against the cap is hard to work around.

I’m also hoping the oilers can too. It’s upsetting that we are not in a playoff spot, but we have won two in a row now, so maybe we can start winning again. It’s a easy fix for the oilers, but Holland won’t do anything till the off-season. We definitely need better depth, a starter, and I would like a top 4 right shot defence man as well. After that, I think both of our teams could be very good next year even! Conference finals matchup: Oilers vs Leafs… I would love to see that!

It was nice talking to you, and having discussion about the teams! Have a good one.
TheDream_43 liked this.
Jan. 26, 2022 at 12:49 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
Let's stop the fantasy that NMC can be moved. He isn't leaving......well maybe he might to agree to Florida or Tampa who don't have the cap.
Almost the same with N MTC Mrzarek.

Mrazek is only a 10 team, not a huge issue there in an offseason.

Muzzin may be harder or not even in their intentions, but there are very few times where a player would refuse trading at all when asked by a team. He likely just controls where he goes with a NTC rather than forces his hand to stay where he's not wanted. The return would be hindered but doubtful that it's a situation where they have no choice.

Obviously, there's no telling what a team's offseason will look like especially with none of us having the inside track to our management's brain. With Sandin+ Rielly looking like the long-term LD there's reason to suspect something like this and the team clearly needs to find cap space.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll