C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$1,645,000$1,645,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,800,000$3,800,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Taxi Squad
$2,500,000$2,500,000 ($1,375,000$1M$1,375,000$1M)
LW
UFA - 2
$805,833$805,833 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 28, 2022 at 9:32 a.m.
Deleted
I will never understand Marner haters. Elite playmaker with 30 goal 100 point potential
jaok3 liked this.
Jan. 28, 2022 at 9:35 a.m.
Marner rocks
Quoting: Nate
I will never understand Marner haters. Elite playmaker with 30 goal 100 point potential

They don't know the game of hockey.
DeletedACGMAccount liked this.
Jan. 28, 2022 at 9:37 a.m.

Not denying his talented skill but it's his personality that I'm not a fan of. I was re-watching the press conference after the series loss to the Habs, he said he doesn't need to 'change his game' for the playoffs when he was one of the reason the Leafs lost. Even recently he said the team took their foot off the pedal, but why didn't he take his foot off the pedal during the contract negotiations?
Jan. 28, 2022 at 9:40 a.m.
Deleted
Quoting: MrDinkiee
Not denying his talented skill but it's his personality that I'm not a fan of. I was re-watching the press conference after the series loss to the Habs, he said he doesn't need to 'change his game' for the playoffs when he was one of the reason the Leafs lost. Even recently he said the team took their foot off the pedal, but why didn't he take his foot off the pedal during the contract negotiations?

Marner loves Toronto and lots of the contract drama was due to pressure from other people. He is a leader through and through. Go watch All or Nothing and tell me he doesnt care
Jan. 28, 2022 at 9:47 a.m.
Marner loves Toronto and lots of the contract drama was due to pressure from other people. He is a leader through and through. Go watch All or Nothing and tell me he doesnt care

I'm sorry but Marner is the last person I consider a 'leader'. Contract drama or not, this is his hometown team, he grew up a Leafs fan. How come players on other teams take discount deals, but Marner couldn't do the same with the Leafs? If he got $9M, you know how many more fans would love him? I want Marner to be one of my favourite players, but I lost a lot of respect for him (not denying his talent though)
Jan. 28, 2022 at 9:52 a.m.
Deleted
I'm sorry but Marner is the last person I consider a 'leader'. Contract drama or not, this is his hometown team, he grew up a Leafs fan. How come players on other teams take discount deals, but Marner couldn't do the same with the Leafs? If he got $9M, you know how many more fans would love him? I want Marner to be one of my favourite players, but I lost a lot of respect for him (not denying his talent though)

So why doesnt Tavares get any flack for not taking a massive paycut to play for his hometown team? Good players get paid big money because they are good. You cant expect someone who is top 15 in the league to take a massive paycut to play for a team, or else they are going to leave for a team where their talents are paid for. Marner received multiple offersheets and signed none. He genuinely cares and is a leader
Jan. 28, 2022 at 9:57 a.m.
So why doesnt Tavares get any flack for not taking a massive paycut to play for his hometown team? Good players get paid big money because they are good. You cant expect someone who is top 15 in the league to take a massive paycut to play for a team, or else they are going to leave for a team where their talents are paid for. Marner received multiple offersheets and signed none. He genuinely cares and is a leader

I'm not a fan of the Tavares contract (which is why I have him at the bottom of my standings), but the things he says doesn't irritate me. One thing is to say the right comments while getting paid, but another is having an ego while the Leafs paid you big time. I don't want comments like 'I don't need to change my game' in the locker room when he was the biggest issue in the playoffs. Also, good players get paid, I agree, but when you have guys like Nathan MacKinnon publicly mentioning that he will take a big discount to help the team win, what does it say about Marner?
Jan. 28, 2022 at 10:05 a.m.
Deleted
I'm not a fan of the Tavares contract (which is why I have him at the bottom of my standings), but the things he says doesn't irritate me. One thing is to say the right comments while getting paid, but another is having an ego while the Leafs paid you big time. I don't want comments like 'I don't need to change my game' in the locker room when he was the biggest issue in the playoffs. Also, good players get paid, I agree, but when you have guys like Nathan MacKinnon publicly mentioning that he will take a big discount to help the team win, what does it say about Marner?

Why would Marner, who is over a point per game through his entire career, change his game? Consistent 20 goal scorer who has 90 points in his last 82 GP. 7 points in his last 4 games with a goal in each. Through 32 playoff games, he has 25 points as a U25 player. Not sure what he would change about his game. His game works and he is paid so much because very few players have the talent he does.
Jan. 28, 2022 at 10:39 a.m.
Why would Marner, who is over a point per game through his entire career, change his game? Consistent 20 goal scorer who has 90 points in his last 82 GP. 7 points in his last 4 games with a goal in each. Through 32 playoff games, he has 25 points as a U25 player. Not sure what he would change about his game. His game works and he is paid so much because very few players have the talent he does.

He needs to change his game in the playoffs, look at what happened when the one Canadiens player went in for the hit. He flipped the puck over the glass to avoid thd contact, rather than sacrificing his body to make the play. If he keeps up this type of mentality in the playoffs, this Leafs team is going to get beat. Also, regular season stats is not what I look for in Marner, it's what happens when the games matter. 0 goals in 12 playoff games and demanding $10M is a really bad look. He didn't take his foot off the pedal during the contract negotiations, he shouldn't be taking his foot off the pedal during the playoffs. He has no room for error when he demanded Matthews money, he needs to be a perfect player. He put this pressure upon himself, but if he doesn't like it, I'm sure he will have fun in Arizona
Jan. 28, 2022 at 10:52 a.m.
Deleted
He needs to change his game in the playoffs, look at what happened when the one Canadiens player went in for the hit. He flipped the puck over the glass to avoid thd contact, rather than sacrificing his body to make the play. If he keeps up this type of mentality in the playoffs, this Leafs team is going to get beat. Also, regular season stats is not what I look for in Marner, it's what happens when the games matter. 0 goals in 12 playoff games and demanding $10M is a really bad look. He didn't take his foot off the pedal during the contract negotiations, he shouldn't be taking his foot off the pedal during the playoffs. He has no room for error when he demanded Matthews money, he needs to be a perfect player. He put this pressure upon himself, but if he doesn't like it, I'm sure he will have fun in Arizona

Marner literally had more hits in last years playoffs than your precious Zach Bogosian. He also more hits than Foligno granted Foligno played less, and only had 4 less hits that Wayne Simmonds. Against Columbus, he had the same amount of hits as Clifford, and more than Muzzin. As to your whole "didnt take his foot off the pedal during contract negotiations", why should he? On his ELC in 241 games, he put up 224 points. He is a fantastic player who is being paid accordingly. Can you imagine coming off of an ELC with 200+ NHL points under your belt and not being paid big money? He loves the Leafs, he tries hard, and hes a stellar player. Of course he is being paid big money
Jan. 28, 2022 at 10:57 a.m.
Marner literally had more hits in last years playoffs than your precious Zach Bogosian. He also more hits than Foligno granted Foligno played less, and only had 4 less hits that Wayne Simmonds. Against Columbus, he had the same amount of hits as Clifford, and more than Muzzin. As to your whole "didnt take his foot off the pedal during contract negotiations", why should he? On his ELC in 241 games, he put up 224 points. He is a fantastic player who is being paid accordingly. Can you imagine coming off of an ELC with 200+ NHL points under your belt and not being paid big money? He loves the Leafs, he tries hard, and hes a stellar player. Of course he is being paid big money

I don't think Marner loves the Leafs, if he did he would have taken a hometown discount for his home team. The market was set ever since the Leafs decided to go after Tavares, 'come to Toronto and get paid regardless of what you do in the playoffs'. I'm jealous of the environment in place for teams like the Lightning, Panthers, Bruins, Canes, and the Avs. Players take less to win, but in Toronto, there are no discounts unfortunately
Jan. 28, 2022 at 11:17 a.m.
Deleted
I don't think Marner loves the Leafs, if he did he would have taken a hometown discount for his home team. The market was set ever since the Leafs decided to go after Tavares, 'come to Toronto and get paid regardless of what you do in the playoffs'. I'm jealous of the environment in place for teams like the Lightning, Panthers, Bruins, Canes, and the Avs. Players take less to win, but in Toronto, there are no discounts unfortunately

Vasi and Bob are both making stupid money. Boston has DeBrusk at 3675000, Foligno at 3800000 with a NMC for 2 years, Forbort at 3000000 with a M-NTC for 3 years, Ullmark at 5000000 with a NMC for 4 years, and McAvoy is going to be paid a ton. Carolina is paying KK 6100000 and had to give up picks for him, Staal 6000000 with a NMC for 2 years, and Raanta 2000000 for 2 years. Colorado is paying Rantanen and Makar a ton, they are just fortunate enough to have Mackinnon on a steal of a contract. Since you seem to think hometown discounts are such an easy thing to come across, name me some players under 30 who took "hometown discounts".
Jan. 28, 2022 at 10:12 p.m.
Deleted

Vasi and Bob are both making stupid money. Boston has DeBrusk at 3675000, Foligno at 3800000 with a NMC for 2 years, Forbort at 3000000 with a M-NTC for 3 years, Ullmark at 5000000 with a NMC for 4 years, and McAvoy is going to be paid a ton. Carolina is paying KK 6100000 and had to give up picks for him, Staal 6000000 with a NMC for 2 years, and Raanta 2000000 for 2 years. Colorado is paying Rantanen and Makar a ton, they are just fortunate enough to have Mackinnon on a steal of a contract. Since you seem to think hometown discounts are such an easy thing to come across, name me some players under 30 who took "hometown discounts".

Still waiting
Jan. 29, 2022 at 9:44 a.m.
Still waiting

I didn't see your posts, but there are a lot of players who have taken a 'hometown discount' under the age of 30. McAvoy, Svechnikov, Cale Makar, Sebastian Aho, Pelech and Pulock, Brad Marchand when he was 28, the list goes on
Jan. 29, 2022 at 12:35 p.m.
Deleted
I didn't see your posts, but there are a lot of players who have taken a 'hometown discount' under the age of 30. McAvoy, Svechnikov, Cale Makar, Sebastian Aho, Pelech and Pulock, Brad Marchand when he was 28, the list goes on

Since we're talking about Marner, lets look at the forwards you listed:

Svechnikov: Prior to signing his extension, Svech played in 205 games and recorded 140 points (0.68 PPG). Assuming he had 3 full seasons and played in every game, at that pace he would have 167 points in 246 games. Prior to Marner signing his extension, he played in 241 games and recorded 224 points (0.93 PPG). If Marner played in 3 full season (He only missed 5 games on his ELC), he wouldve had 228 points in 246 games. Marner is and was the better player at the time of signing his extension.

Aho: Prior to signing his extension, Aho played in 242 games and recorded 197 points (0.81 PPG). Assuming Aho played in 3 full seasons (He only missed 4 games on his ELC) at that pace, Aho wouldve had 199 points in 246 games. Again, compared to Marner's actual numbers (224 points in 241 games), and Marner's projected numbers through 3 full seasons, Marner was the better player at the time of signing.

Marchand: Comparing Marner coming off of an ELC to Marchand in his prime seems a little unfair, so I'll compare them since signing their most recent extensions. Since signing his extension, Marchy has played in 306 games (and counting), recording 388 points (1.27 PPG). Since signing his extension, Marner has played in 144 games, recording 162 points (1.13 PPG). Its no secret Marchand is on a steal of a contract, but there arent a ton of those in the NHL. Typically, star players get paid. Rantanen, Panarin, Eichel, Stone, Barkov, even Ovi (Who got 9.5 mil for 5 years at 36 years old). Stone loves Vegas but still cashed in. Discount contracts arent as common as you think, but the only good players that get flack for being paid "too much" are the ones in Toronto. Colorado fans dont whine that theyre paying Rantanen 9.25 mil. Rangers fans dont whine about paying Panarin 11.6. People are thankful to have good players, but Toronto fans always find a way to complain because the grass is always greener.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll