Feb. 2, 2022 at 7:28 a.m.
Buffalo Sabres
capsfan2121 and Roysboy72 liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 7:40 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Buffalo Sabres

Dallas Stars
capsfan2121, BuFfaLOFaN, EsoYeezus69 and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 8:05 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: justaBoss
Dallas Stars

Buffalo Sabres

Washington Capitals
Feb. 2, 2022 at 8:36 a.m.
Go leafs go
Buffalo Sabres

Dallas Stars

Quoting: capsfan2121
Washington Capitals

Toronto Maple Leafs
Feb. 2, 2022 at 8:37 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Dallas Stars

Buffalo Sabres

Washington Capitals

Quoting: Saskleaf
Toronto Maple Leafs

Atlanta Thrashers
capsfan2121, Saskleaf, BuFfaLOFaN and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 8:42 a.m.
Buffalo Sabres

Dallas Stars

Washington Capitals

Toronto Maple Leafs

Quoting: NoVaSpartan
Atlanta Thrashers

Quebec Nordiques
capsfan2121, BuFfaLOFaN, Roysboy72 and 1 other person liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 8:55 a.m.
Buffalo Sabres

Dallas Stars

Washington Capitals

Toronto Maple Leafs

Atlanta Thrashers

Quoting: Rangsey
Quebec Nordiques

Montreal Canadiens
capsfan2121, zk97, BuFfaLOFaN and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 9:02 a.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Montreal Canadiens

Quebec Nordiques

Atlanta Thrashers

Toronto Maple Leafs

Washington Capitals

Dallas Stars

Buffalo Sabres

Minnesota North Stars
capsfan2121, BuFfaLOFaN, Rangsey and 2 others liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 9:11 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Ok I'm going to break the chain, (mostly so Beter doesn't delete this squinty smile ) with some actual NHL discussion.

Do we think the Devils will try to roll with Akira Schmid and Jon Gillies, and if not, what goalie do they look to sign/trade for?

My prediction is a buy low option on Dobby, or if they really want to get wild, Strauss Mann if he does well in the Olympics.
capsfan2121, mokumboi, BuFfaLOFaN and 3 others liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 9:13 a.m.
Ok I'm going to break the chain, (mostly so Beter doesn't delete this squinty smile ) with some actual NHL discussion.

Do we think the Devils will try to roll with Akira Schmid and Jon Gillies, and if not, what goalie do they look to sign/trade for?

My prediction is a buy low option on Dobby, or if they really want to get wild, Strauss Mann if he does well in the Olympics.

Maybe a Sabres goalie when guys like Anderson, Dell, Tokarski, Houser, Subban etc are healthy
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 9:14 a.m.
Craig Laughlin Fan
Maybe a Sabres goalie when guys like Anderson, Dell, Tokarski, Houser, Subban etc are healthy

maybe, but Subban is probably out for the year. Dell doesn't seem to attractive either, but perhaps they could grab Tokarski.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 9:18 a.m.
maybe, but Subban is probably out for the year. Dell doesn't seem to attractive either, but perhaps they could grab Tokarski.

I mean, they're buy low for a filler goalie options, if they want an actual backup then Dobby seems a good option
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 9:22 a.m.
What in tarnation

They should swap Koskinen for Bernier. NJ get a goalie that can eat NHL minutes, EDM gets immediate cap relief since Bernier is in LTIR for this year, and he could be their 1B tandem with Smith or Skinner next year, provided he's healthy.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 9:47 a.m.
Anyone else not getting pinged from this thread?
Feb. 2, 2022 at 9:49 a.m.
WentWughes

Seems like Petry can get a 1st + good prospect (and even more in the offseason)

Its not Hab fans overvaluing them
Feb. 2, 2022 at 9:49 a.m.
Kyle Palmieri has a 1.6 S% this season - might be the most snakebitten player in NHL history. His career average is 13.2%
zk97, Devil and Roysboy72 liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 10:16 a.m.
We now have more threads than the habs and coyotes have wins
A_Habs_fan, Devil and justaBoss liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 10:21 a.m.
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Minnesota North Stars

Montreal Canadiens

Quebec Nordiques

Atlanta Thrashers

Toronto Maple Leafs

Washington Capitals

Dallas Stars

Buffalo Sabres

NHL

Just making sure this gets back to the NHL topic ...
NoVaSpartan, capsfan2121, EsoYeezus69 and 3 others liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 10:27 a.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

I highly disagree, Chiarot, Lehky getting 1st i can see but Petry's been abysmal, he still has some value but not a 1st
EsoYeezus69 and Roysboy72 liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 10:31 a.m.
WentWughes
I highly disagree, Chiarot, Lehky getting 1st i can see but Petry's been abysmal, he still has some value but not a 1st

Was a Norris contender last year in the regular season and then was a beast in the playoffs. There's value there.
capsfan2121 liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 10:38 a.m.
What in tarnation

Fwiw, DAL once actually acquired the guy making that tweet, Marc Methot, to play in that exact role. He was 33 at the time if I recall correctly with similar contract to Petry, term-wise, and had a great year playing with Karlsson just a year before, so his value was probably higher than his performance alone would've justified.

DAL paid a meh prospect+2nd for the guy.

I think that sets a bar on what MTL could realistically expect for Petry in the offseason.

I just fail to see where this value comes from, because when I keep hearing about their performance they're being sold on high in that regard. But honestly if their performance was even close to what MTL fans think they are, they wouldn't be literally at the bottom of the standings, after fluking it out to the finals.

I think all three of them, Petry, Chiarot and Lehkonen, warrant a return of 2nd round pick and a meh prospect. Nothing in their most recent performance is indicative of them being worth any more than that, and spending more on such asset seems like a major mistake to me.

If I were a GM I'd stay as far as possible from MTL defensemen considering their ask price, but for Lehkonen I'd might bite. His numbers are actually good for a defensive forward.
EsoYeezus69 and Roysboy72 liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 10:39 a.m.
Tintin over 1122
Was a Norris contender last year in the regular season and then was a beast in the playoffs. There's value there.

Yes. I could see him getting a first. The problem with him is that he isn’t trying and doesn’t care because he doesn’t want to be there.
BuFfaLOFaN and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 10:41 a.m.

I just fail to see where this value comes from, because when I keep hearing about their performance they're being sold on high in that regard. But honestly if their performance was even close to what MTL fans think they are, they wouldn't be literally at the bottom of the standings, after fluking it out to the finals.

I think all three of them, Petry, Chiarot and Lehkonen, warrant a return of 2nd round pick and a meh prospect. Nothing in their most recent performance is indicative of them being worth any more than that, and spending more on such asset seems like a major mistake to me.

If I were a GM I'd stay as far as possible from MTL defensemen considering their ask price, but for Lehkonen I'd might bite. His numbers are actually good for a defensive forward.

Chiarot is worth around a 1st and should get that, Lehky is worth max 2nd+prospect but he might get Barclay Goodrow type value, Petry is hard to gauge but due to his contract, age and performance this year, I'd take like a 3rd
Feb. 2, 2022 at 10:44 a.m.
What in tarnation
Chiarot is worth around a 1st and should get that, Lehky is worth max 2nd+prospect but he might get Barclay Goodrow type value, Petry is hard to gauge but due to his contract, age and performance this year, I'd take like a 3rd

He was more impressive last year and in the playoffs, but what in this year's performance suggest that he's more than a bottom-4 depth D-man? Because using him in a top4, or even in a top2 role hasn't produced good results, considering where you guys are in the standings.

If he had more term I'd understand making a punt on a playoff team but for a rental asset I think the performance of this year means a lot, and it's been less than ideal.
Feb. 2, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.
WentWughes
Fwiw, DAL once actually acquired the guy making that tweet, Marc Methot, to play in that exact role. He was 33 at the time if I recall correctly with similar contract to Petry, term-wise, and had a great year playing with Karlsson just a year before, so his value was probably higher than his performance alone would've justified.

DAL paid a meh prospect+2nd for the guy.

I think that sets a bar on what MTL could realistically expect for Petry in the offseason.

Methot had 12 points in 68 Games playing beside Erik Karlsson and did Jack all in the playoffs. He was a pure shutdown defender. Not similar to Petry whatsoever.

2nd part, Montreal is **** because of injuries and we have the worst coach in the league. We have very good individual players, we just don't have a system

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll