TOR
    Future Considerations . Any team that will take him
    OTT
    1. Ritchie, Nick
    2. 2023 5th round pick (TOR)
    TOR
    1. Giroux, Claude ($4,000,000 retained)
    Additional Details:
    At the deadline Giroux agrees to be traded to Toronto for a chance at the cup. Born in Hearst, Ontario. Leafs need a player like him to secure a shot at the cup.. Leafs can't afford him next year anyway so he signs with the Flyers because he wants to finish his career there.
    PHI
    1. Amirov, Rodion
    2. 2022 1st round pick (TOR)
    TOR
    1. Crouse, Lawson
    Additional Details:
    Coyotes don't need Kerfoot so they trade him for a pick.
    ARI
    1. Der-Arguchintsev, Semyon
    2. Kerfoot, Alexander
    3. 2023 4th round pick (TOR)
    Additional Details:
    Kerfoot trade to dump salary. He is having a very good year and will bring a good pick.
    NYI
    1. Dermott, Travis
    2. Hollowell, Mac
    3. 2022 2nd round pick (TOR)
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    21$81,500,000$77,003,949$0$400,000$4,496,051
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $950,000$950,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    $11,640,250$11,640,250
    C
    UFA - 3
    $10,903,000$10,903,000
    RW
    UFA - 4
    Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
    $1,533,333$1,533,333
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,645,000$1,645,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
    $137,500$137,500
    RW, C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $6,962,366$6,962,366
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $750,000$750,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD/RD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    $3,800,000$3,800,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the New York Islanders
    $1,450,000$1,450,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $1,650,000$1,650,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $894,167$894,167
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
    RD
    RFA - 1
    Taxi Squad
    $900,000$900,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    RW, LW
    NTC
    UFA - 2
    $796,667$796,667 ($0$0$0$0)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 3
    $750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000 ($0$0$0$0)
    LW
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 8:43 a.m.
    Banned
    Overpay for Mayfield and Crouse is not as good as Kerfoot. There is no return there
    palhal liked this.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 8:49 a.m.
    Deleted
    Giroux on the Leafs is such an awesome idea, but I don't think it happens. Met him one time during a tournament in Hearst, absolutely awesome dude. I'm not sure Arizona wants to moves Crouse, and IMO Kerfoot is the better player. I don't think people give Mayfield enough credit on here, but that seems like too much. Also I wouldn't be so eager to move Amirov, especially for a few months of G. Amirov is going to endear himself to tons of leafs fans when he comes over to North America
    Storms and palhal liked this.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 8:53 a.m.
    I have a question for Leafs fans and this is not a troll so don't take it like that please. I saw a report yesterday saying the Leafs are considering moving Muzzin at the deadline with the emergence of Sandin in the top 4 this year. Is this true? One would think that would be a bad move for a strong team headed into the playoffs where the salary cap does not count. The Leafs are already under the cap with both players on the roster why move one and weaken the defense?
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:07 a.m.
    Adding a prospect and a pick to get a worse player in crouse is a terrible move and that's an overpayment and a half for mayfield
    palhal liked this.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:08 a.m.
    Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
    Overpay for Mayfield and Crouse is not as good as Kerfoot. There is no return there

Yes, it is an overpay for Mayfield but he has an additional year at a low CAP hit and next year Leafs need to resign Sandin and Liljegren. This may help.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:10 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Campabee
    I have a question for Leafs fans and this is not a troll so don't take it like that please. I saw a report yesterday saying the Leafs are considering moving Muzzin at the deadline with the emergence of Sandin in the top 4 this year. Is this true? One would think that would be a bad move for a strong team headed into the playoffs where the salary cap does not count. The Leafs are already under the cap with both players on the roster why move one and weaken the defense?

That is just the internet mob reporting. You can throw a rock anywhere in Canada and likely hit a "Leafs insider" reporting that every player is on the block, being moved, being traded for or will be signed in the off season. 99% of it is total nonsense. The Leafs are highly unlikely to trade a defenceman away. They may trade for another defenceman though, it make all the sense for them to get to 8 NHL defenceman, they have 7 right now including Holl. Why would they trade their #2 RD because their #3 LD has been looking decent so far?
    palhal liked this.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:11 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Storms
    Yes, it is an overpay for Mayfield but he has an additional year at a low CAP hit and next year Leafs need to resign Sandin and Liljegren. This may help.

How does having another 3rd pair RD help them?
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:12 a.m.

I've been suggesting this trade for months. Muzzin is slowing down, he doesn't suit out style of play anymore. I love him as a person and a player but the leafs need D who can make quick passes and transition the play up the ice and Muzzin can't do that anymore. I know it's a risk to move him now and most reports seem to think they will move him in the off-season but I think moving him asap makes sense cause teams headed for a cup run will pay a premium for him today. If you wait for the summer he is an ageing veteran on the decline and you get much less in return.

If we make this trade the assets need to help bring back a replacement for Holl. So Sandin can have a reliable partner. Dermott/Liljegren is a fine third pair but maybe they want to add someone else there with more grit.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:13 a.m.
    How does having another 3rd pair RD help them?

He's been playing top 4. I don't like the trade but I see OPs logic.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:14 a.m.
    That is just the internet mob reporting. You can throw a rock anywhere in Canada and likely hit a "Leafs insider" reporting that every player is on the block, being moved, being traded for or will be signed in the off season. 99% of it is total nonsense. The Leafs are highly unlikely to trade a defenceman away. They may trade for another defenceman though, it make all the sense for them to get to 8 NHL defenceman, they have 7 right now including Holl. Why would they trade their #2 RD because their #3 LD has been looking decent so far?

This was exactly what I was thinking lol. Like why are the Leafs considering moving anyone on D out. They are considered a top 5 team for sure, they should be adding not deleting players. Even if Sandin pushed bothe Reilly and Muzzin down the lineup, heading into the playoffs with that much depth is never a bad thing lol.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:14 a.m.

They are both LD
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:15 a.m.
    This was exactly what I was thinking lol. Like why are the Leafs considering moving anyone on D out. They are considered a top 5 team for sure, they should be adding not deleting players. Even if Sandin pushed bothe Reilly and Muzzin down the lineup, heading into the playoffs with that much depth is never a bad thing lol.

Cause he carries a 5.25M cap hit and the assets you get from him could help you get a RD which we need more.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:15 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: fangm
    He's been playing top 4. I don't like the trade but I see OPs logic.

He's been playing top 4 and has been on the ice for over a quarter of the Islanders goals against. For a guy who's supposed to be great at preventing goals, he gets scored on a lot. At the same time Holl's been a top 4 defender for the Leafs this season and has better numbers than Mayfield. So how does this make sense?
    palhal liked this.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:16 a.m.
    Banned
    They are both LD

What are you talking about? Holl is RD and Sandin is LD and has been in the top 4 because Muzzin is hurt.
    palhal liked this.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:18 a.m.
    Banned

Half of the leaf fans on here listen to the legions of leaf haters and think we are bad defensively still despite being 6th currently in GA/G. And we are only 6th due to a short stretch of games were they allowed more goals than usual for a little bit. It's all ridiculous
    palhal liked this.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:21 a.m.
    I've been suggesting this trade for months. Muzzin is slowing down, he doesn't suit out style of play anymore. I love him as a person and a player but the leafs need D who can make quick passes and transition the play up the ice and Muzzin can't do that anymore. I know it's a risk to move him now and most reports seem to think they will move him in the off-season but I think moving him asap makes sense cause teams headed for a cup run will pay a premium for him today. If you wait for the summer he is an ageing veteran on the decline and you get much less in return.

If we make this trade the assets need to help bring back a replacement for Holl. So Sandin can have a reliable partner. Dermott/Liljegren is a fine third pair but maybe they want to add someone else there with more grit.

Trying to play a transition game in the playoffs is going to hurt. The playoffs are not the regular season, you aren't going to beat teams 4-1 or 6-1. Most games are going to finish 3-2, with the better team defense winning the games. Subtracting from the blueline headed into the playoffs is a HUGE mistake. I like Holl but agree the Leafs need someone who can push him down the lineup. Manson would have been perfect for the Leafs if not for having T.O. on his NT list (he could still waive for Toronto though so there is a bit of hope left). Not sure who else is available who I would put ahead of Holl though.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:24 a.m.
    What are you talking about? Holl is RD and Sandin is LD and has been in the top 4 because Muzzin is hurt.

We were talking about Muzzin
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:26 a.m.
    Quoting: Nate
    Giroux on the Leafs is such an awesome idea, but I don't think it happens. Met him one time during a tournament in Hearst, absolutely awesome dude. I'm not sure Arizona wants to moves Crouse, and IMO Kerfoot is the better player. I don't think people give Mayfield enough credit on here, but that seems like too much. Also I wouldn't be so eager to move Amirov, especially for a few months of G. Amirov is going to endear himself to tons of leafs fans when he comes over to North America

I agree, Kerfoot is having a really good season but if Leafs go for a big name player they will need the Cap space and unfortunately Kerfoot would be the causality. Being a big body, Crouse will not get pushed off the puck like Kerfoot does. I think Crouse would be better on a better team. If it means increasing the offer, I think it would worst it. I appreciate your positive feedback. How refreshing!
    DeletedACGMAccount liked this.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:27 a.m.
    Banned
    We were talking about Muzzin

Oh I read that wrong and now I understand. It also was entirely speculation just the usual talking heads floating ideas like that is what reporting is. He also said it would be done in the off season.
    fangm liked this.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
    Cause he carries a 5.25M cap hit and the assets you get from him could help you get a RD which we need more.

Why wouldn't you just move Dermott and Ritchie instead your 2nd best D man then? Ritchie you would have to give up a 2nd to Arizona or Buffalo but that gives you 1.385 mil extra and Dermott's 1.5 mil makes it 2.885 Mil and with your current 2.871 that gives you more than Muzzin's 5.25 without significantly hurting the roster.

Edit * or better yet like someone above said move Kerfoot then your not touching the D at all.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
    Banned

This is a "All my hockey knowledge comes from playing Check" mentality. You don't trade your #2 defenceman a head of the playoffs. Will Sandin move up eventually? I sure hope so but you move Muzzin now you create an absolute massive hole.

The only move that makes sense for TO right now is adding another defenceman so they can have 8 NHL defenceman. The let's move guys until we have only 6 NHL defenceman and then rely on Biega and Dahlstrom in case of injuries are so dumb
    palhal liked this.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:31 a.m.
    Banned
    Why wouldn't you just move Dermott and Ritchie instead your 2nd best D man then? Ritchie you would have to give up a 2nd to Arizona or Buffalo but that gives you 1.385 mil extra and Dermott's 1.5 mil makes it 2.885 Mil and with your current 2.871 that gives you more than Muzzin's 5.25 without significantly hurting the roster.

Or just move Ritchie to clear some extra space and add another defenceman
    Campabee liked this.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:36 a.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: Storms
    I agree, Kerfoot is having a really good season but if Leafs go for a big name player they will need the Cap space and unfortunately Kerfoot would be the causality. Being a big body, Crouse will not get pushed off the puck like Kerfoot does. I think Crouse would be better on a better team. If it means increasing the offer, I think it would worst it. I appreciate your positive feedback. How refreshing!

Crouse is so overrated. When Arizona was a decent team he was a 4th liner. They barely have an NHL roster and he's a top liner. Hes a 3rd/4th liner on most teams and wouldn't make many others. Kerfoot doesn't get pushed off the puck all that much. He's a greasy player.
    palhal liked this.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:48 a.m.
    Banned
    Trying to play a transition game in the playoffs is going to hurt. The playoffs are not the regular season, you aren't going to beat teams 4-1 or 6-1. Most games are going to finish 3-2, with the better team defense winning the games. Subtracting from the blueline headed into the playoffs is a HUGE mistake. I like Holl but agree the Leafs need someone who can push him down the lineup. Manson would have been perfect for the Leafs if not for having T.O. on his NT list (he could still waive for Toronto though so there is a bit of hope left). Not sure who else is available who I would put ahead of Holl though.

Manson is overrated. He is considered this amazing top 4 RD but his best season was 4 years ago and that followed a great playoff run. Since then he's been below average. He's slower than Holl and has less puck skills. He just hits a lot and that makes him amazing to some people. There really is no evidence to support Manson being an upgrade over Holl. With that in mind, why would you spend the major assets it would cost to get a guy who isn't even an upgrade over what you have?
    palhal liked this.
    Feb. 6, 2022 at 9:49 a.m.
    Banned

Also transition offence was Montreal's entire strategy. The entire playoffs they were peppered by the opposition but when they got the puck back they raced up ice looking for odd man rushes.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll