Published: Jan. 26, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
BOS
  1. Chychrun, Jakob
  2. Fischer, Christian
Additional Details:
Breaking it down:

Chych: yes he has had a bad season this year but is production also reflects the team he has around him.
Last year chych was a top 15-20 dman in the league at only the age of 22, with a decently competitive team ari had he balled out so i can see the high price tag for him as now if he had a dpartner of his skill level he would probably become a norris candidate.
he isn't the most physical dman but he is a good shot blocker has a nice shot which is accurate as well, the biggest thing though was he truly had no weaknesses, he was strong in all 3 zones and was great on PK and PP i can see why boston would be so interested in him as he is a near perfect partner for mcavoy. they are very similiar players i think mcavoy's defence definitely is ahead of chych's but chych is still more offensive minded. the 2 of them paired up would be great as they can feed off each others strengths forming almost a near perfect Dpair. I hope sweeney really try's to acquire him as not often do you find dmen like chych on the market.

Fishcer: Will most likely be on the 4th line which is fine, not the biggest offensive guy but he plays hard and plays physical. He's reliable on the PK and in the dzone and i think nosek, lazar and him would form a very dynamic 4th line. lazar has the speed and flashy skill, nosek is the all-around beast who does everything right and fischer is the big physical guy who will go in the dirty area's and win the board battles
ARI
  1. DeBrusk, Jake
  2. Lohrei, Mason [Reserve List]
  3. Studnicka, Jack
  4. 2022 1st round pick (BOS)
  5. 2022 3rd round pick (CGY)
  6. 2023 2nd round pick (BOS)
Additional Details:
Stud: I think stud is a 3c on a bottom feeder like Ari, he looked very solid in his few games this year and in the preseason and he continues to be a very solid contributor in the ahl. I still don't know why cassidy isn't giving him more opportunities as stud played a very solid all-around game while up, yes he didn't wow anyone with points but he definitely helped generate a lot of high danger opportunities. I think he would be better off on another team his 2C potential is there you can see watching play i think he just needs to be slotted in a role where he can actually develop and build chem with linemates and then he start producing more.

Lohrei: Lohrei would hurt to lose
Lohrei currently has 22 points in 26 games for ohio state, he is tied for 1st in points as a dmen for a freshman with luke hughes and is tied for 3rd in points out of all dman. he is currently producing with the like of hughes, sanderson, power all of which were top 5 picks.
Lohrei has now developed quite a strong all-around game his size is great as he is listed at 6'4 204, there isn't one area on the offensive end he struggles at he is a good skater a great passer and for a dman has some pretty slick hands. one thing i read was that people wished he used his shot more he tends to look for an open teammate rather then taking his chance to score which could come down to confidence in his shot but from the few games i watched he had a very accurate wrister and a quite hard slapshot.
the only reason i would be okay to moving lohrei is because we have chych coming back and being our top LHD for the future and also vaak and zboril took some masssive steps this season. if we don't get chych though im fine with keeping lohrei i see him being in our top 4 very soon

Debrusk: we all know who he is, what he can be and what he has previously shown us he is capable of.
I think for Ari he will be their LW2 for a while, give debrusk a pass first center with some speed and you will see him excel once again. given an increased role, PP time and potentially better linemates i think debrusk will return to his 25+ goal potential he had.

picks will be late but seems like most the teams competing for chych are top 10 teams so no matter what the picks they receive will be late.
either way for Ari the more picks the merrier as they have more opportunites to build a great prospect pool to build around

all of the assets ari acquires are 25 and younger meaning they are in no rush to win and can simply allow all their players to develop the right way and reach their max potential
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$80,444,841$1,956,507$82,500$1,055,159
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,375,000$2,375,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$6,666,667$6,666,667
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$3,800,000$3,800,000
LW, C, RW
NMC
UFA - 2
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,687,500$3,687,500
LD
UFA - 3
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
UFA - 6
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
Taxi Squad
$894,167$894,167 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$842,500$842,500 ($0$0$0$0) (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, RW
UFA - 1
G
UFA - 1
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 26, 2022 at 5:12 p.m.
Banned
I think you're close, but the prospect choices are iffy. I think they'll want Lysell. You can probably keep that deal as is, remove both prospects and replace them with Lysell and it would be a very good deal.
Dekes liked this.
Jan. 26, 2022 at 5:16 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: Mr_Gardoki
I think you're close, but the prospect choices are iffy. I think they'll want Lysell. You can probably keep that deal as is, remove both prospects and replace them with Lysell and it would be a very good deal.

I think lysell would take a lot of convincing for sweeney to move where as lohrei sweeney wouldn't like but would do it as we are receiving a top LHD while moving our top D prospect.

i would definitely keep lysell open to trade. But if there was a way to get it done without him id prefer that
Jan. 26, 2022 at 5:19 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Dekes
I think lysell would take a lot of convincing for sweeney to move where as lohrei sweeney wouldn't like but would do it as we are receiving a top LHD while moving our top D prospect.

i would definitely keep lysell open to trade. But if there was a way to get it done without him id prefer that

I get that and I don't think it's a bad deal as-is, I just think other teams would offer up better prospects than that, but 1st, 2nd and 3rd may off-set that. I guess it depends on what AZ would value more.
Jan. 26, 2022 at 6:19 p.m.
Trading for Chych is a mistake, he's not worth that price tag at all
BruinsCharlies liked this.
Jan. 26, 2022 at 6:22 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: KennyBoi
Trading for Chych is a mistake, he's not worth that price tag at all

idk between chych, mcavoy and carlo we have a set top 3 for the next 6+ years after that we just find the best fits.

chych was only getting better and better each season till this year, now imagine he gets mcavoy or carlo as a dpartner either way it will be the best dpartner he has had and im sure he would return to his formerself
Jan. 26, 2022 at 6:29 p.m.
Do you think there a possibility that Vak or Zboril could be swapped for Lohrei. I loveeee Lohrei and I'd be sad to see him go. But if we do get Chych then id be happy.
Jan. 26, 2022 at 6:33 p.m.
idk between chych, mcavoy and carlo we have a set top 3 for the next 6+ years after that we just find the best fits.

chych was only getting better and better each season till this year, now imagine he gets mcavoy or carlo as a dpartner either way it will be the best dpartner he has had and im sure he would return to his formerself

I agree that he'll become a better player paired with those 2 guys, but the price tag for him and where the Bruins currently are at just doesn't make sense. Bruins need some young guns back in their cupboards. If it was me Lohrei and any 1st are untouchable, unless it lands Hertl + contract extension.

The absolute most I would offer for Chych is JD + 1st + Vaak or Studs, maybe even both.

In my mind though, 2C is a bigger need than D
Jan. 26, 2022 at 6:35 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: messynews
Do you think there a possibility that Vak or Zboril could be swapped for Lohrei. I loveeee Lohrei and I'd be sad to see him go. But if we do get Chych then id be happy.

i like lohrei too but to get value you need to give value and most teams will be throwing atleast 1 of their top 3 prospects in the trade and for boston it's either lysell or lohrei or harrison but with harrison we would need to add another pick still.

vaak has looked good but we would need to see more from him, teams won't assume he's back to his top 4 potential after 8 nhl games.
maybe if Ari doesn't move chych and waits till offseason and vaak plays very well for the rest of the year and shows he can be a top 4 or better dman then maybe we could replace him for lohrei but then really if vaak becomes a top 4 guy and a very solid one then there is no point in acquiring chych as our future at LHD will be solidified with grzz, vaak, lohrei, zboril whoever plays best gets a spot
DontheGoat liked this.
Jan. 26, 2022 at 6:39 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
I agree that he'll become a better player paired with those 2 guys, but the price tag for him and where the Bruins currently are at just doesn't make sense. Bruins need some young guns back in their cupboards. If it was me Lohrei and any 1st are untouchable, unless it lands Hertl + contract extension.

The absolute most I would offer for Chych is JD + 1st + Vaak or Studs, maybe even both.

In my mind though, 2C is a bigger need than D

i think D needs more help honestly ever since the hall, haula, pasta line formed it has been arguably our best offensive line and has sparked some great depth scoring along with the 3rd line is now scoring good. until they fail no need to fix what isn't broken
another thing hertl will want a 7+ mill contract, chych's is only 4.6 mill for 3 more seasons he is also almost 6 years younger. bruins need to be focused on the now and future chych fills both needs.
in reality we probably target the best C or LHD with our 1st this year and as good of a prospect lohrei is, he is just a prospect we hope turnsout, chych is a proven star dman.
In B's situation they need results not hope's
Jan. 26, 2022 at 6:49 p.m.
i think D needs more help honestly ever since the hall, haula, pasta line formed it has been arguably our best offensive line and has sparked some great depth scoring along with the 3rd line is now scoring good. until they fail no need to fix what isn't broken
another thing hertl will want a 7+ mill contract, chych's is only 4.6 mill for 3 more seasons he is also almost 6 years younger. bruins need to be focused on the now and future chych fills both needs.
in reality we probably target the best C or LHD with our 1st this year and as good of a prospect lohrei is, he is just a prospect we hope turnsout, chych is a proven star dman.
In B's situation they need results not hope's

But the problem is that this offer you suggested gets outbid by the others teams in on him. The Bruins just don't have the assets to acquire him, and if they do end up out bidding the other teams by trading Lysell and/or Loherei, the Bruins will be dead last in the NHL for impactful prospects for many years.

I just don't see it being worth it unless they take the package I said above, but I doubt it.
Jan. 26, 2022 at 6:54 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
But the problem is that this offer you suggested gets outbid by the others teams in on him. The Bruins just don't have the assets to acquire him, and if they do end up out bidding the other teams by trading Lysell and/or Loherei, the Bruins will be dead last in the NHL for impactful prospects for many years.

I just don't see it being worth it unless they take the package I said above, but I doubt it.

yes you lose prospects but prospects are all potential chych is a 23 yr old star already
Jan. 26, 2022 at 9:25 p.m.
yes you lose prospects but prospects are all potential chych is a 23 yr old star already

He is not a star. He is a good player plain and simple. Keep your top prospects (Swayman, Lysell, Lohrei) and move on. You will appreciate them all the more in the next few years.
KennyBoi liked this.
Jan. 27, 2022 at 1:58 a.m.
Dekesaladekes
Quoting: BruinsCharlies
He is not a star. He is a good player plain and simple. Keep your top prospects (Swayman, Lysell, Lohrei) and move on. You will appreciate them all the more in the next few years.

he had 41 points in 56 games as a Dman on a weak arizona team. he was analytically one of the top 15 all around dmen in the league. he is exactly what everyone has been praying for.
outside of swayman, lysell and lohrei haven't proven nothing in the big leagues. junior leagues are good and all but B's need results we are trying to win a cup before bergy and marchy are gone but we have no time to wait for lysell and lohrei id much rather move a few future assets for a player that can help us win a cup and also keeps our team young and gives us a future rather then waste away these last few years of us competing.

we will never find a player like bergy or marchy again, we won't have this strong of a team for a long time. now is the time to win and im willing to sacrifice everything even if it means we have a few more years of retooling/ rebuilding later a cup makes it all worth it.

i can guarantee you even though tampa has no top prospects and no draft capital left that they aren't regretting moving all those assets to win 2 cups.
you either fight for the 1st overall pick or you fight for the cup you tell me what you want more because at the end of the day edmonton has had how much success with all their 1st overall picks.

when we won a cup we literally had like 3 players that came from the 1st rd most are top dogs though came from the 2 round a lower. bergy, krech, big z, lucic, seidenberg, boychuck all 2nd rd and lower. just because we don't have 1st doesn't mean we can't build a good prospect pool.

**** 3 out our top 4 prospects came from the 2nd rd or lower lohrei, stud, harrison were all later picks
ngikas liked this.
Jan. 28, 2022 at 7:12 p.m.

imo the Bruins are better off in the future with these prospects than Chych
BruinsCharlies and Dekes liked this.
Jan. 29, 2022 at 1:56 p.m.
Dekesaladekes
imo the Bruins are better off in the future with these prospects than Chych

fair enough im fine either way getting chych or not getting him

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll